Come closer

Goodbye, Hello

"Pro...proof?" Nicky stammered. "I don't think I have. But.. can't you just trust my words? I saw the whole incident with my own eyes. I was at the pub that night."

"It's not that I can't tust you, Nicky. But I think I know Taeyeon better than you. She would never go to a pub all by herself." Tiffany tried to counter his lies.

Nicky gave out a sarcastic snort before folding his arms. "It's obvious that you don't know her that well. I can always bring you to meet the girl that she was kissing that night. She's in Tokyo, anyway since she's a Japanese."

"How come you know her? I thought you said earlier that Taeyeon was kissing a random girl?" Tiffany arched her eyebrows at Nicky who was shocked that he was caught by his own words.

"Well.. I.. I.. accidentally met her again. It was totally unintentional that I managed to meet her and I remembered her from that night." Nicky looked really unconvincing with his explanation. "You've got to believe me that Taeyeon is really not worth it to be with."

"Then bring me to meet that girl." Tiffany said with a stern expression as Nicky kept blinking his eyes.

"That... that girl? You want to meet that girl?" Nicky repeated Tiffany's words as if he couldn't believe that Tiffany would actually request for that. "Sur...Sure.. But not today. Maybe in two days time? I need to.. need to check if she's free to meet up."

"Sure. My flight to Seoul will be on Sunday afternoon. Today is only Thursday so I believe you have more than enough time to contact her. Call me once you've set the appointment. Bye." Tiffany smiled a little before she sat in her car and closed the door.

Nicky was still looking dazed and confused in the same spot until Tiffany had to horn at him before he stood aside to allow the car to pass through.

Two hours later, Tiffany was already seated in front of her laptop as she waited for Taeyeon to be online. Even though she had taken a cold shower earlier, she was still feeling hot from trying to suppress her anger at what happened earlier.

"TAETAE!!!" Tiffany half-shouted at the screen when she saw Taeyeon's face popping out, causing the poor girl to fall off from her bed. "Oh my god. Are you okay?"

Tiffany had almost forgotten her anger as she giggled when she saw Taeyeon's frantic reaction of pretending that she didn't actually fall of the bed by doing some weird movements at the moment.

"What are you doing?" Tiffany asked.

"Exercise." Taeyeon replied with a poker face while pretending to be stretching her back.

"I saw you falling off the bed earlier, pabo-yah. You don't have to pretend that you're exercising, Kim Taeyeon. You don't exercise. You'll never exercise." Tiffany replied as Taeyeon pouted. "I'm sorry. Did I shout too loud just now that it shocked you?"

"Yes. I've already had a heart attack at work earlier when Sunny shouted my name from across the meeting room and now, it's your turn. If Sica was in the same building earlier, I've got a feeling that she'll be shouting my name too. Does the 3 of you bond together because of shouting?" Taeyeon asked as she repositioned herself in front of the screen.

"Sunny shouted at you? Wae?" Tiffany frowned since she knew that her bestfriend rarely shouts at others unless it's necessary.

"It was my fault actually. I fall asleep during the meeting." Taeyeon replied honestly and bite her lips with a guilty expression.

"I thought you slept early last night. You wished me good night at...." Tiffany grabbed her phone to check her messages. "9.03pm. Did you lie to me about going to sleep, Kim Taeyeon?"

"No, no.. I did went to sleep at that time but I woke up at 1am when I realised that I had forgotten to finish off my work. I had totally forgotten to submit some of my documents to the finance and marketing department for their approval." Taeyeon sighed when she remembered how frantic she was in the wee hours earlier.

"Submission of documents for approval? Isn't that the job of your secre....." Tiffany paused when she realised something. "You don't have a secretary in the first place."

Taeyeon grinned dorkily while Tiffany shook her head. "By the way, how's work?"

Tiffany froze a little when she heard Taeyeon's question. The truth is, Taeyeon didn't know that she had quit her job. "Everything's good."

"That's all? That's it?" Taeyeon asked, looking at Tiffany as if she knew that it was a lie. "You've always talk a lot when it's about work. Is everything okay?"

"I met Nicky just now." Tiffany decided to change the topic so that Taeyeon won't probe further. "And I told him that we're back together."

"Mwo? Jinjja?"

************************

Taeyeon walked into her office with a bad headache, She's not been sleeping well ever since Tiffany told her about the incident with Nicky. Tiffany had informed her that she and Nicky would be meeting up on Saturday but since then, there was no follow-up news from Tiffany.

On Saturday night, Taeyeon had messaged Tiffany to ask if she was already home since she had not received any message from her and it was already 11pm. Tiffany replied and said that she was already home since an hour ago and had apologised by saying that she had fallen asleep after showering.

On Sunday, Taeyeon spent almost the whole day waiting for her call or message but there was none until Taeyeon decided to call her at 8pm. Tiffany picked up her phone with a groggy voice as if she was sleeping and it was true. Tiffany said that she had went out with Bora and Nicole from 10am and had just returned 2hrs ago. At the moment, she was sleeping when Taeyeon called. Feeling bad for disturbing her sleep, Taeyeon apologised and hung up.

"Aisshhh..." Taeyeon threw the documents that she was reading earlier onto her table and swiped back her long fringe. "What actually happened during the meet-up?"

Taeyeon glanced at her watch and saw that it was only 10am. There was a lot of papers spread on her table, waiting for her to settle the documents but Taeyeon was not in the mood to work. Her head felt like bursting due to the lack of sleep and overthinking but she knew that she need to finish up her workload.

"This can't do. I need to freshen up and complete my work. Some of it has already been delayed." Taeyeon told herself as she stood up. "Maybe I should get an iced coffee."

Taeyeon walked to her door and was just about to open it when the door suddenly swing inwards and hit her on her forehead.

"AIISSSHHH!!!"

A flustered-looking Sooyoung was shocked to hear Taeyeon's loud groan. Even the staffs outside Taeyeon's office had stood up to see the commotion. Sooyoung quickly pushed Taeyeon slightly back into her office and asked if she was okay,

Rubbing her forehead and clenching her teeth, Taeyeon answered that she was okay. She didn't have the mood to argue further with Sooyoung since all she could think at the moment was to get the cup of iced coffee.

"Where are you planning to go?" Sooyoung asked as Taeyeon replied her. "Canteen? Wae? Are you hungry?"

"I need to get a cup of iced coffee since I need to stay awake to do all that." Taeyeon pointed to the pile of papers on her table. "By the way, why are you here so early? Usually, you will only come to my office around lunch time."

"SunnyBunny told me to bring you to her office. She said there's an urgent meeting." Sooyoung replied as Taeyeon, looked at her with a pissed off face. "Yah, why are you glaring at me? This is her instruction, not mine. By the way, are you lacking of sleep? You're looking like a panda."

"I couldn't sleep well for the past few days because of Ppany." Taeyeon replied as she told Sooyoung about what happened between Tiffany and Nicky. "Until now, I don't even know what happened during the meet-up."

"Wow, daebak. Do you think Nicky managed to bribe another girl to pretend to be Marina and then lie to Tiffany?" Sooyoung commented as Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and told Sooyoung that Tiffany had met Marina before. "What if Nicky had bribed Marina?"

A smack sound was heard as Taeyeon hit Sooyoung on the shoulder. "Yah!! Marina is not like that. She's a good person. I trust her. Aigoo... All this thinking is making my head hurts more. I need that drink."

"Yah!! You need to go up to Sunny's office. She's waiting for you." Sooyoung said as she watched Taeyeon walked out of her office. Hurrying along to follow Taeyeon, Sooyoung grabbed her bestfriend's shoulder. "We'll go and get your drink after the meeting okay. I don't want to be scolded by SunnyBunny."

Sooyoung pouted and tried to use her aegyo on a grouchy-looking Taeyeon who rolled her eyes at her. "Whipped."

5mins later, Sooyoung pushed opened the door to her fiancee's office and grinned dorkily while making her way to the round table where Sunny was waiting for them. Taeyeon walked in behind her and took a seat beside Sooyoung.

"What's wrong with you? You look like a panda and what's with that red line on your forehead?" Sunny asked Taeyeon who just shrugged her shoulders. "Is something wrong? What happened to her?" 

Sunny turned to look at Sooyoung since she knew that her fiancee would probably know what was going on with Taeyeon.

"I accidentally hit her forehead while opening her office door. That panda eyes is because of overwork." Sooyoung replied before her eyes turned to the cakes and fruits that the secretary had brought in for them.

"You need a secretary, Taeyeon." Sunny said as she turned back to face Taeyeon.

"I'll manage. It's just that I've not been sleeping well lately. Once I get my proper rest, I'll be fine." Taeyeon answered flatly, showing signs that she was not interested in dragging the topic.

"But won't it be better if you had a secretary? Sunmi's case could be just a one-off incident." Sooyoung said softly but was surprised when she saw Taeyeon glaring at her.

"I said.. I.. can.. manage." Taeyeon emphasized every word she said as she felt her headache getting worse. Folding her arms, she looked down while trying to control the pain. "By the way, what is this meeting about?"

"Your new secretary." Sunny had an authoritative tone to her words. She was a little unhappy with the way Taeyeon was acting at the moment especially since she had caught her dozing off just a few days ago during a meeting. She had expected a high-level of professionalism from Taeyeon who was the Executive Vice President of the company.

Everyone was shocked when Taeyeon suddenly slammed her hands on the table and stood up. "I DON'T NEED a secretary. Don't make me repeat myself."

"Kim Taeyeon, watch your attitude in here." Sunny pointed at Taeyeon and stood up too as the two of them continued to glare at each other.

The atmosphere was so intense that 3 of them didn't realised the presence of two more people in the room.

"Taeyeon-ah." Uncle Lee's soft voice took Taeyeon's attention away from Sunny as she turned to look towards the door.

Uncle Lee had opened the door at the exact moment when Taeyeon slammed her hands on the table and shouted at Sunny.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon? You seemed really angry." Uncle Lee asked as he didn't move away from the door. "I was the one who instructed Sunny to get you a new secretary. I noticed the amount of workload that you're currently handling and trust me, you need help."

Taeyeon bite her lips and looked down. Uncle Lee was like a father figure to her and hearing that he was the one who made that decision, Taeyeon couldn't bring herself to object it. She had to admit that it'll be easier if she had a secretary but the past incident traumatised her.

"Uncle Lee, I admit that there's a lot of workload at the moment but I..." Taeyeon sighed. "I don't want what happened before to repeat itself."

"You mean with what happened between you and Sunmi?" Sooyoung asked as Taeyeon nodded her head. "Not everyone is like her, Taeng. I can confidently say that this one will be much better. You might even fall in love with her.

Taeyeon frowned as she looked at Sooyoung who was smirking at her. "Are you crazy? I'm already having a bad headache, worrying about Tiffany right now. I don't need another ual harassment problem to deal with."

"ual harassment?"

Taeyeon was surprised when Tiffany suddenly appeared behind Uncle Lee. Before she could ask anything, Uncle Lee gestured to everyone to take a seat at the round table with Tiffany sitting between Uncle Lee and Sunny.

"This matter is not known to everyone in the company.." Sooyoung started her speech. "Sunmi, Taeng's ex-secretary had confessed her feelings 2 months after working in the company. Obviously, Taeng rejected her but that didn't stop her from trying to change Taeng's mind. She started harassing Taeng by doing unnecessary skinship and messaging until late at night. Our dear friend here, didn't inform anyone about the matter, which had dragged on for almost 2 months until Sunmi started sending y photos of her."

"The thing about Sunmi is that she is actually a good secretary in terms of doing her work. She'll always come early to prepare everything in advance and mingled well with the other colleagues. Which was why it came as a surprise to me when Taeyeon told me about her. Furthermore, she's actually the niece of one of our major shareholders in the company." Sunny added on. "We couldn't fire her because she didn't do anything wrong at work. When I called her to ask about her harassment towards Taeyeon, she nonchalantly admitted that she just wanted to be friends with Taeyeon outside of work."

"The harassment stopped after Sunny talked to her but I was already cautious around her by then so I told Soo to secretly install a CCTV in my office. Just in case." Taeyeon explained as she noticed Tiffany had a focused expression on her face.

"I was glad that I agreed to Taeng's request because she actually tried to this midget after office hours by drugging her." Sooyoung shook her head as Taeyeon started to narrate what had happened.

************************

(Flashback 2yrs ago)

"Ms Kim, is there anything else you need before I report off from work?" Sunmi gave an innocent smile to Taeyeon who was still staring at her papers. "Maybe a cup of coffee?"

Taeyeon looked at her watch and saw that it was almost 6pm. There was still a lot of work to do but she was already feeling a little lethargic.

"A cup of coffee would be good. Thanks, Sunmi." Taeyeon smiled a little at her secretary.

10mins later, Sunmi came back with the drink, placed it on Taeyeon's table and left the office after saying goodbye.

Taeyeon was almost finishing the cup of coffee when she felt her head getting a little drowsy. Blinking her eyess, she noticed some white powdery stuff at the base of her cup. Sensing that something was not right, she grabbed her phone and type a message before passing out.

************************

"Me and Sunny were already on our way to the car when I received Taeng's message. All she had type was SOS. At that time, I thought she was playing a prank or had sent a wrong message. I continued walking to my car and even started the engine but I felt something amiss so I showed Taeng's message to Sunny." Sooyoung continued the story.

"The moment I saw the message, I asked Soo about Taeyeon's whereabouts. We looked around the carpark and saw that her car was still there so we assumed that she was still in the office. Me and Soo rushed to her office and were surprised that her office was dark from a distance. We thought that maybe Taeyeon had went off somewhere so I told Soo to give her a call. That was when we heard her phone ringing inside the office." Sunny explained her side of the story.

"I just barged into the office and switched on the lights at the same time. Imagined how shocked we were when we saw Sunmi half-, straddling Taeng who was unconscious on the couch. Taeng's shirt was ripped off, exposing her bra and Sunmi's hands were on her pants zipper. Everyone froze for the next 10 seconds before Sunmi grabbed her clothes and ran out of the office." Sooyoung sighed.

"She didn't report for work the next week and when she did, I ordered her to my office, straight away. I told her to resign on her own accord. Initially, she said that she didn't want to and wanted to ask for forgiveness from Taeyeon but I showed her the CCTV clip which no one knew of the existence except for me, Soo and Taeng herself. I told her that I could bring this to the police and press charges on her unless she resign." Sunny said. "She tendered her resignation on the spot and I informed all our staffs that she resigned to further her studies."

"The same reason that Taetae told me before." Tiffany intercepted as she looked at Taeyeon. "You lied."

Taeyeon sighed and nodded her head. "Yes, I lied. Because I didn't want to be reminded of what happened that day. To me, she resign because she wants to further her studies. I've had that thought since she left and it came out naturally when you asked about it. I'm sorry for lying. I just didn't want to talk about her or ...."

Tiffany saw the frown on Taeyeon's face and realised that Taeyeon must have been really traumatised over what had happened to her. Imagine almost being when you're unconscious and helpless to stop it from happening. Tiffany suddenly stood up and walked towards Taeyeon, turning her chair so that Taeyeon would be facing her. While Taeyeon was still seated, Tiffany gave her a side hug.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to apologise. I should have been more understanding." Tiffany said as no one said anything for the next minute.

"Hhhmmm.. Ppany-ah. I think you're hugging me too tight and your .. I mean your chest.." Taeyeon could only point to her face that was pressed against Tiffany's assets.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry." Tiffany quickly straightened herself while blushing as Sooyoung, Sunny and even Uncle Lee laughed at her reaction.

"By the way, how come you're here?" Taeyeon asked and before Tiffany could reply, Uncle Lee had overtook her.

"She was suppose to be your new secretary but since you were so adamant about not having one, I guess I have to relocate her somewhere else." Uncle Lee answered with a straight face.

"I NEED her." Taeyeon suddenly exclaimed loudly. "I mean I need a secretary. I agree with you that I need one." Taeyeon grinned dorkily as she scratched the back of her neck.

"Well, in that case, Tiffany can start work today." Uncle Lee replied as Tiffany nodded her head while giving Uncle Lee a wide smile.

"Today? Wait a minute. Then how about your work?" Taeyeon asked Tiffany as she stood up and stand beside the girl who was now giving her a totoro smile.

"Last Thursday was my last day with them. I'm sorry for lying to you and not informing you about it. I was afraid that you'll object my decision." Tiffany pouted and grabbed Taeyeon's arm before leaning in to Taeyeon's ears. "I want to be as close as possible to you, Taetae."