Showcase

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She found Mark on the playground near their neighborhood, sitting on the slide. When he saw her coming, he froze.

"What's up?"

Mark was quiet as she sat next to him. Her hand automatically went to play with his ear but Mark moved his head away so she let her hand fall on her lap. Something was definitely up.

"Keojitmareul anhaedo dwaeYou didn't need to lie." 

"Musun keojitmal?About what?" 

Mark stood up and kicked the slide, making her jump.

"Wae nahante ireohke?Why are you doing this to me?  Wae jakku nal wihae keojitmal hago iji?! Why do you keep lying? Somi sori kkajiYou even used Somi as an excuse."

"Mwo?" she gasped. "Somi jinjja mannaneundeI did meet Somi."

"KeobwaSee? You're still lying! Moreuncheok hajimaDon't pretend like you don't know. Handeupeon ane sajindo isseosseoThere's even a picture on your phone!"

She finally understood what he was on about. She couldn't believe he was still at it. Exasperated, she took out her phone, mumbling. "I can't believe you're making me do this. Jinjja huhoe halkkeoneundeYou're really regret this." She dialed on her phone and spoke when the girl on the other line answered after the third ring. "Somi-a."

"Eo? Eonni!" The girl was excited for a bit, she even bragged to her comembers. "Keunde wae jonhwa haeyoWhy are you calling?"

"Mark wanted to talk to you."

"Mark? About what?"

"MollaDunno," she handed the phone to Mark. "Somi-yaIt's her." Mark only stared at her, mind working. She put her phone on speaker, glaring at Mark. "Ije anhaneNow he won't talk. Jaldeuro gasseo?Did you get home well?"

"Huh?" Somi said, sounding like she was chewing on something. "You drove me here."

"Ya," Eunhye said. "Ddo meokgo isseoAre you eating again? You still have to lose that ice cream."

"EonnidoYou do, too. Meh-rong!" Somi said like the middle-schooler she was. "Ah! Eonni, when Peachy have those puppies... Nahante jumyeon dwaeyoCan you give me one?"

"Kai butak halkkeI'll tell Kai."

"Assa! Wahoo! Where's Mark?"

"IsseoI'm here," Mark said, finally finding his voice. 

"Annyeong, Oppa!" Her smile could be heard through the phone. Eunhye could picture her out bowing to her phone. Someone outside her room called Somi and she had to say goodbye. "Eonni daume donghwa hajaLet's talk next time. Nan shiseoyadwaeI have to wash up. More ice cream next time."

"Diet hae," Eunhye snapped. "Arasseo, keutneobye."

"Jaljayo! Lovebirds." Somi made smooching sounds before ending the call.

Eunhye pocketed her phone. "Peachy's pregnant," she said, shrugging, as if that was the news that mattered.

Mark was biting his lower lip, now staring at the ground. He'd been stupid again. When will he get over that stuff?! When he saw that photo on her phone, he just flared up like bonfire and wanted to hit at things that steps in his way. Mark had wanted to find where Chanyeol lived and give him a good punch or two.

"You got issues, Mark," he heard Eunhye say. He looked at her and she was shaking her head. "You could've just asked me and save yourself the embarrassment." She walked away, clearly pissed at him. He started to follow her, but she stopped him. "Jinyoung-i meonjeo nagasseoJInyoung already left. JaljaGoodnight, Mark." It was clear as crystal that she was going home alone.

Hands in his pocket, Mark walked a few paces behind her as he silently made sure she got home safe, then walked right past her house to go home to their dorms. Well, now, his home seemed to be in her house, and their dorm was just that. A dorm.

"She's a monster modeungeol gatchwosseo...bujokhan ge eobseo onmomi maeryeok deongeori~~" Youngjae was singing in the living room.

"Oh baby I like everything 'bout yuuuuu~~~~" Bambam's lips were an inch out as he immitated Jinyoung badly.

Yugyeom was clapping at this, as Bambam's number one fan. Typical Got7 night. Mark went inside the room he shared with Jackson, to find his roommate sprawled on his bed, composing on his laptop.

"You're sleeping here?" Jackson asked, noticing him as Mark changed his clothes. "Noonaga honja isseoIs noona alone, in her house?" 

Mark shrugged and slid in his bed.

"Ddo sausseo?!You fought again?"  Jackson asked. "WAE?"

Mark glared at Jackson, who refused to back down. He stopped what he was doing altogether and moved to sit at the foot of his bed to face Mark.

"Tell me, tell me, tell me." Jackson sang to Wonder Girls' "Tell Me" and laughed at himself. "Hyung, naege malhaebwa."

Mark decided to tell Jackson what happened that night. It was easier talking to him because he could understand Mark, and Mark couldn't express himself efficiently if he wasn't speaking English. Jackson listened to him well, asking questions here and there and kept nodding and rubbing Mark's arm and thighs.

"I get you," Jackson said. "I'd be angry, too. Keunde hyung. Why did you kick the slide like that?! You could've hit Noona!"

"Out of all the things I said...!" <--Mark

"Arasseo, arasseo. Maybe you should just accept it that she got a lot of friends aside from us. Soljiki, hyung, I'd be jealous, too, if I was in your shoes. I mean, I've always been a jealous guy. Hyungdo aljanha."

"No kidding."

"But you should talk it out. Hyung, you can't stop her or forbid her who she'll be friends with, aljyo? Keunyang injeong haebwayo. She's Miss Congeniality."

That night, before he went to sleep, Mark sent her a message.

 

Mianhae. Hwagamyeon kwaenjanhaSorry, it's okay if you're mad..  I deserve that. I jump into conclusions a lot, maybe I'm just scared I'll lose you like I did before. Keureohmyeon andwae. Keurigo I can't promise you I won't be jealous anymore, because we both know I will be. IjebuteoFrom now on,, I'll try to be more understanding, keurigo jal saenggakhago malhalkkeand I'll think first before speaking. Good bam, nae sarang. I love you. Chu~

 

Mark stared at his phone, waiting for a reply. His eyelids were heavy but he refuse to sleep until she responded. Jackson was already snoring, the living room was already quiet, and all the lights were already off. It was one thirty in the morning. Mark's phone made a *PING and he was quick to pick it up and read.

I bam-e chuwo. Niga nae yeope eobseujanha. =(
This night is cold. You're not beside me.=(

 

Mark smiled and got up, pulled on his jacket and sneaked off into the night once again.


~~~~~~~~~~

It was late that afternoon when Noona got a call from the office. Midori told her there was a problem on the new android game for JYP that needed her attention. When she got out of her house, she was met by a man carrying a notebook.

"Jogeum isseoyo?" The man started asking her if she knew Got7, of she was a fan, and if she was close wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter