Let's Party

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean you're not staying with us?" Dorine Tuan asked Eunhye, the crease in her forehead evident even in the screen of Mark's phone. Papa Tuan had video chatted while Mark was in the shower and so she answered it. When she did, they asked her if she got tickets to watch JYP Tour in the states and asked her to stay with them. 

"My cousin actually moved to LA," she told Mark's mom. "And his wife is pregnant, but he has to go to Boston for four days. I'm supposed to fly in earlier than Mark so I could keep her company."

"Really?" the older woman brightened. "Where in LA?"

"It's actually in Tammy's neighborhood," Mark said, butting in. He had just sat down on the couch, biting down an unpeeled apple he found on Eunhye's fridge. Unlike theirs, hers was always full. "She was their real estate agent."

Dorine's smile grew wider. "Really? Wow! Small world. Then, tell your cousin they're welcome to the family as well."

Eunhye flushed. Mark's mom had always been sweet, but Eunhye was still shy to bring a plus one on their family activities, and Chime would probably decline. Dorine asked who her cousin in LA was and she seemed to remember them as the sweet couple expecting a baby, and even knew their names.

"I'm having goosebumps right now," Papa Tuan said, rubbing her arm. "Who knew we're connected like that. Mark, you better keep her."

"Oh, I'm keeping her," Mark assured his dad. 

They chatted longer, and Eunhye moved away to give Mark time with his family while she prepared what she would wear later that night. Back in her college days, she never really attended school dances until her last year, because she didn't have the interest with parties. Instead she'd stay up all night playing computer games with her guy friends. But currently, she was infront of the mirror in her walk-in closet, trying to fit a purple wig for her first Halloween costume.

Mark was bringing her as his date to the JYP Halloween Party. 

He didn't give her much choice when he told her that morning. He said he had already enlisted her among the guestlists and threatened to break up with her if she didn't come. In retort, she threatened to break up with him if he insisted she came.

"Take Somi," she had told him. "Nan anga."

"She's Yugyeom's date," he had replied.

"Go stag, then."

"Mwoya! I'm the one outed with a girlfriend, and I'm gonna go stag? NA? Shirheo! You're going. Keokjeong ma, ni costume naega junbi haesseoI already have your costume ready."

It was going to be an exclusive party only for JYP Entertainment. There wouldn't be any media inside the party, according to JYP, himself, but they would be there outside the hotel where they'd be holding the gathering, and she was still a bit uneasy. Of course, fans would be there, too. The only console she found was that it was a costume party and she'd be under hideous makeup that would hide her real face.

 

********************


The two of them went to the party in her car, and they got earlier than the other members. At the parking lot, they stayed inside the car, busy taking selcas with their costumes on while they waited for the others. Eunhye said she didn't want to walk inside alone with Mark, and insisted they wait for them and go inside together. Ten minutes later, a black van pulled up right beside them and out came the other members looking as hideous as they were. 

Yugyeom and Bambam went as Halfboys from the movie, Mad Max, Jinyoung as Edward Cullen(which Eunhye thought was too conceited and told him she liked Jacob Black better), Youngjae with a Scream mask on, and JB in a Frankenstein costume. Eunhye laughed at that and told him he should have gone as Kingkong. Mark was wearing a skeleton costume to match Eunhye, who went as the Queen Archer from the game, Clash of Clans. He had wanted to go as the King Barbarian, but Eunhye insisted he went on a skeleton ("Costume eobseodo dwaeYou don't even have to wear a costume," she said to him then) or else she'd break up with him. Mark had retaliated with singing their song, If You Do, which was about a girlfriend always insisting what she wanted and a boyfriend with no freedom at all. The Queen Archer had a skill that allows her to summon skeleton warriors and Archers, but everyone (except Mark) agreed that the skeleton was more fitting for his image.

"JaraullineSuits you," JB commented, patting Mark on the back.

"Shut up."

"Jacksoneun?" Eunhye asked. He promised to go as a Minion from the movie, Despicable Me. 

"Nujgeragu haesseoHe said he'll be late," Youngjae replied. 

"Eonnie!" they turned around to another van that pulled over to see Somi. She was looking cool as Imperator Furiosa, also from the Mad Max movie. Since Bambam had no date, she agreed to go with the two maknaes. Along with Somi's team members, they all went in. Eunhye was thankful of their number. She can hide from the flashing lights from the media that stood on post at the entrance.

"Go Crazy" was playing on the speakers, and everyone was hyped up inside. After greeting their seniors, they all went to their respective tables to wait for the others. It was still a semi-formal gathering, and for this time, staff and artists were equals: a part of one company. 

"Good, you're here," The Hulk greeted her when they went to let the CEO know that they were there.

"Oppa," she said to JYP. "You're supposed to wear a costume."

"Niga wae costume ibeosseo?Why did YOU wear a costume?" JYP the Hulk snapped back. "Ni moseubi imi museobjanhaYour image alone is scary enough. Keuji?Isn't it?" JYP nudged Mark. GOT7 laughed at the joke, still not understanding how can Eunhye be so friendly with their CEO. 

Eunhye looked around when she noticed some of the people were making a fuss about something, or someone who just came in.

"Heol," Yugyeom breathed, making the others turn around, too.

Jackson was coming in through the main entrance, where there were many reporters. And he wasn't alone.

"Noona!" Bambam jumped up and down, and he wasn't calling Eunhye. There was a girl walking with Jackson.

"Hyung!" Jackson waved to JYP. "Wow, looking good, Hyung."

"Chloe?!" Eunhye recognized the girl who came in with Jackson even if she had an Elsa costume and makeup on. "Chloe majji?You're Chloe, aren't you?!"

"Eonnie? What are you doing here?"

The two girls looked at each other, eyes wide. Eunhye never expected Chloe to be there, and apparently, the other girl didn't anticipate that she'd be there, too.

"Hey, noona," Jackson said and put an arm around Chloe. "Meet my girlfriend."

"MWORAGU?!"

Youngjae and Jinyoung laughed behind Eunhye. "Noona. Wae manhi nollasseo?Why are you surprised?" Jinyoung asked her. "Jacksoneun eotteon namja aljanhaYou know what kind of guy Jackson is."

"Sang namjamanly," Jackson said.

"Flirt," Jinyoung snapped.

"Jackson is your boyfriend?!" Eunhye gasped at Chloe, ignoring the kids who were making noises behind her.

"Welcome, Chloe," JYP told the girl. "Enjoy the party. Itda yaegihajaLet's talk later." The last sentence was for Jackson, and after that JYP hulked away.

"Ne," Chloe said shyly to JYP. Then she spotted Mark's hand on Eunhye's and her eyes went wider--if that was even possible. "Eonnie-ui namchineun Mark-oppa yeosseo?Mark is your boyfriend?"

"Aneun saiya?You two know each other?" Jackson asked Eunhye.

"Daebak," Mark said, then held out his hand to Jackson for a high five. Boys, and their one-word-then-high-five language.

Jackson and Chloe sat down beside them, and soon afterwards, the official program started. Park Jinyoung started with the welcoming remarks and soon came the games and the song numbers. There was a short skit from the managers which had everyone cracking up. It was the time for the managers to be the ones on the spotlight. JB was laughing so hard that one of his fake bolt&nut came off his face.

The food came and everyone's eyes were fixed on the dishes. Mark had to pay extra care, and slapped Eunhye's hands when her fork reached for the crab sushi.

"Ddak hanamanJust one," she said, making a cute face. One would never see her pull an aegyo unless it was about something she couldn't eat.

"Niga hamyeon good, naega hamyeon kkeut..." Mark started to sing.

Eunhye stuffed the crab sushi inside his mouth so he'd stop singing. "Niga ta meogeo, ta!You eat it all."

"MadaYummy," Mark said, teasing her more. Eunhye mimed stabbing him with the fork she was holding.

"Mennal keureohkethey're always like that," Yugyeom told Chloe, who unconsciously stopped eating to watch Eunhye and Mark bicker. "Neorang Jackson hyung neomu dallaVery different from you and Jackson."

"Keuji?" Jackson agreed and then laughed like a hyena. "We're like, the sweetest couple. Right, Babe?"

"Noona, aahhh, naega julkkeI'll feed you," Jinyoung told Eunhye, stretching out his chopsticks with a shrimp cutlet, which she gobbled fast before Mark could take it away.

"Jinyoung saranghae," she said and smiled.

"YA!" roared Mark.

"Ddak hanaman meogeoraguI said just one," Eunhye said and rubbed Mark's arms. "Keokjeongma, yak isseoI brought medicine." 

"Naman julkkeIt s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter