Tiffany's POV

Goodbye, Hello

(1st year in University)

"Taetae, what do you think of my performance earlier?" I smiled widely to my girlfriend who was just staring blankly at me.

We had just returned to our dorm from our school theatre. The girls had came to watch and gave support for my very first performance, along with Hyoyeon. It's just too bad that Jessica had other school commitments and couldn't make it. 

"Taetae?" I looked at her as she was still not responding to my question.

"You didn't tell me there was a kissing scene." Taeyeon answered flatly, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"Oh my god. I didn't inform you? I thought I did." I frowned while trying to recall if I had really forgotten to tell Taeyeon about it. I saw Taeyeon shaking her head as she dropped her body on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "I'm so sorry, Taetae. I must have forgotten about it, being all nervous and excited about the whole musical performance. Anyway, it's not even a direct kiss. It was on the chin."

"Do they have to add that scene in? And what's with the kissing sound effect? Was that even necessary?" 

I noticed the slight change in Taeyeon's voice as if she was trying to hold in her anger. Hearing her voice, made me feel guilty for not informing her about it earlier. I knew that she gets jealous easily as I lied down beside her and placed my head on her chest.

"Taetae, are you angry at me? I'm sorry that you had to watch it. If I had a choice, I won't have done the kissing scene but it's part of the performance." I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me as I listened to her heartbeat.

Silence filled the room as I waited for Taeyeon to reply. From the sound of her fast heartbeat, I knew she was trying to calm herself down.

"How many more performances do you need to take part in?" Taeyeon asked.

"Hhhhmmm.... about 5 more?" I answered slowly, afraid of her response.

"Mwo?!!" Taeyeon suddenly sat up straight, breaking away from our hug. "And you have to kiss in all of them?"

I nodded my head slowly as I sat up straight and pouted while looking at her. "I did told you that I might be involved in more performances, right?"

"Yes. But you said you might. As in nothing was confirmed yet. You said that you're not the only one who is acting out that character in the musical." Taeyeon looked at me before sighing. 

"I myself was not expecting to get a lot of performance too. Including me, there's two other girls who are also acting the same character. But after seeing my performance earlier, the lecturer decided to give me more performances as he said that I showed a lot of potential and was actually doing better than he had expected. Initially, he only wanted to allow me to perform 3 times while the remaining 17 performances will be distributed to the other 2 girls. Don't you think I did well too?" I asked as I looked straight into Taeyeon's eyes while giving her my 'totoro' smile.

"I'm happy and proud that you did well, Fany-ah. But that kissing scene...." Taeyeon closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. "I need a glass of water."

Taeyeon stood up and walked away from my bed. As she turned the doorknob, she turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Get some rest. You must be tired. I'll be sleeping in my room since I've got some assignments to do. Good night, Fany-ah. I love you."

"I love you too, Taetae. Don't stay up too late, arraseo?" I smiled sweetly at her as Taeyeon nodded her head and closed my bedroom door.

As I laid on my bed, I kept wondering if Taeyeon was really upset about the kissing incident.

************************

(2nd Year in University)

"Thank you so much, Siwon-Oppa. I won't have done so well for my school project this year if not for your help." I smiled at the tall handsome guy who was standing in front of me.

"The pleasure is mine, Tiffany. Furthermore, my girlfriend has been urging me to help you out as she was very fond of you since both of you acted in the musical together last year." Siwon replied with a smile.

"Say my thanks to Liuwen-Unnie, okay. I really owe her a lot. She helped me with the musical last year and this year, she helped me with this wedding photoshoot for my project. I'm going to miss both of you once the two of you graduate this year." I pouted while Siwon-Oppa just chuckled and nodded his head.

After parting ways with him, I walked back to the dorm. Starting this year, I wasn't able to share a room with Taeyeon as it was the university requirement for students to move into a 3 bedroom arrangement after their 2nd year onwards. So at the moment, I was sharing the room with Sunny and Jessica while Taeyeon shared a room with Yuri and Sooyoung. Lucky for us, our rooms are only 3 doors apart so we were still able to hang out often.

"Hi Fany."

I was greeted with a grinning Yuri who was seated on the couch with Jessica lying down with her head on Yuri's lap. Both of them were watching a movie on TV.

"Hi Yul. I thought both of you wanted to go and watch a movie at the cinema?" I asked as I saw Yuri pointing at Jessica. "I guess Jessi is too lazy to go out today."

Yuri nodded her head and grinned again while Jessica rolled her eyes at me. "By the way, where did you go earlier, Tiff? You went out quite early."

Hearing Jessica's question, I explained to her that I went to meet Siwon Oppa at the school gate as he wanted to pass me a copy of the wedding magazine that had our photoshoot as the cover. Siwon Oppa had went to collect the finished product from the studio so all that is left for me to do was to submit it to my lecturer for my project assessment.

"Let me see the magazine." Jessica asked as she stretched out her hand while I rummaged through my back to look for the magazine.

"Hey, you're back." I heard Sunny's voice coming out from her bedroom as I saw Sooyoung walking behind her.

"What were the two of you doing inside the bedroom?" I asked teasingly while smirking at them.

"Eating each other... I mean eating together." Sooyoung replied as she quickly showed the empty bowls that she was carrying, causing the rest of us to laugh at her reply.

"Why are you nervous, Soo? Were you lying to us?" Yuri joined in the teasing as Sooyoung meronged at her and walked to the kitchen to clean the bowls.

"Wow!! Is that you, Fany?" Sunny asked as she pointed at the magazine that Jessica was holding on to. "You look so gorgeous in that gown. And who is that handsome gentleman beside you?"

"Handsome?" Sooyoung's head popped out from the kitchen when she heard her girlfriend talking about another guy.

"He's a final student from the Sports School and also a part-time model. My partner for this project." I smiled proudly after hearing Sunny's compliments.

"Let me see it." Jessica handed the magazine to Sooyoung who stared at it for a while. "I have to admit that he's good-looking. Wait a minute. Is Taengoo aware of this? As in, you doing a photoshoot with a male model."

"Taetae knew about it. I've informed her about my school project before I started the photoshoot." I replied confidently as Sooyoung frowned a little. "Waeyo? Why are you frowning?"

"Nothing. I was just thinking about something else. By the way, are you going to show Taengoo that magazine?" Sooyoung asked.

"I will show it to her after making a copy of it since I need to hand the original copy to my lecturer." I replied as I looked at my watch. "Why don't you follow me to make a copy right now, Soo? So Taetae can see it when she comes back after her extra classes later."

Both me and Sooyoung left the dorm and walked towards my lecturer's office. Along the way, I noticed that Sooyoung seemed to be lost in her own thoughts.

"Hey Soo, what's on your mind? You seemed lost. Problems with Sunny?" I asked with a concern tone.

"Anni. I was just surprised that Taengoo doesn't seem to be affected by the fact that you're doing a wedding photoshoot with a male model. But then, the past few weeks Taengoo seemed very busy with her studies." Sooyoung said to which I nodded my head.

"Ever since she decided to take a dual degree early this year, she's had a lot of assignments to do. Furthermore, both her degrees are of a totally different matters. One is music and the other is financial management. I hope my Taetae can cope with everything." I pouted. "Both of us has not been spending much time together because of our school commitments."

************************

(3rd year in University)

"Why do you always have to hang out with him?"

I looked at Taeyeon who was staring intensely at me. Both of us were spending time together on my bed, after not seeing each other for the whole week. Everything was going well with Taeyeon being as sweet and dorky like always. But a single message from Nicky Oppa changed it all.

"I don't always hang out with him, Taetae. Anyway, it was just a message asking if I had eaten my dinner." I said softly, trying to not aggrievate the matter.

"Why is he so concern about you? You're an adult who can take care of yourself." Taeyeon sat up straight and folded her arms. "You're spending more time with him than your own girlfriend."

"Taetae, me and Nicky Oppa are taking the same course except that he's a senior who will be graduating this year. It might seem like I'm always with him but the actual fact is, we've only bumped into each other at the library or around our school. He will stop to chat with me sometimes." I tried to explain while I rubbed the sides of Taeyeon's arms to calm her down.

"Do you know what the other students are talking behind your back? They said that you're dating him and cheating on me. They said that both of you look better together." Taeyeon looked down on the floor as I sighed.

"You know that's not true, right?" I asked as tears started to build in my eyes when there was no response from Taeyeon. "You trust me, right? Taetae?"

"Him or me?" Taeyeon looked up but she quickly looked away when she saw the tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Huh? What do you mean, Tae?" I was confused with her question as Taeyeon suddenly stood up.

"I'm asking you to choose between him or me." Taeyeon stared at me coldly, something that I had never witnessed before.

"Taetae, he's just a friend. Don't you trust me?" I said as I felt hurt with Taeyeon's reaction at the moment.

"The fact that you can't even choose, makes me feel disheartened. I'm tired, Fany. Tired of listening to all those rumors. Tired of feeling scared of losing you. Tired of ..... " Taeyeon paused for a while as I saw her biting her lips. "I think it's best that we go our separate ways from now on."

"Mwo? Taetae? Why all of a sudden you're saying all this?" I was totally shocked and confused by her actions and decisions. "What did I do wrong? Why aren't we talking things out together? I don't agree to this."

"I'm sorry but I've already made my decision the moment you couldn't make your choice earlier. It's clear to me how important Nicky Oppa is to you." Taeyeon grabbed the doorknob and twisted it open.

"Taetae, no. That's not what it seems to be." The tears was flowing down fast as I stood up to catch Taeyeon who was already walking out of my room. "Taetae, stop. Let's talk these over. Taetae!! Kim Taeyeon!!!"

With that last shout, the door to my dorm slammed shut with Taeyeon not turning behind even once.

************************

(Present Time)

The memories were still fresh in my mind as I lied down on my bed. I had just returned to my apartment after having a long and deep talk with Sunny and Jessica. Frankly speaking, I'm still confused with Taeyeon's actions until now.

After the break-up, I was still able to see her around even though I distanced myself from her and the rest of the girls. For 3 months, I was filled with anger and disappointment. I hated her decision to break-up but when she left for Japan on our final year, I came to realise the emptiness in my heart without her.

During her period of absence for that one year, I started to ponder as to what might have lead to our break-up. Initially, I blamed her insecurities but then I realised that it's just how a normal Taeyeon would react. Her jealousy was one of the reasons that made me feel special to her. Recalling all the memories, I realise that both of us had been drifting apart ever since I became more engrossed in my school assignments. There were a few times that our dates had been cancelled because of me. But there's one thing that kept bothering me. My friendship with Nicky Oppa.

There was something about him that didn't sit well with Taeyeon. I wasn't sure what it was but it was really unlike Taeyeon to act like that to someone that she didn't even know that well.

Remembering about what Jessica and Sunny had told me with regards to Taeyeon, I sighed for the umptenth time. As I switched off the lamp beside my bed, Jessica's question echoed through my mind.

"Do you still love her?"