I like you jealous

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's laughter rang through the empty lobby. Finally she is with the Mark she knew, and not the idol dating a non-celebrity. They were back to their school days, and there was just the two of them.

"I forgot to bring the other stuff your mom brought."

"I'll wait here while you go get it," Mark said.

"You can come with me, c'mon. It will only take a couple minutes."

Mark rolled his eyes but let Jessica drag him into the elevator door. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, not even himself, but he missed the Jessica he grew up with. It would not be bad to spend some few more minutes with her, right? Besides, she'll be flying back to New York the next day, it's not like they would see each other any time soon.

His phone rang. Jinyoung was calling him.

Another thing he wouldn't admit to anyone, he was a teeny bit jealous of Jinyoung and the attention he was getting from Eunhye. Whenever they talked about books, it felt like something Mark couldn't relate to. They would go into this world only Jinyoung and Noona understood, and Mark was out of the picture. He understood Eunhye and knew her well already, but he still feel a bit of insecurity whenever the two would sing, harmonizing and their breaths matching. Mark could never sing like Jinyoung, everybody knew that. He never knew he would envy someone's talent, most especially Jinyoung's, with whom he was closest to among all s, until he sang with Eunhye. And he was ashamed of it, which was why he ran away earlier this morning.

He put his phone inside his jacket pocket and rested his back on the elevator wall.

"Was it Grace?"

Mark shook his head. "Junior."

He had seen the photo Bambam posted on Instagram earlier, and he knew that they were still at Noona's place. Mark just needed the time for himself to reflect things. Jessica was only the excuse. With her he didn't have to worry about Jinyoung and Noona getting closer than Mark would like, or about her treating Bambam like a baby. With Jessica, he's the plain Yi En Tuan from LA.

His phone rang again. This time, it was one of their managers. Mark answered, but the reception inside the elevator was bad that the call was interrupted. He called their manager when the elevator door opened and they were on Jessica's floor.

"Hyung, waeyo?" he asked Seunghoon-hyung.

"Mark! Palli wa! Eunhyeneun pyeonghwon isseo!Come quick! Eunhye's at the hospital." 

"Mwo?"

Mark was back in the elevator before it closed again.


***********


"Hyung, mianhaeyo."

Mark didn't know what to say to Bambam when the younger guy met him in the hallway, so he just went inside the room. Midori was there, along with Jinyoung. Bambam followed Mark inside, his head low. Seunghoon already told Mark what happened on his way to the hospital.

"Over hajima," Eunhye immediately said when she saw him. "Jalmothaesseo, naega.I'm to blame. It's on me." 

"Tempura? Jinjja?!"

"Over hajimaraguI told you not to overact. Nan kwaenchanhaI'm totally fine."

Mark turned to Bambam. "Apeuro jibe ojimara. Da neotaemuniya! Don't ever come to her house again. It's all your fault!"

Bambam's head sank even lower. The kid was almost close to tears. He had been so scared ever since he saw Noona struggling to breathe and Jinyoung also didn't know what to do. The ambulance came in after what seemed forever for Bambam, and he had seen the EMT cut a tiny hole on the bottom of Noona's neck and put some sort of tube in it, before she could breathe again. He actually thought she would die, and it was all because Bambam fed her fried shrimp. She, herself, never expected her allergic reaction to be as bad as this.

"Bambam-taemune aniya, it was my bad," Eunhye insisted. "Naega meogeosseo, naega.I was the one who ate it. " 

Mark's eyes turned to her. "Motmeogeoneungeol jalareoneunde, wae jakku meogeo?You know you can't eat that, why do you keep eating? Pabo ya?" 

"Mashisseunikka Because it's yum.," Noona replied, as if having someone cut a hole through just so she could breathe happened to her everyday. She was even up on the bed, her phone in her hand, obviously playing a game. "Meokgo shipeotdeon, naega, keuraeseo namanege hwanaera, Bambam hante hajima. I wanted to eat it, so get mad at me, not at Bambam."

Mark felt his eyes were hot so he dropped his head and went out of the room. Jinyoung attempted to follow him, but he held out his hand to stop him.


**********


"Kwaenchanha."

No matter how Eunhye kept repeating she was okay, Bambam couldn't stop apologizing. He completely forgot that Noona was allergic to shrimps, and now she was in the hospital because of him. 

"Mark do kwaenchanha," she went on, patting Bambam's hand. "Keunyang shiganeul jwoJust give him time.. Manhi nollatgeon gabwaHe must be scared." She flicked Bambam's nose. "Ya, ulgo isseo?Hey, are you crying?" 

"Aniyo. Keunyang manhi museowoyo.No. I was just scared." 

"Aigoo, uri Bambam."

Jinyoung peeled an apple and cut a slice, feeding it to Noona, but not before asking if she was allergic to apples, too. Noona laughed and took the half-peeled apple from him. She liked her apples unpeeled. Jinyoung took another apple and peeled it for himself.

"Naega Mark-hyung-eul bureolkke I'll call Mark.," Jinyoung said.

"TwaesseoDon't bother," Eunhye said. "Naega halkke.Let me." 

"Illeonamyeon andwaeyo," Bambam said, stopping her from getting up.

"Kwaenchanikka. Noha.I said I'm fine. Just let me." 

Bambam pouted at her, trying to stop her with his aegyo. Noona sat back on the bed at the same time Seunghoon came inside.

"Nujyeo, ijeIt's late," he said to the two. "Dorm-e deoragayadwae.You need to go back." 

"Noonarang isseumyeon andwaeyo?Can't we stay with Noona?" Jinyoung asked. "Dorm-e jiruhaeneunde.We'll get bored there." 

"Andwae. JB-rang Yugyeom do deorawasseoJB and Yugyeom are already back," Seunghoon said. 

"Ka.Go" Mark stood at the door. "Na yeogi isseo.I'm here." 

Bambam blew Noona a kiss before going out the room. He mouthed, "Mianhaeyo," and Noona aimed a whack at him for apologizing for the hundredth time. Jinyoung, who had been peeling a tangerine, went to feed Noona with it, but Mark took it and ate it instead.

"Igeodo motmeogeoShe can't eat that, too.," he told Jinyoung. "Palli ka." 

"Eyy," Jinyoung smiled at his hyung, who seemed to be out of his mood swing now. "Arasseo. Kalkkeyo. Noona, annyeong. Get well soon." He bent to kiss Noona's forehead but Mark held out his hand and pushed Jinyoung's lips away.

"Ka."

Jinyoung left the room chuckling. After telling Mark to contact him, the manager went to follow the members outside, closing the door behind him.

Finally alone for the first time, that day, Mark busily peeled a tangerine and ate it himself. He sat on the bed and examined Noona's bandage on her neck. He'd seen enough movies so he knew what had to be done for Eunhye's first aid. He was still mad, but he was mad at himself.

He hated himself for blaming Bambam, and for getting mad at him when he already saw how scared the kid was. Mark should have known better than to blame Eunhye, as well. He knew her and he knew she meant to eat those food all along. What Mark hated most was that he was not there to stop it from happening. Instead, he was out, too busy about his own stupidity to be there for Noona.

"Kwaenchanha," Noona told him, flicking his eyebrow.

"Mian."

She smiled. "Manhi nollaetji?You must be scared. MianSorry. Keureonde keokjeongma, naeil kado dwaejanhaBut don't worry, I can go home tomorrow." 

"If you're allergic to it, meokjima, eo?" 

"Maneunde," she whined, pouting. She took Mark's hand and played with it. 

"Mianhae," Mark began.

"Wae ddo?" She's tired of people apologizing to her.

"Naega eobseoseoBecause I wasn't there." 

She studied his face. He was frowning, with his eyebrows meeting in the middle. She flicked them again. She thought it was hot when he had his face like that but she didn't like it that something was bothering him. Knowing Mark, he'd be over thinking things, and he'd be blaming himself for useless reasons.

"Musun saenggak isseo?What are you thinking?" she asked him. 

"Naega jibe isseumyeonIf I had been there with you, this wouldn't have happened," Mark said. "Keunde naega eobseosseoBut I wasn't. I could've stopped him from giving it to you."

"I would just sneak bites behind your back," she reasoned, earning another frown from Mark. "Wollae ireohjanhaI've always been like this. Ije wasseoseo johaBut it's better now that you're here." She would be lying if she said she hadn't been scared when she couldn't breathe. She actually called for Mark(and her mom) while she was almost dying, only she was too weak to be heard by anyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter