Lunch, Dinner and ....

Goodbye, Hello

"Is this really Tiffany Hwang?" Uncle Jung smiled at the girl in front of him. "You're getting prettier from the last time I saw you."

The meeting had ended successfully and now everyone was having a light tea-break. Tiffany was happy to meet Uncle Jung again. She had missed the old man who had taken care of her when she was in Seoul and was a little sad when she saw how fragile he was at the moment. Uncle Jung and her Appa were about the same age so seeing him, reminded her of her dad.

"Have you visited your Uncle Lee yet?" Uncle Jung asked as Tiffany shook her head. "Pay him a visit before you go back, okay. He missed you too."

As the chat continued for a while, Yuri and Jessica joined in along with Bora and Nicole. Uncle Jung excused himself 15mins later to attend to some other matters.

"Do you girls want to join me and Yul for lunch later?" Jessica offered to Bora, Nicole and Tiffany.

"Sure." Bora and Nicole answered at the same time but Tiffany was hesitating.

"I.. I've got..." Tiffany suddenly blushed. "I'm going out for lunch with Taeyeon."

"Wow... That midget is really progressing fast." Yuri exclaimed, bringing on laughter among them as Tiffany's face turned red. "Is she coming to fetch you?"

"She said she'll be here around 12.15pm. But.." Tiffany glanced at her watch which showed that it was only 11.15am. "I didn't expect the meeting to end so soon."

"No worries. We can drop you at her office instead. It's only about 10mins drive from here. You can go and visit Uncle Lee at the same time too." Jessica suggested as Bora and Nicole got excited since they wanted to see Taeyeon's office too.

"If It's not a hassle..." Tiffany couldn't finish her sentence when Yuri intercepted her.

"Let's go then. To Lee Entertainment." Yuri dorkily punched her right hand upwards and walked to the door as Bora and Nicole laughed at her actions.

"Sometimes I wonder if I had married a kid." Jessica shook her head as Tiffany placed her hand on Jessica's shoulders.

"Are you sure you're wondering, Jessi? Based on the love bite on your neck that you're trying to cover with your hair, I don't..." Tiffany received a shove at the shoulders by Jessica who was blushing as the two girls ended up chuckling to each other.

10mins later, the girls were already at the lobby of Lee Entertainment. The receptionist, who was already familiar with Yuri, smiled and waved excitedly at her but her expression froze when she saw Jessica giving her a cold stare.

"Does she always do that to you?" Jessica asked the moment they stepped into the lift.

"Who? Do what?" Yuri replied with a poker face as Jessica glared at her. "Ahhh... You mean Kahi-unnie? She's just being friendly."

Jessica was about to say something but Yuri reacted faster by kissing her forehead. Bora, Nicole and Tiffany squirmed when they saw it as Yuri informed Jessica that the receptionist knew who she was and it's just the way she greeted everyone.

"She knew that I'm happily married to a beautiful lady. So no need to be jealous, okay. My princess."

"Aigoo.. These two lovebirds makes me want to puke." Nicole exclaimed teasingly.

"Are we going to visit Taeyeon-unnie's office right now?" Bora asked.

"Not yet. We'll visit Uncle Lee who is Sunny's father first. The owner of this company." Jessica said as the lift arrived at the top floor. "Then we'll go and look for Taeyeon."

Just like Uncle Jung, Uncle Lee was very happy and surprised to see Tiffany in his office. Coincidentally, Sunny was at her dad's office when they arrived.

"Yah!! Why didn't you tell me that you're coming over?" Sunny started to pout when she saw the girls being brought in by her dad's secretary.

"Because we need to have an appointment to see you while we can always look for Uncle Lee whenever we want to." Yuri meronged at Sunny who showed a fist to her.

Bora, Nicole and Tiffany had a blank look at their faces as Yuri and Sunny continued to bicker.

"Sunny is currently managing the company even though Uncle Lee will come in the office to assist her if she needs help. Uncle Lee doesn't like to stay at home since he's used to working. His office at the top floor can only be access by authorised personnel such as the top management and also us." Jessica explained as she pointed to herself and then to Yuri. "It's easier to meet Uncle Lee than Sunny since we have to make an appointment if we want to see her but actually we don't usually do that. Me and Yul will just barge into her office."

Jessica had a poker face on while explaining, causing the 3 girls to laugh.

"Yah!! Are you talking bad about me?" Sunny turned her attention to Jessica. "Anyway, how come you're here?"

"Obviously to meet your dad and Taengoo. You think we're here for you?" Yuri continued teasing Sunny as Tiffany walked up to Uncle Lee to have some small talks with him.

20mins later, the girls were brought to level 9 where Taeyeon's office was situated. Tiffany glanced at her watch and saw that it was already 11.55am. As they walked along the corridor, a lot of eyes were watching them. Most of them bowed and greeted Sunny until they reached a door which was a distant away from the last table.

"She doesn't have a secretary?" Tiffany asked when she saw the empty table just outside of Taeyeon's ofice.

"Used to have. Around 2 yrs ago but the girl resigned after 6 months. Until now, there's no replacement." Sunny replied.

"Because Taengoo rejected her after she confessed her feelings to Taengoo. And to prevent any future unnecessary confession, Taengoo refused to find a replacement." Yuri replied with a straight face as Tiffany, Bora and Nicole were surprised by her remarks. "Let me tell you a secret. My best friend may look small and fragile but she's one hell of a charmer. She's got a lot of secret admirer in here."

Yuri saw Tiffany pouting as she knocked on Taeyeon's door. They heard Taeyeon's firm voice asking the person to enter as Yuri poked her head through the open door.

03-Dystar_ceo_room_1.jpg

"Midget!!!"

"Yah, Kkab!! If you're asking me out to lunch, I'm not available and I need to rush now." Taeyeon answered even before Yuri could say anything.

"Where are you heading to? You don't usually go out for lunch anyway." Yuri purposely stood in front of the door so that the rest of the girls could hear their conversation while they hid behind the wall, away from Taeyeon's sight.

"I'm going out for lunch with a beautiful lady and I've to fetch her by 12.15pm. So don't talk to me and make me late." Taeyeon replied as she started to clear the documents on her table.

"You're going out?" Sunny appeared and walked into Taeyeon's office, taking a seat at the couch. "I was just about to hand you a new project and thought that we could discuss it over lunch"

"A new project? Can we just discuss it after lunch instead? This lunch date is important to me." Taeyeon's voice sounded desperate as Tiffany started to smile.

"Lunch date with a beautiful lady? Who is she?" Jessica suddenly appeared behind Yuri with folded her arms and a cold stare.

It was obvious that Taeyeon was stunned to see Jessica there as her eyes widened in surprise. "It's Ti..Ti..Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. Your best friend. With her beautiful eye-smile."

Tiffany giggled when she heard Taeyeon's quick and panic response to Jessica.

"Yah!! It's already 12.10pm. Thanks for the delay. Now I'm going to be late." Taeyeon grabbed her blazer and was making her way to the door when Yuri gave a passing remarks.

"But you're always late, Taengoo."

"I know but this time it's different. She's...." Taeyeon didn't finish her sentence when she abruptly stopped in her tracks when Tiffany appeared in front of her office door. "What... When.. How..."

 Tiffany giggled when she saw Taeyeon's confused reaction as the girl kept blinking her eyes. "Hi. You seem to be in a rush."

************************

"Do you always come here for lunch?" Tiffany asked after the waiter cleared their plates and served them their desserts.

"Anni. I don't usually lunch out actually." Taeyeon gave a dorky grin. "This restaurant has got a good recommendation based on the feedbacks given in the internet when I was surfing for a place to eat earlier."

restaurant-de-seoul.jpg

"I like the ambience here and the food is outstanding." Tiffany replied as Taeyeon nodded her head in agreement. "Seems like you took a lot of effort for this lunch appointment."

"Just thought that I should bring you somewhere nice for lunch." Taeyeon replied with a smile.

"I noticed that you didn't have a secretary." Tiffany's remarks, caused Taeyeon to pause her actions and nodded her head. "Why not? If you have a secretary, won't it be easier and lesser workload."

Tiffany already knew the reason from what Yuri had told them earlier but she asked just to see if Taeyeon would answer the same way.

"I used to have one initially when I started working but she resigned after 6 months." Taeyeon explained as Tiffany nodded her head but her eyes were still on Taeyeon as if expecting her to explain further. "She... kind of develop feelings for me and had expressed it out but I rejected her. I'm not sure if she resigned because of me but she stated in her resignation letter that she wanted to further her studies."

"Did you reject her in a bad manner? I mean did you make her cry?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon bit her fingers.

"She didn't cry in front of me though so I'm not sure. All I said to her was that I can't return her feelings because..." Taeyeon paused before looking at Tiffany. "Because I'm still in love with someone."

"Ouuhhh..."

Tiffany's short reply caused a sudden awkwardness between them as both of them looked away. No one said anything for the next 5mins as they continued to eat their desserts in silence.

"By the way, when will you be flying back to Japan?" Taeyeon was the one who broke the silence since she had finished her food.

"Tomorrow but I'm not going back to Japan. I'll be flying to LA to visit Daddy. After seeing Uncle Jung and Uncle Lee, I've realised that I've not gone home for almost four months. I miss Daddy." Tiffany replied with a pout.

"I think he miss you too. Help me to send my regards to him." Taeyeon said as Tiffany nodded her head. "So, what do you intend to do after lunch today?"

"I'm not sure. Bora and Nicole would be going back to the hotel after lunch to pack their belongings and rest before their flight back to Japan tonight. Most probably, I'll hang out for a while with them later before sending them off to the airport at around 7pm." Tiffany answered.

"You mean you'll be staying in the hotel alone tonight?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany nodded her head. "Would you like to spend the night at my place instead?"

Tiffany blinked her eyes as she didn't expect that offer from Taeyeon. Her reactions must have caused Taeyeon to be nervous as the small girl quickly explained that she has a spare guest room in her apartment.

"I.. I mean,, Instead of being alone.. you can.. I... we.." Taeyeon stopped talking when she realised that she's not making any sense. Taking a deep breathe, she closed her eyes before she continued talking. "What I'm trying to say is that since you'll be all alone tonight, won't it be better to have me to accompany you. We can go out for dinner or supper after we sent your friends off. Honestly, I don't feel good leaving you all alone in the hotel room. But... I'm just suggesting. You have all the right to reject my idea though."

Taeyeon was explaining herself in such a serious manner that Tiffany ended up giggling at her reaction. "Being alone is not a big deal for me, Taeyeon. I've been living alone, all by myself in Japan. But having someone to accompany me for the night doesn't sound like a bad idea. Let me think about it first, okay?"

"Arraseo." Taeyeon replied with a smile as both of them left the restaurant 10mins later.

************************

"Do you think my application will be accepted?" Bora asked Nicole as Tiffany stepped into the hotel room after Taeyeon sent her back.

"What application?" Tiffany was curious as she climbed onto the bed and observed her friends packing up their belongings.

"How was your lunch date?" Nicole asked with a cheeky grin on her face. "Did Taeyeon-unnie bring you to a romantic restaurant?"

"It was a lunch appointment." Tiffany rolled her eyes at Nicole who was giggling at her. "The restaurant had a nice ambience to it and the food was great. It was  quite romantic actually. Anyway, don't change the topic. What were the both of you talking about earlier? What application?"

"This crazy girl is planning to apply for the post of Taeyeon's secretary." Nicole answered while pointing to Bora who was smiling dorkily.

"What?!!" Tiffany had an expression as if she had heard something ridiculous. Folding her arms, she looked at Bora with an arched eyebrow. "Do you really like her a lot?"

Bora nodded her head instantly before breaking out into a sly smile when she saw Tiffany pouting. "But I know I can never win her heart. So I will just continue to like her. My Taeyeon Oppa."

"I still remember the first time when I saw her driving. She really looks so cool and y at the same time. I really wonder how she can look so feminine and masculine at the same time." Nicole replied as she and Bora seems to be in the mood to start fangirling over Taeyeon again.

"Yah!!! Can the two of you just stop it already?" Tiffany answered as she jumped off from the bed and walked towards her luggage, grabbing some of her belongings along the way.

"Why are you packing your stuff too? Isn't your flight to LA at tomorrow evening?" Bora asked.

"I might not be staying the night here." Tiffany replied while still concentrating on packing her belongings.

"Mwo? Then where do you plan to sleep?" Nicole was curious too as she closed her luggage since she was done packing.

"Taeyeon found out that I'll be alone here tonight so she offered me to sleepover at her place."

"Oh my god.. A sleepover? At her place? Just the two of you?" Bora was giving her remarks with a teasing tone as Nicole just chuckled along.

"She has a spare room. I'll be sleeping in that room. SEPARATELY." Tiffany emphasized her last words while she rolled her eyes at the two girls who were still giggling at her. "But I've not given her my answer yet, about staying over."

"Wae?!!" Bora and Nicole answered at the same time, causing Tiffany to be surprised.

"Why do the two of you sound more excited than I am?" Tiffany pointed at the two girls who were grinning dorkily at her. "What have the two of you been up to?"

The two of them shrugged their shoulders at the same time before giggling again.

"Maybe you can use the opportunity to ask Taeyeon-unnie about what really happened back then that lead to the break-up." Nicole suddenly said. "Because I could see from her eyes that she still have feelings for you."

"Just promise us something." Bora said as Tiffany turned to her direction. "Clear all your doubts with her before you leave Seoul. Express your true feelings even if you're afraid to do so. The future is full of uncertainty but never hold back because of your fear."

************************

"You're staying over at Taengoo's place?"

"Just the two of you?"

The shock on Sooyoung's and Yuri's face as they asked those questions were really comical as Tiffany covered to giggle while nodding her head.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon!! What else are you not telling us?" Sooyoung suddenly gave Taeyeon a headlock once the small girl had closed the boot of her car after placing Tiffany's luggage inside.

"We have yet to settle the previous score and you've already repeated your offense." It was Yuri's turn to comment as she pulled Taeyeon's right ear.

"Yah!!! Let me go.!! Ppany-ah...." Taeyeon suddenly called out to Tiffany as she mouthed out the word 'help me.'

"Soo, Yul.. Let her go." Tiffany said as the two girls grumbled and released Taeyeon. "She told me about what the two of you did to her at the restaurant. Don't do that again. Her back hurts."

Sooyoung and Yuri looked at Taeyeon with glaring eyes before they pouted. Jessica and Sunny just stood by the side to observe all the commotions while smiling and shaking their heads. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon had followed Bora and Nicole to the ticketing counter to assist them with their checking-in process.

"Wait a minute. Taeyeon told you what happened that day? As in she told you everything?" Jessica asked while looking at Taeyeon with doubtful eyes as Tiffany nodded her head.

"That's something new. I would never expect her to do so actually. Seeing how she likes to keep things to herself. But I'm glad she's opening up though." Sunny commented.

"It's not that I'm hiding it from all of you. I admitted to offering my place for Tiffany to stay over tonight but she has yet to confirm with me when we left the restaurant earlier. I was surprised when she brought along her luggage when we went to fetch Bora and Nicole earlier." Taeyeon explained as Tiffany nodded her head in agreement. "And what's with the offense? I'm not a criminal, okay."

This time round, Taeyeon was the one who glared back at Sooyoung and Yuri as the 3 of them stared at each other as if they were going to squabble again. Jessica grabbed Sunny's hands and dragged her friend to the ticketing counter.

"Fany-ah, since you'll be staying at Taeyeon's house tonight, just be careful okay." Yuri said as she quickly followed her wife.

"She's still a byuntae even after all these years." Sooyoung added on as she meronged at Taeyeon before calling out to Yuri to wait for her.

"Yah!!! That's not true." Taeyeon shouted before she turned to look at Tiffany who was laughing when she finally understood what Sooyoung and Yuri were trying to inform her. "Ppany-ah..."

Seeing Taeyeon's puppy eyes look, Tiffany continued laughing before running away to follow YulSic and SooSun.