Reunion

Goodbye, Hello

"Hi."

Taeyeon grinned as she waved her hands on the screen displayed on her laptop.

"Hey... Did you just finished showering?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon nodded her head and continued to dry her hair with the towel. "Don't tell me you've just finished work? It's already 10pm."

"I finished work at 6pm just now but I went for dinner with Soo and Yul until around 8pm. Then the 3 of us went to a pub to chill and have some bonding time." Taeyeon explained and put aside the towel.

"Pub huh? You didn't get yourself drunk or find any pretty girls there?" Tiffany asked with a teasing smirk as Taeyeon meronged at her.

"There were a few pretty girls but not my type. My alcohol tolerance has improved a little over the years but I'm sure yours is much much higher now."

Both of them ended up laughing as they continued to talk about random topics. Taeyeon and Tiffany had been skyping together since 2 weeks ago. The first time they skyped was 3 days after Tiffany returned to Japan from LA. Taeyeon was the one who initiated the idea.

"By the way, how is the bruise?" Tiffany asked, referring to the one that Taeyeon had gotten during the viking ride with Bora and Nicole."

"It's almost gone." Taeyeon replied as she saw Tiffany pointing her fingers upwards repetitively at her t-shirt. Taeyeon understood that Tiffany wanted her to show the bruise so she lifted it up. "See. It's getting better, right? I followed your advise on putting ice over it."

Tiffany squinted her eyes and bent slightly forward, an attempt to try to look at the screen closer. "Since when do you have abs?"

"Yah!!" Taeyeon quickly pulled down her t-shirt to cover her stomach as Tiffany started to laugh. "Byuntae. ert Miyoung."

Tiffany stopped laughing when she heard Taeyeon calling her by her Korean name. She remembered that she hated it when others called her by that name except for Taeyeon. When Taeyeon saw that Tiffany had stopped laughing, a frown appeared on her forehead as she thought that she had said something wrong.

"Is everything okay, Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked with a worried tone. "Are you upset that I called you by your Korean name?"

Tiffany shook her head and smiled. "It's been a while since I heard someone calling me that. Reminded me of Omma." When Tiffany saw that Taeyeon was about to apologise, she quickly changed the topic. "By the way, regarding the reunion next week, I'm not sure if I can make it."

"Wae?" Taeyeon pouted cutely, making Tiffany giggled at her.

"Are you planning something, Kim Taeyeon? Seeing the way you're reacting, I suspect that you have something up your sleeves." Tiffany pointed a finger at Taeyeon who just shrugged her shoulders. "Anyway, on the day of the reunion, I have to attend a meeting in the morning so I'm not sure if I could make it."

"Can't you find a replacement? Is it another meeting with Jung Enterprise? I can ask Yul to reschedule the meeting." Taeyeon suggested eagerly.

"No. It's not with Jung Enterprise. Actually, it's with.... Nicky's company." Tiffany hesitated with her answer, worried that Taeyeon would be upset.

"Ouuhh.." Taeyeon answered shortly, avoiding Tiffany's eyes as she continued to just nod her head.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked, expecting her to say that she was fine.

"I'm upset. But there's nothing that I can do, right? I mean it's your job." Taeyeon pouted again as she folded her arms, looking like a spoilt kid.

"Yah.. Kim Taeyeon.. Since when did you become so cute? Acting like a spoilt kid, making me feel like kissing your pouting cheeks." The moment Tiffany realised what she had said, it was too late as she covered and noticed the dorky grin on Taeyeon's face. "I.. I.."

Taeyeon laughed out like an ahjumma as Tiffany laughed along nervously. Both girls were obviously trying to hide the awkwardness that had appeared between them because of Tiffany's remarks.

"Ppany-ah, it's almost midnight now. Shall we rest for the night?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany nodded her head. "I hope you could make it for the reunion though. Anyway, good night. Sweet dreams."

"You too, Taeyeon. About the reunion, I'll see what I can do, okay?" Tiffany said as Taeyeon nodded her head with a smile.

************************

"So what do you think?" Sunny looked at Taeyeon who had just removed her headphones.

"Considering what you and Andy had done, at least I'm satisfied with the singing." Taeyeon said as she turned to glare at Andy who was seated in front of them. "But why is she singing only some of the verses?"

"I was planning for this to be a duet. So.. I'm still looking for another singer." Sunny smiled as Taeyeon pouted. "Hey, are you still upset about this whole thing?"

Taeyeon nodded her head and rolled her eyes at Andy who was already giggling. Pointing her finger at the man, she started to nag. "I can't believe that you recorded the song that I had composed that day. I told you that it was not good."

"But I find it good enough. All I need was some minor adjustments and the whole song is completed. It's just too bad that Sunny caught me listening to it a few weeks ago. I didn't expect her to ask you to complete the lyrics in such a short notice though." Andy explained.

"She was practically breathing down my neck for the lyrics." Taeyeon commented as she pointed at Sunny.

"Don't lie, Kim Taeyeon. I can sense that you've actually had the lyrics in mind when you composed the song." Sunny glared at Taeyeon who meronged at her.

"By the way, who was the singer who sang my song just now? I don't think I've heard her voice before. Is she a singer in the company?" Taeyeon asked as Sunny shook her head.

"She's not our singer. Maybe not yet. I gave her this song to try it out. If she's good enough, maybe I'll offer her a contract." Sunny explained as Taeyeon and Andy nodded their head.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Japan

"Yoona... Thank you so much. You don't know how much I really appreciated your help." Tiffany smiled happily at Yoona and Seohyun who were accompanying her for lunch.

"You were lucky that Yoona's friend had agreed to fly out during that timing, using his own private jet." Seohyun asked after she saw Yoona giving Tiffany a piece of paper that contents the contact details of Yoona's friend who was a pilot.

"I've always wanted to plan a surprise event like this. But obviously, I can't do it all on my own." Tiffany said as smiled brightly at the two young girls. "That is why I needed all the help I can from all of you. Your friend's help will ensure that I'll be able to make it to there on time and as planned."

"The event is in 2 days time. Have you prepared your outfit for the event already?" Seohyun asked as Tiffany nodded her head while taking out her phone and showing Seohyun something. "You're planning to wear that?"

"Not a dress?" Yoona, who took a peek at the photo, commented as Tiffany shook her head. "I guess a dress is too main stream for a fashion designer like you."

************************

Sooyoung and Yuri had their jaws dropped the moment they saw Taeyeon stepped out from her car. Even Sunny and Jessica were surprised to see Taeyeon in an all white attire, making her way towards them.

"Wow.. Kim Taeyeon. Since when did you become so pretty?" Yuri commented the moment Taeyeon approached them.

"Are you trying to flirt with me, Kwon Yuri?" Taeyeon smirked before she saw Jessica glaring at her. "We're just.. kidding."

Sunny and Sooyoung laughed when they heard Taeyeon's voice cracked while answering Jessica. At the moment, the 5 of them had made their way to the lobby of the hotel where their university reunion was held.

"So, Taengoo. What time will Tiffany be arriving?" Sooyoung asked as Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. "Don't tell me she's not coming?"

"I'm not sure, Soo. She has a meeting in the morning with Nicky's company so I'm not sure if she can make it here." Taeyeon replied with a straight face.

"Nicky's company? Why is she still meeting him even after knowing the truth?" Yuri asked with an angry tone.

"It's her job, Yul. Chill." Taeyeon answered as she patted Yuri's back, causing the other girls to be surprised. "She already knew the truth so I think we shouldn't worry so much about that."

Soon, all their former classmates gathered around them. They were excited to see Taeyeon again after she didn't attend the reunion for the past few years. Most of them were curious to know about what Taeyeon had been doing since the last time they saw her was before she left for Japan. Taeyeon was getting a little uncomfortable with all the attention on her as she just grinned and chuckled to most of the questions. Sooyoung and Yuri noticed it so they decided to help her friend out by grabbing her away from the crowd.

"I think they've already opened the door to the ballroom for us to enter. Let's go in, shall we?" Jessica said as they made their way inside.

Their table was placed at the right hand corner of the ballroom, somewhere near the stage. The 5 of them were seated together at the round table which can accomodate up to 8 person. Even after they were seated, there was still a lot of eyes looking at them.

"Yah, Taengoo. I think it's a good idea for you not to attend the reunion next year. I can't stand all the attention that you're getting right now." Yuri said as she rolled her eyes at Taeyeon who was just grinning away.

"It's either they've never seen her dressed up like that before or they're really curious about her current updates. Whatever it is, I'm just here for the food." Sooyoung chuckled.

"Taeyeon, there's something that I had forgotten to tell you." Sunny said as Taeyeon could sense that something bad was going to happen. "Remember the song that you've composed? I've actually volunteered it to be one of the performance today under our company's name contribution."

"Mwo?" Taeyeon's eyes almost popped out. "What the hell, Sunny? You're just telling me now?"

"Yah!! Stop glaring at my fiancee. What's the issue actually?" Sooyoung asked as Sunny explained everything to her and YulSic.

"Wow.. So we are going to get to listen to a song composed by our very own Kim Taeyeon? Daebak.. Song writer and composer." Yuri clapped her hands and showed a thumbs up to Taeyeon who was sighing.

"Why, Taeyeon? You sound upset." Jessica asked.

"Because that song is actually special to me. It's a song that I composed while thinking about Tiffany." Taeyeon admitted. "I didn't tell Sunny about it because I didn't expect that she'll have such a big impression on it."

"You should be proud of your work, Taeyeon. My girl is always picky when it comes to song selection." Sooyoung said as she smiled at Sunny. "By the way, who's the singer for the song?"

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and was about to say that she was not aware of it when their attention was diverted to the stage. The MC for the night had appeared and was busy entertaining the crowd as dinner was served, one course at a time. Soon, everyone was busy concentrating on the food and the performance on stage. Taeyeon was lost in her own thoughts while Sunny and Jessica were busy whispering something to their own partners.

30mins later, Sunny and Jessica excused themselves to the Ladies. Sooyoung, Yuri and Taeyeon were happily enjoying the food that all they did were to nod their heads at the two girls who were leaving the table.

"Hey, Taeng. I thought that you had something planned for this reunion which was why you wanted Tiffany to attend it." Sooyoung asked as Taeyeon took a sip out of her drink.

"Actually I did plan something but since Tiffany might not even be coming, I shoved the plan aside." Taeyeon explained.

"What did you actually plan to do?" Yuri asked and Taeyeon was just about to answer her when Sunny came back to the table, looking flustered and as if she was in a rush.

"This is bad. This is really bad." Sunny was panicking, causing Sooyoung to be worried.

"Is everything okay, SunnyBunny? What's wrong?" Sooyoung asked as she rubbed Sunny's back in an attempt to calm her down.

"Remember when I said about the performance earlier. It seems that one of the singers is still not here yet and I'm left with only 10mins before the performance." Sunny explained while breathing hard.

"Really? That's not good since the performance is under your company's name. See. It's even written in the event list. Performance by Lee Entertainment." Yuri said as she showed the girls a piece of paper. "This will affect your company's image, Sunny. Uncle Lee won't be happy about this."

Taeyeon saw Yuri shaking her head with a solemn expression. Hearing that Uncle Lee might be upset about this whole matter. Taeyeon felt that she need to step up to do something about it since she had always been thankful to Uncle Lee.

"Sunny, let me sing then." Taeyeon said, causing Sooyoung, Yuri and Sunny to look at her. "You said that only one of the singers couldn't make it right? I'll take over her part then."

"Are you sure you can do it, Taengoo? It'll make it worse if you can't perform later on." Sooyoung said.

"Don't worry. This is my song. Obviously I can do it." Taeyeon said with confidence as Sunny hugged her tight.

"Thank you so much, Taeyeon. I really appreciate it." Sunny replied.

Taeyeon nodded her head, feeling happy that she could help out but what she didn't see was the thumbs up and the cheeky grins that Yuri and Sooyoung were giving to Sunny behind her back.

"By the way, where's Sica?" Taeyeon asked as she followed Sunny to the back of the stage to prepare for the performance.

"Sica? I think she's still in the Ladies. She might be having a stomach upset." Sunny replied nonchalantly, making Taeyeon frowned a little. "Here. We have to stay here until someone informs us to get to the stage."

The two of them stopped at a small alley that led up to the side of the stage. There were some chairs against the wall and Taeyeon noticed 4 chairs which had the name 'Lee Entertainment' sticker on it. She also noticed a few other performers who were sitting around. Some of them were their former classmates or schoolmates and some were new faces. Taeyeon sat down beside Sunny on the chairs that were designated for them

"You said that only one of the singers couldn't make it. So where is the other one? I don't see anyone here." Taeyeon asked as she saw Sunny looking around as if she was finding someone.

"Sunny-shi, 5mins to standby." A young girl came up to them as Sunny nodded her head and said her thanks.

"Yah.. Mwoya? Where's the other girl? You don't expect me to sing alone, right?" Taeyeon started to panic as Sunny just ignored her and continued to look around. "Yah, Lee Soonkyu.. It's a duet song.. A duet.."

Sunny started to giggle when she saw how panicky Taeyeon was at the moment. She pointed at Jessica who was walking towards them. Taeyeon was about to say something but her eyes became wider by the seconds when she saw the person who was walking behind Jessica.

"You..you.. you are the singer? My du...duet.. par.. partner?" Taeyeon stammered as the girl in front of her could only gave her a smile. A beautiful eye-smile.

************************

"Ladies and gentleman, next up we have a performance sponsored by our very own former schoolmate, Sunny Lee. Her company, Lee Entertainment has volunteered to entertain us with a new song which has yet to be released to the public. The best thing about this song, it is actually composed and self-written by another of our very own schoolmate, Kim Taeyeon. So without further ado, let's welcome the singers on stage."

Everyone clapped their hands when the MC ended her speech and the applause became louder especially when they saw Tiffany and Taeyeon appearing on stage, with their hands entwined. The two girls walked up to the MC and greeted everyone.

"So, Taeyeon-shi. Do you by any chance remember me?" The MC smiled flirtatiously at Taeyeon who nodded her head. "You used to be quite nerdy back then but now, you look.."

"Hot and charming." Tiffany intercepted her words as everyone continued cheering while Taeyeon was smiling shyly at Tiffany's compliments.

"If I remembered correctly, both of you used to be together, am I right?" The MC, who was clearly unhappy with Tiffany's interception, smirked evilly at Tiffany.

Before Tiffany could answer, Taeyeon intercepted her. "That's right. We got separated for a while because of our own mistakes but we are working on our flaws now and maybe, who knows, we might even get back together."

"Is that why both your outfits compliments each other?" The MC asked since both of them were wearing a totally white attire.

"I didn't know that Taeyeon would be wearing something similar to me." Tiffany answered truthfully but teasing jeers from the crowd seemed to suggest that they didn't believe her. "It's true. I really didn't know."

"Actually, what Tiffany said was the truth. We didn't plan our outfits together. I didn't even know that she's attending the reunion. But I think there's something lacking in her outfit. Don't you think so?" Taeyeon asked the MC as she pointed to Tiffany, who was looking down at her own attire.

"What do you think is lacking, Taeyeon-shi?" The MC asked to which Taeyeon smirked.

"A pair of angel wings." Taeyeon answered as another round of uncomfortable jeerings were heard from the ground while Tiffany blushed.

"I can see that some of your friends are squirming in their seats so before someone started to puke let's talk about the song instead. Lost in Love. A song written and composed by you. Would you like to elaborate more on the song?" The MC asked Taeyeon.

"Honestly, I wrote this song while thinking about Tiffany whom I had not meet for almost 4yrs but through a miracle, I managed to see her again last month. I didn't expect that she will be singing this song as a duet with me but I hope that just by listening to the lyrics, my feelings will be conveyed to her." Taeyeon replied as she grinned nervously at Tiffany who was blushing.

"So, Tiffany-shi. How did you end up singing this duet with her?" The MC diverted the attention to Tiffany.

"It was all thanks to my bestfriend, Sunny. She called me up a few weeks back and told me to listen to a song, along with the lyrics which she had emailed over. Sunny told me that it was written and composed by Taeyeon. The track that she sent me, was a rough recording of Taeyeon's voice singing along to the song. Reading through the lyrics, I felt a deep connection to the song so I asked Sunny if I could sing some parts of it to which she agreed." Tiffany explained. "And just for Taeyeon's info, I understood her message through the song."

"I believe everyone here is dying to hear this song so let's not waste anymore time and give them a round of applause." The MC announced as she walked away from the stage and the applause toned down soon after.