Losing you

Goodbye, Hello

An officer was seen running towards them before stopping right in front of Minho.

"Sir, there's an emergency. It seems that one of the suspect is pointing a gun towards Mr Nicky's head and demanding for a Ms Tiffany to come forward. In 10mins time."

"What?!!" Minho was taken aback by the request as everyone turned to look at Tiffany.

"I'll go." Tiffany bravely stood forward but she was stopped by Minho.

"Wait. We're not suppose to just give in to their demands without any backup plans." Minho frowned as he turned to his officer. "What's the current location of the suspect and the victim, Jinki?"

"The victim is standing at the edge of the rooftop with the suspect hiding behind him while aiming the gun at his head. She's shouting out her demands at us from above and using the victim's body as her cover." The officer explained.

"We need safety gears for Tiffany before we could send her in. Tell Jonghyun to drive the black van here. In the mean time, stall for more time." Minho gave his orders as the officer nodded his head before running off. "Tiffany, this is going to be dangerous. I know you're worried for both victims but we can't send you to them without any preparation. Follow me."

(15mins ago at the rooftop)

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." Sunmi slapped the faces of her bodyguards. "How in the world would the police know about this if it's not because of your negligence? It must be because of both of you. Both of you are really useless."

At the moment, Taeyeon and Nicky were kneeling at the corner as they just watched Sunmi berating her bodyguards.

"Hey, Nicky, Turn your back sideways towards me." Taeyeon whispered as Nicky had a confused look but he still followed her instructions. Taeyeon scooted closer and managed to loosen the ropes around Nicky's wrist. "Look for an opportunity and save yourself."

Nicky realised what Taeyeon had did and was just about to do the same to her when Sunmi walked up towards them. Pointing her gun at Nicky, she told him to stand up before giving further instructions to her bodyguards to watch over Taeyeon.

"Move to the edge of the rooftop. Hurry up." Sunmi pressed the nozzle of the gun at Nicky's back. "Okay. Stop."

Without any hesitation, Nicky stopped just when he reached the edge of the rooftop. From where he was standing, he saw 2 police cars in front of the house with 4 police officers, squatting in position behind their car doors. Two of them had their guns pointing towards the entrance door while the other two were pointing towards the rooftop. He saw two civilian cars parked a few meters away, with a few girls standing around as he noticed that one of them was Tiffany. A black van suddenly appeared from the back of the house and stopped in front of the cars, blocking his view as he felt a cold metallic object pointing at his head, causing him to freeze on the spot.

"YAH!!! Put your guns away if you want him to be alive." Sunmi shouted as the officers didn't move from their positions. "I'm not interested to talk to anybody except for Tiffany. Ask her to come up, all by herself, to the rooftop in 10mins time. Any delays will cause a bullet to pierce through any part of his body. "

Nicky swallowed the lump in his throat when he heard Sunmi's words. He looked around and realised that they were actually in an abandoned area. The only building that was there was the house they were in with the next house about 10km away from them.

While Sunmi was shouting out her demands and watching the whole area from where she was standing, Taeyeon took the opportunity to talk to the two bodyguards that were watching over her.

"Oppa, how long more do the both of you want to continue being harassed by that crazy woman? Police are already involve in this and you've become criminals now because of her." Taeyeon said softly as she noticed one of the bodyguards biting his lips. "I know that both of you were somehow forced into this. It's better to surrender to the police and hope that they'll give you a lighter sentence. At least, it's much better than working for her."

Taeyeon continued to try to influence their mindset while keeping watch at Sunmi's actions. Suddenly, one of the bodyguards started running towards the rooftop door. His partner was shocked and shouted at him, causing Sunmi to look behind.

'BANG!!!'

Tiffany looked up towards the rooftop as she saw Nicky's shocked and scared expression. She was making her way towards the house main entrance when she heard the gunshot. Tiffany shouted out Nicky's name as she saw Sunmi's head appearing behind him with a loop-sided smile.

"It's almost time, . A few seconds left before I put a hole in your boyfriend's heart." Sunmi laughed as Nicky shook his head with his face turning paler.

Tiffany was about to argue with Sunmi about the fact that Nicky was not her boyfriend but she decided that she had not much time left as she dashed into the house.

A distance away, a group of girls looked nervously at Minho. They had wanted to walk closer to the house but once again, Minho had stopped them, citing safety reasons.

"Will Tiffany be fine by herself?" Sooyoung asked her cousin who was frowning at the moment.

"I've already given her a bulletproof vest to be worn under her shirt and a voice recorder pinned under it. We'll be able to hear their conversation and will be able to advise Tiffany on what to do through the mini receiver attached at the back of her ear." Minho explained as he gestured to the girls to follow him inside the black van where Jonghyun was seated with a lot of gadgets surrounding him.

Jonghyun handed a headset to Minho and some of the girls as he turned a few knobs here and there while the rest tried to listen in to the conversation but all they could hear was Tiffany's heavy breathing.

************************

Tiffany's POV

I rushed up the stairs with the image of Nicky being shot by Sunmi in my mind. My heart was beating so fast that by the time I pushed opened the door to the rooftop, I was already breathless.

"Nicky!!" I shouted again as I tried to catch my breathe while looking around.

"Worried about your boyfriend, Tiffany?"

I saw Sunmi smirking before she started laughing hysterically as my eyes widened at the scene in front of me. Sunmi had her gun pointing towards Nicky's head and standing beside him was Taeyeon with her hands tied behind. One of the bodyguard was holding a baseball bat and gripping hard on Taeyeon's left arm.

I looked to the side and saw a lifeless body surrounded in a pool of blood. I covered my mouth due to the sudden feeling of nauseous as I recognised that it was one of the bodyguards. 'Is he dead already?' I thought to myself but my question was quickly answered by an arrogant-looking Sunmi.

"He's dead. A shot through the head. I'm good, right?" Sunmi started to smirk again before laughing out loud. "You've been shouting out Nicky's name since you heard the gunshot. Are you more worried about him than Taeyeon? Tsk tsk tsk..."

Sunmi shook her head as I turned to look at Taeyeon. Her condition was not as bad as Nicky but I noticed her bleeding lips. Taeyeon tried to give me a reassuring smile before she looked down to the floor.

"Taetae.." My voice was soft as I felt the pain in my heart, looking at both of them. "Why are you doing all this, Sunmi?"

"Why? You're asking me, why? Are you that stupid?!!" Sunmi suddenly shouted. "You took Taeyeonie away from me. Why do you have to come back into her life? You could have just stayed in Japan and be happy with Nicky. But noooo... you left him, broke his heart and went back to Taeyeonie. Because of you, he wanted to hurt my Taeyeonie. I can't let anyone hurt her. I wanted to hurt you instead. But my plans were thwarted by her."

I saw Sunmi turning her body towards Taeyeon before shaking her head while waving her gun in front of Taeyeon's face.

"Tiffany, run. Save yourself."

I was frozen in my spot as everything that happened next seems to run in a slow motion. I saw Nicky running towards me with his hands waving around and pointing to the door, gesturing me to get out before he suddenly fell to the ground in a kneeling position while holding on to his left arm. I wanted to run to his side but a voice behind my ear stopped me from doing so.

"What happened, Tiffany? We heard another gunshot."

It was Minho's voice as I quickly updated him about the current situation, by pretending to cover my mouth as if I was shocked. He informed me that his officers had taken up new positions inside the house and was waiting for his further instructions. Sunmi was not aware of it since she was not watching the police movement from above.

"Ooppps... I missed. It was meant for his head though." Sunmi replied as she giggled to herself while she walked towards Nicky and pulled him up by his hair. "How did you manage to loosen your hands?"

Nicky didn't answered as he just stared at the gun that was being pointed at his face. Sunmi was getting more agitated as she swung the gun at Nicky's head. The impact caused Nicky to fall flat to the ground, knocking him out temporarily as Sunmi turned to look at Taeyeon who had just been observing everything.

"It was you, wasn't it? Loosening his ropes and making my bodyguard turned his back on me." Sunmi walked closer to Taeyeon as I tried to communicate again with Minho, asking him about what I should do next.

Taeyeon's POV

As I saw Nicky falling to the ground, I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth. 'Aissh.. That idiot. Why did he choose the wrong time to make his move?' I thought to myself as I heard Sunmi's voice.

"It was you, wasn't it? Loosening his ropes and making my bodyguard turned his back on me."

My breathing started to speed up when I saw Sunmi walking closer to me.

"Did you see what your actions have caused them? One is dead and the other has a bullet through his arms. If you had just shut your mouth up, maybe all this won't have happened. Why are you making things difficult to all of us, Taeyeonie?"

Sunmi's words echoed through my head as I started to agree with her. It was all my fault. Everything was my fault. I sighed and was about to look at Tiffany when something hard hit my stomach, causing me to drop to my knees. I saw the end of the baseball bat, dangling in front of my eyes as I heard Sunmi's laughter. A strong grip on my arms, pulled me up as I came face to face with Sunmi.

"Oh my poor Taeyeonie. Did I hurt you?" Sunmi caressed my cheeks and was about to lean in to kiss me when I turned my head away. "Stop... Turning.. Away.."

With every word she said, I had to endure the pain as the baseball bat hit my stomach repeatedly. I didn't fall to the ground this time round since the bodyguard was holding to my arms firmly, supporting my standing position but I could feel the ropes around my wrist starting to loosen.

"Taetae!!! Andwae!! Sunmi, please stop. Please. I beg you. Don't hurt her." Tiffany broke down and cried as she turned to look at Nicky who was bleeding from his bullet wound on his arm before turning to look at Taeyeon who was being hit repeatedly with the baseball bat.

"Stop? Who are you to instruct me?" Sunmi glared at Tiffany before she smiled. "Okay. I'll stop. Not because of your request but because right now, I'm going to make you choose. I will only allow one person to leave this place. Either Taeyeon or Nicky."

Sunmi started to laugh again as I turned to look at Tiffany. I saw the confused look in her eyes and was reminded of the time when I told her to decide between me or Nicky before I asked for a break-up. Sunmi instructed her bodyguard to lift Nicky up while she gripped my arms. She dragged me to another edge of the rooftop, which was different from where she stood earlier with Nicky.

"Bring him here too."

Sunmi instructed her bodyguard as he dragged Nicky, who had woken up, to stand beside me.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to Nicky who kept apologising for his rash decision earlier as he had his gaze down to the floor. 'It's okay. I guess you panicked."

"Taeyeon, you're bleeding."

Nicky suddenly said as I looked down at where he was looking at. It was then that I felt the warm liquid that was trickling down from my left waist to my thighs.

"Nicky, promise me to take care of Tiffany okay." I said as Nicky blinked his eyes a few times before nodding his head subconsciously.

"Stop talking to each other." Sunmi shouted at us as both of us turned to look at her. "So Tiffany, have you made your decision yet?"

Sunmi pushed me slightly away from Nicky as she stood between us. Shifting her gun from my head to Nicky's head, she started to laugh again while repeating the actions a few times. I took a deep breathe as I gritted my teeth.

With a soft voice, I mumbled these words. 'Tiffany, saranghae'

Nicky's POV

"Nicky, promise me to take care of Tiffany okay."

I looked at Taeyeon and blinked my eyes repeatedly. 'What's with the sudden request?' I thought to myself as I absentmindedly nodded my head. I was still feeling a little dazed from the hit to my head earlier and was about to ask Taeyeon about her request when I heard Sunmi shouting at us.

"Stop talking to each other." I turned to look at her. "So Tiffany, have you made your decision yet?"

Sunmi forced herself to squeeze between me and Taeyeon as I felt the nozzle of the gun shifting between my head and Taeyeon's head a few times. I continued looking at the blood on Taeyeon's pants. From a distance, you can't really see that she's bleeding but because of our close proximity, i was able to see it.

"I can't wait for your decision the whole day, ." Sunmi shouted again. "5... 4... 3...."

"Nicky!! Down!!"

I heard Taeyeon's loud voice as I automatically squated down when Sunmi was pointing her gun at my head. The shout had startled Sunmi whose body was slightly turned away from Taeyeon who then grabbed her neck from the back with her left arm while her right arm was trying to reach for the gun.

"Run!! Now!! Bring Tiffany along!!"

I scrambled to my feet as I made a dash towards Tiffany who seemed to be too shocked to react to anything. Even for myself, I was just basically following the instructions given by Taeyeon. I grabbed Tiffany's arm and pulled her along with me towards the exit door. I didn't dare to look behind at what was happening even though I could hear the shouts coming from Sunmi's voice who seemed to be struggling against Taeyeon.

The moment I opened the door, we were pulled out to safety by two officers, one male and one female, as another two officers dashed in to enter the rooftop. Just when the rooftop door was about to close, another gunshot was heard.

************************

"TAETAE!!!" Tiffany shouted out loud as she struggled against the restraint of the female police officer. "Let me go!! I need to get to her."

"Ms Tiffany, please calm down. Officer Jonghyun and Officer Taemin are inside to control the situation." The officer said softly, trying to persuade her.

"Tiffany." Nicky called out to her softly.

"Just leave me alone, Nicky." Tiffany answered without even looking at him as tears started to flow down her cheeks. "You should get your arm treated first."

Nicky nodded his head as he followed the officer, who had been holding to him, down the stairs. The rooftop door opened as Officer Taemin dashed out while talking on his walkie talkie but Tiffany couldn't hear what he was saying. Tiffany tried to struggle again but the female officer held on to her. She started to cry out loud and kept shaking her head until she felt someone hugging her. Opening her eyes, she saw Jessica and Sunny in front of her while Officer Kibum and Officer Jinki walked past them while carrying something that look like dead body bags.

"Jessi, Sunny.. I need to see Taetae.. I... I hesitated again." Tiffany couldn't control her tears. "I.. I couldn't decide.. I hesitated before, years ago and I lost her. Am I going to lose her again? Please.. I don't want to lose her."

Jessica who was hugging Tiffany, rubbed her back as Sunny just patted Tiffany's head which was on Jessica's shoulders.

The 3 girl's attention were soon diverted to the door as they saw Officer Jonghyun bringing out the bodyguard who had his hands cuffed at the back. Tiffany took the opportunity to dash in through the open door since the female officer was not holding on to her ever since Jessica had hugged her.

"Tiff, wait up." Jessica shouted as she and Sunny followed their bestfriend in.

The 3 of them stopped in the middle of the rooftop and looked around. They saw Officer Kibum and Officer Onew were halfway zipping up the dead body bag which Tiffany recognised as the other bodyguard that was shot dead by Sunmi. Tiffany looked ahead and saw another dead body bag that had been zipped up.

"Oh my god." Jessica covered to prevent herself from saying anything as the 3 girls walked nearer to the body.

Tiffany trembled when she reached the zipper and was about to it when she stopped. "I... I... can't.."

"Wait. How come there's only two bodies here?" Sunny suddenly said as she quickly ped the bag.

Shocked was clearly written across the 3 girls faces when they saw Sunmi's body inside the bag, with an obvious bullet wound through her heart. Tiffany, Jessica and Sunny stood frozen in their spots and only snapped out of their shock when Office Kibum appeared beside them to zip up the bag. The girls were about to look around again when Hyoyeon dashed in.

"Fany-unnie!! Taeng-unnie... She.. She.." Hyoyeon was panting hard but she kept pointing to the door as Tiffany ran up to her.

"Where's Taetae? Why is she not here?" Tiffany shook the shoulders of the younger girl.

"She's downstairs. She fell off the rooftop. But..." Hyoyeon paused as Tiffany's eyes widened in anticipation. "That's not the only problem. Her old wound had split opened and she's losing a lot of blood. She..."

Tiffany didn't allowed Hyoyeon to complete her sentence as she dashed out from the rooftop while the rest of the girls followed her from behind.