JYP Nation in LA Part 3/3

Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye had cut the tshirt Tammy gave her and made it into a loose sleeveless top. She had much experiences with concerts as big as JYP Nation's to be full of energy and she wanted to be able to move freely. Of course, she asked Mark's sister if she minded, and she didn't seem to. When they were inside, waiting for the program to start, she regretted it. The AC blasted 21°C and she was right underneath it.

"Where's your fashion now?" Andrew murmured beside her and snickered. "Here." He handed her his jacket.

"I'm fine," she said. "It's going to be really hot when they start."

"Return it to me when it starts, then." He draped it over her shoulder.

She finished her post in Twitter and opened some of her emails. Business seemed to be the usual, despite an article mentioning her name and SM Entertainment again. Midori had seen it and emailed her about it but she assured her friend it wasn't anything to be of concern. She wasn't dating Chanyeol when she was in Japan. They might have met twice but it was never the two of them alone. She also explained that Chanyeol had borrowed her house for one night but she didn't stay there together with him. She left out the part that she slept at Mark's though.

"So Mark said you like cars."

She looked at Andrew. "What else did Mark say about me?"

Andrew chuckled. "We guys stick together, so I can't really say, right?" he teased. "I'm just messing. He just warned me to not let you behind the wheel if I value my safety."

"The nerve," she groaned. "We never got into an accident when I'm behind the wheel."

That made him laugh. "Why does that sound like he did?"

"I drive a Porsche," she explained in a low voice. "He rides their van. He got his license but never really got to drive. Imagine what happened the first time he stepped on the accelerator."

He let out a laugh, causing Nathan to ask him why. Nathan also burst out laughing when Andrew repeated what she just said but then the conversation shifted to car-talk. To the boys' surprise, she knew cars and details that even some men overlook or didn't know. Mark seemed to have found himself a keeper. It was a bit intimidating, but it was also refreshing at the same time that there were girls who actually not only think about make up and looking good. And for Mark to be dating someone who seemed to know about and care about a lot of things seemed to prove that opposites do attract. Nathan made that comment, making Eunhye blush, and she thanked the dim lighting of the venue to cover for that.

Jessica sat on a different section in the audience with her best friend, Laureen. She waved at Eunhye when she saw her. She had a Jinyoung banner with her and was holding a fan with Mark's face on it.

The lights dimmed and fans screamed knowing it was going to start. The background music playing Twice's "Cheer Up" turned the volume up and out came the group. Soon after, a lovely mellow number came from 15&, Ayoung and Bernard Park. Each groups had at least two numbers, and the crowd around her was loudest when GOT7 came out. For some reason, though, Eunhye felt as if Mark was only half there. He had missed a couple of steps that most people might overlook but she had seen it multiple times and knew it no how small it was. Of course she only knew Mark's part. Most of the time, if not all, when she watched them perform or practice, her eyes were glued to Mark. Just like this one. Her suspicion about Mark was supported by his hard expression when it was his turn to be the emcee with DAY6's Jae. What made JYP assign Mark as an MC, Eunhye wondered. It was usual for Jae to do most of the talking but Mark's expression was dark.

"MARK OPPA!" Andrew suddenly yelled beside her, resonating and reaching the stage, making Mark look at their direction and break into a smile. Mark pointed at his friend and Andrew and company cheered. Eunhye waved at him, but Mark already went back to his cue card. She shrugged it off, figuring it was just because she waved too late.

There were a lot of special stages and collaborations. Eunhye's favorite performance was FLY+IF YOU DO (nope she's not biased at all) even though she could see the members struggling with their breath afterward. Mark looked like he was going to throw up out of exhaustion and she wanted to run to the stage and hug him to say he did well.

The last special stage was, as always, JYP's, singing his latest single, "Still Alive," and ending with Who's Your Mama with all of the other artist going to the stage. They sang Go Crazy and Nobody with the fans as they played on the stage. Somi spotted Eunhye at the crowd and waved excitedly and threw a heart at her. Nathan and Andrew reacted beside her, acting as if catching the heart and putting it in their chests, earning glares from Shawna. Mark was hyped up now, living up to his motto 'Work hard, play hard," which turned out to be his friends' life motto as well, and Eunhye was sure she imagined the whole thing earlier.

Seeing Mark on stage, though, for the first time after almost a week, made her miss Mark more than she knew she did. She thought she was used to having time apart when he was working and had sworn to him that she would never get in any way between him and his career so as much as she can. She would let him prioritize it, even if he didn't want to, at times. Yet hearing girls scream his name made her want to shout to the whole world that he was her boyfriend and hers alone. Good thing that she still had her sanity though.

"You've gone quiet," Andrew said in her ear because all the people were cheering loudly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah!" She yelled back. "I didn't bring my glasses and I was trying to focus on Mark."

Andrew burst out laughing at her cheesiness and went back to cheering and so did Eunhye. She wanted to date Mark so that meant she had to date his fans as well. With Mark not being her first idol-boyfriend, she should have known by now.

Since she was going to see Mark at the party anyway, Eunhye didn't ask her dear friend, JYP, for a backstage pass. She shouldn't be that clingy. And so she waited patiently for the concert to finish and for all of them to move out and go back to the Tuan residence. Standing by the parking lot, Eunhye was getting ready to get on the back of Raymond's car when her phone made a ping. She pulled out her phone to read it and recognized Chanyeol's LINE id even thoigh the picture showed a black background.

보고싶어.
I miss you.

"Hey, Grace. Do you want to drive?" It was Nathan, dangling his car keys for her. Some of them had been taking turns on a hip flask that she knew had alcohol. Andrew gave her a look that made her guess he wanted to drive. Shawna had a blank face on and the others already were in their cars.

"I can't really see clear at night," she said. "And I don't have a license here. Maybe it's safer if Andrew does. He hadn't had any drinks, too, right?"

"Okay," Nathan shrugged and went into the backseat, pulling his girlfriend with her.

"Nice." Andrew took the keys to Nathan's G37 and got behind the wheel. "Are you gonna ride with us? They're just gonna make out in the backseat, please save me."

She pocketed her phone and knocked on Raymond Tuan's window. "They had some drinks, I'm gonna have to ride with them."

"Have you had any? Mark's going to kill me."

She smiled. "No, not me. You'll be fine. Drive safe!" She left and got on the passenger seat. "Let's go."


********************


GOT7 members got to their afterparty after a couple of hours. Eunhye was nowhere to be found, so Mark went to look for Andrew whom he saw was glued to her hip throughout the concert. He found his friend with Wesley, Joey and Andrea on one side of the pool, talking about going into a vacation together.

"Did anyone see Grace?" He asked them.

"Well, hello to you, too, Mr Superstar," Andrew said. He was submerged in the pool so he moved closer and gave Mark a high five. "How are you?"

"I think she went out to buy more ice. Jessica went with her," Joey said.

"Jessica's here?"

"Yeah," Wesley said, chuckling meaningfully. "I thought she wasn't going to make it, she said she had exams, but.."

"Grace practically begged her to come," Andrew commented. "And dude, it's not awkward for the two of them at all. Does Grace know?" Mark nodded, still looking around. "Dude, how do you do that? I'ma give it to you, bro'. You're the man."

"Hey guys, 'sup!" Bambam and Yugyeom had walked over to them and greeted them. Mark hang with then for a few more minutes but quietly left them and went to his phone. He knew Eunhye wouldn't drive because she didn't have the license allowing her to drive in America. 

"Dude, don't you get sick of each other?" Andrew said. "You've been on the phone all the while we were driving."

Mark looked questioningly at his friend. "What do you mean?"

"You've been blowing up her phone on our way here, weren't you?" Andrew asked, filling his cup with another shot of beer. "She'd been talking in Korean, so I know it was you, man. Were you fighting? Stop fighting girls, man. You'll never win."

Mark took the cup from his friend and took a swig for himself, then shoved it teasingly on his slightly drunk friend. "Just go get drunk, man." 

"I'm good at that," Andrew said. "Hey, Wendy!"

"Hey, Mark." Mark turned around and came face to face with an old friend, Holly. She had a cup in her hand as well, and by the looks of it, it wasn't her first. "I missed you." She didn't give Mark a chance to respond and pecked his cheek.

"Hi, Holly," Mark said, steadying his staggering friend. "I didn't know you were coming."

She encircled her hands around his waist and called out to the group of her friends. "Look who's here now!" She dragged Mark to another group of people, who were already talking to Jackson and Youngjae. "Wendy, look who made it." Soon Mark was surrounded by his friends and a couple whom they brought with them. They were all in their bikinis, and obviously already had some dip in the Tuan Pool before the GOT7 members got there. "So, finally, I get to meet your new girlfriend. How's she really like? Andrea seem to like her. And Jessica. I didn't really think they'd be that close."

"You're drunk, Holly," Mark smiled. "How's midterms?"

"Don't wanna talk about that. We're here to PARTY!"


******************

"Sorry I dragged you here," Eunhye said to Jessica. "I just felt a bit awkward back there."

"I know," Jessica replied. "But volunteering to get more ice.. I'm telling you, it's pretty obvious."

She mock-hit her on the shoulder. "I'm just not really into partying that much." Her phone vibrated in her pocket. "Besides, if Mark would know that I've been drinking, he'd throw a fit."

"I would actually wanna see that one," Jessica admitted, trying to picture it out. She had never really known Mark to be the one to throw fits or be really mad about something to the point that he'd make a scene. "Whenever he got mad at me he only gave me the silent treatment."

Eunhye nodded in agreement. "That's actually scarier."

Jessica pulled over at the convenience store as Eunhye went inside to grab their order, surprising her of her strength when she carried two huge bags and put it in the cooler herself. "Sometimes, I wonder if you're really a girl." They laughed at that, making their way back to the car.

The vibrating phone started to annoy her and she made a motion to Jessica. "Hold on. I better take this." She studied the caller ID for a second and answerred it. "Yeobeoseyo?" she said through gritted teeth. 

"Ah, ne. Heokshi Maeko Nana majyo?Are you Maeko Nana?"

"AniyoNo," she said, trying to keep her calm. "Maeko Nana nugujyo?Who's Maeko Nana?"

"I johnwa bonho hwakshiri majneundeI already checked this phone number," the caller said. "Keunyang jjamkkan manna bojushimyeon johgesseoyoI would really want to meet you for a few moments. EXO-ui Chanyeol irang musun sai isseyo?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter