JYP Nation in LA Part 1/3

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm telling you, I'm not going."

At first she thought Gaeil was reading out the lyrics of the song, "I'm Telling you," she started to copy her but then there was silence and she realized her sister was serious.

"Naze?!Why?!" Eunhye felt like she wanted to take her sister by the shoulder and shake her til she said yes. "Isshouni iketai tte!You said you want to go together! Tanjoubi dayouIt's my birthday."

There came an electric sound as someone was putting in the combination to her front door, and in came Mark Tuan, getting back from a schedule. His face was still full of makeup and he looked dead tired.

"Ddo ssaugo isseo?You're fighting again?" Lately everytime Mark saw the two sisters they'd be arguing about something.

"LA-ro kago shipji anhaetdaguShe's saying she doesn't want to go to LA," Eunhye said gritting her teeth. "Chingudeul olkkeoguShe said she has friends coming over, Jejudo kagoshipeoand they wanted to go to Jeju, tour guide dwaendaguand she'll be their tour guide. Keu mari dwae?Is that acceptable? Nae saengil wihae Hankuk watdamyeoShe said she came here for my birthday."

Mark and Gaeil exchanged looks, and he had to his tongue to keep from laughing when Gaeil rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out when Eunhye wasn't looking. She was busy mixing chocolate chips on the cookie dough so she didn't see her sister make faces at her. Mark went to her to eat some of the chocolate chips she didn't mix in. She slapped his hand away but he just caught both her hands in one of his so he could take a handful of chocolate and stuffed them in his mouth in just three seconds.

"Ya!"

With his mouth full of chocolate, he kissed Eunhye's lips to shut her up.

"You guys are disgusting," Gaeil complained and went upstairs to her room.

Eunhye broke free from Mark, unfazed by the sudden kiss to yell more at her sister. "You're coming."

"IkanaiI'm not going."

"JB to tatakatta ka?Did you fight with JB?" she asked and was answered by a closing door.

Eunhye saw Mark snort and she knew he knew something she didn't. She glared at him but he just shrugged his shoulders and took more of the chocolate.

"ShwihaeraWash up," she complained and went back to the dough.

They would be leaving for LA in two days, and Gaeil backed out before Eunhye could book her a ticket. Her colleagues who also had the same vacation time she had would be coming the next day--and live in her house instead of getting a hotel--to stay for three days in Korea . They wanted to go to Jeju and was grilling Gaeil to be their tourguide even though she hadn't been anywhere near Jeju before, saying she was the only one who could speak Korean and they didn't want to go there not knowing the language. So now, Gaeil was saying she won't be going to LA with her, and she'd be going back to Japan with her friends.

"PaegopeundeBut I'm hungry," Mark was saying behind her, already opening the fridge.

"Neo hangsang paegeopaYou're always hungry," she muttered. "Yeogi gyesok meogeumyeon dun jwoyaji!If you're going to eat here, give me money."

"Bubu cheoreom?Like married couples?" Mark snapped with a smug look on his face. "KeolAgreed."

She made Mark wash up while she heated up dinner, which was another thing Mark pointed out that they were already acting like a married couple and that he should just move in totally. She chose to ignore that because she didn't want a deja vu of what happened to her two years ago...

Anyway, she just had to make her sister come with them to LA. She would be in an unfamiliar territory again, and she heard this time, Mark's childhood friends were coming over and do a major sleepover at his parents' house. Having Gaeil around would give her someone to talk to, comfortably. Sure, GOT7 would be there, but she still needed her sister on her birthday.

"Did you fight with JB?" Mark asked Gaeil when he got out of Eunhye's room and found her sitting by the staircase, playing with her cat, Biru. Mark petted the cat, too.

"AniNope," Gaeil said. When she acted like a brat, she sounded a lot like her sister.

"Your expression is exactly the way his was before I left him." Which was true. JB usually looked like he swallowed a cup of vinegar after their rehearsals, maybe because of his small eyes, but he was extra sour today.

She shrugged. "And I care because...?"

"You know he likes you, right?"

Gaeil lifted her cat and gave him to Mark. "See if she hugs you again," she said, pointing to Eunhye. "Nee-chan. Mark-ga Biru kissu taMark kissed Biru." She ran up the stairs to her room again.

"YA! Ddo palli shower hae!Go take a shower again!"

Mark made a face at Gaeil and placed her pet back on the steps. She was as sneaky as her sister and good at dodging conversations. He went to Eunhye, who was transferring some jiggae into a bowl, and washed his hands dramatically so he wouldn't get an hour-long about eating after playing with the pets. Good for Gaeil, she didn't have the allergies her sister was suffering from, which was almost everything but herself.

"You're making fun of me in your head, aren't you?"

Mark shook his head rather vigorously. Sometimes, he was scared she could read minds. He puckered his lips cutely, asking for a kiss, which she ignored. Gaeil. Mark glared at the door upstairs. He sat on the dining table and Eunhye laid out the food for him. He clapped once, now more conscious of his empty stomach.

"Jinjja bubugateun neukkim wasseoFeels like we're really a married couple," he said, teasing her.

"I'm too young to marry."

He took a first bite, and hooted. He had been starving. "Wae? Yori jalhalsu itgoYou can cook well, jibe do beolseo isseoyou have a house. Kyeorheun haedo dwaeYou can marry."

"Jib sayadwaeneun saram baro neoyaIt should be you who's buying the house."

"I jibi johaThis house is good," he said, chewing on a slice of beef. Then he replayed what she said in his mind again. "Keureomyeon narang kyeorheun hallae?So you mean you'll marry me?"

Eunhye was making a lettuce wrap which included three slices of green pepper and a slice of beef and she stuffed it in Mark's mouth to keep him from talking. This talk of marriage was making her blush and she didn't like it.

"Mewo!It's spicy!" Mark said, coughing and reaching for a glass of water.

"Nan jalkkeI'm going to bed," she announced. "Da meogeumyeon seoksaro deoragaGo back to the dorm when you're done. I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Kachi kaLet's go together."

"TwaesseoNo need. Naeil taxi talkkeI'll just ride a cab tomorrow." She was about to leave but Mark was fast and grabbed her hand and pulled her hard so she'd sit on his lap. "What?"

He hugged her. "AniNothing. Keunyang bogoshipeosseoI just missed you."

She rolled her eyes and pinched his nose. "Aigoo. Kumesseo bojaSee you in my dreams." A piece of lettuce was smudged at the end if his lips and she wiped it with her thumb. With their faces that close, she couldn't help herself so she kissed the top of his forehead. "G'night." 

Mark was going in for another kiss but she was fast in getting away. She wasn't going to let him sleep over that night. Her imagination had been working overtime these past few days, and Mark sleeping inches from her wouldn't help her sanity at all. 


***************

Mark scrolled down the list of recommended videos  in Youtube on his phone, looking for somethinginterest enough to watch. He was in one of their vans on their way to one schedule. Yugyeom and Youngjae who were with him in the van were sleeping while Junior's face was buried in a book. Mark had wanted to sleep, but he kept thinking about Eunhye in California. It had been two days since she left ahead of him to attend some business about her and her sister's animation/Online Role Playing Game hitting the big screen. In two short years, her career had spiked from one who just wrote the story line in the background, into being the creator of a trending RPG into owning the copyright of her creations, that even Hollywood had to get her permission and pay her for her game. He was proud of her, even to the point that he felt like he wasn't enough for her, but at the moment, he was just sulky.

Eunhye had always known when he was busy, and so she didn't try to disturb him by contacting him every now and then. She said she didn't want to be the clingy girlfriend, and he appreciated that. He also knew she was bad at communicating when she was far away and he also accepted that. When she got to Cali, she texted him right away telling him she had arrived at her cousin's place, but Mark didn't receive anything from her since. Mark was used to this, sure, but that didn't mean he liked it.

There was nothing on Youtube, so he exited the app and went to read his SNS instead. His dad was saying something funny again on his Twitter, earning a lot of comments from Mark's fans; Joey and his girlfriend, Andrea had gone to a weekend getaway again; Nathan and Randy were bragging about driving around in Nathan's sports car looking for Pokemons; Tammy commented on the recent episode of the Korean Drama, Doctors. All of these were the same news Mark had read since this morning. He went to his Instagram, and faced basically the same updates, because he practically followed the same group of people. He was actually just finding an excuse for himself to keep staring at his phone when he was actually waiting for Eunhye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter