Fanletter

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up alone on the bed, alone in Mark's room and alone inside GOT7's dorm. Mark obviously didn't wake her up when they all left for the salon to get ready at four AM. It was already two hours before noon when she woke up, and she was hungry but she just rolled on Mark's bed and took in his scent left on the pillow.

Her phone suddenly rang and she answered it with a hoarse voice.

"Good morning."

"Wae kae-eojuji anhaesseo?Why didn't you wake me?" she asked Mark.

"Haetgeodeun!I did!" he said, laughing on the other line. "Neon keunyang 'Eung, eung,' hago deo jasseoYou just nodded and went back to sleep."

She groaned. She didn't remember any of it, but she was sure Mark was right. She must be pretty exhausted to just go back to sleep and ignore him. 

"Jigeum mwohae?What are you doing now?" she asked, pulling up the covers to her chin. The bed smelled like him that she didn't want to get up.

"Getting ready," he replied. "Fansigning hanteFor the fansigning event. Najunge nuji olgeot gataeI think we'll go home late."

"Okay. I'm sleeping over the company anyway." She got up and made the bed while putting Mark on loudspeaker.

"Meogeosseo?Did you eat?" Mark asked her.

"AjikNot yet," she replied, dusting off his pillow and putting it back neatly on the bed. Mark then had to end the call because they were going out for the fansigning already.

She looked around and decided she couldn't leave the MarkSon room looking like it did at that moment. She was bad at cleaning her own bedroom, but she was good at cleaning other people's. Whenever she cleaned her room, she end up rearranging the furniture and changing all the sheets and curtains, and she had to fight that urge as she rearranged the toys the fans gave the boys on each bunk, put the dirty clothes that were strewn around in haste in the basket, closed their accessories drawer and neated out the bed covers. It had been over two years since they debuted and their room still looked the same. The only thing that changed was the double decker bed, with Mark sleeping at the top bunk and Jackson on the lower one. They still lacked spaces for their clothes, even if some of Mark's were already in a spare drawer at her house. It was almost lunch time when she was done cleaning and she had get out of there fast before she thought of rearranging their living room. This was JB's OCD canvass, not hers.

Before she left, she double checked the whole house and discovered that the aircon in Yugyeom and Bambam's room was still on and she turned it off. She texted Mark about it and locked the main door as she let herself out.

"Na jinjja manager-gataeI really look like their manager," she mumbled, getting inside the elevator. She greeted the guard on her way out and she was on her way back to her house. 

To her surprise, Chanyeol was still there when she got home. He was in the kitchen, already placing fried egg on a plate of kimchi rice.

"Wasseo?" he said when she came to the kitchen.

"Mwohae?What are you doing? Wae ajik angasseo?Why didn't you leave yet?"

"Eotteohke keunyang naga?How can I just leave?" he said, taking off the apron and placing the pan in the sink. "Kimchi bokkeumbap mandeureogo nagalkke saenggakhaesseunikkaI was going to make kimchi rice and then leave."

She just nodded. Three years ago, the sight of Park Chanyeol cooking in her kitchen would have been normal. But since she had hurt this guy too much already and he was going through a tough time at the moment, she kept her thoughts to herself. Before he even thought of feeding her, she took a spoon and tasted the fried rice he made.

"Mashisseo!" she said, surprised. He never got the right taste of kimchi rice that was to her liking before. "Wa. JalhaesseoYou cooked it well."

He laughed. "Niga eobseotdeon yonseubhaesseoWhen you left, I practiced cooking it."

Five seconds of awkward silence passed between them, and she hid it with another spoonful of the kimchi rice. He actually timed it pretty well because she hadn't eaten anything yet. There was nothing she could find on GOT7's fridge or cupboard that she could eat, and once again she was reminded of telling Mark about it later.

"Eottaesseo?How was it?" she asked him. She had to change the subject somehow. She didn't want to reminisce about bad kimchi rice or anything about her and Chanyeol. "Jal saenggakhaesseo?Did you think about it?"

"Eung," was his reply. "Tu judongan sumyeon chwihalkkeI'll take a break for two weeks."

"Han juman andwae?Can't you rest for just a week?" she asked, concerned. In two weeks he could lose everything. "Paendeul hante ireomyeon andwaejiYou can't do this to your fans. Pandeuldo manhi sangchopadasseoThey were already hurt too much before." She didn't want to elaborate on the time when EXO's members left them one by one, and she didn't have to. Chanyeol understood what she was talking about. It had always been about the fans. However, she was also afraid of how it would affect him if he left permanently or even for too long. Kris and the others got away with it because they got their own country to turn to. If he left the company, and if the word about him and Wendy got out, she doubted he'd be able to recover.

"Schedule angasseoI didn't go to the schedule," he said after a few moments, before she could voice out her thoughts. "Hwaesa-e kago yaegi halkkeI'll go to the company and talk to them."

"Good," she said. "Palli kaLeave quickly."

He laughed, but knew she was only half-joking. The conversation was getting too serious for them, and so she changed the topic yet again by handing him the goodies she brought and set aside for them. He thanked her for the goodies, helping him and letting him sleep on her couch, and went out the door. She stared at his retreating back, and thought about a lot of what ifs. He would always have a place in her heart, that was for sure. But she couldn't be more than just a friend for him, and she knew he knew that, too. And she appreciated him for respecting that fact.


*************

"Ige mwoya?What is this?" Jackson said when he and Mark got inside their room after the fansigning event. He looked around the room that was way neater than how they left it. "Cheongsu haesseonya?Did you clean up?"

Mark shook his head and set his backpack at the foot of the bed and lied down immediately. He felt something beneath him and he got up to take a look at the note under the blanket.

This morning was the coldest one ever. Waking up without seeing your drooling face in the morning was so lonely, I almost cried. Almost. The bed smelled like you, and I almost didn't get up. Almost. It only made me miss you more, and I was getting late so I had to leave its comfort. Oneul fanletter manhi padasseodo nan fan iranikka nado fanletter sseulkkeYou received tons of fanletters today, and since I'm your fan, I'm gonna write you one, too. 

Mark Oppa~~! Saranghae! Fighting! GOT7 jjang! Mark jjang! --(Fanmail kkeutEnd of fanmail)

Don't reuse your shirt. I put them all in the basket. And sleep early tonight because I'm not there. I have to go to Japan, and by the time you're reading this, I'm already there. Yes, you're not the only one on demand overseas. NadoMe, too. Keokjeongmadon't worry, I'll be back tomorrow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter