Meet the Fams

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raymond Tuan gave his son a big hug when he came to fetch him from LAX. Mark happily embraced his father back and they both got out of the airport together, Mark not failing to smile at some fans that came to welcome him back to Los Angeles. They got into the car and was soon driving towards home.

"When will Grace be flying in?" Mark's dad asked him.

"3AM. How's everyone? Is Tammy back yet?"

"No they're coming Wednesday, just in time to prepare for your big day."

In a few days, it will be Mark's birthday. Back in Korea, s and Noona already gave him an early party before he flew to California for their two-week long break. When they got back, it will be another JYP Nation Tour. Noona had to finish up in the office, and had to fly back to Japan two days ago, and she'll be coming to LA straight from there to spend the time with Mark and the rest of the Tuan family.

Mark knew that she was just avoiding to be seen together in public because of Mark's stunt on their Japanese Concert a week ago, so she refused to go with him to LAX. He did offer to wait for her, but she said Mark should maximize the time he could with his family and she'll just fly from Japan. Mark agreed to this in the condition that she'll be staying with him in their house. She wanted to check into a hotel, but why would anyone do that when you can have first row seats to Tuan hospitality?

"How's mom?"

"Still beautiful."

You'd wonder where Mark got all the cheesiness from. Say hello to Cheesy Tuan Senior. Mark looked out the window from time to time as he chatted with his dad, taking in the scenery he never get to see often. Soon, they were pulling up in a familiar driveway.

"Oh my gosh!" Dorine Tuan pulled her firstborn son for a kiss when Mark got inside, tapping his foot on the rug so he won't get dust inside the house. "Have you been sick? You look like you lost weight!"

"I was just from a Diet Program, Mama," he replied and settled in. 

Joey, who was in his room ran out to give Mark a one arm hug and dragged him into the room they used to share when they were kids.

"We moved your stuff to Tammy's room," their mom told Mark. "Do you think Grace will be okay there?"

"Sure, Mama," Mark replied.

"Two Graces in the house," Joey said, laughing at his own joke. "Yugyeom's not with you this time? You're already bringing in a girl? Way to go, man."

"Let your brother rest, Joey," Dorine told the boys. "He just got home. " She set the bed for Mark, doing her best to take care of her son while he was still home. "I'll take care of Grace's room."

"I'll do it, Mama," Mark said, not wanting to burden her.

"You can help me later. I'll have to prepare dinner."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

They ate dinner that night with two of Mark's close buddies, Andrew and Randy. They had a very loud reunion, and soon they were in Mark/Joey room, catching up for the long time they weren't together. They pushed Mark's and Joey's bed side by side and soon fell asleep together. 

It was 2:30 when Papa Tuan shook Mark up to go and fetch Noona from the airport.

"I really like this girl, Mark," Raymond told him as they waited at the Arriving Area. There were only a handful of people around, and the airport was a quieter than the morning when Mark arrived. "You should take really good care of her."

"I know, Papa," Mark assured the older man. "Wait, you only met her once, and you already liked her that much?"

"We kept in touch a bit," Raymund shrugged. "She's a sweet kid. I think she can teach you a lot of things."

"Believe me, she already taught me a lot."

They both stared at the empty Arriving area. Mark was excited to see her again after four days. She was too busy in Japan, and he had a lot of things, too so they couldn't keep in touch as much as they wanted. If it was to Mark's call, he wants to spend the whole day, everyday with her until she gets sick of him. He was thankful that the press stopped harassing him after his public confession on the concert. Now, he just wanted to have a peaceful vacation with his family and his girlfriend.

Mark smiled at the thought. He loved the sound of Noona being his girlfriend. He wanted to go around all the people and say, Yo, this is ma girl, man. My girl.

"Did you call Jessica?" his dad suddenly said out of the blue.

"Not yet. DId you?"

Raymund shook his head. "I thought she was coming today, but she didn't, so maybe tomorrow."

A person came out of the arriving area and Mark craned his neck to look for Noona. Papa Tuan did the same, suddenly wishing he'd put something better on.

"Mark, how do I look?"

"What?" Mark wasn't paying attention. Raymond had to ask him again.

"Do I look father material enough?"

Mark gave his dan the look over for two seconds and looked at the arriving people again. "You look good. Though you could lose the beard, you look like Santa. It's not even Christmas yet."

Raymond Tuan patted Mark on the head and joined him in searching the crowds.

"Is that her?" Raymond pointed to a girl with no makeup on, wearing a beannie over her long braid, a casual black-striped white casual jacket covering her pale blue chiffon dress.

And a red Vans skateboard shoes. Mark snorted.

"Yeah, that's her. Nana!"

She walked over to them, and immediately, Raymund Tuan gave her a warm welcome hug, reminding her of her own dad back in the Philippines.

"Nado." Hug me, too. <--Mark

"Shirheo," she replied and stucked her tongue out, making Papa Tuan chuckle.

"C'mon, kids, let's go."


~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You didn't have to get up for me," she told Dorine Tuan when the older woman welcomed her to their home and helped her settle in the room where she'll be sleeping.

"It's okay, dear," the woman assured her and patted her cheeks lovingly. 

Noona was getting more and more homesick by the moment. These people seemed to be close to each other and she could tell Mark grew up in a loving family, much like her own. She suddenly had the urge to call her parents, who was living with her youngest brother who refused to leave their country.

"You must be really tired, did you have something to eat yet?" Dorine took out some blankets from a cabinet and placed them on the bed next to her. "I can fix you something. We still have lasagna left from dinner, we set some aside for you."

"It's okay, Ma'am, thank you. It's late already, you should rest, too."

The woman smiled at her. "Don't call me Ma'am. Dorine would be fine. How many times do I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter