Just an old friend

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye went inside the bathroom to wash her face before she developed any rash. She use hypoallergenic perfumes, because she was allergic to them. When she opened the door, a polaroid photo fell. Examining it, it was Mark, his mouth opened cutely and a toothbrush at hand. It was hers. She flipped the photo over and a message was written at the back.

Bogoshipgo neoman saenggakhaeseo I almost used your toothbrush. Almost. Keokjeongma ansseosseo. Ha Ha.
I miss you and was thinking about you that I almost used your toothbrush. Almost. Don't worry, I didn't. Ha Ha.

She looked around the bathroom and found another photo by the sink. This it was Mark with a sad face sitting on the bathtub. He was fully clothed, thank goodness. Eunhye liked reading so much that there was a bookshelf inside her bathroom. She'd always sit in the bathtub and read. Mark was immitating her in this picture and that made her laugh. He'd always say that Eunhye's claustrophobia was bogus because she'd sometimes fall asleep inside her bathtub which is in an enclosed space. She'd reason out that she always leave the bathroom door open and that there was a wide glass window on one side of the wall anyway. 

Seeing Mark's face in pictures was the most common thing for her -- heck, all her gadget's wallpapers were all of him -- but the Polaroids made her miss him more. She showered quickly and prepared to go to their company. She loved watching them practice. And somehow, having someone watching them made the boys more inspired to put in more effort.

Hangsang heoseForever bluffing.

She made a little bit of effort when she stepped in front of the mirror.  She can already imagine Junior teasing her for the peach-colored lipstick she's putting on her lips at that moment. Her hair had grown longer, now reaching below her shoulders, and she gathered her hair in one hand and pushed it back, letting it fall back casually. After putting on a pair of M-shaped earrings, she was out the door.

On her car, she turned up the volume to the song "Laugh, laugh, laugh" and sang along with the Japanese lyrics. She didn't listen to GOT7 songs during the time that she and Mark were apart because she felt like she'd cry even on the happiest song in their album. But now that everything was as perfect as it could be with GOT7's eldest, she was catching up to all songs. Her phone suddenly rang (with Girls, Girls, Girls as the ring tone) and she pressed the Bluetooth device on her ear that was connected to her phone.

"Jigeum eodi? Hankuk isseo?Are you in Korea?"

Chanyeol's voice was unusually perky. And since he went AWOL from their schedules, he had so much time in his hands just like today.

"Eo. Nan JYP Ent kago isseoI'm going to JYP Ent," she replied.  "Wae?"

"KeunyangNothing," he went, his disappointment wasn't missed by Eunhye's ears. She had more than two years to figure out this tall guy on the other line. "Nan shimshimhaeI'm bored."

"JYP kachi kalkka?Wanna go with me to JYP? Sae kaeyakeul sign haedo dwaeYou can sign a new contract there," she joked. 

"Niga hamyeon nado sign halkkeIf you do, I'll do it too."

"TwaesseoForget it. SUV ajikdo manhi isseoThere are still a lot of SUV's."


*******************


[2013-SEPT-3]

"Naeil?Tomorrow?" Chanyeol choked on his japchae when Eunhye told him she wanted to take JYP's casting and would go to an audition for the next day. "Niga?You? Honja ka?Are you going alone?"

"Keureom kachi kalkka?Why, will you go with me?"

"Schedule itneundeBut I have schedules." His face was serious and Eunhye laughed at it. She was just kidding about asking him to go with her. Him going with her on a JYP audition was the least bit logical.

"Schedule eobseumyeon niga kalkka?You'll go if you didn't have schedule? Michyeosseo?Are you crazy?"

"Mwonga michyeosseo?What's crazy about that? Keugeo bogoshipeoI want to see that." He meant the routine that she had been practicing, and the song that she prepared for the audition.

"Joltaero bomyeon andwaeI won't let you see that, ever. "

That night, Chanyeol had to leave for a Radio schedule, and she was left alone in her house until the next morning. Staring at the ceiling, for the first time, there was something that preoccupied her mind than just Chanyeol. For the first time, she was freaked out. Park Jinyoung was known for being meticulous when it comes to judging. It's not an assurance that he was the one who casted her, he could still change his mind any time. But also for the first time, she could see a glimpse of Chanyeol's world, and there was a chance to be a part of it. She'd enter the type of life that she was scared of: a life with no freedom.

Why did she want to take up JYP's offer, again?

The next day, she rode the bus to the neighborhood where JYP Building stood and got off on the nearest bus stop. She decided not to bring her car because there was no place to park it. The roads were too narrow and she was a bit uncomfortable, that was why she wanted to walk toward the building. Putting her hands inside her jacket pocket, and pulling up her hood over her head, she made up her mind to go through with it before she could think of running away. Her stomach growled, she hadn't eaten breakfast because she didn't have appetite in the morning. Passing by a kiosk, she bought a stick of fish cake. She had to move a bit further when three boys came to buy ddeokbeokki. They were playing and she didn't want to repeat what happened on her first meeting with Park Chanyeol when the barbeque stick that she had on her hand went through her other hand when he bumped into her (pretty hard). The three boys were singing "Happy Birthday," and got free fish cakes from the ajjuma on the kiosk. Finishing two sticks already, she threw her empty  paperplate on the trashbin and went along her way.

When she rounded the corner, just one block away from the JYP building, that was when a midnight blue SUV hit her square, and she heard something crack, and suddenly she couldn't feel her left leg. She hit the ground hard, and knew she hit her head, because she swore she could see stars. And then it went dark. When she woke up, she was in the hospital, two broken ribs, a broken leg, a nasty headwound and Park Yoora, Chanyeol's sister, by her bedside.


****************


"Ya!"

She winced at how loud Chanyeol's voice went. He didn't like it whenever she joked about that "accident" on that day. That was the day that everything changed between her and Chanyeol. Upon hearing that she was rushed to the hospital, he almost left their schedule that day. That was when the company knew about the two of them.

"Wae?!" she yelled back at him. She looked at her wristwatch(the one Mark gave her) and decided to spare this tall kid an hour and a half of her time. "Arasseo. Neorang nolkkeI'll play with you. Ddak han shigan manJust one hour only."

"Keol." 

She agreed to meet him ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter