SooSun

Goodbye, Hello

"How long more does she want to keep avoiding everyone else?" Sunny rubbed her wet hair with a towel.

Sooyoung's eyes were fixed on the TV while her hand was busy reaching out for some chips in a bowl that was placed on her lap. "She's well-known for being stubborn though."

"Choi Sooyoung, how many times do I need to remind you not to eat on the bed?" Sunny nagged at her fiancee who quickly nodded her head and removed the bowl of chips from her lap to place it on the bedside table.

"Mianhae, Bunny. It's just a habit of mine. You should try to get yourself used to my habits." Sooyoung grinned dorkily.

"It's for hygenie purpose, Youngie. Anyway, back to our friend. You said you had found her at the rooftop earlier, right? Was she okay? Did she tell you anything?" Sunny hung her towel before sitting down in front of the dressing table to comb her hair.

"She didn't say anything. As usual. But I knew she was crying before I walked in. Knowing her for 12yrs, I didn't have to look directly at her eyes to know about that." Sooyoung leaned against the headrest after switching off the TV.

"Sometimes, I regret offering her the job. Not because she's incapable but I feel that she isolates herself more after working with me. She moved out of Uncle Kim house, stayed all by herself in her own apartment and submerged herself into work." Sunny sighed.

"It's not your fault, Bunny. It's Taengoo herself. She chose to be like that." Sooyoung looked up the ceiling. "Honestly, I miss my Taengoo. I miss how caring she was towards people around her and how easy-going she was."

"All of us miss the old Taengoo, Youngie. I can't believe she can change so much over the years." Sunny sighed as she walked towards the bed to sit beside Sooyoung. "What I really don't understand is, she was the one who asked for the break-up and also the one who left us for Japan to do her final year there. If she knew she couldn't forget about Fany and will be miserable without her, why did she go to the extent of doing all those?" Sunny said, causing Sooyoung to sigh.

"I think I knew why she left for Japan. Do you remember how it was after their break-up? Between Yul and Sica. You and me. The 4 of us kept having arguments with each other, trying to defend either of them. Yul and me on Taengoo's side while you and Sica were always on Fany's side.Taengoo knew about that. She also noticed that Fany had been avoiding you and Sica ever since they broke up. Fany no longet hangs around with us just like Taengoo but she didn't want Fany to be alone. Which was why I guess she agreed to take up the 1yr advanced degree in music studies in Japan University when her lecturer offered her the option. Taengoo thinks that if she's not around, Fany would not feel so awkward to hang out with us again. Furthermore, I think the rumors about Fany dating that guy must have hurt Taengoo a lot, which made her more determined to leave." Sooyoung continued staring at the ceiling.

"I know Taeyeon loves Fany a lot and I know Taeyeon left us with a heavy heart. She even asked me to look after Fany when we sent her off at the airport. But why did she have to leave without telling Fany? Do you know how upset Fany was about it? She thought Taeyeon hated her. Even though she was angry with Taeyeon for breaking up with her, she realises that she was partly to be blame for it." Sunny said.

"When Taengoo told me that they broke up because she couldn't handle the relationship anymore due to her studies, I didn't really believe her. I mean I knew she's busy since she's taking a dual degree in music studies and financial management but if you notice, both of them had already started to drift apart at the beginning of our 3rd year. By the time she asked for the break-up, Taengoo was almost done with her financial management classes. Which means, she'll be quite free after that so it couldn't have been about studies." Sooyoung suddenly sat up as she frowned.

"Taeyeon always confide in you and you're the closest to her compared to the rest of us. She didn't tell you the real reason for their break-up?" Sunny asked.

Sooyoung shook her head but she paused when she suddenly remembered something. "I only remembered that she mumbled something about Fany's own good."

Before Sunny could asked further, Sooyoung's phone beeped as she grabbed her phone on the bedside to read the message.

From Yuri:

Sorry to disturb your sleep. Just wanted to inform you that Yoong called us earlier and said that she met Tiffany in Japan. I told her that we'll talk about it again tomorrow since Sica seems to be affected by the news.

"Mwo?" Sooyoung's reaction attracted Sunny who quickly grabbed her phone and had the same reaction when she was done.

"Oh my god. This is so unexpected." Sunny said with watery eyes. "Gosh, just hearing her name make me miss her so much. Poor Sica."

"Fany is in Japan? I thought she went back to the States after graduation?" Sooyoung sighed. "By the way, since we're already on the topic, did Fany told you or Sica the reason for their break-up?"

"I didn't even know that they broke up until you told me, Youngie. I was actually afraid to ask Fany directly as she seems to be quite distraughted so I went to ask Sica instead." Sunny replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Flashbacks)

Sunny's POV

"Sica, did you know that Fany and Taeyeon had broken up?" I asked as Jessica nodded her head.

"I only knew about it last night when Yul told me. It seems that they've broken up a week ago though." Jessica replied as I had a surprised look on my face. "Soo didn't tell you about it?"

"That was what Soo told me too, this morning. Taeyeon informed Yul and Soo last night and they even got into an argument because of it." I said and it was Jessica's turn to look shocked.

"They quarrelled? Yul didn't tell me about that though. What happened?" Jessica had a concerned look as I told her that Yuri and Sooyoung were teasing Taeyeon about Tiffany becoming more well-known recently around the campus.

"Soo told me that Taeyeon burst into anger and told them that she's not interested to know anything about Fany as they had broken up a week ago."

"Taeyeon said that?" Jessica couldn't believe it since Taeyeon has always been caring towards Tiffany.

"Soo said that Taeyeon must have said it when she was angry and didn't actually meant what she said. Anyway, Yul and Soo were so surprised about the news that they started questioning Taeyeon about it but they ended up quarrelling further as Taeyeon became more temperamental and even walked away from them, slamming her bedroom door in their faces." I explained further.

"Wow, I didn't know Taeyeon would be so worked up about it. I've never actually seen the violent side of her before." Jessica said.

Sooyoung's POV

"Yul, do you really think Fany is dating that guy?" I asked Yuri as I took a sip of my drink. Both of us were currently at a cafe near to our campus.

"I'm not sure, Soo. But if you observe properly, Fany seem to act non-chalant to that guy. From my point of view, since we knew Fany from high school, it looks like Fany treats him just like any other guy." Yuri voiced out her opinion.

"I can't believe that Taengoo could get so worked out everytime we mentioned about Fany. It's been already 2 months since they broke up. Do you think she's really hurt because of the rumors?" I asked as Yuri shrugged her shoulders.

"But then, they broke up even before the rumors started, remember?" Yuri said as I nodded my head. "Seriously, how can they even broke up? Taengoo loves Fany so much. She will even sacrifice her life for that girl."

"Come to think of it, was Fany close to that Nicky before they broke up?" I asked as I tried to remember since when did that guy appeared in Fany's life.

"I think he was already close to her since early this year but the problem is, he is still keeping in touch with Fany even though he had already graduated a few months ago. Lately, students have seen him around the campus, waiting for Fany at the school carpark." Yuri's answer ended our conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Present)

"Sica did told me before, that Fany had accidentally mentioned about Taeyeon's insecurities." Sunny told Sooyoung who was surprised to hear about it.

"Accidentally? You mean Fany didn't actually want Sica to know?" Sooyoung asked as Sunny nodded her head.

"Sica wanted to ask and confirm about the rumors of Fany dating with Nicky but Fany firmly said that they're just friends. She said Fany was in her own thoughts after that and a slip of her tongue happened when she said out loud her own thoughts in front of Sica." Sunny informed Sooyoung who had a frown on her face.

"Taengoo's insecurities? Was that why the magazine disappeared from our dorm?" Sooyoung placed a finger on her chin as if she was in deep thoughts.

"What magazine?" Sunny asked as Sooyoung explained about the wedding photo that Tiffany took with another model for her school project. "Don't tell me that Taeyeon is jealous about that?"

"I would feel jealous too if that was you but I don't think it was just because of that. Remember that kissing scene that Fany did during her 1st year musical participation? Taengoo was really bothered about it." Sooyoung said. "First year was the kissing scene. Second year was the wedding photo. Third year was when Fany started being close with that Nicky guy. If I was Taeng, I would go crazy too."

"Are you saying that it's Fany's fault that they broke-up?" Sunny squinted her eyes at Sooyoung.

"Are we going to argue about this again? Because if we are, I rather that we stop this conversation right now." Sooyoung said before she gave out a loud sigh while Sunny just pouted. "This is precisely why Taengoo left for Japan during our last year of university studies. I just wished that she had approached me and Yul before she made that decision to break-up."

"Do you think it was because of Fany or because of her school work? It seems that Taeyeon started to keep to herself more as the years progress until now. She's like totally in her own world. Sometimes, I really pity Hyo. When we hang out together, I can see how much she misses her unnie. The one that will joke around and be dorky with her." Sunny said.

"I miss my Taengoo too. She was the first true friend that I ever had. I can still remember the day she carried me home when I was sick. With that small body of hers, she carried me on her back until we reached her house. She even took care of me until I was well. But now, I don't even know her anymore. All that is in her mind right now is just work, work and more work." Sooyoung was almost breaking down with her watery eyes.

"Youngie, do you think we need to do something about this? Deep down inside of me, I believe that both of them still loves each other a lot. Maybe because of pride and regrets which are stopping them to be together again." Sunny's words made Sooyoung turned to face her.

"Let's pay YulSic a visit tomorrow. Since Yul said that Yoona will be calling them again to tell more about her meet-up with Fany, maybe we can do something to help our two bestfriends to find their lost love." Sooyoung suggested to which Sunny nodded her head.

"Do you think we should ask Hyo to join us too?" Sunny asked as Sooyoung replied that they should talk to Yoona first.

"We need to find out more about Fany's current status. Knowing how Hyo has always hope that Fany and Taengoo will end up together, I believe that she'll be disappointed if she finds out that Fany has moved on. I mean.. It's not that it's a bad thing but it'll be better for Hyo to be kept in the dark so that she won't feel bad for her unnie if that was really true." Sooyoung explained to which Sunny agreed to it.