Welcome, Mark

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark landed face first on the bed in the hotel room he was staying in with Jackson and Junior. They had an hour to get ready before their company dinner at one of the hotel's conference rooms. He knew Noona would be there, and so he rummaged in his luggage, deciding what to wear. Whatever his hand got to, he kept thinking he should have brought better clothes to this trip. Everything he thought he wanted to wear were either left in the dorms, or dirty, thanks to that thing called Airport Fashion. Not finding anything good, he looked through the bag next to his. 

"Ddo mwohae?What are you doing?" Jackson asked him. It was his suitcase Mark was currently rummaging.

"Amugeotdo eobseoYou don't have anything." Mark laid back on the bed, frowning. "Nothing to wear."

"Don't wear anything then. Noona won't care. She'll like it, even."

Mark groaned. Jackson was no help. Junior entered the room and quietly opened his backpack, pulled out(surprise!) a book. Ignoring the two of them, Junior lied down on the solo bed and buried his face in one of the novel-series he borrowed from Eunhye-noona.

"Shower halkke," Jackson announced, seeing that Mark didn't have any plans to do so yet.

Mark sent Eunhye what he thought to be fifteen text messages already but she was not replying to any of them. She's probably pissed at him for his tiny stunt with the fans earlier. He needed to find some sweet excuse now, really quick. Something that would prevent Eunhye from being too mad at him. But first, he had to find something to wear. Once again, he rumaged his bags. He's bound to find something. Still not finding anything, Mark went to the other room and raided the other members' clothes, too.


*************


"Mark," Park Jinyoung called Mark in the hallway and draped an arm around him.

"Hyungnim," he acknowledged. Together, they walked together to the conference hall that JYP had rented for their big company dinner. "Nae ticketeun Open Ticket aningayo?Isn't my ticket an open ticket?"

The man let out a knowing smile. "Yeah, why?"

"Can I go back to Korea a couple days later?"

"Are you sure?" JYP asked Mark, this time his face was serious. Mark nodded. "You know the drill right? I need you to be careful, still."

Mark bowed multiple times, smiling all the while. Talking to JYP was easier than he thought. "Kamsa hamnida, Hyungnim. Solshimhi kalkkeI'll be careful."

JYP patted him on the shoulder like a father to his son. "You look good. Eunhye hante haetji?For her, right?"

"Sunbaenim hante haejyoFor the seniors!"

"Eyy."

They entered the Conference Hall, and everyone welcomed JYP. In an instant, Fei was by his side, and the man was dragged by Mark's other sunbaes. The staff were there, too, with the artists in complete attendance and they were already eating from their plates. It was an all out buffet, although not informal, but comfortable enough for the people to have fun. Mark went straight for his other members, greeted them, and scanned the crowd. He spotted her talking animatedly with Sunmi, and so he approached his girlfriend. 

And she didn't as much as look at him. Oh, yeah she was mad.

"Hi, Mark." He almost jumped at a girl's voice he didn't recognize. "I'm Bee."

"Hi." What else was there to say? "You're Grace's friend, right?"

"Yep. And so are they." She pointed behind Mark, and there stood two guys. Both were a couple inches taller than him. "They are Ricco and Jhed. Ricco is Grace's ex boyfriend."

"No, I'm not," Ricco said, glaring at Bee. "And that's Bee, she's a pathological liar, so don't mind her."

"Hello," was all Mark could say. He looked at Noona again, but she was moving even farther away, this time, talking to 15&'s Jimin. Since when did she become everyone's friend? "Did you all watch the concert?"

"Yeah we did," the other guy said. "So, how is Grace in Seoul? She doesn't talk much about anything there, and she hardly contacts anyone."

"She's doing great, actually," Mark replied, glad to have something to talk about. He was bad at starting conversations. "She's pretty good at what she does so some people are recognizing her talents there."

"Are you being good to her?" Jhed said, sounding like a hyung. "Of course you're gonna say yes. Is she treating you right? Of course not, she's Grace, stupid question."

Good. They answer their own questions. Mark didn't have to do anything.

"Do you love her?" Jhed went on. "Because it looks to me like she loves you. And if you don't like her as much, you don't have much choice because you're stuck with her. And if you don't like it, we'll have to beat you up until you do."

How can someone say all those things and smile at the end, like he's giving Mark a very good business deal?

"You don't have to worry about anything," he told her friends. "I love her more than she loves me, so..."

"Oh, gosh, you're telling the truth," Bee commented. She put a friendly hand on Mark's shoulder. "Don't listen to Jhed, he can't even hurt a fly. Do you want to change your mind about G? Because if you do, this will be your last chance."

"Why are you gonna wed them now?" Ricco asked Bee.

By that time, Eunhye came to their group. She was just in time because Mark was already losing his ability to speak. Her friends were as complicated as her. He could just imagine them all together. And these people weren't half of her clique. Mark guessed he should be thankful some of them were busy. He found them funny, though. And it was obvious that they loved Eunhye, to even threaten him like that.

"Has anyone seen Gaeil?" she asked everyone but Mark. Her friends all shook their heads.

"Akkan JB rang nagasseoShe went out with JB just now," Mark answered her.

She looked around, probably scanning the crowd for JB. Not seeing him or her sister anywhere, she went out the hall. Mark followed her, and pulled her in a hallway.

"Wae?" she said irritably.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

She shrugged her hand out of Mark's grasp, and walked away again, looking for her sister.

"Bang-e isseulsu do isseoThey could be in our room. JB manhi halmari isseotgeodeunJB had so much to say to her."

Eunhye glared at him, and Mark didn't find it intimidating. Heck, he found it y. Haha.

"Wae usseo?Why are you smiling?" she asked him.

"Keunyang."

She crossed her arms in front of her and waited for Mark to tell her more. She just got cuter. So, Mark put an arm around her and led her outside to the poolside, which was also closed for JYP for the night, although the swimming time wouldn't be starting until 11, after the dinner.

"Surprise isseo."

Noona rolled her eyes at Mark. "MalhaetjanhaI already told you. Event shireoI hate events."

"Event aniyaIt's not an event. Nado pigeon haeI'm exhausted, too. Keunyang halmari isseoI just have something to tell you."

"Palli yaegihaeJust say it already."

Mark held her face with both his hands and kissed the top of her head. "I decided to stay for a couple more days." He liked the surprised look on her face. She rarely got surprised and Mark wanted to relish the moment. "Keurigo I got a plane ticket to your hometown."

"What?"

"Keurigo ni kajukeun yolakhaesseoAnd I already contacted your family," he went on. He had more surprises. It was actually Jackson who suggested that Mark should meet her family. "Mannalsu isseoI can meet them."

"Wae?"

"Reunion araI know about your reunion. Gaeil malhaesseoGaeil told me. Keuraeseo kachi kajaSo let's go together!" Mark spread his arms out. "That was my surprise! Nollaetji?You're surprised aren't you?" 

Mark wiggled his eyebrows and smiled brightly. He thought she might not want him to go(you never know how her mind really works, so better be ready for anything), and so he already called her family to tell them that he was coming. He even talked to JYP about it, and the guy allowed him to go. The guy even booked the tickets for Mark, and was able to find the flight Eunhye was on so that they could go together, and had it upgraded to Business class. Mark swore JYP was an angel.

"Ticket isseoI have a ticket. Hyungnim do algo isseoJYP knows it, too. You don't have any choice now but to welcome me there with open arms, and tour me around the beaches..."

"You've lived by the beach all your life."

"That's why I miss it." Mark put an arm around her. "Keurigo Philippine-e tour hago shipeoI wanted to tour around the Philippines."

She still wasn't making any reaction. Mark guessed she was trying to stay mad at him. It was a good thing she wasn't good at holding grudges, and so Mark danced around her.

"DeureokajaLet's go back there," she said, fighting a smile.

"Keurae. Kaja."

When she wasn't expecting it, Mark kissed her cheek and ran for his life. Oh, she wasn't mad anymore. Now Mark got to thank Jackson.


***************

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter