A few more days

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn't realized she fell asleep until Dorine entered the room and told Mark it's time for dinner. Mark had fallen asleep, too, with Noona's head on his arm and him resting his head on hers.

"How are you feeling?" Dorine asked Noona, sitting on the edge of the bed. 

Like I'm dying.

"I'm fine now that I'm rested."

"You look pale. Mark, just bring her food here. She probably can't walk properly."

"I was thinking that, too," Mark said, rising up and gently squeezing Noona's hand. "Kwaenchanha?"

Aniyo. Nae mam apeo. Kajima. Honja dujima. I'm not. My heart hurts. Don't go. Don't leave me alone.

"Yeah, I'm good." Noona got up, herself. "I'll go eat with you."

Dorine put an arm around her and they went out of the room. Noona put on her smiling face again, thinking she should get an Oscar for her acting skills. Should I audition to be an actress, now? she thought.

"There's Uncle Mark."

They both looked as two little girls ran to hug Mark's legs. Noona, a er for cute children, fell in love with them at first sight. She sat on the floor and waved at them. The younger one shied away and poked Mark.

"Hi! What's your name?" ^____^

Mark laughed at his niece shying away from Eunhye. Then came their mother, a bowl of soup already on her hand, coming to hug Mark.

"You're baaaaack!"

"Yes I am!"

The kids giggled at their mom and uncle exchanging smooching sounds and rubbing their cheeks together. Noona stood up to formally greet Mark's sister. After Mark, Tammy Chung looked at Noona and smiled at her sweetly. "You must be Grace." She gave Noona a quick hug. "Girls, this is your Uncle's new girlfriend. Say hi."

New girlfriend. "Hi girls!"

Mark whispered something to the older girl, and nudged her to speak.

"Ajhumma," the girl said cutely, looking at noona. Mark laughed at that.

Noona gave Mark a warning look and bent over to put her face closer to the girl's. "I'm Grace. What's your name?"

"Kylie."

"This is Kylie and this is Leila," Tammy Chung introduced her children, looking so pretty as a proud mom. "C'mon, it's time for dinner."

Noona held her hand out for Kylie and the girl took it, looking at Mark as if asking his permission. Mark took the other girl, Leila in his arms and carried her to the dining room. They had another hearty dinner, making Noona forget about her previous drama.

After dinner, Mark stayed to catch up with his sister while Noona played with the girls, who actually seemed to like her. Mark watched her in the living room, making that instant connection with his nieces as she played with them and Joey. He was thinking she is going to be a great mom someday. Leila was running circles around her with high pitched giggles, Noona grabbed her, looking like a concerned mother.

"You'll hurt yourself if you fall down."

"I won't fall." <--Leila

"Yes you will. And your mom is going to kick me out of the house. Do you want that?"

Leila shook her head.

"Good. Now come here and let me do your hair."

Leila shook her head and ran away from her. Joey laughed as he saw Noona's expression before she ran after the kid. In one quick move, she caught the girl and put her on her shoulder, pretending to laugh like a witch.

"Mark."

"Huh?" Mark looked at Tammy.

"Were you even listening?" his sister asked. She followed her brother's gaze and smiled. "I almost got mad at you for what you did to Jessica, but seeing you now..and meeting Grace, I think I get it."

Mark stared at his hands, not knowing how to respond to that. He gets what his sister meant. Jessica was so close to their family, and Tammy was closest to her. Noona was now pretending to slam Leila on the couch and tickling the girl, filling the living room with high pitched giggles. Mark looked at Noona again and their eyes met. She stuck her tongue out.

"I'm taking this one with me," she said, pointing to Leila.

Tammy held her hands out. "Oh, please, do." She watched Mark watch his girlfriend and she could see her brother is in love. She leaned her back on the chair and nudged Mark with her foot. "You really love her, huh?" The answer was written all over Mark's face. "She looks like a nice girl. I hope she doesn't break your heart."

"I'm scared I might break hers. Aww!"

Tammy slapped her brother's thigh. "Don't you dare."

Mark told Tammy about Noona having experiences with obssessive fans and that she was scared it will hurt Mark if they were out in public. Mark explained what he did on the concert, and everything that he was feeling at the moment.

"Wow. My brother's all grown up, now."

"You think?"

 

********

Mark was carrying a pillow when he came to the room Noona was sleeping in. Noona closed her eyes, pretending to sleep. Mark knew her too well, and jumped up and down the bed, trying to act like Kylie and Leila. She made no move to stop him so Mark jumped one last time and landed next to her.

"You're not sleeping, areo."

"I'm trying to sleep."

"Andwae!" Mark pulled her to face him. "Shirheo. Jajima." 

Noona remembered something and took out a box out of the drawer beside the bed. "Your fans gave this to me. They said I should give it to you."

"Mwonde?What is this?" Mark looked inside. "Wow! Cute!" He took one letter and read it. Afterwards, he gave it to Noona. "It's for you."

That took her attention. She opened her eyes and looked at the letter.

To Mark's girlfriend,
You're one lucky girl, you should know that! We're so jealous of you. Please love Mark with all your heart, because Mark's love is not something to waste. Please take care of Mark for us! And we can tell Mark loves you so much so we will love you, too! Mark loving someone like you makes us love him more. Thank you for loving Mark! Fighting!


One lucky girl. Am I, really?

"Eo? Wae geuraeseo? I thought you would smile, or something."

She folded the letter and handed it back to Mark, then went back to hugging the pillow Mark brought with him. Mark put down the letter he was reading himself, and pulled the pillow out of her hands. He then moved closer to her so she would hold him. But Noona just put her hands under her head and closed her eyes instead. Mark pinched her cheeks, knowing she hates it when he does that. She didn't react to that as well.

"Ya. Nal barabwa.Look at me." 

She opened her eyes to humor him and closed them right back again.

Mark got up and Noona thought he was finally leaving her alone at last. She heard the door close and she buried her face on the pillow. But then, she heard the lock being turned and she looked at Mark coming to lie back down on the bed.

"Mwohanya?What are you doing?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter