OST (part 2)

Goodbye, Hello

Everyone was curious as to why Taeyeon had that huge reaction so they quickly gathered around her and tried to peek at the things in the paperbag. Taeyeon then started to pull out the items which was a Jack Skellington mug, a coloring book and a big box of coloring pencils.

CEA0JjiUMAAKKH7.jpg

"Oh my god. Why would you give someone a skull on their birthday?" Jessica asked with a shocked expression. "Yah, Jung Yoona. Is this a prank from both of you?"

The glare from Jessica to her sister, caused Yoona to flinch as she hid behind Seohyun who had a guilty expression.

"That skeleton mug looks a little scary though." Sunny said as she shuddered a little.

"Jack, Jack." Taeyeon's eyes were focused on the skull-like mug.

"Coloring book and pencils? All of these are kids stuff." Yuri commented as she opened the box of coloring pencils. 

"Taengoo used to love to color during her younger years. She's good at drawing too." Sooyoung's remarks caused Hyoyeon and Taeyeon to nod their heads in agreement.

"But what's with the extra gifts?" Hyoyeon asked as everyone turned to look at Yoona and Seohyun who seemed a little nervous.

"Taeng-unnie.. Me and Seohyun...We didn't know..." Yoona nervously turned to look at Taeyeon but she was surprised when she saw Taeyeon smiling widely at her, until her dimples were showing.

"These gifts are the best. It's been so long since I last did any coloring. These are the things that I loved the most. By the way, how did you both knew that I liked Jack Skellington? The only person who knew about it is Tif.. Fa.."

Taeyeon didn't complete her sentence as her jaws dropped when realisation hit her. As if they understood her just by looking at her reaction, Yoona and Seohyun nodded their heads vigorously.

"These are from Fany-unnie?" Hyoyeon had to verbally asked it out loud as Yoona and Seohyun nodded their heads again. "Daebak. This is awesome. Do you know what this means?"

Everyone looked at Hyoyeon who seemed to be the only one excited at the moment while Taeyeon was still staring at the gifts from Tiffany.

"Unnie, if Fany-unnie doesn't mind giving you presents even though she's not giving it to you personally, it means that she doesn't hate you. If she had hated you, she could have just ignored the fact that your birthday was coming and doesn't have to bother about getting you anything." Hyoyeon shook Taeyeon's shoulders who was still looking lost. "Taeng-unnie, remember what you said before? As long as she doesn't hate you, you're going to try win her back. Looks like you still have a chance with her."

Taeyeon was still lost in her own world while the rest of the girls finally understood what Hyoyeon meant as they shared her excitement. Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona were busy giving each other a high-five that they only noticed Taeyeon's silence when Seohyun asked her if she was alright.

"I... I'm fine. I'm just shocked and.. and a lot of things are going through my mind right now." Taeyeon answered weakly before cries of pain echoed through the restaurant where they were celebrating Taeyeon's birthday.

Jessica and Sunny were pulling on each side of Taeyeon's ears before they let it go about 10 seconds later. By then, Taeyeon's ears had turned red as she frantically rubbed against it to reduce the pain.

"Yah!! Both of you!! That's painful, okay." Taeyeon said as Jessica and Sunny folded their arms and glared at her.

"That is a wake-up call for you. Don't you dare go back on your words, Kim Taeyeon." Jessica pointed her finger at Taeyeon.

"Fany is our friend. Just like you. But we'll not sit back if you dare to hurt her a second time. Yoona and Seohyun had already found out that she's still single and unattached. So it's time that you step up and try to win her back." Sunny added on.

Taeyeon pouted and frowned before she turned to look at her sister for help. Hyoyeon nodded her head and standing up with confidence, she coughed slightly to grab everyone's attention.

"Before my Unnie can proceed to try to win back Fany-unnie, there's something that we need to take care of. This will be the next step for our OST. We need to remove any possible hindrance for her plan to succed." Hyoyeon said before smirking. "A hindrance by the name of Nicky."

************************

"Thank you so much, Marina. If you didn't help me out, I won't know what else to do." Taeyeon smiled as she shook the hands of the girl in front of her.

"It's the least I could do. After reading your email, I felt as if I had a part in your break-up with your girlfriend." Marina answered. "I didn't know that my actions towards you that night had been misused by Nicky to his advantage. I couldn't believe that he could stoop so low. I really hope that you and Tiffany would be able to make up soon. I can see how much you love her even from that night itself. You couldn't stop talking about her to me which was the main reason as to why I didn't kiss you on the lips."

Taeyeon smiled sincerely and nodded her head. Marina was the Japanese girl that she had met in the pub years ago and was also the one that Nicky claimed that he had the photo of them kissing each other passionately. During her studies in Japan, Taeyeon had met her again and found out the truth about the whole incident. Since then, Taeyeon and her had kept in touch as friends through emails.

With Hyoyeon's suggestion to find a way to seek for evidence to prove that Nicky had been blackmailing Taeyeon during their 3rd year in the university, both of them had came up with a plan. 2 weeks after her birthday party, Taeyeon had sorted out help from Marina.

(Flashback)

"I didn't know that you would be in Japan." Marina smiled sweetly at the guy in front of her.

"I'm not always here though. It's only when I have some business matters to handle, then I would fly in. I guess it's my luck to be able to bump into you earlier." Nicky smiled seductively. "I didn't expect you to recognise me actually. Especially when we've only met once."

"I wasn't sure initially but when I saw your charming smile, I knew that it was you. Most of my friends were talking about your smile and good looks after we returned from the pub that night." Marina tried to control her disgust when she saw Nicky giving her an arrogant smile after she had praised him. "I still remember that you asked me to offer a drink to your friend who was there alone and even ask me to kiss her. What was her name again?" Marina frowned a little and pretended as if she was trying hard to remember something. 

"Taeyeon. Her name is Kim Taeyeon. It was funny how she was already drunk by the time you offered her the 3rd can of beer. I didn't know that she had a low tolerance for alcohol. But you failed in kissing her though. I told you to kiss her on the lips but you kissed her on the cheeks instead." Nicky chuckled to himself. "I still remembered how shocked and panicky she was when I lied to her about having a photo of the two of you kissing passionately at the pub."

"You lied to her?" Marina pretended to be shocked.

"I was just playing around with her. She's a friend of mine, anyway." Nicky tried to cover his story without knowing that Marina actually knew the truth. "So Marina, are you free for the day? Maybe we can have some fun together."

Taeyeon pressed the pause button as she placed the voice recorder on the table. SooSun, YulSic and Hyoyeon looked up to her as Taeyeon informed them that the rest of the recordings were just normal conversation between Nicky and Marina with Nicky trying his best to flirt with the Japanese girl. The girls were gathered at Sooyoung's place after Taeyeon sent Marina off to the airport 4hrs ago.

"I didn't know how Yoona managed to find out about Nicky's schedule to Japan but I had passed the message to Marina who then purposely went down to the airport to pretend to bump into him. It amazes me though at how easy she manage to get Nicky to say all of those. She even had everything recorded for me." Taeyeon explained further.

"Since now we have evidence of him lying to you, do you still keep any proof of him blackmailing you?" Sooyoung asked to which Taeyeon nodded and took out a box beside her.

"Luckily, I didn't throw any of these out." Taeyeon said as she took out some small sticky notes and also an old phone which the girls recognised as the one that Taeyeon had been using when they were still studying. "I managed to charge the phone last night. It's a miracle that it can still work, albeit a bit lagging."

The girls looked through the notes and also the messages in Taeyeon's old phone. Most of the notes were handwritten.

"Stop meddling in my friendship with Tiffany. Do you want me to show her the photo of you kissing another girl passionately?" Yuri was reading one of the small notes in her hand.

"Why is Tiffany avoiding me? Did you tell her to do so? You better not be doing anything funny, Kim Taeyeon." Sunny was reading the messages from the phone.

"Wow, the nerve of this Nicky. Look at this." Jessica showed a note that she had picked earlier. "Maybe I should've have just shown that photo to Tiffany. I think she's better off with me. Someone who doesn't go around cheating."

Once Jessica finished reading that note, everyone stopped looking around and looked up to Taeyeon who was just staring at everything on the table.

"How dare he called my unnie a cheater and made her looked like a fool? I feel like punching him straight in the face the moment I see him." Hyoyeon said as she balled up her fist.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all these alone, Taengoo. When you gradually stopped hanging out with us, I took for granted the reason that you gave me which was that you had a lot of assignments from both your degree classes. I should have spent more time hanging out with you at the dorm." Sooyoung sighed as her shoulders dropped.

"You don't have to apologise, Soo. I kept it all to myself. I thought that once he graduated, he would stopped disturbing Fany and me. But the stress from everything took a toll on me that I asked for a break-up even before that. Fany was right. I should have talked things out with her. I shouldn't have kept the unhappiness inside me especially about what I felt about her musical kiss scene and that wedding photoshoot for that magazine. One thing leads to another and soon enough, it balls up into one big mess." Taeyeon shook her head at her own decisions.

"I need to go to Japan." Jessica suddenly said, causing everyone to look at her. "I want to meet up with Tiff."

"In that case, I want to follow too." Sunny raised her hand as Sooyoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon had a blank expression on their faces.

"What do you girls plan to do when you meet her?" Yuri asked as Jessica and Sunny looked at each other.

"I'm not sure myself but all I know is that after listening to all these talks, it made me realised that I miss her so much. She didn't even manage to attend my wedding because of the change in address." Jessica admitted as she pouted while Yuri pulled her into a hug.

"I guess both of us would like to rekindle our friendship that has been missing for the past few years." Sunny explained further as Sooyoung nodded her head.

"You should go and meet her then. I believe she misses both of you too but since the possibility of meeting me is quite high, she must have been trying to avoid any contact with both of you." Taeyeon added on.

"When we are there, we'll try to find out as much as possible about Tiff's feelings for you, Taeng." Jessica said with confidence.

"That's right. Who knows, you might be able to meet her soon and show her all these evidence about what Nicky had done to you." Sunny was smiling proudly at her own remarks.

But both of them were suprised when they saw Taeyeon shaking her head.

"Don't do that. Go and meet her as Tiffany's friends. Not as Taeyeon's friends or Soo's fiancee or Yul's wife." Taeyeon smiled a little. "There's always another time to find out about all that but I believe Fany would appreciate it more if both of you went to meet her as her bestfriends."