Bestfriends

Goodbye, Hello

"Unnie, where are you? The meeting is going to start in 30mins time." Yoona was pacing around her office as she kept staring at the clock. "Arraseo. I'll wait for you."

Seohyun looked up from the files that she was staring earlier as Yoona sat down at her desk. "Is Sica-unnie going to be late?"

"She said that she's in the car and will be here in 5mins time. She had overslept but luckily, Sunny-unnie was around to wake her up. If not, she would only be awake at noon." Yoona replied as Seohyun shook her head.

"Just like you. If I don't wake you up, you'll do the same too. Jung siblings. The sleeping beauties." Seohyun said as she saw Yoona grinning dorkily at her.

"Did you call me a beauty? Aaawww... That's so sweet." Yoona chuckled when she saw Seohyun rolling her eyes at her. "Anyway, can you help me to check if Fany-unnie and her team had already arrived at the conference room? I'll go and wait for Sica-unnie at the lobby."

The two of them stood up and walked out from the office with Yoona pressing the lift down while Seohyun took the stairs to the conference room which was just a level above. The moment Yoona reached the lobby, she was surprised when she bumped into Tiffany and two of her colleagues who were waiting for the lift.

"Yoona?" Tiffany was shocked too. "Aren't you attending the meeting?"

"I am. I just need to settle some stuff. Why don't you and your team proceed to the conference room first? Seohyun is already there." Yoona said as she felt a vibration from her pocket.

The moment Tiffany and her team went into the lift, Yoona took out her phone to read the message from Seohyun who informed her that Tiffany was not there. She then quickly typed a reply to her girlfriend about her encounter with Tiffany at the lobby while she walked towards the building entrance. Yoona was about to keep her phone when it rang.

"Yah, Choding. Where are you?" Jessica's voice was heard from the other line.

"I'm on my way to meet you. Are you here yet?" Yoona asked as she looked towards the entrance.

"I'm already here. At the lift lobby. Wait a minute, I think I saw you. Why are you at the door entrance?" Jessica asked as Yoona turned around to see her sister exactly at the place where she was earlier.

Yoona quickly walked to her sister and pouted. "How come I didn't see you walking in from the entrance? I was here just a few seconds ago."

Knocking her sister's head lightly, Jessica chuckled and shook her head. "Sunny drove me here, remember. Obviously, I'll be coming from the carpark entrance, pabo-yah." Jessica said as she pointed to the side door beside the lift.

Yoona scratched her head and grinned dorkily at her sister as both of them entered the lift.

"Is she here already?" Jessica asked with reference to Tiffany as Yoona nodded her head. "Suddenly, I'm nervous about meeting her. It feels like we're meeting for the first time."

"You were cold towards her when you met her the first time, remember?' Yoona said as Jessica rolled her eyes at her. "Anyway, where's Sunny-unnie?"

"She went to park the car and will be waiting for us at the cafe in the lobby." Jessica replied as the lift stopped at the designated level. Taking a deep breathe, Jessica stepped out from the lift.

"Relax, Unnie. Everything will be fine. Fany-unnie will be very happy to see you." Yoona grabbed her sister's hand and held it tight as she led her sister to the conference room.

************************

Tiffany's POV

I smiled at Seohyun the moment I entered the conference room. My colleagues, Nicole and Bora greeted her and took their seats while Seohyun came up and bowed at me.

"Good morning, Fany-unnie. Did you have your breakfast already?" Seohyun asked as I nodded my head. Both my colleagues knew of my close relationship with Yoona and Seohyun so they didn't pay much attention to us.

"How about you, Seohyun? Have you taken your breakfast?" I asked as Seohyun smiled sweetly at me.

"Did you forget that I'm staying with a shikshin? She would never start work without eating breakfast and obviously I have to accompany her. She will throw a tantrum if I skip breakfast." Seohyun said as we giggled until we heard the door opened.

"Talking bad about me behind my back is it?"

I heard Yoona's voice as I turned around to greet her but I was shocked when I saw Jessica standing beside her. Both of our eyes locked on to each other and I saw how her eyes became teary before she looked up for a while. I was about to greet her when she walked away and sat at the head of the table. Her reactions caused some confusion between Yoona and Seohyun who quickly went to their seats while I sat down beside Nicole.

"Good morning everyone. I would like to introduce to you to my sister, Ms Jessica Jung who is also the secretary to the President of Jung Enterprise. She's one of our major shareholders and is here to oversee today's meeting and the progress of our designs." Yoona explained as everyone nodded their heads while Jessica maintained her cold aura.

As the meeting progressed on, I had to maintain my professionalism in front of everyone even though I was dying to hug Jessica and tell her how much I've been missing her. It seems that Jessica was trying to control herself too as I've caught her staring at me a few times. Knowing her, I understood the reason for her cold and non-chalant attitude in the meeting room.

"So I guess the meeting will be adjourned to next week. Thanks everyone. We'll see you around." Yoona stood up and bowed to me and my colleagues.

"Nicole, Bora. Can you both go ahead without me first? There's something that I need to discuss with Yoona." I said as they nodded their heads. Since I was the overall in charge of the project, they understood that I would sometimes stay behind to extend the meeting to discuss over minor details.

The moment Nicole and Bora steps out from the conference room, I was taken aback when Jessica suddenly hugged me. I saw Yoona and Seohyun smiling at us as they stood near the door. Giving me a signal that they would be leaving the room, I just nodded my head as I returned Jessica's hug. The moment my hands was wrapped tightly around her waist, I could feel her body shaking.

"Jessi? Are you okay? Why are you shivering?" I asked with a worried tone but there was no reply from her. I was about to push our body apart slightly when I realised that she was crying. "Oh my god, Jessi. Why are you crying?"

***********************

After about a minute of silent as Tiffany continued to pat Jessica's back in an attempt to stop her from crying, Jessica loosen her hand from Tiffany's waist. The two girls distanced themselves as Jessica sniffed and wiped away her tears.

"I miss you so much, Tiff." The soft reply from Jessica brought a smile on Tiffany's face.

"I know. I realised that the moment I saw you walking in from that door." Tiffany smiled as Jessica had a blank expression. "It's been a while since I saw your icy attitude. It reminds me of the first time that I met you."

"I'm not the only one who's here to see you, Tiff." Jessica said as she noticed Tiffany stiffening for a split second. Understanding her reaction, Jessica continued to explain that Sunny was waiting for them at the lobby cafe.

10mins later, 3 girls were seen seated at a corner of the cafe as they were chatting away and laughing at each other's stories. Reminiscing their times together when they were still studying in Korea, Jessica and Sunny were carefully avoiding any topics about Taeyeon.

"Both of you are just like Yoona and Seohyun." Tiffany suddenly said as Jessica and Sunny looked confused. "Just like both of you, they avoided talking about Taeyeon to me. I'm not that dense. I can see through it all."

"We didn't want to offend you in any way. We knew it's a sensitive topic for you." Jessica explained softly as she saw Tiffany giving a sad smile.

"It's been almost 4yrs since me and her...." Tiffany stopped talking as she bite her lips. "Whatever it is, I'm glad you both came to see me. How long will the both of you be here? Maybe I can show you around the town."

It was obvious to Sunny and Jessica that Tiffany was trying to change the topic. They noticed how Tiffany was still affected by the breakup with Taeyeon so they decided to just play along with her invitation.

The next few days was filled with shopping and dining around as the 3 girls spent time together around Tokyo. During one of their dinner trip to a Japanese restaurant, Tiffany was explaining excitedly to them about the restaurants's specialty which was grilled eel. Jessica and Sunny were not really into it so all of them ordered different meals. While waiting for the food to arrive, the girls continued chatting until Sunny's phone rang.

"SunnyBunny, when are you coming home?" Sooyoung's voice could be heard through the phone even though it was not on speaker mode.

Jessica and Tiffany chuckled at Sooyoung's attempt to speak in a cute voice to Sunny who was blushing. Jessica suddenly grabbed Sunny's phone and pressed the speaker mode.

"Yah, Shikshin. Your aegyo is disgusting." Jessica said as Tiffany covered to stifle her laughter while Sunny was slapping Jessica's arm.

"Yah!! Were you eavesdropping? My aegyo is only for my SunnyBunny. At least it's much better than your Seobang." Sooyoung answered back as Yuri's voice could be heard from the background.

"Is that my wife, you're talking to? I thought you said you're calling Sunny." Yuri said as the girls heard some shuffling sound through phone.

"Yah, KkabYul!! Give me back my phone." Sooyoung's shouting voice echoed as they heard some breathing sound.

"Sicababy... When are.. you.. coming.. back?" Yuri said while panting. "I miss....Arrgghhhh.."

Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany looked at each other with a confused look as they couldn't make out the weird sounds that was heard through the phone. Sunny took the phone from Jessica and started to call out for Yuri and Sooyoung.

"Hello? Hello? Yuri? Youngie? Are you both still there? What are the two of you doing? Why did Yuri shout earlier?" Sunny asked.

"I think those two dorks are fighting each other for the phone." Jessica guessed.

Tiffany continued to giggle until she suddenly stopped when she heard a familiar voice. She felt her heart missed a beat when the voice that she had not heard for almost 3yrs echoed through the phone.

"Yeoboseyo? Sunny-ah? Are you still on the line?" Taeyeon's voice caused Sunny and Jessica to automatically turned to look at Tiffany who had a blank expression. "Hello? Sunny? Sica? Yah!!! Can the two of you stopped it already?"

It was obvious that Taeyeon was scolding Yuri and Sooyoung since her voice was heard a distant away from the phone when she shouted compared to when she spoke earlier on.

"Taengoo, is everything okay?" Sunny asked slowly with her eyes still fixed on Tiffany.

"Everything is fine here. These two idiots were fighting over the phone. By the way, when are you and Sica coming back? I'm getting sick and tired of Yul's and Soo's complaints of missing the both of you for the past few days." Taeyeon said as Sooyoung and Yuri started to defend themselves from the background.

"But we really miss them a lot." Sooyoung said.

"There's no one to accompany us around especially at night when we have to sleep alone." Yuri added on.

"For god sake, they've only been away for 3 days. JUST 3 DAYS!! Trying going through all that for more than 3yrs." It was clear from Taeyeon's voice that she was gritting her teeth when she was saying all that.

Without Taeyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung realising, their conversation could be heard through the phone since Jessica had placed it on speaker mode earlier. Taeyeon must have handed the phone back to Sooyoung because her voice was soon heard through the phone.

"SunnyBunny? Oh my god. Is the phone still on speaker mode?" Sooyoung said. "Who else is there besides you and Sica?"

"Just the two of us." Sunny replied when she saw Tiffany shaking her head. "By the way, what have you and Yuri been doing until Taeyeon sounds pissed off?"

"We didn't do anything. We've just been hanging out at her apartment since the day you and Sica left for Japan." Sooyoung replied. "But I think me and Yul got her irritated with our constant complaining about not having you and Sica to accompany us around."

"We had forgotten that she had been leaving all by herself since 2yrs ago and didn't consider her feelings." Yuri said with a guilty tone.

"Taeyeon had just only recently opened up herself to us. Do you want her to go back to how she was before?" Jessica spoke into the phone with a stern voice as Sooyoung and Yuri kept apologising. "Kwon Yuri, we'll continue this talk once I'm back. Frankly speaking, I'm a little disappointed with your behaviour."

"You too, Choi Sooyoung." Sunny said before she ended the call.

Silence filled the air as Jessica and Sunny noticed that Tiffany seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. Dinner was served and as if nothing had happened, the 3 girls started to eat and even chatted about other topics. It was not until they were walking to the car, that Tiffany stopped suddenly causing Jessica and Sunny to stopped in their tracks too.

"What happened to Taeyeon after I went back to the States?"