Distance Maims

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three days since Mark left for their tour, and it had been productive for Eunhye. Instead of pining over him, she threw in all her thoughts and efforts in preparing another game proposition. Two propositions actually. She found mobile games interesting, and the money came easy. If Mark always went overseas, Noona would soon be a millionaire with all the games she'd be able to make.

Gaeil was sprawled on her bed, playing some mobile phone game. When Eunhye looked over her sister's shoulder, she saw it was a Virtual-Pet sort of game, where the players take care of virtual pets and get to brag about them on friends. She was now having so much fun in a pet show. Though the two sisters both play video games, the genres are totally different. Eunhye likes wargames and stuff that require much thinking, while Gaeil prefers the cute stuff, virtual pets, virtual zoos, fashion shows and those stuff you can find on Y8.

"I don't get that," Eunhye muttered and lied down on the bed beside her sister. "Even the GOT7 game was like a war game."

"That's why you're not making that much profit."

"The fans will buy just about anything and everything about their idols," she said as a matter of factly. She herself, was one of those fans, complete with all of GOT7's merchandise. Some of them are from Mark, himself. though. "And its not really a war game, it's just LIKE a war game."

"You should try creating something simple," Gaeil suggested. "Do you know how much money the creator of Floppy Bird made? The game was pretty basic. You don't really need to boast about your programming skills in every single game you make."

"Ooooohhh." Eunhye got up. "Ja. I'm getting coffee." Before completely getting off the bed, she hit her sister with a pillow. 

Her newly repaired coffee machine broke down again, thanks to her sister's certain visitor. Before Gaeil came to her house in Seoul, Sehun never even bothered to visit Eunhye, but now he already came twice in five days, excluding the time he came with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. She didn't mind, not really, not until he tried using the machine.

Maybe she should sue SM Ent this time.

"Bring me doughnuts. And that cupcake," Gaeil said, rolling over and lying on her back. "Order a dozen."

"Two. One for you, one for me."

"By the time Mark gets back, he won't recognize you. You'd be twenty pounds heavier."

"Don't get me started on Mark if you don't want to talk about JB."

Eunhye ducked just in time a huge teddy bear came flying her way, and she ran down the stairs laughing.


***************


GOT7 were in the waiting room, filling their stomachs with whatever food they can find. They were waiting for their turn for their last stage rehearsal. In less than four hours, the concert will start. Mark decided to call Eunhye using his LINE account.

"Hey," he said when she answered. "Mwohae?Whatcha doin?"

"On my way to get coffee."

"Coffee machine-eun?"

"Sehun broke it," she replied. Mark could imagine the scowl on her face. She loved that espresso machine, and so Mark laughed. "Ukkyeo?You find that funny?"

"EungYep," he said cutely.

"Neoneun?What about you? Mwohae?" He could hear her get inside an establishment and order coffee.

"Jigeumeun meokgo isseoI'm eating right now."

One of the staff knocked on the door and told them they needed to get to the stage already.

"Gotta go," he sighed. "Najunge jwonha halkkeI'll call you later."

She sighed on the other line. "Arasseo. GOT7 fighting!"

"Miss you."

"Yeah. I miss you, too. PalliwaHurry back."

Mark ended the call, handed his phone to his manager and followed Jackson out of the room. If there was someone who looked love sick more than Mark, it was his roommate.


************


The call was too short. Heck, every call was too short for Eunhye. She could never get tired of hearing Mark's voice. She wished, not for the first time today, that she could be there to support him. She cleared and pocketed her phone. Since she was talking with Mark, she couldn't get a good look at the menu behind the counter and decide on what to order. Eunhye felt bad for the girl on the cash register who patiently waited for her to finish the call and order.

"Hmmmm. Double shot Espresso hana."

The girl smiled at and took her payment. Eunhye remembered the girl could speak English since she had been here before. She just couldn't remember her name. She had always been bad with names. Eunhye ordered a slice of red velvet cake and took a seat on a couch.

She decided to call her friends back home. She wanted to tell them she was going home in a month. It has been almost five years since she last saw them. They didn't even know that she went to Manila when she escaped from Mark nearly two months ago. At that time she hid in her cousin's apartment and didn't tell anyone she was there, fearing Mark might get resourceful and look for her among her friends.

"Bee," she said when one of her closest friends answered her phone. Back in college they were fangirling EXO and Bigbang together. "I'll be home next month."

"Hey, ! Long time no hear! Where have you been?"

Eunhye had to put her phone a foot away from her ear when her friend, Bee squealed. "I'm no longer in Japan."

"Yeah! I know! I had to hear that from the tv!"

Eunhye rolled her eyes, and she knew her friend did, too. They were so much alike, that was why they really stuck together. Filipinos always take pride on their fellow Filipinos who get recognized abroad, and lately Eunhye had been featured, along with her sister as successful game creator and graphic artist in Korea and Japan. Eunhye could hardly call her career successful yet, but apparently her people did. She was thankful for that, but did they really have to say that thing about her dating a Korean star?!

"Even your dating life is known here," Bee went on. "Anyway, so when will you be back? I'll tell the others."

She told Bee the date of her arrival and her plans. "You know that JYP concert? They are coming to the Philippines, too, for the first time. Well, see I got like, six extra VIP tickets, and I don't know who'll be interested..."

"Oh my gosh, I AM! Are you kidding?"

"HongkidaI'm serious. Maybe you could bring Tay? I know your sister loves MissA."

"I sooo love you, G."

"No can do, I'm already taken."

"Now you're bragging! Speaking of which, I gotta tell you something." The tone in her friend's voice suddenly changed and Eunhye knew she will be telling her something big. "It's amazing timing that you called today. Gosh."

"Tell me now!"

"Okay, okay! Okay, last night, Dylan and I--"

"Please, spare me your life, I don't want details."

Her friend laughed. "NO! I'm not gonna tell you that, at least not on the phone. But, anyway, okay...so we were doing that last night--shut up, G--and he proposed! I'm engaged!"

"Shut up."

"I'm serious!" There was someone else she talked to on her end. "G, I gotta go. I'll call you later, okay? Bye bye! Don't back out on those VIP tickets. I'm telling Oppa, and Ricco. They love GOT7."

"Really?" She felt proud of GOT7. Even her male friends liked them. "Okay. I'll save the date on your wedding as soon as you tell me when."

"I'll tell you later. Bye."

Eunhye ended the call just as her coffee and cake, brought personally by the girl on the counter. "I called my friend to brag about my boyfriend, but she ended up telling me she's engaged. Can you believe it?" The girl just smiled at her weakly. "Aw, yeongo malhaesseoI spoke in English. Chweseonghaeyo."

"It's okay, I can speak English."

"Keuraeyo?Is that so?" Eunhye looked around and noticed there were only a few customers that day. "Oh, that cupcake...? Nan kiokhaeneunji moreugeneunde, keuden cupcake-reul jwosseoyoI'm not sure if you remember me, but at that time you gave me a cupcake. Can I order, like, one dozen of that? Display-neun anbwasseoI didn't see it in your display."

"Eo, keu cupcake-yo?Oh that cupcake? Naega mandeureomyeondo dwaeyoI can make some." She glanced at her watch. "Keureonde, it might take long."

"Kwaenchanha, nan eodiro angayoIt's okay, I'm not going anywhere."

Eunhye made some other calls and opened her laptop to write down some other ideas for games. She took a photo of what she was eating and sent it to Mark via LINE, just to make him miss her more. She was smiling to herself when the girl came back with a box of those cupcakes she ordered. She saw Eunhye smiling.

"Boyfriend?" she asked Eunhye. The girl had always been chatty whenever Eunhye came to her coffeeshop, but she wasn't like herself today.

"Yep. He's overseas for work."

The girl smiled at Eunhye but her eyes even got sadder. Eunhye felt something that JB called "Unnie syndrome" when she saw the girls eyes. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter