Not a double date

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You came!"

Jessica ran and hugged Noona, then hugged Mark, too. When she got to Jinyoung, though, she tucked her hair behind her ear and held out her hand for him to shake it.

"I want a hug, too," Jinyoung said, knowing this girl was his fan. He actually met her before and she brought a smile on his face. He hugged Jessica and they went inside the restaurant together. They sat on a booth for four people.

Mark pulled Noona beside him to avoid her having the idea to make him sit next to Jessica. He still was very uncomfortable with this setting, and he was afraid he will make a mistake and Noona will fly back to her home country again where Mark couldn't reach her. He was still annoyed by the fact the Chanyeol could be there for her when he couldn't.

"Mwoga meogeulkka? What shall we eat?" Mark asked, putting the menu up his face.

"I'll just get a tuna pesto and iced tea," Noona said. "And some Ceasar salad." She already told Mark to speak in English so as not to make Jessica feel out of place.

"Keurae, nan...Ow!!" Mark said when Noona pinched him on the thigh under the table. "Wae?"

"This is really good," Jinyoung was telling Jessica. "I ate here before."

"You did? Okay, I'll have this.."

They placed their orders and they looked at each other. Jinyoung still didn't know what happened between the three of the people around him, but he felt the tension around the couple in front of him. He kept talking to Jessica to make her feel welcome (and to practice his English skills) with the hopes that she will not notice the two people with them having a silent fight over something.

"Oh, yeah, Mark," Jessica said and handed Mark a paper bag. "Goodies from Tammy. They went to Taiwan last week."

"I know. Thanks." He felt another pinch from under the table and he seriously had it. "Excuse me." He stood up and went to the lavatory.

Noona gave Jinyoung a look, and he slightly gave her a nod and asked Jessica about her business trip to Seoul and how long she'll be staying. He was loving the attention that the girl was giving him. Noona got up and followed Mark, waited for him outside the men's room. When he got out, he stopped in front of her.

"Jom nagaja let's get out a bit," she told him. "Hal yaegi isseo. I have to tell you something."

He followed her outside, to the parking lot of the restaurant, away from people's eyes. He stopped and put a hand on his hips, shifting his weight on one foot. She turned to him and did the same thing unconsciously, standing a meter apart from him. If anyone would see them from afar, anybody could tell they were fighting.

"Jinguraneun haetjanha. I thought she's your friend."

"Keurae. Wae ddo?"

"Keunde wae jakku mushihae? Then why do you keep ignoring her?"

"Anigeodeun. I'm not." Mark argued. First she tells him she was jealous, then now she's asking why he was ignoring Jessica.

"Yes you are."

Mark sighed. He'll never win a fight against her. Ever. "Keunyang... neoneun dashi ohaehamyeon shirheo. I just don't want you to misunderstand things again. Dashi deonagamyeon eotteohke? What if you leave me again?"

"I won't," she assured him. "Na keureohke saenggakhae? You thought of me that way? Ihae halsu eobseum? That I won't understand? You've known her before I even met you, and she's a good friend."

"Jiltuhaetjanha. But you're jealous. Neon jiltuhamyeon museowo. You're scary when you're jealous."

"Yeojaneun da jiltuhan iya. All women are jealous. As long as she's not kissing you, nan kwaenjanha."

Mark smiled at her. She's so cute when she's trying not to be jealous, when Mark knew all along that Jessica must have died ten times in her head already.

"Wae usseo?"

"Keunyang." He pulled her. "Just having more reasons to explain why I fell in love with you."

"Ew," she muttered, but put her arms around his waist. "Cheesy."

"As long as she's not kissing me, kwaenjanhji?" Mark confirmed. "What if I kiss her?"

"Juggoboryeo. I'll kill you."

"Algesumnida!" Mark gave her a mock salute and kissed the top of her head.

"Hey, guys." It was Jessica, calling them. "O-our order came."

"Yeah, coming," Mark said and put an arm around Noona. "C'mon."

They sat back on their booth and this time Mark did talk to Jessica. He asked her about their friends and families back in LA and for a moment there, they were in their own world, talking about people that only the two of them know.

"And Andrew got a car," Jessica said, finally talking about someone Noona was familiar with.

"Yeah I saw it on Instagram." Mark had ordered burger and he used a for and knife to cut some portion. He fed it to Noona absentmindedly. "He loves to gloat."

Suddenly an old Taylor Swift song played inside the restaurant. Noona and Jinyoung who were across each other, smiled at the same time, pausing midbite. Jinyoung pointed a knowing finger at Noona and she started to sing along at the same time the singer did, and Jinyoung backed her up.

"All I knew this morning when I woke.. is I know something now, something now I didn't before..." <--Noona/Jinyoung

"You like Taylor Swift, too?" Jessica asked Noona. "Oh my gosh, I love this song. "

"She does not like Taylor Swift," Mark said, stuffing Noona another burger. "Nope. She doesn't even know Taylor Swift."

"This used to be our jam all the time," Jinyoung told her. "Eunhye-noona is so good in singing, she could have been a singer."

"Really? Maybe we could cover some songs sometime," Jessica told Noona. "I can't get Mark to sing with me."

"Sure, some time," Noona replied. "I actually saw you on Youtube."

"You did? Oh, that's embarrassing."

"Maja, noona. Youtube. Why not upload those videos we did?" Jinyoung said. Mark aimed him a hit. "Wae? Hyungdo Noona-rang noraehaebwa, keureom. Hangsang jiltuhae jiltuhae. What? Sing with her, too! You're always jealous."

They laughed when Jinyoung's food fell from his mouth. Mark took a table napkin and wiped Jinyoung's lips. "Teoreo. So dirty."

Noona mouthed, "Bromance," to Jessica and the latter laughed.

The song in their background changed to bridge and the three of them, Noona, Jinyoung and Jessica suddenly sang together. "Come back and tell me why I'm feeling like I missed you all this time...and meet me there tonight and le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter