Finding the truth

Goodbye, Hello

"What time will Yoona be calling you?" Sunny immediately asked, the moment Yuri opened her apartment door.

"Yah!! Do you know what time is it now? It's only 10am." Sunny walked past a nagging Yuri. "Sica is still sleeping and I'm sure Yoong is not awake too."

"Morning Yul." Sooyoung stood by the door and grinned at a dishevelled looking Yuri. "Mianhae for disturbing you so early. Ever since the message you sent us last night, my SunnyBunny got so excited that she woke up at 8am."

Yuri shook her head and gestured at both Sooyoung and Sunny to the living room while she went to take some drinks for them.

"Yul, do you have anything to eat for breakfast?" Sooyoung asked to which Yuri said that she didn't have anything.

"I'll wash up first then maybe you can follow me to get some breakfast for the 4 of us." Yuri suggested to Sooyoung who nodded her head. 20mins later, Yuri was all ready to go out. "Sunny, help me to inform Sica that I went out to buy breakfast, just in case Sica wakes up before I return."

In the car,

"Hey Yul. Did you inform Taengoo about Yoong's phone call?" Sooyoung asked the moment the car left the carpark.

"I didn't. I don't know how to tell her though." Yuri replied with her eyes focusing on the road. "Sica was already emotionally affected yesterday night just by the mere mention of Fany's name. I can't imagine how Taengoo will react."

"I had a talk with Sunny last night after your message and there were some things that made me think." Sooyoung started to tell Yuri about the conversation that she had with Sunny last night.

"Jinjja? Me and Sica were also talking about it before Yoona called us. So is it really all about Taengoo's insecurities and Fany being tired of all that?" Yuri had a frown on her face while Sooyoung just shrugged her shoulders.

Both of them stopped talking until Yuri stopped her car beside a restaurant.

"I think that, no matter what the reason was, both of them are at fault. Taengoo for her rash decision and Fany for not being sensitive to Taeng's feelings." Sooyoung said the moment she exited the car.

"But if I was Fany, I'll get tired too if I have to keep proving myself to Taengoo that those guys were just friends." Yuri pointed out.

"I kept thinking since last night, as to why didn't Taengoo discuss these over with us? Usually if she encounters some problem, she would talk it out with us." Sooyoung stopped right in front of the shop as Yuri paused her hand from pushing the door.

"But Taengoo always can't think straight when it comes to Fany. Remember the time when she accused me and Fany of having an affair just because I left for the States with Fany. Do you think Taengoo accidentally ask for a break-up without thinking it through and the rumors about Fany dating that guy was the reason as to why she didn't try to salvage the situation?" Yuri's words made the two of them froze just outside of the restaurant as they realised the possibility of the truth in that.

"The worst part is, none of us tried to help them in anyway. All of us seem to just accept the fact that both of them had broken up." Sooyoung sighed as they walked in and started to place their orders for takeways.

"Maybe because deep down inside, we always believed that they'll get back together eventually. Until we didn't realised that it's already been dragging on for almost 4yrs since then." Yuri had a look of regret on her face as Sooyoung just nodded her head.

********************************

"Wow!! Is there a party at your place Unnie? Hi, Unnies!!!" Yoona waved at the screen and did her alligator-like laughter.

"Yah, Jung Yoona. I can see everything in your mouth. By the way, where's Seohyun?" Sunny asked.

At the moment, the girls were skyping with Yoona. Jessica and Yuri were seated beside each other on the floor while Sooyoung and Sunny were seated on the couch behind them.

"Hyunnie's in the shower. She just finished her meditation. So, what's with the gathering?" Yoona asked as she grabbed a bag of chips beside her.

"Can you send me those chips, Yoong? I've already finished the ones you gave me when you came back the last time." Sooyoung suddenly spoke, intercepting Yuri who was about to talk.

"Okay. I'll send a dozen boxes over by express delivery. They should reach you in 3 days time." Yoona replied, once again intercepting Yuri.

"Yah!!! Can the two of you stop intercepting me?" Yuri turned around to grab Sooyoung's collar. "Stop talking about food. We have an important agenda today."

"Where exactly did you meet Fany, Yoong?" This time round it was Sunny who intercepted as Yuri glared at her. "Mwo? You were taking your own sweet time to ask."

Yuri rolled her eyes as everyone waited for Yoona to reply.

"It was during yesterday's meeting. I didn't know that she was working with our Japanese counterparts." Yoona explained as Seohyun appeared on screen.

"Annyeo.. Omo omo omo... I didn't know there was so many people online. Sica Unnie, Yul Unnie, Soo Unnie and Sunny Unnie, annyeonghaseyo." Seohyun greeted and even bowed slightly to the girls.

"Hyunnie, you don't have to be so formal to them." Yoona said as she laughed again.

"Don't corrupt Seohyun's mind to become like yours. All you do is play around and laugh like an alligator." Sunny nagged causing Yoona to laugh again.

"Anyway, back to the topic. Did she look surprise to see both of you at the meeting?" Yuri asked.

"Who is Yul unnie referring to?" Seohyun asked Yoona who then told her that they've been talking about Tiffany. "Ohh, Fany unnie. I can still remember her shocked expression when she saw us. After the meeting, she said that she had a tingling feeling of familiarity when she saw the name 'Jung Enterprise' on the proposal file handed to her two days ago."

"How.... How... Is she?" It was the first time that Jessica spoke and she stammered with her question as Yuri wrapped her arms on her wife's shoulders.

"Fany-unnie became prettier and even colored her hair. But even though she chatted with us like how she used to, I felt like there's something missing when I look at her." Yoona replied.

"There was no spark in her eye-smile. That's what I felt." Seohyun added on to which Yoona nodded her head in agreement.

"It's like there was a tint of sadness even when she was smiling." Yoona commented. "Just like Taeng unnie."

There was a sudden silence after Yoona ended her sentence until Sooyoung spoke up.

"Everyone, I think it's time we step-in to do something about this. It has dragged on for too long. But before that, I've got a question. Is Tiffany married?"

"She's not. I managed to dig up some info on her from the staff around. She's exactly like Taeng unnie. Not married and workaholic." Yoona answered.

"But Yoong, she might be attached since the staff doesn't know what she does outside of work." Seohyun commented.

"What Seohyun said is true. Is there anyway that both of you can find out more? The best is if you could get the answer from Fany herself." Yuri suggested as Yoona and Seohyun gave an 'okay' sign.

"Soo, you said that we need to do something about what?" Jessica asked while looking lost as usual.

"We need to bring back the old Taengoo and hopefully, if my guts feeling is right, I think we could even revive TaeNy. But we need Hyo's help in this." Sooyoung replied. "She's the only one that might be able to get Taengoo to confess her true feelings."

********************************

ChodingHyo: What's up everyone!!

DeerYoona: Hyoyeonie.... I miss you.

KkabYul: Yah, shouldn't both of you greet your Unnies properly?

ShikshinSoo: I agree with Yul.

ChodingHyo: Yah, Choi Sooyoung. You're the same age as me and Yoong, stop acting like an Unnie. Anyway, how come this is a new groupchat and only the 4 of us are in it?

DeerYoona: Because we're going to have a mission soon and will be acting as undercovers.

ChodingHyo: Undercovers? Wow, the last time we did this was during high school.

ShikshinSoo: True. That time we were trying to find out about what our girlfriend's opinion about us.

KkabYul: But now, she's my wife and also your fiancee. If only TaeNy had lasted, I believe they could already have kids by now.

ChodingHyo: Kids? How is that even possible?

KkabYul: It's just a figurative speech, Hyo. They were the first two among us to be coupled up.

For the next 10mins, no one replied to the groupchat until Sooyoung sent the next message.

ShikshinSoo: Let's stop dwelling on the past. Right now, there's something more important that we need to do. A few days back, Yoong informed us that she and Seohyun had met up with Fany during one of their meetings in Japan.

ChodingHyo: Mwo?! Jinjja?! Omo omo omo... Daebak. How is Fany unnie? Is she married or attached or still single?

DeerYoona: Jinjja. It's true. She's gotten prettier and for your questions, I'll be doing the mission to find out more about her latest status.

KkabYul: Why do you sound so interested anyway, Hyo?

ChodingHyo: I had a feeling that she'll be just like Taeng unnie. I bet she became workaholic too.

ShikshinSoo: Wow! How did you manage to guess so accurately?

ChodingHyo: Both Fany unnie and Taeng unnie are always passionate about what they do.

KkabYul: That's true. Anyway, we're not sure if she's attached or single but at least she's not married. Hyo, can you do us a favour?

ChodingHyo: What favour?

ShikshinSoo: We need you to try to find out about your Unnie's feelings with regards to Fany.

ChodingHyo: Unnie's feelings? Her feelings never change. She still loves Fany unnie a lot. Which was why she rarely come back home. Her room at home has remained unchanged since she left for Japan for her studies. Their photos and couple items are still intact in that room.

DeerYoona: But Taeng unnie had moved out. Won't that mean she's trying to move on and forget about all that memories stored in that room?

ChodingHyo: I don't think so. If she had wanted to move on, she could have just revamped her room. Furthermore, Taeng unnie loves Fany unnie a lot. That's why she regretted breaking up with her because of her own stupidity. But instead of trying to resolve the issue, she ran away to Japan.

ShikshinSoo: Her own stupidity? You mean her insecurities?

ChodingHyo: Insecurities? I didn't know about that. All I knew was that she was blackmailed by a guy who said that he had a photo of Taeng unnie kissing another girl in a pub. But unnie told me that she couldn't remember at all since she was drunk at that time.

KkabYul: Wait a minute. How come we didn't know about all these? Since when was Taengoo drunk and since when did she kissed another girl beside Fany?

DeerYoona: This is getting more complicated. Who was the guy who was blackmailing her?

ChodingHyo: I don't really know the details. All these info, I got it when Taeng unnie came back home drunk one day. It was during the time when she was still staying with us and was still working for Appa. Luckily our parents were not home at that time.

ShikshinSoo: Yul, do you remember there was one time both of us went for a double date and came back to find Taengoo missing from the dorm. We tried to call her but no one answered. I wanted to call Fany but you said that since it was already past midnight, we shouldn't disturb her. In the end, we concluded that Taengoo might have gone back home for the weekend.

KkabYul: I remember now. The next day, we found her on the couch in the living room and she kept saying that she's having a bad headache. Do you think she was drunk the night before?

ShikshinSoo: I think so. But what makes Taengoo went to the pub alone and even got herself drunk?

Once again, the groupchat became silent for the next 10mins until Hyoyeon sent a message.

ChodingHyo: Actually, there was once Taeng unnie confided in me. She said she had always felt lonely when she's at the dorm. Fany unnie seems to have a lot of on-going school projects while the rest of you were busy spending time with your own partners. The fact that she had to handle a double degree adds on to her burden. She told me not to tell anyone and that she's just saying it to me as a form of releasing her tension. With regards to the kissing, she found out that it was all lies and a set-up by the same guy who blackmailed her. I will never forget his name. Nicky.

ShikshinSoo: MWO?!!

KkabYul: MWO?!!

DeerYoona: Who is Nicky?

(*Yoona, Seohyun and Hyoyeon didn't attend the same university as Yuri, Jessica, Sunny, Sooyoung, Tiffany and Taeyeon.)