A day with just you

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That's Mario Maurer?" Mark scoffed at her.

It was a hell of a crowd gathered in the mall's Event Square. Ninety percent were girls, and Mark's ears was ringing for being on the other side of the stage, in the fan crowd. There was a guy on the stage who obviously got their attention, including Mark's supposed-to-be-loyal girlfriend. Now, look at her. She was standing on her toes, trying to get a good look at the guy on stage. Mark lightly tapped the back of her head to get her attention. If he wanted, he could make a ruccus by announcing to the people over there who he was, but he didn't want to resort to that.

"Mwo?What?!" she said, annoyed. "Kaman isseobwaTry not to move."

"Naega itjanha!I'm here," Mark protested. "Wae darheun namja bogo isseo?Why are you looking at other guys?"

"I liked Mario Maurer even before GOT7 debuted. Shut up."

Mark covered her eyes with the teddy bear he just bought and dragged her away from there. It was their date, and he won't allow her to get sidetracked.

"Yaaaah!" she said, moving her head away from the stuffed toy. "Meonji!The dust!"

"Naman barabwaJust look at me," he said and dragged her from the Event Square completely. Mark spotted a CD shop, and he pulled her inside. He wanted to see how their album was selling. There was a separate aisle for Kpop, as it was already an accepted genre there. 

"Eo? Ajikdo isseo?They still have this?"

Mark looked over her shoulder to see what she was holding. It was EXO's Growl album. Mark pinched her ear and twisted it just like she did whenever Mark did something she'd already told him not to do.

"Mwohanya jigeum?What are you doing now?" he said through gritted teeth.

"Gwi!My ear! Gwi Gwi!My ear, ear!"

"Keugeot boryeo!Throw that away," he demanded. "OlheunImmediately."

"Arasseo! Aish." She put it back on the rack, stepped on Mark's foot and ran away.

"Looking for anything?" a girl wearing a shirt that said the store's name came up to Mark when Eunhye left him.

"Do you have...uh, GOT7?" he asked her, studying the booth, himself.

"We only have 'Got It?' right now. The latest albums, we won't have more stocks until next week."

"Does it sell okay?"

"Yes, sir. When the latest album came out, we got orders even before we could place our own order." The girl squinted at him, probably trying to remember where she saw him before. "Why do you look familiar?"

"I do?"

"Tuan! Igeo bwa!Look at this! DVD isseo!They have it on DVD!"

Mark smiled at the girl awkwardly and went to look for Eunhye inside the store. She was standing infront of a booth that displayed movies in DVD. She was holding a DVD written in Kanji, but he recognized it immediately. "Shingeki no Kyoujin?Attack on Titan?" he asked her. "Anbwasseo?You didn't see that?"

She shook her head. "Nan Ilbon isseotjiman jinjja shigan eobseosseoI was in Japan then but i didn't have the time to see it. Jackson-ui reaction bogoshipeoI want to see Jackson's reaction to this."

They both laughed at the same time, imagining the same thing. Jackson was a bluff-king but he actually had a weak stomach. And this certain movie would throw someone's stomach off balance. They decided to buy the movie, and two others. They were about to leave, but Mark remembered something, and pulled her back again. He took the remaining two copies of "Got It?" and searched for the clerk that he talked to earlier.

"Do you have something like, a Sharpie?" he asked her.

"Yes, sir, why?" the girl handed him a permanent marker.

"Mwohanya?" Eunhye asked, an arm around his and looking over his shoulder. "Eo? Got It? I have that too and you never signed it!"

Mark was signing the back of the album, much to the clerk's surprise. She had wide open in shock when she realized who Mark was.

"Kkeun il anna-ongeo?Won't you get in trouble?" she asked him.

"Aniya. Fan service iranikkaIt's fan service. Il iyaIt's my job."

"Ooooohh, sense itne!you have sense!" Eunhye said, patting his shoulder. "JalhaesseoYou did good."

Mark handed them back to clerk and bowed. "Thank you." He turned to Eunhye. "Let's go." Putting an arm around her shoulder once again, they walked out of the store, laughing to themselves.

The girl in the store gaped in shock, and could only stare at their retreating backs. Did that just happen? Was that Got7's Mark Tuan? Was that his girlfriend?!


*************


"Try this one, Mark," Eunhyes's Uncle Rudy pushed the pot of soup closer to Mark's plate. "It's called 'Sinigang'."

"Thanks, sir," he said and put some of the broth to his soup bowl. 

Somehow, he was more scared of her Uncle than her dad. Chris had been friendly to Mark as far as he thought, but this man gave a different air to him. He had asked Eunhye about it earlier, and she said maybe it's because her Uncle Rudy was her dad's older brother, and that there's the Hyung-neukkim around him, and that Chris was actually the jolliest among the five brothers, and her Uncle Rudy was the strict one. Mark thought he was actually lucky on that.

"Did you do all your shopping?" Uncle asked Eunhye. "How many boxes did you get?"

"Three."

Uncle Rudy's jaw dropped. It seemed that Eunhye can also surprise her strictest uncle. "Three?! How are you going to bring all that to Korea?"

"I only brought a small suitcase," she answered. "And Mark also brought only one, so it's fine. We'll manage."

Paul and Jem were snickering at her, and she glared at them.

"When is your flight to Korea?" he asked some more.

"Tomorrow, at three PM," she replied, picking the shrimp off her soup bowl and putting them on Mark's plate.

Mark took a spoonful of the broth and wowed when he tasted it. "Wow, this is good."

"Have you had sinigang before?" Uncle addressed Mark, directly again, and he slightly choked on the second spoonful of the famous sinigang.

"Grace cooks it, sometimes," he answered. 

"Sorry about that," Paul said.

"What?" Eunhye said to her brother. "I learned to cook. And I'm already good at it."

Mark was more surprised when her uncle snickered along with Paul and Jem. Eunhye just rolled her eyes, and fished another shrimp on her soupbowl. She placed it on her plate, but Mark caught her and took it before she could even attempt suicide. He swore he wasn't going to take his eyes off her again. And basing on her numerous close calls, Mark had to pay attention to every detail. This girl was subtle.

"But you're going to Manila tonight?" Uncle went on. "Where will you stay?"

Uh oh. Please don't offer your house, sir. I made plans...

"We're staying at Christelle's," Eunhye lied, not missing one beat. They already had a reservation at a hotel somewhere. And they had plans on relaxation where it was just the two of them. Mark was already looking forward to the full body massage that she booked for the two of them at the hotel.

"If you wanted to stay at my house, you know where it is, right?"

"Yes, Uncle. Have some more of the Blue Merlin."


************


"Christelle's, huh?" Paul said while he hugged his sister and handing her her suitcase. "She's in Hongkong."

"Oh, snap," she replied sarcastically. "Bye bye, baby brother. You, too, Jem. Drive safe. No racing."

"We're not you," Jem said back.

"Ahw, too bad," Eunhye chuckled and patted her cousin on the shoulder and shooed them off.

"Nice meeting you, man," Mark said, giving Paul a one-armed hug. He was a '97-liner just like Yugyeom and Bambam, which was why he was fast friends with him. He was also reminded of his own brother, Joey, and he suddenly couldn't wait for JYP Nation's US Tour.

They got to the departure area to wait for their flight to be called. The boarding time was still one hour away. Eunhye felt sad, somehow but she was already used to it. They had been traveling to places all her life, and she was used to the feeling of leaving her family, or them leaving her. That was also why she was bad at keeping in touch, she was too detached. Shrugging it off she asked Mark if he wanted coffee.

"Keurae?" Mark said and they walked together to a nearby Starbucks branch there.

They ordered two Americanos, Grande, one with no syrup(Eunhye's). Mark took the receipt and they stood there, waiting for their coffee to be done. There were a line already, and Mark protectively pulled Eunhye closer.

"Grace?"

They both turned to the guy standing on the line before them who called her. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt, black slack pants and leather shoes. Executive looking, very far from Mark's jeans, baggy black HBA sweatshirt, sneakers and snapback.

"You're Grace, right?" he repeated. "It's me, Jared."

"Jared?!"

Mark didn't like the tone of her recognition. This was someone from her past, he was sure of it. The look on the guy's eyed made Mark want to punch them til they were out of their sockets. Instictively, his hand went to Eunhye's waist.

"I didn't recognize you, you look so different."

You recognized him just fine, Mark wanted to say.

 "Look who's talking," the guy apparently named "Jared(add Eunhye's shocked voice)" said to her. "I thought you were in Japan."

"I moved back to Seoul," she said. "My boyfriend and I came here to spend some time with the family. By the way, Jared, this is Mark, my boyfriend. Mark, this is Jared, my... old friend from school."

"Hi, man," Jared said, offering to shake Mark's hand. "Jared Villanueva."

Mark took it out of courtesy. "Mark Tuan."

Jared's eyes squinted. "Have I seen you somewhere before?"

"If you're into Kpop," Mark replied. "GOT7."

"It's true, then?" Jared said to Eunhye. "I thought Bee was joking. You really are dating a Korean idol."

"Don't sound so surprised," Eunhye snappe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter