Fast forward

Goodbye, Hello

"Taengoo, are you sure you won't be attending the reunion again this July?"

Taeyeon didn't even bother to look up as she just shook her head. Her eyes were focused on the documents that was spread out on her table.

"Are you really that busy, Taengoo? Did my SunnyBunny gave you a lot of work to do?"

"It's my job, Soo. Anyway, I'm not interested in the reunion. There's no reason for me to attend anyway since I can always meet you guys up any time I want after work."

"Except for Tiffany."

Sooyoung quickly kicked Yuri's leg who had covered the moment the last sentence ended. The two of them then slowly turned to look at Taeyeon who had a solemn look on her face before she gave a slight smile to her two bestfriend in front of her.

"I'm going off to a meeting. I'll see you guys later then."

Taeyeon collected all the files that was on her table and stood up before walking out from her room.

"Kwon Yuri, are you turning into Hyo? Your mouth moving faster than your brain?"

Sooyoung knocked Yuri on her forehead with her knuckles.

"Yah!! I didn't do it on purpose okay. It was a slip of the tongue. But seriously, how long has it been? 3yrs? 4yrs?"

"If you count the exact year that they broke up, it'll be coming to 4yrs. They broke up before the winter break of our 3rd year in university life."

"Soo, don't you think we should do something about this? I mean it's already 4years and I can see that Taeng still loves her a lot. She was her first love just like me and Sica. You and Sunny."

"I don't know, Yul. The Taengoo that I once knew is no longer the same. She's not as mischievous and easy-going as before. I'm afraid that she'll be angry if we try to meddle with her problem."

Sooyoung and Yuri sighed as both of them leaned back into the seats. They were startled when the phone on Taeyeon's table rang. Sooyoung stood up and answered the phone.

"Kim Taeyeon, where the hell are you? The meeting will be starting in 10mins."

"SunnyBunny, Taengoo is not here. She already left about 10mins ago."

"Youngie? What are you doing in Taeyeon's office? And what do you mean she left 10mins ago? Where did she go?"

"If I remember correctly, she told me earlier that she had a meeting to attend to. You mean she's not there yet? Where could that midget be? Aigoo, this is all Yul's fault."

When Yuri heard her name being mentioned, she automatically stood up straight and headed towards Sooyoung with a questioning look. Sooyoung covered the handset of the phone and told Yuri that Taeyeon had went missing. Yuri then dashed out of the room to look for Taeyeon.

"What do you mean it's Yuri's fault? What happened earlier? Hello, hello? Youngie, are you still there?"

"Yes, yes. I am. Sorry, I had to tell Yul what happened. She just left to look for Taengoo."

"Yuri was also in the office? What exactly happened in there, Youngie?"

Sooyoung knew that Sunny was upset from her tone of voice as she took a deep breathe before telling her girlfriend what happened earlier.

"Of all things, why did Yuri had to mention Fany's name? You both should know better than anyone else about how sensitive Taeyeon is when it comes to Fany. Never mind then. I'll handle the meeting myself. I just hope Taeyeon is okay. I'll hang up now, Youngie. I'll see you later."

"Sorry for causing all this problem, Bunny. I'll see you later then."

Sooyoung placed the handset back on to the phone before she took out her own handphone to message Yuri, asking about her whereabouts.

********************************

At the rooftop of Lee Entertainment building where only the top management have accessed to, a lone figure was leaning against the wall just beside the rooftop door. With her head looking up to the sky but eyes closed, Taeyeon took a deep breathe.

"I'll never walk away from you neither will I ever leave you."

"I want to keep hearing your laughter and keep looking at your eye-smile so I promise you Ppany-ah, I'll worked hard to always give you the happiness that you wish for."

Those words kept replaying in Taeyeon's mind as she felt a familiar warmness flowing down her cheeks. 'What happened to us, Ppany-ah? Was it all my fault?'

The sound of someone trying to gain access to the door, alerted Taeyeon as she quickly walked forward to the railings while trying to wipe away her tears. By the time the door was opened, Taeyeon was already pretending to be looking out to the beautiful scenery of Seoul in front of her. Sooyoung walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Taengoo?"

She didn't receive any response from her best friend as Sooyoung walked towards where Taeyeon was standing. She didn't have to look at Taeyeon to know that her best friend of 12yrs had just cried. Sooyoung joined Taeyeon in looking out to the scenery outside, just waiting for Taeyeon to clear her mind.

"Is Sunny looking for me?" Taeyeon finally opened before letting out a deep sigh. "She must be really mad at me for not attending the meeting."

Sooyoung shook her head which didn't go unnoticed from Taeyeon. "She's worried about you. She knew what happened in the office earlier."

All Taeyeon did was to just nod her head. Silence filled the air again until Sooyoung's handphone rang.

"Yes, Yul..... We're at the rooftop.... How am I suppose to know? You're the one who ran off without me earlier." Sooyoung talked through the phone as Taeyeon rubbed her face. "Fine, fine... We'll meet you downstairs."

Once Sooyoung kept her phone in her back pocket, she wrapped her arms on Taeyeon's shoulder's.

"You know that we're always here for you, right?" All Taeyeon did was just to nod her head, a response that Sooyoung herself had expected. "Let's go down. Yul is waiting for us in your office."

Just when they were about to move, Sooyoung's phone rang again.

"Bunny?... I did... We're making our way back to Taeng's office... Okay. I'll see you there then." Sooyoung turned to look at Taeyeon.

"Did Sunny sound normal?" Taeyeon asked as Sooyoung nodded her head. "I guess the meeting went well. Told her that she didn't actually need me there. She's the President anyway."

"But you're the Executive Vice President, Taeng. Which is why she needs you to be there."

"You can also replace me in the meeting since you're the Vice President. The only reason why I'm one rank higher than you is because you at finance."

Sooyoung chuckled in embarassment at the truth that Taeyeon had said. Sooyoung wasn't good in dealing with financial matters so Taeyeon had to take over the role of the Executive Vice President which is also known as the Chief Finance Officer.

********************************

It was already 8pm and Taeyeon was still seated in her office chair. She looked at her watch and looked back at the pile of documents on her table. Immersing herself into work was the only way that could make her mind stop thinking of someone. Someone that she missed so much. Her phone vibrated for the umpteenth time as she opened up the group chat.

ShikshinSoo: Taengoo, are you still in the office?

SunnyBunny: Yah!! How can you work harder than the President? I'm not going to pay you overtime.

KkabYul: Everyone is waiting for you, Taeng.

ChodingHyo: Unnie, don't you miss your lil sister? It's been weeks since you came back home.

IcySica: Yah, Choding. You're making me miss my sister more. I've not seen her since Seobang's birthday party.

SunnyBunny: Don't worry. She and Seohyun will be back for Youngie's birthday celebration next week.

ByunTae: Aren't you guys suppose to be already gathered at the pub? How come all of you are so active in the groupchat? Go and talk to each other face to face. I'm on my way there. Give me 15mins.

Taeyeon put her phone aside as she rearranged the documents on her table while keeping some in her drawer. Talking her coat from the back of her seat, she stood up and walked out of her office.

30mins later,

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. I thought you said you'll be here in 15mins?" Sooyoung asked as she teasingly handed Taeyeon a bottle of soju which Taeyeon rejected.

"Mianhae. There was an accident earlier, causing a little jam." Taeyeon smiled a little and bowed down her head as a form of apology as she ordered a glass of coke.

"Unnie, when are you coming home to visit us? Umma and Appa have been asking about you. They miss you a lot but they understand that you're busy so they just ask me to make sure you're fine whenever I see you."

Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon with a guilty expression on her face. "I'll give them a call later. Maybe I'll come home this weekend. If my work is done."

"Yah, why do you make it sound as if I'm giving you a lot of work?" Sunny pouted and folded her arms. "You're lucky that you don't have to travel overseas like Yoona who holds the same rank as you at Jung Enterprise."

"Now I miss my little sister again." Jessica said as she leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder. "Omo, Seobang. I forgot to remind you to email Yoona about the quotations for the new project with our Japanese counterparts. They're suppose to meet up for dinner tonight at 8pm to discuss about it."

"I've already sent it to her, sweetheart. I did it before I left the office to look for Soo." Yuri smiled at Jessica before giving her a peck on the lips.

"Aigoo, these two Unnies.. Can the two of you stop acting so lovey-dovey like newlyweds? Honeymoon period should be over by now." Hyoyeon curled up her fingers at them. "Furthermore, we've agreed before that once we're in this pub, we're suppose to avoid any work matters." Her remarks made her received a high-five from Sooyoung.

"Sorry, Hyo. It's just a habit of mine. I guess this happens when you work as a secretary to your own partner." Jessica apologised. "Yul left the office earlier to meet up with Soo to talk about the reunion just now which was why I had forgotten about it."

"No wonder I was surprised to hear that the President of Jung Enterprise was in Taeyeon's office earlier." Sunny said as everyone turned to look at Taeyeon who was obviously not listening to the conversation as she looked lost in her own thoughts, staring at the dance floor.

********************************

Hyoyeon's POV:

I felt a tinge of sadness when I looked at my Unnie. How long has it been since I last saw her smile happily like she used to?

Another year has passed by. Yuri-unnie and Sica-unnie are already happily married since September last year. Yuri-unnie is now the President of Jung Enterprise, working under Uncle Jung as the Chairman while Sica-unnie is her secretary. Yoona is the Executive Vice President with Seohyun as her secretary. Both of them had to travel overseas frequently due to the nature of their business which is a fashion company.

Sunny-unnie is the President of Lee Entertainment, working under her dad with Taeyeon-unnie reporting to her as the Executive Vice President. Sooyoung-unnie is their Vice President. Both Sooyoung-unnie and Sunny-unnie are already engaged since 3months ago.

As for me, I'm currently helping Appa out with his company. Taeyeon-unnie used to work with Appa but when she was offered to work with Sunny-unnie as the Executive Vice President, she decided to take up the job. Appa was the one who urged her to take the offer since Unnie graduated with a degree in music studies and also a degree in financial management.

I'm not sure if the real reason for Taeyeon-unnie deciding to move out was really because of work but my gut feelings told me otherwise. Ever since moving out, Unnie had turned into a workaholic. I've heard rumors that she'll report work at 7am and would sometimes stay there until 9pm or 10pm almost everyday.

Taeyeon-unnie would return home about once or twice a month and everytime I see her at home, she would act differently whenever our parents were around. She would try to smile more even though I could see that it was a forced smile. I knew she didn't want our parents to worry about her which was why she would always pretend that she's fine.

Unnie, do you know how much I miss the old you? The dorky and happy-go-lucky sister that could smile easily especially when Tiffany-unnie was around. Speaking of which, I miss her too. Tiffany-unnie who was always very hyper and generous with her eye-smiles. I wonder where she is right now?