Hanging Out

Goodbye, Hello

The girls were getting ready after having their breakfast in the hotel room. Well, except for Tiffany who was still lying down on the bed.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" Nicole, who was seated in front of the dressing table, asked her.

"I'm still feeling a little jetlag." Tiffany replied without looking at Nicole.

"Jetlag? From Tokyo to Seoul? Seriously, jetlag?" Bora asked teasingly while walking out from the bathroom after changing her clothes. "Try to find a better excuse, my friend. Both of us know that you're just trying to avoid Taeyeon-unnie."

"Actually, I find her cute though. Even though she looked a little serious and not really the smiley type but I agree with Bora that she's quite charming." Nicole said to which Bora gave her a thumbs up. "Well, if you're not interested, no one is forcing you. Bora and her looks cute together though."

"Mwo? Cute together?" Tiffany suddenly sat up straight and frowned. "You've just met her which is why you find her charming. You don't know how she really is. Her jealousy will drive you crazy."

Bora and Nicole watched as Tiffany walked to her luggage, pulled up some clothings and walked to the bathroom. The moment the door closed, the two girls giggled at each other.

"It's obvious she's the one who is feeling jealous right now. I can see that she still have feelings for Taeyeon-unnie." Nicole whispered softly to Bora.

"I agree. She just didn't want to admit it. But if she's really not interested, maybe I can stand a chance." Bora giggled again as Nicole just rolled her eyes at her.

An hour later, the 3 girls were waiting at the lobby as Bora kept looking at her phone. Taeyeon was supposed to meet them there about 10mins ago but there was no sign of her yet.

"Are you sure you had informed her correctly yesterday?" Nicole asked. "We've been waiting for 10mins already."

"I did told her to meet us at 11am at the hotel lobby." Bora replied as she looked at her phone again.

"Maybe she's caught up in the traffic." Tiffany said and was about to continue talking when she heard someone calling her name.

"Fany-unnie!!!!!"

As the 3 girls turned around, they saw a blonde girl waving her hands excitedly while running towards them.

"Hyoyeon?" Tiffany said as the young girl engulfed her into a hug.

"I can't believe it's really you. When Taeng-unnie told me that she had met you last night, I thought she was lying to me. Daebak.. You're really here." Hyoyeon was talking so fast that only Tiffany was able to catch her words while Nicole and Bora had a confused look.

(Flashback last night)

"Hyo!!!" Taeyeon ran as fast as she could towards her sister who was waiting at their garage door before jumping on her.

"Yah, Unnie!! Are you crazy?" Lucky for both of them, Hyoyeon was strong enough to carry her sister who was now hugging her like a koala bear. "You could have caused injuries to both of us."

Taeyeon then jumped off and pouted like a kid who was scolded by her mum. "Always nagging at me. Forget it then. I'm not going to tell you the miracle that happened just now."

"Are you sure you don't want to tell me? You came back home instead of going back to your apartment. If it was something that you dodn't want to share with me, you won't have taken the trouble to travel all the way here." Hyoyeon smirked as she saw her sister meronged at her.

"I met Tiffany earlier." Taeyeon said as Hyoyeon just looked at her blankly. "Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. Hwang Miyoung."

Taeyeon chuckled as she saw Hyoyeon's eyes widened as the news slowly dawned on her.

"MWO??!!!"

(Present time)

"Bora, Nicole. Let me introduce you to Taeyeon's younger sister." Tiffany pointed to Hyoyeon who quickly bowed a little,

"Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Hyoyeon imnida." Hyoyeon grinned as Bora and Nicole smiled back at her. "By the way, Unnie would like to apologise for not being here. She had actually overslept. So I'm here to replace her."

"Ooouuhhh... okay." Tiffany subconsciously answered in a sad tone, causing the other 3 girls to look at her.

"Are you disappointed that she's not here?" Bora asked with a poker face as Tiffany quickly shook her head vigorously.

"Don't worry, Fany-unnie. Taeng-unnie will meet us up later. So, shall we make a move first?" Hyoyeon asked as the 3 of them nodded their heads.

Hyoyeon drove them around as they passed by a few historical landmarks including the university that Tiffany had studied in. Tiffany was excited to see it again and talked about her experience while studying there. This time round, Tiffany was seated at the passenger seat while Bora and Nicole sat at the back.

"It was really a sad day during the graduation ceremony when everyone said their goodbyes. Because we knew that we might not be able to see some of them anymore." Tiffany ended her story as she looked out of the window. "Speaking of which, Bora told me that Taeyeon left for Seoul a week before her graduation in Japan. That means she should have arrived in Seoul 2 days before my graduation. By any chance, do you know what happened to her?"

Hyoyeon's eyes widened in surprise as she didn't expect Tiffany to ask her about it. Glancing towards her right side, she saw that Tiffany was staring at her as she kept blinking her eyes.

"She.. she.. What.. what do you mean.. wh.. what happened?" Hyoyeon tried to maintain a poker face but Tiffany knew her well, especially when the younger girl was stammering away.

"What are you hiding from me, Hyo?" Tiffany asked again as Hyoyeon had to stop at a red-light.

Just as Hyoyeon was about to answer, her phone rang as she quickly answered it. "Unnie, where are you?... We're making our way to Lotte World.. Arraseo, arraseo... we'll see you there." Ending the conversation, Hyoyeon turned to face Tiffany. "Maybe you should ask her yourself, Fany-unnie. For now, we need to move on." Hyoyeon said as she pointed to the traffic light which had turned to green.

************************

"I'm so sorry." Taeyeon bowed a little to the girls as she entered the cafe where they were waiting for her.

"It's okay, Taeng-unnie. They understood that you had overslept." Hyoyeon said with a poker face as Taeyeon glared at her.

"Yah!!!" Taeyeon pointed at her sister who then burst out into laughter. "You're the one who switched off my alarm."

Taeyeon pretended to strangle her sister while Bora and Nicole laughed at the dorky siblings. Tiffany just smiled a little as she sipped her drink.

"I.. didn't.. have the... heart.. to wake you.. up." Hyoyeon said while being strangled until Taeyeon released her hands. "You were sleeping peacefully like a baby. It's the first time that I saw you sleeping without having a frown on your...."

Hyoyeon couldn't finish her sentence as Taeyeon covered and glared at her again. Taking a seat in between Hyoyeon and Tiffany, she grabbed Hyoyeon's drink and took a sip.

"I just realised that Taeyeon and Tiffany are wearing similar looking style of clothings. Their headwear and their black-themed clothings matches each other even their Chanel handbags. Just like a couple." Nicole pointed out, making Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at each other before they looked away awkwardly.

(TaeNy's attire)

6e3dc62ba024032693a53f38ef843508.jpgbe87cd20902b7196276c18e90cb66acd.jpg

"Taeyeon-unnie looks really cool in that outfit. Makes me feel like calling you Taeyeon-oppa instead." Bora complimented and giggled as Taeyeon just shook her head. "By the way, what song were you listening too?"

"Just some random songs." Taeyeon answered as she noticed that Tiffany had been quiet since she arrived and seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. "Hi."

Tiffany was surprised when Taeyeon suddenly waved her hand in front of her face as she automatically greeted back. "Hi!!" Tiffany accidentally answered with her loud voice, causing the rest of the girls to laugh at her. "I'm so sorry. I need to go to the Ladies for a while. Hyo, will you accompany me please?"

Even though it sounded like a request, the look in Tiffany's eyes was as if she was ordering Hyoyeon to follow her. The younger girl quickly nodded her head and stood up as she followed Tiffany from the back.

The moment Hyoyeon entered the Ladies, Tiffany was already leaning against the sink with her arms folded and glaring eyes. Hyoyeon grinned nervously at her as she scratched the back of her head even though it was not itchy.

"Anything that you want to tell me, Hyo?" Tiffany asked as Hyoyeon kept fidgeting and avoiding eye contact with her. Tiffany sighed and her glaring eyes turned softer. "I know you would want me to ask Taeyeon personally but do you think she will tell me? I just need to know what is going on so that when I really ask her, I know that she's not hiding anything from me."

"Taeng-unnie has changed. I believe that she will tell you everything if you ask her." Hyoyeon replied as she nodded her head confidently but seeing how Tiffany kept shaking her head, Hyoyeon took a deep breathe. "What do you want to know, Fany-unnie?"

"What were you trying to say earlier before Taeyeon covered your mouth?" Tiffany asked.

"Oohhh.. I was just teasing Taeng-unnie about her sleeping habits." Hyoyeon giggled. "Ever since she came back from Japan, she's got a sleeping problem. Always having a frown on her face while sleeping and not getting proper rest. But last night was the first time that I had seen her sleeping so peacefully. Just like how she used too."

Tiffany was surprised to find out about it. She didn't expect Taeyeon to have a sleeping problem. As far as she could remember, Taeyeon never had such a problem. That girl could even fell asleep while being cramped up in a closet. "Sleeping with a frown? Sleeping problem? Is that why she always spend a lot of time at work?"

Hyoyeon just shrugged her shoulders while Tiffany sighed.

"What about the question I asked you in the car earlier? About her missing after leaving Japan 2 days before my graduation? How come she didn't return to Seoul?" Tiffany asked again as Hyoyeon showed signs of hesitationto answer.

Just when Hyoyeon was about to open , they heard some noise coming from the washroom entrance.

"Are you girls done yet? It's been almost 20mins already." Nicole appeared as Hyoyeon and Tiffany pretended to wash their hands to avoid any suspicion.

Exiting the washroom with Nicole tagging along, they walked back to the table where Tiffany saw that Bora was obviously trying to flirt with Taeyeon. The funny part was that Taeyeon didn't seem to reciprocate her actions and was just staring blankly at her drink in front of her.

"Shall we make a move now?" Hyoyeon asked as Taeyeon stood up eagerly.

"Let's go and play some games." Taeyeon grinned at Hyoyeon dorkily as both siblings placed an arm over each other's shoulders and skipped away.

************************

The next 4 hours were spent wandering around Lotte World with the girls trying on different rides and playing lots of games at the booth. Tiffany was still feeling a little awkward and would stick closely to Hyoyeon but she had to admit that she felt a little jealous, seeing how Bora and Nicole were 'fangirling' over Taeyeon.

"Are your friends always that hyper and energetic, Unnie?" Hyoyeon asked as they sat down at a bench while watching Bora and Nicole, dragging Taeyeon to the viking ride.

"They're almost similar to me. Don't you think so?" Tiffany asked as she smiled, showing her eye-smile at Hyoyeon.

"Aigoo, Fany-unnie. You don't know how much I've missed seeing your eye-smile." Hyoyeon smiled widely at her. "But why do your friends seem so clingy with my Unnie? It's like they're practically trying to fight for her attention."

"They told me that they find her charming. Bora actually has a little crush on your Unnie since meeting her in Tokyo University." Tiffany answered nonchalantly, trying to hold in her temper in front of Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon giggled at Tiffany's remarks. She knew Tiffany quite well and seeing how Tiffany was gritting her teeth while explaining, Hyoyeon knew that the older girl was controlling herself. "I've always known that my unnie is a charmer. Especially when she's in a good mood. Her cuteness and dorkiness will come out naturally even without her realising it. Maybe that's what makes her charming."

"You're quite a charmer yourself." Tiffany replied, trying to divert the attention away from Taeyeon. "So have you found someone special yet?"

"Omo.. Are you hitting on me, Fany-unnie?" Hyoyeon teasingly replied with a straight face, causing Tiffany to shove her shoulders as the younger girl laughed. "I'm still single. I haven't really thought about getting into a relationship yet. Maybe the right one has not appeared."

"The right one, huh?" Tiffany subconsciously turned to look at the viking ride and her action was caught by Hyoyeon.

"Your heart seems to know where your right one is. Judging from your automated body reaction when you said out the last sentence."

"I... I... I'm not sure what you're talking about." Tiffany avoided Hyoyeon's eyes as the young girl laughed at her.

"My unnie's feeling for you has never change." Hyoyeon sudden remark caused Tiffany to look at her directly. "I just want you to know that."

Tiffany didn't know how to react as her eyes wandered to the exit of the viking ride where she saw Bora, Nicole and Taeyeon walking out from there. "I think they're done. The ride must have been quite scary. Taeyeon looked paler than before."

"Mwo?" Hyoyeon quickly looked to the direction of her sister who seems to be holding on to the left side of her stomach. "Oh no. This doesn't look good."

Hyoyeon abruptly stood up and ran towards her sister as Tiffany had a confused look on her face. She continued watching the Kim siblings until Bora and Nicole joined her at the bench as Hyoyeon and Taeyeon went off towards the Ladies.

"Is Taeyeon okay?" Tiffany immediately asked, a frown forming on her face.

"I'm not sure. But she seemed to be holding on to the left side of her stomach near the end of the ride." Bora explained.

"I'll go and check on them." Tiffany said and was about to walk to the Ladies when the Kim siblings walked out, with Taeyeon looking much better than earlier. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes." Taeyeon quickly answered as she placed her hand on her sister's shoulders. "Everything is okay. So, what's the next plan?"

Tiffany eyed Hyoyeon, who seemed to look a little worried. "Maybe we can go and grab some dinner before we head back to the hotel."

Bora and Nicole, who had walked up to them, agreed to Tiffany's suggestion as the 3 girls walked ahead of the Kim siblings.

(Flashbacks a few minutes ago)

"Unnie, are you okay?" Hyoyeon wrapped her hand on Taeyeon's shoulders and tried to support her sister who seemed to be unable to stand up straight at the moment.

"I think so but there's a slight discomfort on my left ribcage. It must have been the safety bar on the viking ride, pressing on my ribs throughout the ride." Taeyeon replied.

"Is it because of the surgery?" Hyoyeon frowned as Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. "Let's go to the Ladies to check on it."

Luckily no one was inside as Taeyeon rolled up her t-shirt slowly. There was an obvious bruised mark just above her scar as Hyoyeon softly poked on it.

"Yah!! That hurts." Taeyeon knocked her sister's head with her knuckles. "Pabo, choding."

"Mianhae, Unnie. But I think you should go and see a doctor to check it out, just to ensure that everything is okay." Hyoyeon said as Taeyeon pulled down her t-shirt.

"Gwenchana. I'll just apply some cream over it. It's just a slight bruise." Taeyeon replied as she went to the wash basin. "Omo, omo.. Why do I looked so pale?"

Hyoyeon watched as her sister quickly washed her face. "But Unnie, that bruise is near to your scar. The place where you had the surgery. It's best to check on it just to ensure that your ribcage is not affected."

"My injury was years ago, Hyo. It should have healed by now." Taeyeon replied as Hyoyeon shook her head at her sister's stubbornness.

(At the carpark)

"Can you still drive, Unnie?" Hyoyeon whispered softly as she was afraid that Tiffany might hear her question. "Maybe you could just take my car. It can still fit in another person."

"And leave my car here? No way." Taeyeon pouted. "The pain is almost gone. I should be able to drive slowly to our next destination."

"Drive slowly? In that car of yours? People will start horning and cursing at you on the road." Hyoyeon rebutted. "I think I've got a better idea."

Hyoyeon smirked at her sister as the girls walked towards Hyoyeon's car. They were curious when they saw Bora and Nicole standing in front of a Porsche Boxter that was parked beside it, checking it out.

1172434584deb2719ae5c3c2a1090ebax.jpg

"Wow. This is such a cool car. I wonder if the owner is as good-looking as the car." Nicole said with a giggle.

"Imagine going on a date with your boyfriend, roaming around the city with the hood down and enjoying the night breeze. That will be so romantic." It was Bora's turn to daydream.

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon shook their heads as they listened to the two girls fantasizing about riding the car. Tiffany on the other hand was just leaning against Hyoyeon's white land rover.

64b53f67gw1eereu9otayj21kw16o4is.jpg

"Fany-unnie, do you have a driver's license?" Hyoyeon askes as Tiffany nodded her head. "That's good. I need a favour from you. Could you drive Taeng-unnie in  her car to the place where we will be having our dinner. Unnie's not feeling that well so I would rather that she doesn't drive at the moment."

Hyoyeon smiled while Taeyeon was surprised with her suggestion. Blinking her eyes rapidly, Taeyeon's eyes shifted between Hyoyeon and Tiffany.

Tiffany was caught offguard with Hyoyeon's suggestion. On one hand, she still feels awkward around Taeyeon but one the other hand, she didn't want Bora or Nicole to replace her in driving Taeyeon around.

"Sure. I can help you with that." Tiffany replied with a smile before turning to face Taeyeon. "So where's your car?"

Taeyeon looked at her with doubtful eyes before putting her hand in her jean's pocket to retrieve her car keys. Pressing the button, the rest of the girls except for Hyoyeon were surprised that the sound was coming from the Porsche Boxter in front of them.