In Public?

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She finally stopped struggling from Mark, but she put her hoodie over her head to hide her face. Whenever Mark would try to talk to her she would keep the answer strictly to a maximum of three sentences. He knew she was sulky, but he really wanted to show her that he was okay with them going out in public. However, he also knew her too well not to push his luck and gave her back her hand. It was that time when Mark was fixing her hair after she let down the hood of her jacket, that Yugyeom and Somi caught up with them. The younger girl's eyes widen in surprise and didn't miss a beat.

Somi looked around them, making sure the coast was clear and moved closer over to the couple.

"Noona," Jackson said, clearing his throat to ease the tension he could feel between Mark and her. "Meet Somi from I.O.I."

Somi bowed in greeting. "Annyeong haseyo, Jeon Somi imnida."

"Annyeong haseyo," was all Eunhye could say. She quickly hid her hands inside her jacket pocket in case Mark had any thoughts of grabbing them again in front of his labelmate.

Somi looked around again and inched closer to her. "Heokshi, Eunhye-eonni aningayo?Are you Eunhye?"

That caught her by surprise. She was sure this was the first time that she was going to meet the infamous center of MNet's new success. "NeYes."

"Mark-oppa-ui yeochin?Mark's girlfriend?"

"What?" Eunhye gulped.

"MajaYeah, she is," Mark answered. He had accidentally told Somi about Eunhye one time when the trainee had borrowed his phone. 

"I knew it!" She turned to poke Yugyeom on the shoulder. "KeobwaLook, naega matdanikkaI told you I was right."

Jackson accusingly looked at Yugyeom, who shook his head to say he was innocent. He then put an arm around Somi's shoulders and whisperred. "Pimil jikkilsu itgetjiYou can keep this as a secret, right?"

"Of course," she replied. "Oppa ga hangsang handeupeon bomyeonseo utgo isseosseo mak yeochin itdagu saenggakhaesseoHe's always looking at his phone, smiling, so I thought he had a girlfriend. Sana-eonni ijul arasseoI thought it was Sana. JinhaetjanhaYou two are close."

Mark's eyes widen at the suggestion and covered Eunhye's ears. "Somi mitjimaDon't believe her."

Somi laughed at her own prank and exchanged high fives with Bambam. 

"Hyung," Yugyeom whispered to Mark. "Noona bwabwaLook at her." They both studied Eunhye's face as she silently watched Somi laughing with Bambam. "Noona ppajyeonabwaShe looks like she fell in love."

Eunhye watched Somi exchange jokes with the boys and realized there was nothing to be jealous about. Besides, she was way too adorable to stay mad at. She didn't do anything bad to Eunhye, and she was actually surprised at her observation skills. Her sense of humor also matched hers. Eunhye was reminded of her own self back when she was ten years younger. She noticed Somi was calling Bambam and Yugyeom," Oppa," so it gave her a rough idea of her age.

Somi surprised her when she pulled Eunhye away from Mark while looking around. "Let's make it less suspicious," she said and encircled her arm around Eunhye's. "Eonni, da sasseoyodid you get everything you need?"

Mark watched the two girls walk to the counter to pay for their groceries. Bambam and Jackson trailed behind them, pushing the cart. He actually expected Eunhye to be cold to Somi after their misunderstanding, but he saw her smile for the younger girl was genuine. Knowing Eunhye, her "Noona/Eonni" button must have been switched on. He also realized Somi was right. Eunhye walking with her around the grocery store instead of any of them, members, would be less suspicous.

Eunhye was all smiles as she waved at Somi in the taxicab she got in with the three other members of GOT7 who offered to take her back to her dorm, so Mark thought everything was fine. However, when they got in Eunhye's car, she became quiet again. She even got inside the passenger seat without saying anything and handed him the keys. 

As they drove, it was awfully quiet. The whole ride back, she was staring out the window.

It wasn't like she was jealous over Somi. What she was pissed about was that Mark had to parade her in the store like that, when he knew she wasn't ready. Reporters have already contacted her nonstop to get her side on the lawsuit. She was a normal person, so why does she have to put up with those kinds of harrassments?

In the car, it was awfully quiet. She just kept using her phone. Mark decided to pass by the Han River and parked there. Noona looked at him questioningly, but he just shrugged and said he needed some air. He got out and sat on the hood of her car to stare out at the night. She's obviously mad at him about something but whenever he asked her what it was, she kept shrugging him off. Noona got out of the car, too. But instead of sitting beside Mark, she shoved her hands in her jacket pocket and went walking away, her hood on her head. He just watched her from afar as she met two guys with two dogs. Seeing the animals, Mark went to them, too.

"Orae maninde, oppa!Long time no see!" Mark heard her say, and he could see her hug someone.

When he got near enough, he saw who she was talking to. Suho and of course, Chanyeol. The taller guy just stood a couple feet away, though, good for him, Mark thought. She went to pet a dog she called Monggu and the other one, a puppy whose name Chanyeol said was Sehee. Mark on the other hand stood a good five meters away.

Mark was in no mood to talk to anyone so he walked back to the car. It was not like they saw him anyway. He didn't want to be rude by not greeting them, but he didn't want to fake anything either so he just better avoid it. Noona came back to the car a couple minutes later.

Again silence filled the car on their way back to her house. The others were already there, and they were waiting for them to open the door. 

Immediately, Noona started cooking with Bambam and Yugyeom, as usual. Jackson and Mark helped too, in chopping ingredients and tasting them of course. No one said anything about it, but the three younger ones noticed that the couple were basically not talking to each other, at least not if necessary. They could tell something was wrong but kept quiet, the same way children would shut their mouth when Mom and Dad tried not to show that they were actually fighting, and are just playing nice for the kids, who just sat there, mouths zipped for fear it might worsen the situation. 

But Jackson, being Jackson, he just had to ask. Pretending to be interested in what she was stirring in the pot and using some chopped root as an excuse, he approached her.

"Sausseo?Did you fight?" he asked. 

"Aniyo," she shook her head and scooped some of the stew she was cooking and feeding it to Mark, who was actually surprised when she did.

"I think it need more salt."

Jackson stared at the two of them. They just refuse to make eye contact. "Ey, hosae, hosaeBluff, bluff. Ow!" Noona had kicked him in the shin to shut him up.

What Mark couldn't understan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter