Back together

Goodbye, Hello

"You mean all this while, all of you are just waiting for his next move?" Yoona asked as a few heads nod. "We shouldn't be just waiting for his move. We should confront him instead."

"But Yoong, won't that be more dangerous?" Seohyun asked with a concerned look. "They don't even know what he could do or what he plans to do."

"That's the whole point. We don't know anything concrete yet. What if Sunmi didn't realise that they were just joking around with each other?" Yoona's sentence caused everyone to focus to her. "She could only listen to the conversation through a gap between the door. She didn't see their reaction or expression. What if those guys were just drunk and were just trash-talking without remembering anything at all the next day?"

"And here we are, waiting and worrying about something that might not even happen." Hyoyeon concluded Yoona's sentence as Yoona nodded her head at her bestfriend.

No one said anything as everyone was lost in their own thoughts. Yoona and Seohyun had just returned from Japan last night. The girls decided that they should inform the two of them about what was going on lately so they planned a BBQ gathering at the rooftop of YulSic's house. They were halfway done with their dinner when Sooyoung and Yuri started to tell Yoona and Seohyun about whatever that Sunmi had told them.

"If Nicky really had any bad intention on Fany-unnie, he won't have waited this long. Fany-unnie has been living alone by herself in Japan for more than 3yrs and Nicky had never once tried to do anything. He had more chance to see her then, compared to now. Even now, Fany-unnie is staying with Taeng-unnie. The chances of him doing something to her will be much slimmer with our very protective but fragile Taeng-unnie." Yoona winked at Taeyeon who just pouted at her.

"That was what I said to Sunmi that day." Tiffany expressed her thoughts. "I've known him for some time and he's never tried to do anything bad to me. Actually, he treats me quite well. It's just too bad that I don't have any feelings for him except for friendship." 

"Maybe he didn't try anything because he thought that you'll accept him one day but he never expected you to come back to me."

Tiffany noticed the change in Taeyeon's expression who had looked down on her plate after she ended her sentence. Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was slightly affected by Yoona's teasing sentence earlier about her being fragile and also about her saying that Nicky had been treating her well. Tiffany knew that she need to do something to make Taeyeon feel better.

"Everyone, can we stop thinking about this whole situation for a minute?" Tiffany suddenly said as she stood up. "I've actually been wanting to tell this to everyone. Well, actually, it's us who has been wanting to tell you girls. Taetae and I are officially back together."

Silence creeped in as Tiffany pouted when there was no reaction from the girls who just looked at her with blank expressions. But hell broke loose 5 seconds later as Sooyoung, Yuri and Hyoyeon jumped up and did some weird dance together with Yoona joining them slightly later.

Taeyeon started to laugh out loud as she watched the 4 girls being dorky while Sunny, Jessica and Seohyun just shook their heads. Meanwhile, Tiffany had a big smile on her face as she moved to sit beside Taeyeon.

"I love you." Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon's ears, surprising her girlfriend who stopped laughing. "Even if there are others who treat me well and even if you're fragile, I still love you."

A smile appeared on Taeyeon's face as her ears turned slightly red. "I love you too. We should have informed them earlier if we knew they would be so happy about it."

"Earlier?" Taeyeon was surprised when Sunny suddenly shouted beside her. "Yah, both of you. Since when did you actually get back together?"

Sooyoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Yoona stopped dancing automatically when they heard Sunny's question. Everyone's eyes were now on TaeNy as Taeyeon giggled nervously.

"About a month ago. A day before Sunmi came to my office with Soo and Yul."

"Mwo??!!" 

Sooyoung and Yuri answered at the same time as they squinted their eyes and walked slowly towards Taeyeon. Sensing that she was in danger, Taeyeon stood up and started running away with Yuri and Sooyoung pursuing her.

"Aigoo.. Those 3 dorky unnies. They will just end up tiring themselves." Yoona said as she sat down beside Hyoyeon and started to grab some grilled meat on the table, not bothered to watch the chase.

"That's true. Taeng-unnie won't be able to run that far, causing her to be caught by Yul-unnie but she won't be able to do much with a struggling midget in her arms since she had to wait for Soo-unnie to catch up with them. By the time Soo-unnie reached them, both Yul-unnie and Taeng-unnie would be exhausted from all the tussling earlier and Soo-unnie would be tired from all that running." Hyoyeon narrated as Sunny, Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun watched the scene in front of them, exactly happening like what Hyoyeon had said.

************************

"Should I just message him?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon the moment they reached home after the BBQ gathering.

"What do you plan to say to him? That someone told you he's planning to hurt us?" Taeyeon asked as she plopped onto the couch while Tiffany stood beside her and pouted. "Don't pout. Come here."

Taeyeon stretched out her hand so that Tiffany could grabbed it. The moment their hands entwined, Taeyeon gave it a slight tug and Tiffany landed on top of her. Repositioning herself so that they were seated beside each other, Tiffany smacked Taeyeon's shoulders lightly.

"Yah, I could have hurt you when I landed on you." Tiffany frowned a little as Taeyeon chuckled.

"No worries. See this." Taeyeon started to flex her biceps as Tiffany's eyes widened.

"Since when do you have muscles? You don't even exercise at all." Tiffany asked as Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders. "Even so, I'm not that light anyway."

"I know. You're quite curvy actually." Taeyeon smirked before laughing like an ahjumma.

"Yah!!" Tiffany's hands that was supposed to smack Taeyeon's shoulders, stopped halfway when Tiffany realised something. "Seems like you're quite relax today."

"Ever since you got angry with me last week and didn't talk to me from Sunday until yesterday lunch time, I've been thinking a lot lately." Taeyeon answered as Tiffany turned her body sideways so that she can observe Taeyeon's expression. "I know I've been super clingy on you and have been restricting your movements especially on weekends since a few weeks ago. I'm sorry for that."

"And I'm sorry for being angry with you when you only have my best interest in mind. You were acting that way because you cared for me and was worried about my safety. I should have been more understanding." Tiffany placed both her legs on top of Taeyeon's lap. "Especially when I have a fragile girlfriend."

Hearing Tiffany's teasing tone of voice, Taeyeon squinted her eyes and grabbed both of Tiffany's legs, tickling the bottom of her feets. Tiffany who was caught offguard, started squirming and shouted for Taeyeon to stop doing so since she was sensitive to tickles. Both of them were having fun teasing each other, avoiding each other's tickles until they ran out of breathe.

It was then they realised that their positions were a little awkward with Taeyeon straddling Tiffany who was lying flat on the couch.

"How.. How did you end up being on top of me?" Tiffany stammered as she felt her cheeks starting to warm up.

"I'm someone who likes to be in control." Taeyeon asked as she smirked before leaning closer to Tiffany's face.

Seeing Taeyeon's face so near to hers, Tiffany automatically shut her eyes as her heartbeat started to pump faster and irregularly. But she heard a giggle as she opened her eyes slowly.

"Why did you close your eyes? Were you expecting me to kiss you?" Taeyeon asked but before Tiffany could reply, she leaned in and kissed Tiffany passionately on the lips.

Tiffany was about to wrap her arms around Taeyeon's waist when the midget broke away from the kiss and straigthened her back. Tiffany pouted at the lost of connection as Taeyeon smirked again. Both of them were breathing hard as they stared into each others eyes.

"Shall we wait until we say our vows to each other?" Taeyeon smiled sweetly as Tiffany nodded her head. "Furthermore, I'm on my period today."

Taeyeon laughed out loud and jumped from the couch before Tiffany could digest the whole situation. By the time Tiffany understood Taeyeon's words, her girlfriend had already locked her bedroom door.

"Yah!! Kim Taeyeon!!"

************************

"Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work in the past few weeks. Helping out in expediting the expenditure claims for the launching of the Christmas album which will be held tomorrow. Keep up the good work and the teamwork among all of you." Taeyeon had a serious expression on her face as she closed the file in front of her.

"Is there any rewards for our hard work?" Tiffany smiled as Taeyeon placed a finger on her chin as if she was thinking.

"I'll treat you girls to dinner once the launching is over. Maybe this friday or next week." Taeyeon answered with a smile as the girls clapped and cheered her suggestion.

It was their bi-weekly meeting in Taeyeon's office where Taeyeon would look through and check on their department's workload and projects on hand. She would also brief her team members of her expectations and hear out any concerns from them. Looking at the 5 girls, Taeyeon was thankful that they had been very welcoming towards her even though there were times when she didn't communicate much with them. The girls were younger than her but Wendy and Irene had worked longer than her since they had worked at the company as interns before.

"I think that's all for today's meeting." Taeyeon said as everyone nodded their head and packed their belongings. "By the way, there is something that I need to inform all of you. It's not work-related matters but I believe that all of you should know about this."

As Taeyeon took a deep breathe and was just about to continue her sentence, Irene raised her hand.

"Are you and Tiffany-unnie an item now?" Irene asked nervously as she gave a small smile.

Taeyeon's eyes widened as she automatically turned to look at Tiffany who had the same expression. "How did you know?"

"All of us knew." Irene giggled along with Wendy, Joy, Yeri and Seulgi who nodded their heads. "It was just a guess initially but when you were suddenly so quiet last week, we started to observe more."

"We noticed that Tiffany-unnie was not talking much with you except for work-related matters." Wendy said.

"But Tiffany-unnie was talking to us as per normal." Seulgi added on.

"So we asked Irene and Yeri to talk to Tiffany-unnie about you being moody and try to find out more." Joy explained further.

"We saw your sparkling eyes and your cute dimple smile, the moment both of you left for lunch that day. Tiffany-unnie did a good job in improving your mood." Yeri grinned as the rest of the girls laughed at Taeyeon shocked expression.

"They were concerned about you being locked up in your room and asked me to help bring back the cheerful Ms Kim with her ahjumma laughter." Tiffany's words brought another round of laughter as Taeyeon pouted.

"Yah!! Ahjumma?" Taeyeon stood up and placed her hands on her hips while clenching her teeth in a joking manner. "No dinner treats for all of you."

The younger girls stopped laughing and automatically looked at Tiffany for help. Tiffany turned to look at Taeyeon and squinted her eyes at her girlfriend. Taeyeon sighed and lifted up her hand in despair.

"Don't worry. She'll treat you. Our Ms Kim is a kind-hearted person." Tiffany said as the girls clapped their hands in excitement. "By the way, are you girls okay with it? I mean about me and Ms Kim being together."

"Can we ask something?" Wendy looked at Tiffany who nodded her head. "When exactly did you both got together?"

"About a month ago." Taeyeon was the one who answered. "The truth is, I've known Tiffany since high school and we were a couple right up to our junior years in the university. Some unforeseen circumstances forces us to break up before our senior year. Since then, I've not meet her for almost 4 yrs until recently."

The girls were shocked to listen to the new information that was given to them. They thought that Tiffany and Taeyeon only got to know each other when Tiffany became her secretary.

"Daebak. We didn't know that both of you had known each other for so long." Joy commented. "This is what true love is."

Tiffany and Taeyeon smiled at the girls before they turned to smile at each other.

"Since both of you had been together for almost a month now, I don't think we have any problems with it. Because both of you had shown that you could keep your professionalism at work for the past one month." Seulgi expressed her opinion to which the other girls agreed to it.

"But please keep your intimate moments behind closed doors. I'm still underage." Yeri grinned dorkily before she started to laugh out loud while the other girls started to tease TaeNy.

"Yah, yah, yah... All of you, out of the office now. Back to work." Taeyeon stood up and gave her orders as everyone exited the room except for Tiffany. "Aigoo, these kids."

"I guess, they even know about your erted mind." Tiffany laughed as she quickly ran for the door when Taeyeon threatened to tickle her. "Taetae, saranghae."

Before Taeyeon could reply her, Tiffany had closed the door behind as she walked out of the room.

************************

It was suppose to be a celebration for the success of their album launching but everyone was looking a little down and nervous at the moment. The event had ended about 2hrs ago and the girls were all gathered at their favourite hangout which was a pub somewhere near their workplace.

"Have you to replied him yet?" Jessica asked as Tiffany shook her head.

"I had almost forgotten about Nicky's existence. He really knows how to dampen our mood." Sunny's comments caused Tiffany to sigh.

"Fany, can I see that message again?" Yuri asked as Tiffany handed over her phone.

"I wonder why he took so long to actually message Fany-unnie. It's been more than a month since Sunmi heard the conversation between him and his friends." Yoona's question caused a few of them to frown.

"Maybe he's busy with work and didn't have time to plan it yet." Seohyun suggested.

"Does he always message you in that manner, with the cute emoticons and symbols at the end?" Sooyoung asked as she peeked at the phone that Yuri was holding on to.

"I don't think so. I can't really remember how he would message since we don't actually message each other much unless it's work-related matters." Tiffany explained. "I was actually quite surprise though. To be honest, it doesn't sound like him. Acting cute maybe, but obviously not that humble."

Upon hearing Tiffany's explanation, Taeyeon also took a peek at the message and her frown had went deeper than earlier. Yuri placed the phone onto the table so that everyone could read it.

To Tiffany:

Hi there. How have you been doing? I hope you are fine and is happily working as Taeyeon's secretary. Actually, I've been thinking a lot and realised my mistake. I would like to apologise to Taeyeon for what I did to her but before I do so, is it possible for me to meet up with you first?

Yours truly, Nicky.

At the end of the message besides Nicky's name, there was a smiley face emoticon, a peace-sign symbol and a two-hands clasped together symbol as a sign of apology.

"Why do you think he want to meet up with you first, Fany-unnie?" Hyoyeon asked as everyone turned to look at Tiffany.

"I'm not sure. Maybe he wants to talk to me about something or maybe he wants to apologise to me first before he meets with Taetae." Tiffany gave her opinion as some of the girls nodded their heads.

"Why don't you reply him and ask about the meeting place? From there, we can plan out a safety plan for you. Just in case, he's up to no good." Jessica suggested.

Tiffany took her phone and quickly typed a reply, stating that she had agreed to meet up and ask about the meeting place. The reply didn't take long as the girls quickly tried to find out more about the location of the cafe address given to Tiffany.

Taeyeon saw the frown on Tiffany's face as she wrapped her hands around Tiffany's waist. "Gwenchana? Is there something wrong? Soo and Yul are searching for the location on their phones."

"I know. It's just that I'm trying to remember the past messages that I had received from him before. I don't actually remember these emoticons or symbols though." Tiffany replied as she showed the message to Taeyeon where there was a few more symbols at the end of the cafe's name.

Taeyeon stared at the message as Tiffany passed her the phone before Tiffany walked over to Sooyoung and Yuri who had called her over to show her the cafe's information that they had managed to find. As Taeyeon continued to stare longer, her eyes widened and she suddenly froze when she realised something. She looked up and saw that the girls were all focused on Sooyoung and Yuri.

Taeyeon sighed, placed the phone on the table and rubbed her temples. She continued to observe as the girls continued to discuss about their plans for the meet-up. Deep down inside her heart, she felt burdened and heavy-hearted. Things are not going to be as simple as it seemed.

"Hey, Unnie. Are you okay?" Hyoyeon's voice brought everyone attention to Taeyeon as Tiffany quickly rushed to her side.

"Are you okay, Taetae? You looked a little pale." Tiffany asked as her worried expression appeared.

"I'm fine. I'm just worried about you." Taeyeon answered as she tried to smile a little. "I'm just afraid that I..."

Tiffany intercepted Taeyeon's sentence by placing her finger on Taeyeon's mouth. "Everything will be alright. Our friends are all here to help us out. Right, girls?"

Everyone nodded their heads when they heard what Tiffany said. Sooyoung and Yuri went up to Taeyeon and gave her a light pat on her back.

"Don't worry, Taeng. We're all here to help. We'll make sure that Nicky won't be able to hurt Fany or you at all. We're all black belt fighters." Sooyoung said as Yuri nodded her head.

"Since when do you guys even learn martial arts?" Taeyeon had a confused look on her face. "I don't remember any of you taking any tactical lessons before."

Sooyoung and Yuri looked at each other and grinned.

"We're all fighters." Sooyoung said.

"Wearing black belts." Yuri added on as Sooyoung and her showed their branded black belts.

"Yah!! This is not the time to be joking around." Taeyeon slammed the table and glared at her two bestfriends. Everyone was shocked to see Taeyeon's reaction especially Sooyoung and Yuri. "Ppany-ah, I'll be in the car."

Taeyeon's voice was monotonaus after she turned to face Tiffany as she grabbed her things on the table. Tiffany was about to follow Taeyeon when Hyoyeon stopped her.

"Taeng-unnie need some time alone." Hyoyeon said as Tiffany nodded her head. "And both of you unnies, really need to think back about what you did."

Sooyoung and Yuri pouted as Sunny and Jessica shook their heads at their partners before they started to nag at them.

"Why did you both have to joke around at times like this?" Sunny pulled Sooyoung's ears.

"I was just try to lighten the mood in here." Sooyoung explained herself.

"Taeyeon was obviously at a state of mental breakdown, worrying about Tiffany's safety. The least she would have wanted was for both of you to goof around about it." Jessica pinched Yuri's arms as she flinched in pain.

"We'll go and apologise to her right now." Yuri suggested as Sooyoung nodded her head in agreement but Yoona stopped them.

"Let's just leave Taeng-unnie to cool down first. By the way, the meeting will be in two days time, right?" Yoona asked Tiffany who seemed a little lost at the moment.

"Let me double check the message again." Tiffany said as she looked around for her phone on the table but she couldn't find it. "Where's my phone?"

Eveyone's attention was now on the table as Hyoyeon suddenly pointed to something. "I think Taeng-unnie took the wrong phone, since her phone is here."