Friends

Goodbye, Hello

"Unnie!! Have you taken your medicine yet? Your girlfriend is bugging me to remind you."

Hyoyeon continued nagging at Taeyeon who was busy retouching the decorations on the wedding car.

"It's only 9.30am. I'm suppose to take my medicine at 10am." Taeyeon replied before she pouted as Yuri started laughing at her and calling her a baby. "Shut up, Kkab. I'm suppose to be the driver of the wedding car instead of you since I'm the best driver among us."

"Too bad, Midget. You're still recovering and none of us wants to face HellFany." Yuri answered as Hyoyeon nodded her head.

"Is everyone good to go?" Sooyoung appeared at the door, fully dressed up in an off-white suit while Taeyeon, Yuri and Hyoyeon were in a grey/black suit.

(Sooyoung's suit and the other girls' suit)

2011-wedding-trends-white-brides-suits-tit52828-1.png

"Yoong's not here yet. She was suppose to pick up your wedding rings." Hyoyeon answered and was about to call Yoona when a car stopped right by the roadside, in front of the wedding car.

Yoona came out, wearing the same suit as the other 3 girls and smiling widely while showing a half-eaten donut. "This is super nice." Yoona explained in excitement as Sooyoung's eyes widened and she started to her lips.

"Andwae, andwae..." Taeyeon stood in between Sooyoung and Yoona who was tempting her with the donut. "Soo, you're going to get your suit dirtied with the chocolate cream from the donut. Just not today, okay."

Sooyoung shook her head and tried to wrestle her way from Taeyeon's obstruction while Yoona quickly finished up the food. Frustrated for not getting at least a bite, Sooyoung accidentally pushed Taeyeon to the ground. The impact was not so great but everyone started to panic and crowded around Taeyeon as Yuri quickly lifted up the light weight girl from the ground and placed her on the stairs nearby.

"Taeng, are you okay? I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?" Sooyoung asked as she tried to lift Taeyeon's shirt but her hands were slapped away.

"Yah!! I fell onto my . The thing that hurts should be my , not my stomach area." Taeyeon growled and stood up. "Seriously, why is everyone being so edgy around me lately?"

Meanwhile, over at Sunny's place, the rest of the girls had also gathered to accompany the bride.

"Jessi, is it 10am already?" Tiffany shouted as she helped Sunny with her gown. "Oh my god. You look so stunning, Sunny." Tiffany praised her best friend before shouting out for Jessica who was lazing around on Sunny's bed to pass her phone to her since she needed to check on Taeyeon.

(Sunny's gown and the other girls' dresses)

off-white-wedding-dresses.jpg093822-Grey_bridesmaid_dress.jpg

"Do you know how naggy you are, Tiff?" Jessica walked up to them and handed Tiffany her phone. "How the hell does Taeyeon even tolerate all this?"

Tiffany, who was typing rapidly on her phone, paused when she heard Jessica's comments. Seohyun, who had went off with Yoona to pick up the rings, had just entered the room and was about to hand the ring box to Tiffany went Tiffany's phone rang.

"Hello." Tiffany answered her phone as a frown suddenly appeared on her face as she listened to the other person on the other line talking. "What?!! Okay. I'll informed Sunny about this."

Hearing Tiffany's shout and seeing her nervous look, Sunny started to feel worried as she walked up to her best friend. "What's wrong? Who called?"

"Hyoyeon. She said that Taetae had an argument with Soo and Yul." Tiffany sighed before turning to face everyone. "The worst part is Soo slapped Taetae who then drove off in anger."

************************

Taeyeon's POV

I pulled the handbrake and slammed my head against the seat. I felt the vibration again as I took out my phone from my pocket. 27 messages and 9 missed calls. Most of the messages were from Tiffany with a few from Hyoyeon and Yoona. I threw the phone lightly to the passenger seat and sighed.

It's been more than a week since I was disharged from the hospital. 10 days to be exact. SooSun's wedding would proceed as plan and today was actually their big day. Everything was fine until the argument occurred among us, 30mins ago.

I looked at my rear mirror and saw my reflection as my left hand subconsciously rubbed my waist area where the sutures from the operation was. Before leaving the hospital, the doctor had informed me that since my spleen had been partially removed, the risk for me to develop infections would be greater but it won't be as bad as if I had the whole spleen removed. That's the reason as to why I have to take a lot more supplements to keep my body fit. I would also be scheduled to take vaccinations at the hospital.

All of these were not the problem at the moment. The problem was that I'm starting to get a little agitated with all the constant concerns from the people around me. I understood that they were worried about me and love me a lot but it's getting on the nerves at this point.

Imagine having two of your bestfriends, kept messaging you every one or two hourly just to check on your condition. They would also drop by at your apartment during their free time which was like 3 or 4 times a day. I'm still on hospitalisation leave at the moment so I'll be at home most of the time. The first few days were fine with me since I really appreciate what they were doing but when they continued doing so for more than a week. it made you feel as if you're a burden to them.

Another person that I had to handle was Tiffany. I really love the care and attention that she had been giving me ever since I woke up at the hospital. She would take care of every little details for me up to the extend of making sure that my nails were neatly trimmed. Obviously, I'm thankful for all of those but she's been sticking to me for 24/7 that it made me feel as if she was not Tiffany. I mean, the Tiffany that I knew would take care of those too but at the same time, she would have time for her ownself, going out with her friends or doing things that she love. But now, it's all about me.

Like I said, it's not that I'm unhappy about all the attention and love that Sooyoung, Yuri and Tiffany were giving me but I feel constraint in my own space.

(Flashback 30mins ago)

"Seriously, why is everyone being so edgy around me lately?" I brushed my pants and looked up with an annoyed expression. "I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself too."

"What's with that attitude and tone of voice?" Yuri questioned as she pointed her finger at me. "We're just worried about you."

"That's enough." I accidentally shouted my sentence and was surprised myself when I blurted it out. "I mean.. I.. you.."

"You've had enough of us, you mean?" Yuri intercepted me as she folded her arms. "You find us irritating, don't you?"

"No." I answered half-heartedly but Sooyoung knew me better.

"You're lying. I can see it in your eyes that you're not being honest with us, Kim Taeyeon." Sooyoung's voice was firm as she glared at me.

Suddenly, I felt myself getting angry with her as I glared back. "Fine! I'm suffocating, okay!! I appreciate the care and concern that everyone is giving me but it's not as if I'm fragile or dying."

A burning sensation could be felt across my left cheek from Sooyoung's tight slap. I touched my cheek as I held back the tears that was threatening to fall.

"Don't you DARE.. talk.. about death.. so.. lightly.. again. EVER." Sooyoung's eyes became teary as she gritted her teeth while saying out her sentence.

I was starting to feel a little guilty for my choice of words but I didn't know why I was being stubborn at the moment. Looking at everyone's eyes who seemed to be blaming me, I pushed Sooyoung slightly and walked away, towards Yoona's car.

"Unnie!! You're not allowed to drive."

I heard Yoona's voice as I quickened my pace towards the car. I knew that Yoona had left her keys in the car earlier since she was busy eating the donut when she exited the car so I drove off before any of them could stop me.

************************

"She's not here yet?"

Tiffany frowned as Hyoyeon shook her head. All of them had arrived at the wedding hall where most of the guests were already seated. Sooyoung and Sunny had went off to discuss some details with the organisers and marriage officiant while their parents were standing at the entrance and greeting the remaining guests, just a few meters away from where they were standing.

"If only I didn't have to drive the wedding car and if only Soo didn't warn us about it, I would have went off to look for Taeng." Yuri sighed as Jessica rubbed her back. "I think Soo is really angry with her at the moment to the extreme of being against us to look for Taeng."

Tiffany sighed and bite her lips. After the phone call from Hyoyeon earlier, she had panicked and kept calling Taeyeon but her girlfriend didn't answer any of it. She even left her about a dozen messages but until now, there was no reply.

"Do you think I should...?" Tiffany was about to ask the girls when she was interrupted.

"No, you shouldn't go and look for her." Sooyoung replied as she stopped beside Tiffany. "Sunny is already in the waiting room, preparing to take photos with some of the guests. Why don't you girls go and accompany her?"

Sooyoung smiled a little as Tiffany, Jessica and Seohyun walked away. Once the girls were gone, Yuri stood beside Sooyoung who was staring at the elevator in front of the hall.

"How long more does she have?" Yuri asked as Sooyoung looked at her watch.

"20mins." Sooyoung sighed as she turned to look at Yuri, Hyoyeon and Yoona who were also looking at the same direction. "Let's just go in."

The 4 of them made their way in, down the red carpet as words of congrats were said to Sooyoung who smiled and said her thanks.

Yuri's POV

While making my way down the aisle walking behind Sooyoung, Yoona nudged my shoulders as I turned to my side. She handed me the ring box.

"Taeng-unnie is not here yet. You need to hold on to this, just in case she didn't make it. You'll have to takeover her place." Yoona explained as I nodded my head slowly. "I've already messaged Seohyun to inform her about you holding on to the ring box."

I nodded my head again and sighed. Taeyeon and Tiffany were supposed to be the 'best man' and 'maid of honor' today since Taeyeon was Sooyoung's first bestfriend before me while Sunny was Tiffany's first bestfriend before Jessica.

"Hey Yul. Do you think I went overboard earlier? As in slapping Taeng." Sooyoung whispered to me when we reached the end of the walk as we bowed a little to the marriage officiant.

I turned my head to face Sooyoung who was trying her best not to show her sadness with Taeyeon's absence. I didn't know what to reply her. A part of me seemed to agree with her actions but another part of me said that it was a little too much.

"Maybe we did made her feel suffocated. I mean, we did went to visit her everyday and it's like 3 or 4 times per day. I think we see Taeng more than we see our own partners." Sooyoung continued whispering even before I could reply her question earlier.

"I feel bad too. We should have been more understanding about her condition. We made her feel like a kid who needs constant supervision."

I replied as I saw Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun walking in and taking their position opposite me, Yoona and Hyoyeon. I saw that Jessica was standing in front of Tiffany with the ring box in her hand. It seemed that Tiffany had swapped the 'maid-of-honor' roles with my wife. I looked at my watch and realised that Sunny would be walking down the aisle with her dad in 5mins time.

"I don't think she's coming." Sooyoung said in a sad tone when she noticed me looking at my watch.

"Will you be angry at her for not attending?" I asked as Sooyoung shook her head.

"No matter what, she'll always be my bestfriend. Maybe I'll be upset a little but you won't expect her to come after I slapped her face hard, right?" Sooyoung explained as I sighed.

The hall door suddenly swung opened as everyone turned to face it, expecting Sunny to appear with her dad but we were totally surprised when Taeyeon appeared with a shy smile on her face while panting slightly. Bowing a little to the guests as she made her way down the aisle, I can see that her ears were turning red. I stole a glance towards Sooyoung to see her expression and was glad that she was smiling a little.

"Yah, KkabYul. Are you taking over my role as the 'bestman' also? You've already stolen the driver position from me." Taeyeon pouted at me as Sooyoung knocked on her head lightly.

"Yah! MidgetTaeng, stealing the limelight away from me is it? Walking down the aisle alone like a model." Sooyoung commented as Taeyeon smirked a little.

"Mianhae."

Both of them said at the same time as they looked at each other with apologetic expression.

"Are the both of you planning to kiss each other because you're giving one another a very caring look at the moment." Hyoyeon's voice echoed throughout the room as everyone laughed at her comments.

I didn't even realised when Hyoyeon stood at the podium since she was standing beside Yoona earlier. Hyoyeon was initially appointed as the MC of the wedding event today but since Taeyeon had not appeared earlier, she had to take over her sister's place to stand along me and Yoona.

As Hyoyeon announced that Sunny would be making her entrance soon, I quickly pulled Taeyeon to stand in front of me and handed the ring box to her. Jessica must have noticed my actions as she did the same to Tiffany and showed me a thumbs up.

************************

"I'm really sorry." Taeyeon said again even after Sooyoung released her from the hug. "I shouldn't have release my frustration on both of you."

"I'm sorry too. For slapping you. I should have held in my temper." Sooyoung replied.

"We're sorry for 'harassing' you since you were discharged from the hospital. We should have just left you in Fany's care. She should know what to do." Yuri also took the opportunity to say her apology.

"It's okay. I guess the 3 of us just love each other so much." Taeyeon said as Sooyoung and Yuri grinned dorkily. "By the way, is there any way that both of you can tell Ppany that she's 'harassing' me too?"

Taeyeon laughed out like an ahjumma with Yuri and Sooyoung joining in, before turning towards the outdoor jacuzzi where Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany were currently relaxing in. Taeyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung were gathered separately at the living room since all of them unanimously agreed that they wanted to have some bonding time with their own bestfriends. The 6 of them were at the presidential suite of the hotel that Sooyoung had booked for her after party wedding. Yoona, Seohyun and Hyoyeon didn't joined in since they were given the task to drive all their parents home.

"By the way, where did you go after you drove off in Yoona's car?" Yuri asked as Taeyeon smirked.

"She was at the wedding hall basement carpark." Sooyoung answered even before Taeyeon could reply as Yuri had a shocked expression. "Did you forget that I could track her movement by her phone?"

"Is that why you told us not to look for her? Because you knew that she was already nearby." Yuri asked as Sooyoung nodded her head. "But why were you late, Midget?"

Taeyeon chuckled a little and honestly admitted that she had fallen asleep in the car. "Luckily, Ppany messaged me again to inform me that she would handover the role of the 'maid-of-honor' with Sica since Yul was going to replace me as the bestman."

"So you ran all the way up?" Sooyoung asked as Taeyeon shook her head.

"Anni. I hate running. I took the elevator up and only start running from the time I exited the elevator to the time I pushed the entrance door open." Taeyeon grinned dorkily.

"Yah!! That's like less than 5 meters away and you are already panting?" Yuri punched Taeyeon lightly on her shoulder. "You need to start following me to the gym, Taeng. To build up your stamina, you need to exercise."

"That's right, Taeng. Especially after your marriage to Fany. I can see she's an active one." Sooyoung wriggled her eyebrows at Taeyeon while smirking cheekily.

"That's funny. Yul always tell me that she likes to exercise at night." Taeyeon started to grin. "Don't tell me, at night.. she and Sica..."

Taeyeon was not able to complete her sentence when Yuri threw a pillow at her. Taeyeon started laughing out loud like ahjumma with Sooyoung joining in the laughter. Yuri kept smacking both of them and calling them byun before Sooyoung and Taeyeon retaliated. The 3 of them ended up wrestling and tickling one another on the floor while laughing out loud.

"What's going on in here?"

The 3 of them stopped their actions and sat up straight to face their partners. Their eyes widened when they saw the view in front of them. Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany were just wearing their 2-piece bikini suits with a towel covering their lower regions. Taeyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung had their jaws literally dropped as they didn't even blink their eyes.

"Okay. Time for bed. Everyone... Shoo.. Shoo.." Sooyoung stood up eagerly as Yuri followed her actions.

"Me too. Sica, quick. Let's go to our room to rest." Yuri stretched her hands out towards Jessica.

"Yah!! This is not fair. I still don't have the license to 'exercise' at night." Taeyeon commented as she pouted.

"Why do you need to have license to exercise, Taetae? You can just do it anytime and anywhere. Not necessary to be at night. I can accompany you if you want." Tiffany said as Taeyeon could feel her ears turning red as her cheeks became warmer.

Sooyoung and Yuri started to laugh out loud before Jessica whispered something into Tiffany's ears. Soon, Tiffany started to blush before she bite her lips and dashed out of the room, feeling embarrassed.

10mins later, Taeyeon was standing in front of the hotel room as she held on to the door's knob and took a deep breathe.

"Good luck, Taeng." Yuri, who was standing a door away, giggled at her own remarks before she closed the door behind her.

YulSic and TaeNy had booked the executive suites which was a floor below the presidential suite that Sooyoung had booked. After Tiffany ran off in embarrassed earlier, Sooyoung, Yuri and Taeyeon had received a lengthy scolding from Sunny and Jessica for their erted minds.

"Ppany?" Taeyeon walked in slowly as she scanned the room.

CN_execsuite03_21_700x525_FitToBoxSmallD

There was no sign of her girlfriend in the living area as Taeyeon made her way to the bedroom. Pushing the sliding door slightly, she was greeted by a scream before she slammed closed the door.

"Mianhae, Ppany-ah. I didn't know you were changing." Taeyeon shouted as she leaned her back against the door and tried to calm herself down. It'll be a lie if she said that she didn't see anything but Tiffany's back view made her smile a little.

The door suddenly slide opened as Taeyeon fell to the floor on her . Tiffany glared at her before walking away as Taeyeon stood up. Observing Tiffany who took a seat at the sofa while grabbing the remote control, Taeyeon smiled again. Her girlfriend had changed into her Victoria secret pyjamas and was still concentrating on the TV screen when Taeyeon came back 10mins later after changing into her pyjamas.

"Ppany-ah, I've changed into my pyjamas. Let's go and sleep." Taeyeon stood by the sliding door.

Without turning her face, Tiffany replied to Taeyeon's sentence. "Go ahead. I'll be sleeping on the sofa tonight."

Taeyeon saw Tiffany taking the small pillow and placed it on the sofa's arm rest as Tiffany laid herself down. Taeyeon thought that Tiffany must be angry at her because of the earlier argument that she had with Sooyoung and Yuri where she had drove off. Tiffany had clearly informed her that she was not allowed to drive for at least a month as advised by the doctor. The embarrasing incident earlier might have aggravated Tiffany's anger towards her.

Making her way towards the bed, Taeyeon tried to think of a way to make amends.

"Aaarrgghhhhh!!!"

A shout was heard coming from the bedroom as Tiffany jumped out from the sofa before dashing in.