The Proposal

Goodbye, Hello

"Thanks for sending us, Hyo."

"It's okay, Fany-unnie. Just a small matter." Hyoyeon replied as Tiffany gave her a hug before Hyoyeon turned to hug her sister. "Take care, Unnie. I'll see you soon."

Hyoyeon whispered the last sentence as Taeyeon whispered back, asking her little sister to wish her good luck. Tiffany noticed the suspicious behaviour of both sisters who were grinning cheekily at each other as if they had something up their sleeves. Tiffany was about to ask them about it when she heard someone calling her name. Turning around, she saw SooSun walking towards them.

"Hey, sorry we were late. My wife insisted in stopping by to eat patbingsoo. She said she was craving for it." Sooyoung explained as Sunny smiled apologetically.

"Cravings? Hhhhmmmm...." Taeyeon rubbed her chins and smirked at Sooyoung. "Is little SooSun coming sooner than expected?"

Sooyoung and Sunny looked at each other before they quickly shocked their heads. Sunny was blushing while Sooyoung was grinning cheekily.

"Oh, by the way, Yul and Sica send their apologies for not being able to send both of you off. Even Yoona and Seohyun apologised too." Sooyoung said with such a sincere look that she almost made Taeyeon burst out laughing.

"It's okay. Taetae and I are leaving for work anyway. It's not like we're going off to get married." Tiffany replied non-chalantly as Hyoyeon and Taeyeon looked at her with widened eyes. "What's with both of your expressions? It looked as if you both believed my words."

Sunny quickly pulled Tiffany away by saying that she wanted to show Tiffany the bag that she wanted Tiffany to get for her while in LA. Once the two girls walked away, Sooyoung smacked both the Kim siblings head from the back.

"Yah!! Both of you almost blew our cover." Sooyoung started grumbling as Hyoyeon and Taeyeon rubbed the back of their heads. "Aigoo these two sisters. Can't even control their facial expressions and almost spoil my fabulous acting."

Both Hyoyeon and Taeyeon rolled their eyes at Sooyoung who was flinging her hair around.

"Stop with the hair." Taeyeon smacked Sooyoung's shoulders. "By the way, have our parents contacted you yet, Hyo?"

"Yes. They messaged me about an hour ago. They've already checked in and settled down." Hyoyeon showed the thumbs up at Taeyeon.

"Who has settled down?" Tiffany's voice suddenly popped out as she placed her arms on Taeyeon's shoulders.

"Ahh.. I... We... They.." Taeyeon started to stammer as her eyes gestured to Sooyoung for help.

"We were talking about the company's meeting. Need to settle things down as soon as possible." Sooyoung explained confidently with a serious expression as Tiffany nodded her head.

"We need to make our way in, Taetae." Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon who could only managed a nervous smile. "Thanks for sending us everyone. See you in 3 days time."

Meanwhile, somewhere else in California, two girls had just finished having their early dinner by the beach as the sun was almost setting.

cabo-beach-beds.jpg

"This is really beautiful, Seobang." Jessica wiped as she grabbed the drink in front of her. "The dinner that you've prepared was really delicious and I love the set-up here, especially the rocking bed."

Yuri smiled and stood up as she held out her hand for Jessica to grab it. Both of them made their way to the bed and climbed up to the centre as Yuri pushed it slightly for it to rock at a slow speed. Jessica then leaned her head against Yuri's shoulders as they watched the calming waves.

"Because I married a sleeping beauty. That's why I need to prepare the bed." Yuri chuckled as Jessica pinched her arm lightly.

"It reminded me of the time when you asked me to be your girlfriend. That was also by the beach." Jessica said.

Yuri smiled again before she turned to kiss Jessica on top of her head. "I'm glad you like it, Sicababy. I was almost at my wits end when I had to plan all this, right after Soo's birthday which was two weeks ago. Luckily, Uncle Hwang had a friend who owns this private beach and he was more than willing to help me set this up. Taeng helped a lot too. I have to agree with you when you said that Fany was lucky to have Taeng as her partner."

"And I'm lucky to have you." Jessica created a distance between them as she cupped Yuri's cheeks. She had noticed the change in Yuri's voice when she said that last sentence earlier. "When I said that Tiff was lucky to have Taeng, I wasn't comparing you with Taeng."

"You were not?" Yuri frowned a little. All this while, she kept thinking that she could never be as good as Taeyeon when it comes to being romantic or cheesy.

Jessica shook her head. "I love you for who you are, Seobang. Maybe because TaeNy had just gotten back together so obviously they would want to express their love for one another as much as possible. But we're already married. I don't expect you to be cheesy and romantic to me all the time. You're still the same sweet and caring Kwon Yuri that I fell in love with, years ago."

"But don't you feel like we're losing our touch? As in both of us don't communicate as much as we do, we're not as loving as before... And seeing how SooSun is so lovey dovey to each other after their honeymoon, it made me miss the time when we had just gotten married." Yuri sighed but was surprised when Jessica straddled her.

"I blame the heavy workload in the office." Jessica pouted, causing Yuri to chuckled at her cuteness. "Since you need to cover Yoona's workload when she was away in Japan, both of us were too exhausted for each other."

"Hopefully now that she's back, we can have more time for ourselves. Especially our 'y' time." Yuri smirked as Jessica nodded her head.

"Why don't we start having our y time right now?" Jessica's fingers began to play with the buttons of Yuri's shirt.

"You mean here? In the open space?" Yuri started to look around to see if there was anyone else presence as her breathings started to be irregular when Jessica managed to her shirt, exposing her white sports bra.

"Didn't you say that it was a private beach? Furthermore, don't you find it more exciting to do it in the open?" Jessica smirked a little but in a split second, she shrieked when Yuri flipped and hovered on top of her.

"Your wish is my command, my Sicababy." Yuri smiled sweetly as she leaned in to kiss Jessica on her lips.

************************

Taeyeon's POV

"Are you sure the meeting is here?" Tiffany asked the moment I stood beside her after taking the key from the reception counter.

"Of course. Wae?" I asked her back and took the handle of our luggages and pulled it along while Tiffany linked her arms with me.

"Because this hotel is too casual for a company's meeting. See. It's even beside the beach." Tiffany pointed out to the sea view from the lobby which was a distance away.

"We're in California, Orange County. It's your hometown. Maybe they just love the beach." I giggled when Tiffany frowned a little at my words. "Come on. We need to rest. I'm having jetlagged."

"Jetlag? Are you planning to just sleep in the whole day?" Tiffany tucked my arms as I turned to face her. "It's only 3pm. We should go out and enjoy the nice weather. The sky is so beautiful."

"But I'm tired." I pouted and stopped in front of our room door. "Let me sleep for a while then I'll accompany you out, okay."

Tiffany nodded her head as I gave her the card key to open the door. Once inside, I pulled the luggages in and placed it at the side. Our room was on the first floor and had direct access to the beach front. While Tiffany was enjoying the view, I jumped on the bed and was all ready to sleep when I felt another weight beside me.

"What time is your meeting tomorrow? How come I didn't see you packing any formal wear in your luggage?" Tiffany poked my waist as I tried not to open my eyes which was already closed. "Kim Taeyeon, don't pretend to sleep. I know you're still awake."

Opening just my left eye, I saw Tiffany looking straight at me with folded arms as I stretched my hand and yawned. "I didn't pack my office wear. It's an informal meeting."

I saw Tiffany frowning again as she squinted her eyes at me. I smiled at her and using my tired look, I told her that I really needed the rest. Tiffany finally gave in and told me that she wanted to walk around the hotel for a while.

Tiffany's POV

"Informal meeting?" I mumbled to myself as I closed the door softly.

Taeyeon really looked tired earlier. I guessed she's not use to flying long-distance, unlike me. As I made my way to the beach, I was reminded of my parents. Taking out my phone, I decided to call my dad.

Tiffany: Hello? Daddy?

Mr Hwang: Hi, my love. How have you been doing?

Tiffany: I'm fine, Dad. By the way, guess where I am right now?

Mr Hwang: Right now? In the toilet?

I half-shouted at my dad for his weird answer as I heard him laughing over the phone. I told him where I was and explained the reason as to why I was in California. We chatted for a while but what surprised me was that he kept telling me that there was no need for me to drop by to see him, each time I said that I wanted to do so.

Tiffany: But, Dad. I could just rent a car and drive up. 

Mr Hwang: It's fine, Tiffany. You're here for work. Even if you're okay with it, then what about Taeyeon? Are you going to drag her along or leave her at the hotel? You can always come home another day, my dear. When both of you are here for leisure.

I pouted at my dad's words even though I knew that he couldn't see it. I knew he was right anyway. We'll be having the meeting tomorrow and I'm not even sure what time it'll end or what exactly the agenda was since Taeyeon kept saying that she would handle everything tomorrow. She just needed me to be there to take down any necessary notes.

Tiffany: In that case, I'll see you around, Daddy. Please take care of yourself and call me often. I love you.

Mr Hwang: I love you too, sweetheart. Take care of yourself too and send my regards to Taeyeon.

***********************

"Why did you guys bring so much luggage?" Hyoyeon nagged at SooSun who just ignored her. "Aish, these two unnies...'

Hyoyeon turned around and was about to complain to Yoona when she saw her friend being lovey dovey to Seohyun. Hyoyeon sighed as she rolled her eyes at the two couples that were being sweet to each other.

"I should have followed my parents when they left for LA 3 days ago." Hyoyeon mumbled to herself as she walked towards the check-in counter, pushing the trolley with all their luggages on it.

Today, Hyoyeon would be flying to LA with SooSun and YoonHyun. Her parents had left 3 days ago for LA, a few hours before YulSic left for the same destination.

"Hey, Hyo. Did Taeng-unnie asked why me, Seohyun, Sica-unnie and Yul-unnie didn't send them off yesterday?" Yoona asked as Hyoyeon shook her heads.

"We told them that the 4 of you had sent your apologies for not sending them off and Fany said that it was okay, since they were just leaving for work." Sooyoung informed Yoona.

"Work? You mean until yesterday, Fany-unnie didn't know the truth?" Seohyun asked as the other girls shook their heads. "Daebak. I thought that she would at least be curious with the sudden plan to fly off to LA when your company doesn't even have any counterparts in that country."

"She did ask me and Soo about the meeting though. A few days after Soo's birthday, she came to the office and told me that Soo had asked Taeyeon to go to LA. At that time, Soo had not inform me about Taeyeon's plan yet so I was shocked to hear Fany saying that. Lucky for Soo, her wife is quick-witted and realised that she and Taeyeon must be up to something." Sunny smirked, feeling proud of herself while Sooyoung showed her a thumbs up. "So I told Fany that it was a new project handled by Soo so it's better for her to check with this tall shikshin instead."

Sunny poked Sooyoung's arm, who was giggling to herself. Sooyoung apologised for not informing Sunny earlier and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Does this mean that Sica-unnie is also aware of Taeng-unnie's plan?" Seohyun asked again as Yoona nodded her head.

"Since Yul-unnie planned to have a surprise event for Sica-unnie in LA, she had to lie about helping Taeng-unnie with her proposal plans so that Sica-unnie will agree to follow her. That was why they left 3 days earlier. Hopefully during those 3 days, both of them will rekindle their feelings for each other. Work had been tough for both of them and pressure for a grandchild from both sides of the family, had added on to the pressure." Yoona sighed as she sympathised with YulSic.

"Let's just hope for the best for both couples." Hyoyeon chuckled as the group of girls made their way to the departure hall.

Meanwhile, in a hotel room in LA, a sleepy-looking Taeyeon was being nagged at by her girlfriend.

"What do you mean it's not the time yet?" Tiffany asked as she folded her arms and stared at Taeyeon, who was still on the bed with half-opened eyes.

"The meeting is in the evening." Taeyeon yawned after answering Tiffany's question and was just about to lie down again when she heard Tiffany's voice.

"Kim Taeyeon. Don't you dare continue your sleep when I'm feeling very upset right now." Tiffany started to glare as Taeyeon finally opened both her eyes and sat up straight. "What kind of meeting is this? First you told me that it was informal. Now you tell me that it'll be in the evening. If you had told me earlier, I would not have woken up and rushed to get myself ready since I thought that we'll be running late."

"Mianhae." Taeyeon sincerely aoplogised when she saw that Tiffany had already dressed up. "I should have told you earlier."

Tiffany saw how Taeyeon was genuinely feeling guilty as she sighed. "It's okay. But is there anything else that I need to know about this meeting before I change back into my pyjamas?"

"It's actually a dinner meeting. An informal dinner meeting to discuss about the union of both sides." Taeyeon explained as Tiffany nodded her head and was about to proceed to the bathroom when Taeyeon stopped her. "Since you've already taken the effort to prepare yourself, let's go out for a date."

Tiffany was more than happy with Taeyeon's suggestion as she nodded her head while Taeyeon made her way to the bathroom. An hour later, both of them left the hotel in a rented car that Taeyeon had already booked from the hotel. They ate breakfast and lunch together while shopping around at a nearby mall.

"Ppany-ah, shall we get this? It looks cute." Taeyeon showed the jackets to Tiffany who instantly nodded her head.

tumblr_nmsrpygFDt1tinakxo1_1280.jpg

Both of them ended up wearing the jackets on the spot as Taeyeon made the payments. Tiffany then excused herself to the toilet while Taeyeon waited for her. Taking the opportunity of Tiffany's absence, Taeyeon quickly took out her phone and started dialing.

"Appa Hwang? Are you guys on the way there?" Taeyeon talked to the person on the other end as she nodded her head subconsciously. "Okay. I'll give the rest a call to check on their locations. I'll see you later."

Taeyeon looked to the toilet's direction and quickly dialed another number when she saw that Tiffany had not returned yet.

"Yah, Yul. Where are you now?" Taeyeon paused to wait for Yuri's reply but she frowned a little before a smirk appeared on her face. "Why are you breathing hard, Kwon Yuri?"

Taeyeon burst out laughing before she quickly informed Yuri to be on time and to shower properly before the meet-up. Taking another quick glance towards the toilet, Taeyeon dialed the next number.

"Kim Choding. Have you guys arrived yet?" Taeyeon bite her finger as she listened to Hyoyeon's complain about being stucked with two lovebirds throughout the flight journey. "Who told you not to bring a partner along? Anyway, I'll see you later and don't forget my stuff."

"See who later and what stuff?"

Taeyeon almost dropped her phone when she heard Tiffany's voice beside her, the moment she ended the phone call to Hyoyeon.

"It was Hyo. We were just chatting earlier while waiting for you to come out from the toilet. I said see you later to her as in a few days time." Taeyeon smiled and before Tiffany could question her further, she quickly looked at her watch and gave a surprise reaction. "Omo, I think we should make a move to our meeting place. It's going to be 6pm in 10mins time. Let's go."

***********************

Taeyeon drove them back to the hotel and Tiffany was suprised when one of the staff at the reception counter led them towards the beach. Both of them followed the staff as he brought them away from the public area to a more secluded side of the beach. More surprises were in store for Tiffany when she saw her dad and Taeyeon's parents were already seated at the long table that was nicely set up, against the beautiful backdrop of the evening sky where the sun was almost setting.

"Daddy? Appa Kim, Omma Kim?" Tiffany walked up to her father who welcomed her with a big hug. "What's going on? Why are all of you here? Taetae, you need to..."

Tiffany turned around to realise that Taeyeon was not there with her. She was so focused in walking up to the table that she didn't noticed her girlfriend had walked away before that. She was about to say something when her father told her to take a seat beside him while Mr and Mrs Kim sat opposite of them. Mr Hwang then informed Tiffany that Taeyeon's parents had came to visit him a few days back and they had been spending time together during that period.

"I didn't know that Taeyeon's parents were here. If I had known, I would have made the effort to see them." Tiffany bowed her head as an apology. "Taetae didn't inform me at all and you kept telling me not to come home when I insisted to drive back."

Tiffany pouted as she pointed her finger at her father who was laughing at her. Their attentions were soon diverted to the loud chatterings of voices that were heading their way as Tiffany's eyes widened when she saw SooSun, YulSic, YoonHyun and Hyoyeon appearing from the direction that she had arrived earlier. Tiffany stood up suddenly with a frown on her fcae.

"Okay. Seriously. What is really going on right now? And where is that Kim Taeyeon?"

Tiffany's hands were now on her hips as the other girls stood in a line before they slowly ped the jackets that all of them were wearing, revealing the T-shirt inside. Tiffany noticed that each of the t-shirt had a letter on it.

Seohyun - T, Yoona - I, Jessica - F, Yuri - F, Sooyoung - A, Sunny - N and Hyoyeon - Y.

"T... I... F.... Why are you guys spelling out my name?" Tiffany asked when she realised the combined words on their t-shirts.

The sun had already set by then so the area became slightly dimmed but after Hyoyeon clapped her hands, the area surrounding them was lighted up brightly with colorful lights, hanging on the nearby trees. At that moment, Tiffany saw Taeyeon appearing beside Hyoyeon with a dorky grin. Tiffany was about to say something when Taeyeon took off the couple jacket that they had bought earlier.

121376.front.jpg

Covering her gasping mouth after she was done reading the words on Taeyeon's t-shirt, Tiffany watched as her girlfriend walked up to her and asked for both of her hands.

"Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, I'm not good at expressing myself with words as I believe that actions speaks louder than words. Even so, I'm thankful that you were always able to understand me well and even better than I understand myself. I've lost you before and it really hurts me like hell. So, with all my love for you, would you please stay by my side and accept my proposal?"

Taeyeon bite her lips nervously as she waited for Tiffany's answer. Her eyes were looking down to the ground as she was afraid to look into Tiffany's eyes.

"Taetae, look at me." Tiffany said as Taeyeon slowly looked up and smiled along when she saw Tiffany was smiling sweetly at her. "When you've taken the effort to do these much for me, do you think I will reject you? Pabo-yah, Kim Taeyeon. Even if you had just simply walked up to me and asked, I would have said yes. I've waited for this moment since the very first time I said I love you, Taetae. Never doubt my love for you."

Tiffany pulled Taeyeon into a hug as everyone cheered them on. Words of congrats were heard as everyone took some time to settle down at the long table. Dinner was soon served as Tiffany started questioning Taeyeon about the whole plan.

"Remember that guy who had asked you out for lunch? That newbie." Taeyeon asked as Tiffany took some time to remember before nodding her head. "You commented that not everyone knew of us being together. That was when I decided it was time for me to make you mine officially. I wanted to propose on Valentine's day but it's a common date. So I thought of 18th since you were born on 1st of August but then I realised that Sica's birthday falls on the 18th too so I changed it to 27th."

"Why 27th?" Seohyun asked but before Taeyeon could answer her, Tiffany had already replied on her behalf.

"Because 2+7=9. Taetae was born on 9th of March and she's known as Taengoo among her close friends. She just loves that number. Everything about her has a 9 in it. Her office level, her apartment floor. Her car plate number." Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon who nodded her head in agreement.

"Anyway, once I decided the date, I informed Appa Hwang and my parents about my plan. Next to know about it was Hyo, Soo, Yul and Yoona. They then informed their own partners. My parents and YulSic came to LA 3 days go but they took different flights. The rest had just arrived a few hours ago." Taeyeon continued her explanation. "I went off earlier to change into the customised pink t-shirt that Hyo brought along."

"So, where is the proposal ring?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon's eyes widened with a shocked expression.