Sixteen Months Gone

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Dear Reader: This is the 2nd Book already, so if you haven't read the first one yet, I suggest you read it first.

 

Kamsa hamnida!]

 

 

"SumimasenExcuse me, sono shiito ga atashino o desuthat's my seat. D4?"

Mark opened his eyes and closed them again when he heard that. Someone must have been talking to him, but he was too tired and the sentence didn't even register in his brain until she spoke again. 

"Wait, Mark?"

This time he opened his eyes fully to look at the one who spoke. The person standing right next to his business class seat looked too familiar. Her hair was different--she cut it short and dyed it red, looking more like an Japanese animation character than a game programmer--and she had eye make-up on, but it was her. It was Eunhye.

"NOONA!!" Jackson suddenly appeared, crushing Eunhye in a bearhug. "I missed you! I could kiss you right now."

"HajimaDon't," she warned, although she hugged Jackson back. The other members also came and greeted her, JB giving her a high five, Youngjae jumped up and down excitedly, Yugyeom greeting shyly, Jinyoung complimenting her new hair and Bambam also giving her a hug just like Jackson. Only Mark stayed seated. He didn't know what to do.

She disappeared on him for over a month and now everyone was welcoming her like she just left for a few weeks and stayed in touch. Which she didn't. And Mark still didn't know how to react at the current situation because of that. He had waited for a long time for her to contact him, even tried to go Japan and look for her although everyone stopped him, and he didn't know what was going on with her because she blocked him on her SNS sites. Mark thought he didn't miss her that much anymore. Yet, judging by the way his heart was aching at the sight of her, he was not over her yet. Far from it.

"Eunhye." It came out as a grunt at first, and he had to clear his throat and say it again. Everyone looked at him and Eunhye, and soon every member went back to his own seat. 

"Ilbon-e illeumi Maeko Nana daI go by Maeko Nana in Japan."

"You're here?" he still couldn't believe it. If his mind had just conjured this image of her, it wouldn't be the first time.

"Ya. BikyeowaMove your . Keu jari naekeoyaThat seat is mine," she said, pointing to the window seat. "The clerk was a fan of mine, and I specifically asked for a window seat. Nado fan isseotgeodeunI have fans, too, you know."

How could she act as if the past sixteen months didn't happen? How could she be normally chatty with them as if she never disappeared? She pulled Mark out of the seat and that was when Mark knew he wasn't dreaming and she was really there. 

"Suwatte kudasaiPlease sit down, Maku-san."

He collapsed on the seat next to her. "I thought you're not going back?"

"Nae game-eun daebaknasseoMy Game was a big hit. Was that why you didn't come pick me up like you said you would?"

"Eodi kaneunji mollasseoI didn't know where to go. And no, your game wasn't a hit. I haven't even heard about it yet." 

Liar. He already downloaded it the moment they released the game. Okay, he was two days late, but that was because they had to go to Indonesia at that time for a Kpop Conference. Mark got up and moved to the seat right next to hers.

"Oh you will, now. I'm going to Seoul. We'll be releasing a Beta Game on a new server for South Korea."

"In Korea. You."

"I think I'm gonna stay for good." Mark's heart jumped at that. She'll be staying. In Korea. But then it could be one of those promises she told him back then. "If the Game turn out well in Korea, that is."

Mark's hand reached for hers before he could stop himself. This time, she held his hand, too. 

The thought of her being back in Korea made Mark smile for a bit, then he remembered something and he let go of her hand. e got excited to see her he forgot he was mad at her for leaving, for not coming back when she ssaid she would, for not calling him even once for the whole time she was away.

But she didn't seem to notice his change of mood and started talking to Jackson and Jinyoung. Or if she did, she was just ignoring it. Soon, Mark got annoyed and put back his earphones.

She didn't get to leave and come back just like that. Not for Mark.

The airplane left and soon they were up in the air. He got that usual feeling that he left something, like he always did since the plane they rode left the Philippine ground over a year ago, when he waited for her to show up, even for just a few seconds. She was talking about being able to lease a house at a familiar location.

"In the neighborhood?" Jackson said. "Wow. We can still visit you then!"

"Keurae... Naega pappeungeol gateundeI might be busy though."

"Keureohmyeon manhwareul kkok ilkeoyadwaejyo?Then I should really read your comic, huh?" Jinyoung said.

"An ilkyeotdagu?You mean you haven't?!"

"Molasseoseo!I didn't know!" he defended himself. "Noonaga kapjjagi sarajyeotgeodeunyoYou disappeared s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter