Unexpected

Goodbye, Hello

"Why do I have to fly there?" Tiffany frowned as Bora shrugged her shoulders.

"Mr Nakamura said that the final presentation will have to be done in their main head office itself. Representatives from Jung Enterprise, especially the President and Chairman, will be there too. This collaboration is the first time for both companies and since you're the overall in charge of this project, Mr Nakamura obviously wants you to be there." Bora explained, conveying what their boss had told her earlier.

Tiffany had took a half-day leave today and had just reported to work after lunch. She had overslept in the morning due to some paperworks that she had stayed the whole night trying to finish it up which was why she was not able to attend the morning meeting with Mr Nakamura, her boss. Bora had been in-charge to inform her of the details of the meeting.

"But I don't want to go back there." Tiffany mumbled to herself as she leaned back into her chair.

"You don't want to go there?" Without Tiffany realising, Bora had actually overheard her mumbles. "But why? I thought you love to travel? Our overseas projects are mostly handled by you and you have no problem travelling to LA, New York and even China before."

Tiffany was about to say something but she held herself back as she just shook her head. "Can't you and Nicole go instead as my replacement? Both of you are also part of the team and have been with me throughout the project. You won't have any problem presenting it to the Jung Enterprise."

"Who says that we're not going?" Bora said to the confused looking girl in front of her. "Me, Nicole and you will be flying there to present our final products to the President and Chairman of Jung Enterprise. Since they have invested a lot on us, Mr Nakamura expects everything to be in top-notch by this Thursday for us to show it to him first."

Tiffany sighed as Bora excused herself. The moment Bora left her office, Tiffany took out her phone and started to dial Yoona's number.

"Yoona?"

"Hi Fany-Unnie. What's with the sudden phone call? Did you miss me already?" Yoona giggled cheekily.

"Of course I miss you but right now, I need your help. It's about the upcoming meeting between Jung enterprise and Nakamura Holdings. Is there any way you can change the venue for the meeting?" Tiffany bite her lips as she was hoping for a positive response from Yoona.

"Change the venue? You mean the final meeting between our companies before we launch the summer collection?" Yoona asked to reconfirm Tiffany's request.

"Yes. That meeting which will be held in 2 weeks time." Tiffany replied.

"If I remember correctly, that meeting will be held in our main office in Seoul. Why do you want to change the venue, Unnie?" Yoona's question dampened Tiffany's hope.

"I... I... I don't feel like going to Seoul." Tiffany decided to just be honest with Yoona.

"Ouhhh... I understand your reason for that, Fany-unnie but my Appa is no longer strong enough to fly out of the country which is why most of our final meetings with our partners will be held in our main office. I hope you can understand my position too." Yoona explained. "Maybe you can find someone to replace you if you really don't want to come to Seoul. I can talk to Yul-unnie about your absence. I'm sure she'll be able to understand."

After hearing Yoona's suggestion, Tiffany was tempted to agree to it but something was stopping her to do so. "Yoona, I'll think about it first. Furthermore, I'm in-charge of this project. Sending a replacement because of my past does not reflect nicely on my profesionalism. By the way, thanks for the suggestion."

The moment the phone conversation ended, Tiffany took a deep breathe before she closed her eyes and leaned back into her chair.

*************************

"I thought you said that you didn't want to go to Seoul?" Bora asked as she followed Tiffany to her office.

"She didn't want to go? Then who is suppose to handle the presentation? It's obviously won't be me. I've got stage fright." Nicole shook her head vigorously as she looked at Bora and Tiffany.

The 3 of them had just returned from the final meeting with Mr Nakamura before they were scheduled to attend the meeting with Jung Enterprise in Seoul.

"Don't worry. I've decided to attend the meeting with both of you. I'm in charge of this project and I don't want to burden any of you with extra work. Both of you had been a great help to me so far." Tiffany explained as she sat down on her chair.

"By the way, who were you messaging earlier during the meeting? I saw that you kept smiling while reading the messages." Bora asked while she arranged the files that she had carried earlier and placed them on Tiffany's table.

"It must be from Nicky." Nicole answered even before Tiffany had a chance to reply to Bora. "He's such a sweet guy. I don't know why both of you are not together yet."

"Maybe because I've only treated him as a friend or an older brother. That's all. Anyway, the messages were from my bestfriends, Jessica and Sunny. You've met them before, right?" Tiffany asked as Nicole nodded her head while Bora giggled.

"Too bad for Nicky, our Tiffany seems to be waiting for someone else. Maybe a teddy-bear lover." Bora replied as she winked at Tiffany while Nicole had a confused look. "Anyway, I've already made arrangements for our visit to Seoul. Since the meeting will be on Tuesday, we'll fly in on Friday night. We'll spend time around Seoul on Saturday and Sunday. I'll be meeting my family on Monday so both of you will have a free day on that day for your own activity."

"Since when did you plan all these and what makes you think that me and Nicole will agree to your plan?" Tiffany pointed at Bora who was grinning dorkily.

"Because firstly, Nicole is the type who won't even bother about itinenaries and she would rather just tag along than crack her brain in planning. Secondly, you'll be so busy preparing for the final touches of the presentation that you won't have time to do anything else. So I took the liberty to plan for the 3 of us." Bora smiled proudly at herself while Tiffany and Nicole rolled their eyes at her.

************************

"Are you sure you have made proper arrangement for us, Bora?"

Tiffany looked at her colleague who was smiling widely while Nicole had went to the Ladies. The 3 girls had just arrived at the Gimpo airport about 30mins ago.

"Of course I did. I've already told you earlier that my friend will be coming to fetch us to the hotel and will also be bringing us around." Bora answered. "It's been a while since I last saw her though. I wonder if she's still as charming as before."

Tiffany frowned a little as she looked at Bora who was giggling by herself.

"What's wrong with her?"

Nicole, who had suddenly appeared, nudged Tiffany by the shoulder as she pointed at Bora.

"I'm not sure. She seems excited about meeting her friend." Tiffany answered Nicole's question.

"Ouuhhh... Her long lost crush." Nicole's answer caused Tiffany to frown again. "It seems that she used to have a little crush on the girl who is suppose to fetch us later. That girl is her mentor when she was studying in the University."

"In the University? Didn't you went to Tokyo University?" Tiffany asked Bora who nodded her head as they walked to the immigration counter.. "Does that mean the girl is Japanese?"

"She's Korean." Bora answered. "She was my mentor for 3 months during my 3rd year in the University. She was a senior actually so the last time I saw her was about 3 yrs ago, before she graduated."

"Yah! How can you be so excited about meeting someone that you've not met for 3 yrs when you're not even excited to meet your family?" Tiffany friend. "By the way, I've never thought that you could have a crush on someone, seeing how high your standards are on your ideal partner."

"Well, she's different. Actually, she's not even my type. Remember how I said that I prefer someone who is as energetic as me, very sporty and enjoys having fun with me? She's actually quite the opposite. She's very calm, laid back and not even good at sports. But there's something charming about her. She's like a cool oppa who can be feminine too." Bora explained in a dreamy tone as Tiffany and Nicole just laughed at her.

Bora was anxiously looking around the arrival hall the moment they cleared the immigration. She walked ahead of Tiffany and Nicole who were pushing the trolley that had all their luggages. Tiffany and Nicole could only chuckled as they looked at the super excited girl in front of them but they were surprised when Bora started to wave and ran off towards a certain direction.

"Yah!! Wait for us." Nicole shouted as she went after Bora while Tiffany felt a vibration from her phone.

Tiffany stopped for a moment to read the messages from the group chat.

Sooyeon: Hwang Miyoung!! Have you arrived yet?

Soonkyu: If only you had allowed us to fetch you, we could hung out together for supper. I'm feeling a little hungry at the moment.

Miyoung: I've just cleared the immigration, girls. I'm sorry that you can't fetch me. Bora had already taken the trouble to plan everything for us. But don't worry. I'll see you soon on Monday, okay.

While waiting for a reply, Tiffany looked up quickly to see the direction where Nicole was heading to. She saw the girl waving her hands at her, gesturing her to come to the place where she had stopped. While making her way towards Nicole, Tiffany continued to look at her phone.

Sooyeon: Lee Soonkyu, are you turning into a Shikshin like Soo? It's already 11pm and you're planning to eat?

Soonkyu: I just can't wait to meet up with Fany. Anyway, have a good night rest, Fany-ah. You must be feeling really tired at the moment.

Miyoung: Just a little tired, since we flew off just a few hours after work today. Both of you rest well too. Sweet dreams, Jessi. By the way Sunny, ask Soo to accompany you for supper. I believe that she would be more than willing to do so.

Tiffany stopped suddenly when she almost bumped into Nicole who was in front of her. Tiffany looked up to see Nicole pointing to Bora who was talking to someone but Tiffany couldn't see who it was since the person was blocked by Bora. Tiffany put her phone away and that was when she heard Bora's voice.

"Girls, let me introduce you to my mentor." Bora moved away from the girl that she had been talking to so that Tiffany and Nicole could see her. "Kim Taeyeon ssi."

************************

(Flashback a few days ago)

"Hey, Hyo. Can I borrow your car this weekend?"

Taeyeon was on the phone with her sister as she stared at the email on her computer. She had just received an email from someone who had asked her for some urgent assistance.

"My car? What happened to both of your cars?" Hyoyeon asked.

"There's nothing wrong with my cars. It's just that I need to use a bigger car to fetch a friend who is coming to Seoul this Friday. My friend is bringing along two of her colleagues which is why I need your Land Rover to fit all of them in." Taeyeon explained as she heard Hyoyeon giggling on the other line.

"That's why I told you to get a bigger car last time, Unnie. Both of your cars are the two-seaters type. The Porshe Boxter and the Mercedes SLK AMG 55." Hyoyeon started to nag at her sister. "By the way, who is this friend of yours? How come I don't even know that you have other friends outside of our circle of friends?"

"Yah, Kim Choding. Since when do you nag so much? She is someone that I met when I was studying in Japan. A junior of mine. I was so-called her mentor for about 3months." Taeyeon continued to explain. "So can I borrow your car?"

"Someone you knew when you were in Japan and it's a girl? You were her mentor for 3 months only and you are already willing to borrow my car to fetch her? Have you been keeping in contact with each other? How come I've never heard you telling me about her? Did you...."

Taeyeon ended the call even before Hyoyeon could finished talking.

"This choding. Asking me so many questions when all I wanted was just to borrow her car." Taeyeon mumbled to herself and was about to continue with her work when her phone rang.

"Yah, Unnie!!! Why did you hung up on me?" Hyoyeon whined through the phone.

"Because you're being nosy. Too many questions. All I wanted was just to borrow your car." Taeyeon answered.

"Arraseo, arraseo. You can borrow them since I've got no plans this weekend." 

Hyoyeon's answer brought a smile on Taeyeon's face as she thanked her sister and ended the conversation. Taeyeon then turned to her computer and started to type a reply to the email which she had received earlier.