Coming for you

Goodbye, Hello

No one said anything as everyone's eyes were fixed on the screen while the officer-in-charge tried to get a clearer picture of the video which was playing in front of them. Sooyoung saw Tiffany's eyes became watery as her hands covered as they watched the screen replaying itself, with each time the scene was getting clearer than before.

Two big-sized men were seen making their way hurriedly into a black car with one of them carrying someone in their arms. The girl looked so small in his arms with her head resting on his neck. The other man was busy looking around the area as his accomplice placed the body at the back seat before they drove off quickly.

"Taemin, get the car plate number and tracked it down."

Sooyoung's cousin said to one of the officer who nodded his head. A few minutes later, the officer left his seat after scribbling something on a piece of paper while Minho looked at Sooyoung with a frown.

"It seems that the girl is unconscious when they carried her, seeing that there was no reaction from her. We're not able to ascertain her face since the view was blocked." Minho explained.

"It's Taeyeon." Tiffany answered as she bite her lips. "That was what she was wearing when we left the apartment. I was the one who choose it for her."

"Minho, do you have any other surveillance cameras around the area? Maybe somewhere nearer to the park?" Yuri asked as Minho nodded his head and gave some instructions to another officer.

They had to wait for a while for the officer to look through the cameras as Sooyoung turned to look at Sunny who was seated at the couch along with Jessica and Seohyun.

All of them were currently at the police station as Yuri had called the other girls to meet them there. While Sooyoung explained to Minho about the current situation, Yuri and Hyoyeon were given the task to explain everything to Sunny, Jessica, Yoona and Seohyun. Tiffany was almost in tears again as she listened to whatever that they had found out so far.

"Sir, I think you should see this."

One of the officers called out to Minho as the rest of them crowded around him. The officer then replayed the video which had a clear view of the bench since the camera was facing it. In the scene, Taeyeon was seen looking out straight with a frown appearing occasionally on her face. She seemed nervous as she kept biting her finger and looking at her watch. The time shown on the screen was 2.25pm.

"It took us about 15mins to reach the carpark from the cafe. That means Taeyeon left about 10mins after Tiffany exited her car." Yuri commented as Sooyoung and Hyoyeon nodded their heads.

Exactly when the time turned to 2.30pm on the camera screen, they saw the two men walking from a distance towards the bench. They had a very stern look as they kept looking around the area. One of them took out something from his pocket and after the other guy nodded his head, the man stood behind Taeyeon and covered with a white handkerchief that was in his hands.

Gasps were heard among the girls as they watched how Taeyeon's eyes widened in shock and her hands continously beating the big arm that was still covering almost half of her face. Soon, her hands movement stopped and her head dropped loosely while her eyes closed as the guy walked to the side and lifted her up. They already knew what happened next.

No one said anything as the police officer paused the video with instructions given by Minho.

"Excuse me, officer. Can you rewind back to around 2.20pm? Before Taeng-unnie sat at the bench." Yoona suddenly requested as the officer nodded her head.

By now, everyone was following Yoona's gaze at the screen as they saw Taeyeon walking form the direction of the carpark. It seems that Taeyeon was busy typing in her phone before she sat at the bench.

"Stop." Yoona suddenly said. "Rewind it back about 2minutes and play it at a slower rate. I think I saw something."

"Did Taeng just dropped her phone before sitting down? Was it accidentally or done purposely? " Sooyoung said out loud as everyone's eyes indicated that they saw the same thing after the officer followed Yoona's instructions.

"She was typing something on her phone. Did anyone receive any message from Taeng during that timing?" Everyone shook their heads at Yuri's question.

"Fany-unnie, do you know the password for Taeng-unnie's phone?" Yoona turned to Tiffany who had a little frown on her face as Hyoyeon handed Taeyeon's phone to Tiffany.

"If it's still the same as before, then I would know. Unless she changed it." Tiffany replied as everyone urged her to try. Taking the phone, she typed in the password and with only one try, she unlocked it. "She's still using the old password. Our birthdates."

Tiffany handed the phone to Sooyoung who then started looking through it before her fingers stopped and her eyes widened. "Oh my god." As Sooyoung turned the phone around to let everyone see what she saw, gasping sounds were heard again. Right on the screen under the Notes section was a message from Taeyeon.

'The one who sent the message to Tiffany might not be Nicky. It could be Sunmi.'

At the moment, everyone was looking lost while Sooyoung turned to her cousin, Minho to explain who Sunmi was. The girls walked back to the couch, some with a dazed look and some with frowns.

"Taeng-unnie dropped her phone on purpose. She wanted the phone to be found. I noticed throughout the video earlier, besides looking at her watch, Taeng-unnie was glancing up to the camera which means she knows about it." Yoona tapped her fingers on her chin as she tried to analyse the situation.

"But why is Nicky's phone in Sunmi's hands? Are they in this together?" Tiffany questioned.

"Sir, we managed to track down the black car to a house in Anyang." The officer, Taemin, returned with a piece of paper. "The car belongs to a Ms Lee Sunmi."

The officer handed the paper to Minho who looked through it with Sooyoung by his side. "Kibum, get me the cctv for the carpark at the airport around two weeks ago on this date."

Minho showed his officer, who had been handling the cctv footage, something on the paper while the girls just observed. Sensing that they were waiting for an explanation, Sooyoung turned to face them.

"The paper that Taemin passed to Minho is the GPS record of the black car movement. It seems that Sunmi or whoever was driving the car, had been to Taeyeon's apartment before and two weeks ago, the car had entered Incheon Airport Carpark." Sooyoung explained as their attentions were diverted to Kibum who had managed to find the cctv footage as requested by Minho.

************************

"Sunmi-ah, why don't you just let him go?" Taeyeon was still trying her best to help Nicky out.

Sunmi smirked at her and started to Taeyeon's cheek. A loud wailing was hurt as Nicky spitted out more blood. Taeyeon closed her eyes but she couldn't closed her ears since her hands were still tied to the back.

"Is his shouting too loud for you, Taeyeonie?" Sunmi placed her lips nearer to Taeyeon's ears as Taeyeon tried to pulled her head away. "Don't worry. This room is soundproof. I made it so before I brought him here."

She laughed hysterically as Taeyeon took a deep breathe. Sunmi had took a chair and sat down beside her about 30mins ago. Taeyeon watched in horror as the two big-sized men grabbed Nicky up from the chair and made him stand. Nicky's hands were then locked upwards to the chain that had been dangling from the ceiling. Once he was secured, the two men took turns to beat him up.

"He was planning to beat you up like that. With his two friends. But now, he's getting it instead. Don't you think it's fun?" Sunmi asked as Taeyeon started to clench her teeth.

"It's not fun, Sunmi. Just let him go." Taeyeon's voice was louder than before as she glared at Sunmi. Her actions caused Sunmi to stand up suddenly and kicked her chair away as the two men stopped what they were doing.

"Both of you. Out of the room." Sunmi instructed as they nodded their heads and walked out. "What is fun for you then, Taeyeonie?"

Taeyeon gulped down her saliva when Sunmi suddenly turned to face her with a loop-sided smile on her face. Sunmi walked towards Nicky and grabbed his chin, making him looked at her straight.

"You wanted to hurt her, right?" Sunmi asked as Nicky shook his head. "Liar. You lie too much, Nicky. Are you sure you haven't slept with Tiffany before? Because from the info that I had gathered about you, you're the type who sleeps around. You're a bad person who doesn't deserve to live."

"Sunmi, just stop it. Nicky is not a bad person and Tiffany is not the kind of girl to sleep around." Taeyeon said softly, afraid that Sunmi would go crazy again.

"Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany.... Is that all you can think about?" Sunmi walked towards Taeyeon with a murderous glare. "She's not an angel."

"She's my angel." Taeyeon became defensive as she received a tight slap from Sunmi before she was punched on her left waist.

"I'm suppose to be your angel. What is so good about her? She's a ." Sunmi glared at me as I the blood that was on my lips.

"At least she didn't try to me when I was unconscious." Taeyeon replied with gritted teeth as she saw the stun look in Sunmi's face.

A minute later the door was slammed shut as silence filled the air. Taeyeon looked down as tears flow down her cheek when she was reminded of what happened that night.

(Flashbacks)

"Sunmi, why is there white powdery stuff in my drink?" Taeyeon asked as she put aside her phone after texting Sooyoung. She kept blinking her eyes as her head started to spin a little and her vision became blurry.

"Powdery stuff?" Sunmi had a blank look in her face before she started to smirk. "It's my special ingredient for you, Taeyeonie."

Taeyeon watched as Sunmi stood up and walked towards her. She asked Taeyeon if she was okay and Taeyeon just nodded her head,

"Don't lie. I think you're having a bad headache. Should I give you a light massage, Taeyeonie?" Sunmi ask as she dragged her fingers slowly along Taeyeon's forearm.

The pain was getting unbearable and Taeyeon was finding it more difficult to stay awake so all she could do was just to nod her head. Sunmi started to massage her head but the pain was still there. Sunmi leaned closer to her ears and whispered to her to lie down at the couch. Once again, Taeyeon just nodded her head.

The moment Taeyeon was totally flat on her couch, Sunmi straddled her. Taeyeon felt the extra weight on her and opened her eyes wider.

"Sunmi, what are you doing?" Taeyeon asked as she tried to stop the girl from ing her shirt.

"I'm trying to make you feel better, Taeyeonie." Sunmi smirked as she struggled against Taeyeon's hands. She realised that even though Taeyeon was already drugged, the girl below her was still strong enough to resist.

"Stop calling me Taeyeonie. I'm your boss." Taeyeon frowned as she slowly realised something. "You put drugs into my coffee, didn't you?"

"I've waited too long for you to open your heart, Taeyeonie. I'm going to make you mine, whether you like it or not." Sunmi was getting frustrated as she ripped open Taeyeon's shirt.

"Yah!!" Taeyeon tried to sit up but Sunmi pushed her down, causing Taeyeon to hit her head against the arm rest and was knocked out.

Sunmi smiled evilly when she saw her fainted boss. Climbing down from her, Sunmi made her way to the door while ing her own blouse and switching off the lights causing the room to be dark. The only light around was from the windows of Taeyeon's office which had a beautiful night view of Seoul. Sunmi straddled Taeyeon again and removed her own blouse. She was about to lean in to kiss Taeyeon when the ringing sound of Taeyeon's phone stopped her.

"No one's going to disturb us tonight, Taeyeonie." Sunmi smiled again as her fingers started to Taeyeon's pants and pulled down the zipper.

(Present time)

"Hey Taeyeon. Are you okay?" Nicky's voice distracted Taeyeon's train of thoughts as she remained silent. "Is it true? That she tried to you before?"

Taeyeon sniffed and nodded her head as Nicky apologised for asking about it.

"It's okay. It's something that I need to live with anyway." Taeyeon replied as she sighed. "It's a nightmare to be reminded of it though. The memory of someone that you've been working closely with for the past few months, trying to force herself on you. Imagine being splashed with water and waking up in front of your friends with a torn shirt and an pants. Even though they had covered you with a blanket, you still worry about what had happened after you were knocked out and you found out about it through the recorded footage from the cctv."

"I'm sorry for asking about it." Nicky sounded really sincere with his voice.

Silence filled the room as both of them were lost in their own thoughts. Taeyeon looked up and saw lifeless Nicky.

"Hey, Nicky. How come nobody knows that you've been missing for 2 weeks?" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm always on the move, Taeyeon. My family business requires me to travel a lot even though I'm taking care of the branch in Seoul." Nicky saw the frown on Taeyeon's face as he sighed. "You must be thinking that 2 weeks are more than enough to actually realise that I'm missing. No one cares much, I guess."

"Don't you inform your secretary about your movements?" Taeyeon asked as she saw the hesitance in Nicky's expression. "Let me guess. You don't have a secretary?"

"It's not that I don't. I... I.. fool around with my secretaries." Nicky replied. "They will stay on the job for about 3-4 months until they resigned themselves or until I get tired of them. When I was kidnapped at the airport, I had just fired my secretary a few days before."

"Fool around as in?" Taeyeon was staring blankly at Nicky.

"Like what Sunmi said earlier. Sleeping around, flirting around." Nicky sighed again. "Maybe that's why Tiffany doesn't fall..."

"Ssshhhh..." Taeyeon suddenly looked up towards Nicky and intercepted his sentence. "Did you hear that?"

Nicky kept quiet and strained his ears, trying to listen to what Taeyeon had heard. It wasn't that clear but both of them were familiar with the sound even from miles away.

"Police!!" Both of them said at the same time as the door swung opened.

"Grab them both and bring them to the back door. Hurry up."

Sunmi was giving instructions to both her bodyguards but they were having some trouble at the moment. Since there were only two of them, one of them had to hold on to Taeyeon while the other had grabbed hold on Nicky. Even though both Nicky and Taeyeon were currently quite weak, they had struggled against the bodyguards, making things difficult and slower to move them out.

"If both of you want to live longer, you better cooperate with us. Unless you want this bullet to go through your head." Sunmi said as Nicky's and Taeyeon's attentions were diverted to the gun in her hand.

Things moved on faster after that as Nicky and Taeyeon were dragged out from the soundproof room. Taeyeon saw that they were in a big house and from a distance, she could see the familiar blue and red light flashing at the front gate through the glass windows. The room that they were held in was right at the back and was nearer to the back door as sounds of loud banging was heard from the front door.

"This is the police. Open the door. If not, we're going to barge in." A loud manly voice was heard as Sunmi started to panic and kept pushing them to walk faster.

One of the bodyguards opened the back door but he quickly closed it back.

"Madam, the police have surrounded the back too." He said nervously.

"Damn it. Move them to the rooftop." Sunmi instructed with her gun pointing towards the front door as the banging became louder. Taeyeon and Nicky were pushed up the stairs and were about to step out to the rooftop when they heard a gun shot. It seemed that the police officers had managed to kick the door open and Sunmi had fired her gun aimlessly towards them. Luckily, the police officers managed to dodge in time as Sunmi climbed the stairs quickly.

Minho's POV 

"Sir, we have a problem. It seems that one of the kidnapper is armed and had open fire at our officers. But luckily they managed to dodge it. One of them reported that he saw the kidnapppers moving up to the rooftop. The one that had pulled the trigger was a lady that fits the description of Ms Lee Sunmi, which you had shown us earlier in the conference room. Our officers who are on stand by at the back of the house had also reaffirmed that the victims are with them. A lady and a man that fits the description of Ms Kim Taeyeon and Mr Nicky, based on the clothes that they were last seen in. "

The frown on my forehead deepened as I turned to look at my cousin, Sooyoung who was standing beside me. She was also looking nervous as I sighed. "Inform our man to be extra careful since our target has a gun with her. We're not sure if her accomplices are armed too but stay alert. Officers are to monitor the rooftop for any movement by the suspects and to stay in their positions until further notice. There's lights on the rooftop so it's easier for us to keep watch."

My officer nodded his head and started talking into his walkie talkie as I turned behind and gestured to Sooyoung to follow me. We walked towards two civilians car where the rest of the girls were waiting for us. Sooyoung had hitched a ride with me in the police car while Hyoyeon drove her car with Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun. The other car was driven by Sunny with Yuri and Jessica inside.

"Where's Taeyeon? We heard a gunshot earlier. Is everything okay?" 

Tiffany was bombarding me with questions when we reached them. I told them about the current situation as Tiffany started to cry with Jessica and Sunny trying to calm her down. Things were getting more complicated since we realised that we not only have Taeyeon to save but also Nicky.

(Flashbacks a few hours ago)

"Kibum, can you rewind it up to the part before that guy was hit on his head and slow down the footage?"

The officer nodded his head as he followed my instruction. I told him to pause and enlarge the screen at a certain timing, asking him to make the screen clearer. Once it was done, I turned behind to look at the girls.

"Do any of you recognise this guy?" I asked as I saw Tiffany nodding her head instantly. "I assume that this is Nicky."

Once again, Tiffany nodded her head as her eyes started to become watery again. We watched the footage replaying again at a slower rate as we saw how Nicky was hit on the head with a baseball bat by one of the two men whom we had seen in the earlier footage involving Taeyeon. We saw how the two men carried Nicky into the same black car that was parked at an isolated corner before driving off.

"I guess Taeng knew that Nicky was not the culprit. Maybe Sunmi is doing all this because she had heard Nicky saying that he wanted to hurt Taeng." Sooyoung was trying to piece things together.

"She knew that Nicky was in danger when Sunmi used his phone to message you. There's something weird about this Sunmi." Yuri frowned.

"We don't have time to speculate anymore. We're still not sure if these two men are really working for Ms Lee Sunmi. For now, we need to find a way to track down these two missing people." I said as I called my officers to the conference room and gestured to the girls to follow me, as my brain started to come up with plans for this operation.

(Present time)

I looked at my watch and sighed. It's already 11pm at the moment, which means that it's been almost 8hrs since Taeyeon was last seen. My team and I had actually arrived about an hour ago to comb the area and be on standby in our designated positions. Since it was already dark, we had to ensure that everything was properly taken care of.

But I didn't expect the suspect to be armed. Luckily for us, the house was situated in an abandoned area with the next available house about 10km away. Just in case there's any shooting exchange, at least we didn't have to worry about other innocent people.