Always there

Goodbye, Hello

"Yah!! Taengoo, where the hell are you?" Sooyoung was half-whispering and half-shouting into her phone as Sunny and Jessica kept staring at her. "You were suppose to be here 15mins ago."

Sooyoung, Sunny, Yuri and Jessica had already arrived at the restaurant where they had planned to have their dinner together. At the moment, the girls were waiting at their reserved table for Taeyeon who was late as usual.

"What do you mean you're stuck in the jam? There's no traffic jam between the office to here. I was from the office earlier. Don't try to lie, Kim Taeyeon." Sooyoung continued to nag at her bestfriend while Jessica and Sunny were also busy messaging Tiffany who should be arriving soon.

Yuri then grabbed the phone from Sooyoung. "Yah, Midget!! I don't care how you do it but you better get your here in 5mins time or I'll make sure your baby has an extra curve on it's body."

10mins after Yuri had ended the call and gave the phone back to Sooyoung, Tiffany arrived at the restaurant. She was late too and was seen to be anxiously walking in to the restaurant. Seeing Jessica and Sunny waving excitedly at her from a distance, Tiffany made her way to the table while showing everyone her famous eye-smile.

Tiffany - 150412: Master Data, Data 150412, Snsd Tiffany, Snsd Airports, Girls Generation, Tiffany Hwang, 150412 출국, Airports Fashion, Role Models

"Oh my god!! Hi everyone. I'm so sorry for being late. There was a traffic jam from the hotel." Tiffany greeted everyone with a hug as she couldn't stop smiling. "I'm so happy to be able to see you girls again after so long."

Sunny pulled a chair beside her for Tiffany to sit as the other girls took their seats. Tiffany was seated in between Jessica and Sunny while Yuri and Sooyoung were seated opposite of their respective partners.

"Was it difficult for you to get here, Tiff?" Jessica asked.

Tiffany shook her head and was about to say something when Yuri pointed to somewhere behind them and started to tap the table nervously, trying to grab Sooyoung's attention.

"Yah, yah, yah!!! Soo, help me. I think Taengoo's coming to kill me."

The other girls turned behind to look at the direction which Yuri had pointed to and saw Taeyeon walking in with a fierce expression.

taeyeon aw yeah lookit

"Who told you to threaten her in the first place?" Tiffany said as she pointed at Yuri before she started giggling while the other girls had a confused look.

"How did you...?" Yuri was not able to complete her sentence when her collar was suddenly gripped by Taeyeon who had arrived at their table.

"Did you just threaten me about putting an extra curve on my baby, Kwon Yuri?" Taeyeon's direct glare, caused Yuri to close her eyes and shook her head vigorously.

"I.. I.. I was just kidding." Yuri replied as Taeyeon slowly released her grip.

"Now, move." Taeyeon shoved Yuri aside and took the seat that was facing Tiffany. "You left your phone in the car earlier."

Taeyeon took out a pink-covered phone from her yellow blazer's pocket and gave it to Tiffany who thanked her. Both of them had a poker face on while the other 4 girls were looking at them with bewildered eyes.

"Wait a minute!!!" Sooyoung was the first one to break away from the confusion. "Don't tell me that the both of you had arrived together? As in really together. In the same car."

Nods from Taeyeon and Tiffany set off a new wave of shock to the people at the table.

"MWO???!!!!"

Tiffany and Taeyeon burst out into laughter after seeing their friend's reactions and it took them another 10seconds before Tiffany decided to explain everything from the day she arrived in Seoul.

"There was really a traffic jam earlier after we left the hotel." Tiffany said as Taeyeon showed a smirk and folded her arms. "But we were almost reaching here when you called us earlier. Taeyeon had the phone on speaker mode which was why I heard Yuri's threat to her about hurting her baby."

"Her baby?" Jessica looked confused as she turned to stare at Taeyeon.

"My car. My baby." Taeyeon explained quickly.

"So does this mean that both of you are back together?" Sunny asked.

"Anni."

YulSic and SooSun were caught by surprise with the similarity in reply by both Taeyeon and Tiffany. They looked at both girls, waiting for them to explain further.

"We're not together.... yet." Taeyeon replied cautiously as she glanced at Tiffany. "We've still got a lot of unresolved matters between us."

"But you both came, looking like a couple with your same colored dressing." Yuri said as she pouted. "For a moment, I thought everything was fine until I heard Fany calling Taengoo by her real name and not her nickname."

"I can't just accept her back into my life." Tiffany suddenly confessed as she noticed the upset looks in everyone's eyes. "I mean.... I... I just need.."

"We both need some time to sort ourselves and talk things out. The least that we should do is to reflect on our mistakes and make sure that we don't repeat them." Taeyeon came to Tiffany's help as the flustered girl smiled. "Shall we start on our dinner instead? It's almost 8pm now."

"Why don't you girls go ahead first?" Sooyoung suddenly said as she gave Yuri an eye signal. "Me, Yul and Taengoo need to collect the free parking coupon from the front desk."

Yuri nodded her head in agreement while Taeyeon had a blank look. Grabbing Taeyeon's shoulder firmly, Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a smirk as she dragged the small girl away from the table, with Yuri following them from the back.

"Why does it look like Taeyeon is being dragged away by Soo?" Tiffany asked as she continued to watch the 3 girls walking away from them. "I don't think that's the way to the front desk though."

"Let's just say Taeyeon needs a little friendly reminder about the presence of her bestfriends in her life." Sunny replied with a poker face as she had seen the signal given by her fiancee to Yuri.

"Are we suppose to order dinner for them as well?" Jessica's question along with her blank expression, caused Sunny and Tiffany to just shook their heads.

************************

"Thank you."

Taeyeon turned to look at Tiffany and arched her eyebrows, not understanding the reason for Tiffany's remark.

"For explaining things out to them. I.. don't know.. how.." Tiffany couldn't find her words again as Taeyeon smiled.

"It's okay. I understand. It's not easy to rekindle something that you've lost for almost 4yrs now." Taeyeon turned to look at the Han river in front of them. "Even though you've always been on my mind, the solitary life that I've been leading so far seems to have given me some comfort in a certain way. I guess it's the same for you."

Tiffany nodded her head reluctantly. It's not that she didn't want to have Taeyeon back in her life. It's just that she's not sure if she's ready to make any changes in her life at the moment. "Taeyeon, I hope you won't misunderstand my decision. Honestly, you'll always have a special place in my heart but..."

Taeyeon saw the hesitance in Tiffany's words. "As long as you don't hate me, I think I'm already thankful."

Silence filled the car as both of them were lost in their own thoughts. Dinner had went well even after the early commotions and some extra friendly bonding time between the 3 stooges. The girls chatted, joked and teased each other like the old times. It brought back a lot of memories especially to the two souls who were currently just staring at the beautiful night scene in front of them, after Taeyeon had brought down the hood of her car.

"By the way, what happened after Soo dragged you away from the table earlier? The 3 of you didn't seem to be heading for the front desk though." Tiffany asked as Taeyeon gulped when she was reminded of what happened earlier.

(Flashbacks)

Sooyoung dragged Taeyeon all the way to the back of the restaurant where there was a small table which the staff would use to rest sometime. 

"Sit." Sooyoung said to Taeyeon with a firm voice as the small girl followed her orders. "Yul."

Yuri came and stood beside Sooyoung as the two of them folded their arms while glaring down at Taeyeon. Feeling intimidated by the two towers in front of her, Taeyeon pouted and tried to make a puppy face.

"Doesn't work, Kim Taeyeon." Sooyoung said, causing Taeyeon to sigh and look down. "What have you got to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to forget to inform the both of you about it. It was a surprise for me to actually meet her at the airport that day." Taeyeon tried to explain herself.

"You met her on Friday, Taengoo. Today is already Monday. You have more than enought time to inform us." Yuri expressed her unhappiness about the whole matter.

"I screwed up on Saturday and made Tiffany cry." Taeyeon sighed again as she started to narrate what happened before.

While Taeyeon was telling her story, Sooyoung and Yuri got interested as they pulled up two chairs to join Taeyeon at the table and listened to it until she stopped talking. Sooyoung was about to say something when her phone beeped. A message fom Sunny asking them to hurry up was shown to Yuri since they had been away for almost 30mins and dinnner was turning cold.

"We'll settle this another time." Sooyoun smacked Taeyeon on the back as the small girl flinched a little.

"Count yourself lucky." Yuri said as she repeated what Sooyoung did earlier.

(Present Time)

"Oh my god. Did your back hurt?" Tiffany asked in a worried tone as Taeyeon nodded her head.

"The pain was unbearable for the first 5mins but once dinner started, the pain went off." Taeyeon explained as Tiffany asked her to turn around so that she could check on her back."It's okay. I'm...."

Taeyeon automatically stopped explaining when she remembered what happened that night as she felt Tiffany stopped moving too. Taeyeon glanced at the clock in her car. 15mins more and it'll be midnight soon. She knew that Tiffany has got an important event tomorrow. 

"What time is your meeting tomorrow?" Taeyeon quickly changed the topic.

"It'll start at 9am but I have to be at the building by 8.30am to set up and make sure everything is ready." Tiffany replied, forgetting about checking on Taeyeon's back.

"It's going to be midnight soon. Do you want to go back and rest first?" Taeyeon seemed to be very cautious when she asked the question. "I know you have a lot of questions for me in your head right now and I have a lot of explaining to do but tomorrow is a big day for you and your company."

"Daebak. Are you really the real Taeyeon? As in Kim Taeyeon. The one that I knew years ago. Why do I feel like you've changed?" Tiffany said.

"I've changed? What do you mean?" Taeyeon was feeling totally confused.

"What happened to the 'it's all for your own good' Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany stopped giggling and looked at Taeyeon. "If this was you before, you would have just sent me straight to the hotel without even asking if I wanted to go back. You will always think that your actions are the best for me."

Taeyeon bite her lips and sighed at Tiffany's words. She had to admit that the girl was right. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologise though because most of the decisions that you made for me are actually good." Tiffany smiled and looked at the clock. "I can still spare another hour for you so if there's anything that you want to say, I'm all ears."

"You sure?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany nodded her head. "Since I've only got an hour, maybe I should start with the lighter topics. With regards to my insecurities issues. As in my jealousy problem."

Tiffany turned her body so that she can faced Taeyeon and gave her full attention.

"I know that I get jealous easily. Even though I don't admit it in front of you, I think you can see it from my actions. It's not that I don't trust you. I was just afraid of losing you." Taeyeon explained.

"But you were the one who broke up with me." Tiffany intervened as Taeyeon sighed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't interrupt."

"It's okay and you were right, anyway." Taeyeon replied as she started to narrate about the incidents that she had heard and seen throughout the times when they were still together. "I knew that most of the students were just saying it without any real intention but it hurts for me to be going through all that."

It wasn't a total surprise for Tiffany. She acknowledged that she had heard rumors of her pairings with her guy friends but she didn't expect that it'll go to the extend as having a school discussion forum talking about it. She was also unaware that students were hoping that she would be dating some other guys instead of Taeyeon. Looking at the girl beside her right now, who was staring at the view in front, she could imagine the pain that she had been enduring.

"I... I didn't know you were hurt about it. Frankly, I've heard the rumors before but I thought you won't be bothered by it since you know that I lov..." Tiffany bite her lips and hesitated again.

"I should have talked to you, shouldn't I? Instead of keeping it all in and pretending that I was okay with it, it would have been better if I had told you about it." Taeyeon said to which Tiffany nodded her head. "But you were so busy with your school assignments. Being passionately involved in a lot of things that I don't have the heart to burden you with my complaints. I know you would have wanted to listen to them but I guess I was being the 'it's all for your own good' Kim Taeyeon back then."

Taeyeon chuckled when she reused Tiffany's words on herself but she didn't expect Tiffany to be staring blankly at her. "Tiffany?"

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon. I wasn't there when you needed me. I myself was unaware that I had taken on a lot of projects. Even my lecturers were afraid that I might not be able to cope with it. If only I wasn't that greedy, we could have spend more time together back then and you could have expressed yourself more to me." Tiffany sighed.

"But that's how you manage to become successful right now. Your portfolio was awesome." Taeyeon smiled and teased, trying to lighten up the mood.

"There was a lot of sacrifices along the way." Tiffany replied softly. "Those times that I made you wait for me because I was held up and times where I had to cancel our dates because I had to rush for my projects. You've never stopped me from doing all that and you even supported me but the truth was, you were hoping for more time with me. Am I right?"

Taeyeon nodded and leaned forward to her steering wheel, hugging it. "Because I knew you were happy during those times that you were busy with your school projects. You love what you were doing and was passionate about it."

"You make it sound like I was not happy with you. That's not true, okay." Tiffany pouted. "But I was upset that you didn't celebrate my birthday before you left for Japan. I mean.. even though we had broken up by then, the least you could have done was to wish me."

Taeyeon arched her eyebrow as if she was trying to remember something. "You didn't receive the present I gave you? I thought I left it on your study table."

"What do you mean? What present?" Tiffany frowned as Taeyeon explained what she did that night. "Oh my god. That blanket was from you?"

"There was a card along with that blanket. Don't tell me you threw it away?" Taeyeon had a sad face as she pouted but she felt relief when Tiffany shook her head.

"I didn't throw it away. I just took a peek and thought that it was from one of the girls so I just kept it aside. I didn't expect that you would come to look for me at night. If I remember correctly, the paper bag is still in my luggage that I used when I moved back to LA." Tiffany explained.

"Actually, I've been sending you gifts every year without fail." Taeyeon turned and tilted her head to face Tiffany as she smiled. "Didn't you notice that ever since we broke up, Appa Hwang has been giving you an extra present every year?"

Tiffany was so surprised that she covered and kept blinking her eyes. She had to admit that she was initially curious as to why her dad kept giving her two presents but she kept forgetting to ask him the reason for that.

"The pink blanket, the Yankee candle and the Chanel handbag. Those were from me." Taeyeon said as she chuckled when she noticed Tiffany's reaction. "After I returned to Seoul once I was discharged from the hospital, the first person I contacted was Appa Hwang."

"You contacted my dad? Wae?" Tiffany looked really confused at the moment.

"Because I broke my promise to him and I needed to apologise. I promised him that I'll take care of you and will never make you sad but I failed." Taeyeon sighed. "Initially, I wanted to look for you to explain everything but by then, you had went on a long trip. So I ended up explaining the truth behind the reason for our break-up to Appa Hwang. He wanted to inform you about it but I told him that I would do it myself but I guess I took too long to find the courage to face you."

"Then what makes you so confident of telling me everything now?" Tiffany asked.

"When I saw you at the airport, I realised how much I needed you in my life. No matter how I tried to convince myself that I was fine being alone, I couldn't deny the fact that my heart still beats for you. I know I've hurt you a lot and I'm not sure if your feelings for me is still the same but if you're willing to give me a second chance, I swear on my life that I would not waste it." Taeyeon looked straight into Tiffany's eyes when she said it.

"I.. I... " Tiffany looked back at Taeyeon who smiled at her.

"It's okay. You don't have to answer me now. I just want you to know how I feel." Taeyeon said as she straightened herself up. "Let's go back to the hotel now, shall we?"

Tiffany could only nod her head as Taeyeon drove off.