Thank you

Goodbye, Hello

"Is everything okay? Is there too much work for you to handle?" Taeyeon peeked her head out from behind her office door.

Tiffany looked up and saw the cute expression on Taeyeon's face as her boss grinned dorkily at her. It's just been 3hrs since she started work and almost every 30mins, Taeyeon would come to check on her. Tiffany stood up and walked towards Taeyeon, before pushing the surprised looking girl back into her own office.

"Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany glared as she closed the door behind her. "Are you having doubts about my capability?"

"Anni." Taeyeon shook her head innocently before Tiffany pointed for her to return to her desk.

"You've been checking on me almost every 30mins, since we came back from lunch. What is that all about?" Tiffany took a seat opposite of Taeyeon.

"It's not that I don't believe in your capability. I just want to make sure that you're not overwhelmed by the workload." Taeyeon explained before breaking into a grin. "I still can't believe that I can just open the door and you'll be there. By the way, I'm not checking on you. I'm checking you out."

Taeyeon started to giggle before it turned into a full-blown laughter. Tiffany shook her head and gestured to Taeyeon to lean forward. The moment Taeyeon bended her body over the table, Tiffany kissed her on the cheek.

"Stop being so cute and concentrate on your work. I need to focus on mine too." Tiffany stood up as she made her way to the door, leaving a shocked looking Taeyeon who was still in that bended position.

"Ki.. Kiss.. Oh yeah!!" Taeyeon jumped up with her clenched fist as Tiffany saw her reactions before closing the door.

"Dork." Tiffany mumbled to herself as she sat at her table before smiling to herself.

2hrs later, Taeyeon walked out of her office and saw that Tiffany was busy at her table, looking through some documents. Leaning against the door, Taeyeon continued to observe Tiffany until her other staffs started to bid her goodbye since it was already 6pm.

"Ms Kim, we are leaving now. Bye."

A group of 5 girls waved at her as Tiffany looked up when she heard the commotion. Looking at the girls before turning to Taeyeon, she smiled when she saw Taeyeon giving her the cute dimple smile.

"How long have you been standing there?" Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and made her way to Tiffany's table. "Time to pack up. You have an appointment to attend to."

"Another appointment? Did I miss that out?" Tiffany grabbed her organiser at the side and flipped through the pages.

"It's a dinner appointment with me. There's a lot of things that we need to talk about. I couldn't talk much with you during lunch since Uncle Lee was there with us." Taeyeon pouted as Tiffany smiled.

"Arraseo. Let's go for dinner then. Give me 5 mins." Tiffany replied as she started to rearrange her paperworks while Taeyeon leaned back into the seat.

Beeping sounds soon distracted Taeyeon as she took out her phone.

KkabYul: Yah!! Kim Taeyeon!! Why aren't you meeting us for dinner tonight? Are you trying to keep Fany away from us?

ShikshinSoo: You should bring Fany to our hang out place, Midget. Hyo will be joining us too.

ChodingHyo: Unnie!!! I want to meet Fany-unnie. I miss her a lot. 

MidgetTae: Yah, Kim Hyoyeon!! Why are you not missing me at all?

DeerYoona: And why am I not back at Seoul to join all of you? Yul-unnie, find someone to replace me in Tokyo. :(

A giggle from her left side made Taeyeon lifted up her head to see Tiffany taking a peek at the groupchat. Taeyeon was so engrossed reading the messages that she didn't realised Tiffany was already done.

"You guys still kept the groupchat since high school?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon nodded her head. "Heol. Daebak."

"But we are active again only recently. Ever since I started to open up myself." Taeyeon admitted as Tiffany slide her arms into Taeyeon's.

"Shall we go and meet them for dinner? I think everyone deserve an explanation from me, including you." Tiffany suggested.

************************

"After he had informed me about the arrangement, I left Marina a message." Tiffany said as she explained that she had managed to get Marina's contact number when she met the girl at the cafe with Taeyeon. "Can you imagine how surprised I was when Marina said that Nicky had not contacted her at all."

"That means Nicky had asked someone to pretend to be Marina so that you will believe his words." Sooyoung guessed as Tiffany nodded her head. "See. I told you that he would do something like that."

Sooyoung showed an arrogant smirk at Taeyeon who just meronged at her.

"I then decided to seek Marina's help by asking her to meet me at the cafe where the meet-up will be held." Tiffany took a sip of her drinks before continuing her story.

(Flashback a few days ago)

Tiffany's POV

"I'm so glad that I had met you earlier and even got your contact details. I'm just going to see what he has planned so far." I said the moment I released Marina from my hug.

After Nicky told me that he had made arrangement for me to meet with the girl, whom he had seen Taeyeon kissing with, my first instinct was to contact Marina. I really thought that she was the one that Nicky was referring to but to my surprise, Marina told me that Nicky had not contacted her. Feeling that Nicky was up to no good, I decided to ask for Marina's help.

At the moment, the two of us were already at the cafe, an hour earlier than the time that I was supposed to meet Nicky. I told Marina to sit at a far corner of the cafe and should only come over to my table after I gave her a signal.

Taking a seat, slightly further away from Marina but still within her sight, I waited for Nicky to arrive.

"Hi Tiff. Did you wait long?" Nicky came up to me about 20mins later with his normal cheeky smile.

I shook my head and smiled a little at him as he sat opposite me. I looked around and didn't see anyone coming in with him.

"Where's the girl?" I asked, sounding a little eager.

"She will join us after her dinner. We should have our dinner too. It's been a while since we had dinner together." Nicky smiled again while I rolled my eyes at him.

"You should have informed me earlier about this. I've already had my dinner and was actually looking forward to meet the girl. Why don't you just eat your dinner and give me a call once the girl is here." I told him with a frustrated expression, causing Nicky to be surprised.

I was about to stand up to leave the table when he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"I'll give the girl a call. Maybe she's done with her dinner and can meet us earlier. Don't leave yet. Just let me call her first." Nicky tried to show his pathetic look as I sighed before sitting down again.

After making the call, both of us just sat there quietly until Nicky spoke again.

"You seem very eager to meet the girl. Aren't you afraid to hear the truth from her?" Nicky smirked as if he was very confident that I'll be disappointed soon. "If you knew the truth from her, would you leave Taeyeon and just stay in Tokyo?"

"Depends." I replied shortly, causing Nicky to frown.

"Isn't Taeyeon the reason as to why you're returning to Seoul?" He asked.

"I was referring to my decision as to whether I would leave her or not. I believe she must have a good reason for cheating behind my back." My reply seemed to sound funny to Nicky as he started to laugh.

"How can cheating have a good reason? Anyway, why don't you just leave her? It's not as if you can't get anyone better." Nicky said as I clenched my teeth. "For example, someone like me."

"Nicky, I thought I've made it clear to you since a long time ago." I sighed as Nicky tried to intercept me but I stopped him. "I only see you as a friend. Nothing more than that. Even after all these years, I don't have such feelings for you."

"I don't understand you at all. What am I lacking in? Comparing Taeyeon and me, I can guarantee you that a lot of other girls would definitely choose me over her." Nicky was starting to show his arrogant face.

"First of all, I'm not like other girls. Secondly, I've never compared you to her or vice versa. Both of you are different and it's not fair for me to compare both of you. Thirdly, I don't need you to understand me." I replied.

The atmosphere between us suddenly turned cold and awkward until a girl came up to our table and greeted Nicky.

"Hi Nicky." The girl smiled at him as I saw him grinning while standing up to shake her outreached hand. "You must be Tiffany."

I smiled at the girl as she sat beside Nicky who was acting like a super nice guy in front of me.

"You're really pretty. No wonder Nicky couldn't stop praising you when he talked to me about you. This guy is head over heels in love with you." The girl chuckled while Nicky was pretending to be shy as I just rolled my eyes at them. Sensing that I was not really in a good mood, the girl introduced herself as Ayumi.

"Nicky told me that you are going back to Seoul to get back together with your ex-girlfriend. Taeyeon, am I right?" Ayumi asked me as I could just nod my head. "I'm not sure if I should really tell you this but since Nicky had asked for my help, I don't have a choice. Taeyeon is not someone that you should be with."

I frowned when I saw how Ayumi continued to have a poker face on even when she was lying. 'Where the hell did Nicky managed to find such a good actress?'

"Ayumi, why don't you tell Tiffany about what happened that night at the pub?" Nicky tried to prolong the conversation when he noticed that I was keeping quiet.

"That night, I was there to celebrate my friend's birthday party. Everyone was enjoying themselves so I decided to go to the bar to ask for more drinks. A girl then came up to me and offered to buy me drinks. I accepted it since she looked like a nice person. She introduced herself as Taeyeon. While waiting for our drinks, we chatted for a while and she started to complain about her girlfriend to me. Suddenly, Taeyeon leaned forward and started kissing me on the lips. I think I must be slightly intoxicated at that time so I ended up returning her kisses until Nicky came up to us." Ayumi was very animated with her explanation while Nicky was just smirking at the side.

"I saw what Taeyeon was doing and felt angry because she was cheating behind your back." Nicky turned to look at me. "I went up to them and stopped her but Taeyeon just told me to mind my own business. I felt like punching her face but I didn't want to create a scene at the pub. Taeyeon pushed me away and left the pub with Ayumi. What happened next, I don't think you need Ayumi to elaborate more."

I sighed and rubbed my temples after both of them had stopped talking. Nicky must have thought that I had believed the story because he tried to rub his fingers on my hands. Pulling my hands away, I turned to look at Ayumi.

"When was the last time you saw Taeyeon?" I asked as Ayumi replied that she had only met Taeyeon once which was during that incident. "You must have a really good memory to actually remember everything including her name, even after so long. To be exact more than 4yrs ago. But you make it sound as if you've memorised the story for today's meet-up."

Ayumi was dumbfounded with my remarks as I turned to look at Nicky who was starting to look a little worried.

"Where did you manage to find such a good actress, Nicky? Because I know that the girl who was with Taeyeon that night was not her." I said as I watched how Nicky's eyes became wider in surprise.

"How.. how. did.. did you know?" Nicky stammered as I shook my head and flipped my fringe backwards. That was my signal to Marina who came to my table soon after.

(Present time)

"After Marina appeared, Nicky had no choice but to admit that everything was a lie. Ayumi was a part-time model that he had hired to lie to me. I even confronted him about the blackmailing that he did to Taeyeon. I told him that I had seen all the proof and there was no way that he could lie about it. He asked me to forgive him but I told him that I would only do so if he asked for forgiveness from her." Tiffany said as as she pointed to Taeyeon. "He told me that he would never do so and left the cafe with Ayumi."

Everyone just shook their heads after Tiffany ended her story.

"By the way, when did you decide to work as Taeyeon's secretary? I was so surprised when I saw you at lunch earlier." Jessica asked.

Besides Sooyoung and Sunny, the other girls only found out about it when YulSic met them during lunch. Hyoyeon was informed by Taeyeon through a call.

"I made the decision after she returned back to Seoul. After spending 4 days with her in Tokyo, it made me realised that I wanted to stay as close to Taetae as possible." Tiffany replied as she covered her face to hide her embarassment.

"Taetae?"

Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon started to laugh out loud when they realised that they had said out the question at the same time. 

"Gwenchana?" Taeyeon asked as she noticed that Tiffany was still feeling shy. "Yah!! The 3 of you. Stop laughing like idiots."

"So how did you manage to get the secretarial post? Did you go through Sunny?" Yuri asked after they had stopped laughing.

"I actually contacted Uncle Lee and sent in my resume to him. Sunny and Soo were not even aware of it until I came to meet them at Uncle Lee's house yesterday night." Tiffany answered.

"Both of us were surprised when she was there for dinner. It was only then did my father informed me about her request." Sunny added on her side of the story.

"Will you be staying at the hotel again tonight?" Sooyoung asked as Tiffany nodded her head.

"Why do you need to stay at the hotel when I have a spare room in my apartment?" Taeyeon asked with a confused look.

"You were not suppose to know of my arrival, remember? I've already booked the room for a week and hopefully, I can find a place to rent before the week ends." Tiffany pouted before Taeyeon poked her cheeks.

"You don't have to rent a place, pabo-yah. You can always stay with me." Taeyeon grinned as the rest of the girls started to squirm in their seats.

"What if our parents want to come over and visit you, Unnie?" Hyoyeon asked as she gave a cheeky smirk. "Are you going to share your room with Fany-unnie?"

Sooyoung and Yuri took turns to give Hyoyeon a high-five and cheered her on for asking a good question while Taeyeon just shook her head.

"Our parents can sleep in my room. I can always sleep on the couch in the living room." Taeyeon answered as Sooyoung and Yuri booed at her. "Yah, both of you!! Stop making me look like a ert."

Taeyeon showed her fist at her two bestfriends who continued to .

************************

"Thank you for sending me."

Tiffany smiled the moment she and Taeyeon stepped out of the lift. They walked towards her hotel room which was just a few doors away. Taeyeon looked around the corridor as if she was checking out the area.

"Luckily, everywhere is brightly lit up." Taeyeon said as she nodded her head at her own statement.

"Yah, do you think this is a motel? It's a five star hotel. Obviously, it's going to be safe." Tiffany rolled her eyes at Taeyeon as she pushed open the door to her room.

Taeyeon stopped abruptly in front of the door. "Can I come in?"

"What if I said no?" Tiffany replied with a teasing smile as Taeyeon pouted before breaking into a grin.

"Thank you for inviting me in." Taeyeon replied as she walked into the room, squeezing herself between Tiffany and the opened door. "This is nice."

Taeyeon walked to the bed and sat at the edge. The room was not really that big but for a single person, it's spacious enough. Tiffany shook her head and closed the door behind her.

"Do you want to stay the night?" Tiffany asked with a poker face as Taeyeon looked at her as if she had said something weird.

Taeyeon started to look around the room and frowned. "There's no couch for me to lie on."

"You can share the bed with me." Tiffany replied quickly as she almost giggled when Taeyeon's eyes widened.

"I.. I.. We.. ahhh... Bed? Same?" Taeyeon couldn't string out a proper sentence as Tiffany finally laughed at her.

"Why are you even stammering? We're just going to sleep. That's all. Just sleeping." Tiffany emphasized her last word as she covered to stop herself from laughing.

"I... I.. I know.. It's just that.. I... I.. I didn't bring extra clothes." Taeyeon replied as Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon's ears were turning red.

"You can always borrow mine, Taetae." Tiffany suggested as she took a seat beside Taeyeon. "I brought a lot of clothes."

Tiffany pointed to a corner of the room where Taeyeon saw 3 big luggages with 2 smaller ones.

"Did you move your whole house from Tokyo to here?" Taeyeon teased as Tiffany smacked her shoulders. "That's a lot of clothes. Mostly pink I guess."

"I do have other colors too, pabo. By the way, only the big luggages are clothes. The smaller ones are my cosmetics products and some toiletries." Tiffany explained as she walked over to her luggages to show Taeyeon.

"And that is really a lot of cosmetics products." Taeyeon shook her head as Tiffany just meronged at her.

No one said anything for the next 15 mins as Taeyeon just quietly observed Tiffany who was busy putting away her clothes into the closet and her cometics onto the dressing table.

"Ppany-ah, gomawo."

Tiffany stopped arranging her stuff and turned to face Taeyeon who was smiling at her.

"What's with the sudden saying of thanks?" Tiffany asked.

"For coming back into my life. For choosing to stay close with me." Taeyeon explained as Tiffany took a seat beside her. "Don't you regret leaving your job for me? I mean fashion is your passion."

Tiffany almost wanted to laught at Taeyeon's attempt to rhyme her words but she knew that Taeyeon was actually being serious at the moment.

"It would be a lie if I said that I don't regret it totally." Tiffany saw Taeyeon's expression change into a guilty one. "But it was not a decision of choosing between fashion or you. It was a decision of choosing between working with Nicky or working with you. I know how stubborn you are. If you said that you didn't want a secretary, it means that you won't want one at all and would rather carry all the workload on yourself. I don't know how you manage to cope with all that so far but since I'm here, I'm going to help."

"I thought you wanted to be my secretary because you were afraid that some other girl will try to flirt with me." Taeyeon smirked and received a light slap on her shoulders.

"Even if they flirt with you, I know your heart won't flutter." Tiffany flicked her hair and showed an arrogant look as Taeyeon teasingly gave a shocked expression. "Honestly, after you left Tokyo that day, I've never felt so lonely before. It seems that the loneliness has amplified after you left. It made me miss you more with each passing day."

"So you made the decision to travel to Seoul because you miss me a lot?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany nodded her head. "What if you get bored of me?"

"Then I'll just fly back to Tokyo or maybe fly home to LA." Tiffany answered without batting an eyelid.

"Yah!! How can you just leave and give up on me so easily?" Taeyeon pretended to be angry. "I'll make sure that you'll never get bored of me."

"Good. That's what I want to hear from you." Tiffany gave her totoro smile. "For now, I need my beauty sleep. It's already 11pm. By the way, have you decided yet? About sleeping over?"