Myungsoo

The Imperfects

[Myungsoo’s PoV]

“Dad, if you keep gambling, the loan sharks are going to find us again.” I yelled to my drunken appa. I glared at the bastard who glared at me, pushing me away as I tried to stop him from leaving the house again.

“Get away,” Said the man, “You piece of of a child.”

I glared at him, punching his side, “I told you to stay home!”

He turned around and slugged me in the face, slamming me against a wall. I glared at the man who was now standing right in front of my face, breathing into my face; his breath reeked of alcohol and made me want to throw up. I glared at the man, who pinned my arms against the wall; I brought my knee up, connecting it with his groin. He fell down, groaning and I brought my knee up again, this time it connected with his nose and made a sickening sound. The man howled in pain and I locked the front door again. I didn’t get to turn around before I got thrown on to the ground again.

“You are that ’s son…” muttered the man, bringing up his leg and stomping down onto my stomach, making me groan in pain as I heard a sickening crack come from my side. I rolled onto the opposite side and the adult kicked me continuously on the stomach.

He then turned around towards the door and I forced myself to stand up. I then ran and tackled him, ignoring the pain from my ribs. I sat there onto of him, slugging him in the face continuously. He then threw me off him and into a wall, putting yet another dent into it.

“Get the out of this house!” yelled my father, leaning over me, “If you don’t like the way I live then get the out!”

He threw me against the door.

I stood up, “Fine…I’ll be going then, and don’t some seek me out when you need money or need to hide from the loan sharks.”

I then opened the door, walking straight into a loan shark. He pointed a gun at me and I looked at him shocked.

“Where is your father?” asked the man.

I pointed inside, “Go ahead and have him.”

He then let me go and I walked to the hospital, where the people ran test on me and found out that half of my ribs were broken and they made me get a surgery for it, which was what I hated about hospitals.

 After the surgery, I woke up in a room, with five empty beds and one filled bed with a male who was lying with his back facing me, I sat up, despite the pain coming from my torso and looked at the boy, looking at his sunken cheeks. I looked at him shocked, from where the light was hitting him, he looked angelic. I smiled; maybe going to the hospital wasn’t such a bad idea.

I glanced out the room’s window and saw unfamiliar scenery out there.

The room door opened and the doctor walked in happily, “Hello, Myungsoo, here’s your dinner!”

I looked at her, “May I know exact who you are and where I’m at, because last time I checked I was in the heart of Seoul.”

“You are at the outskirts of Seoul now, welcome to Seoul Rehab center, where we help all types of people recover. You are in here due to your ribs and also your short temper.” Said the lady, her smile was pissing me off, how can someone smile so much? “The boy over there is Sungyeol, he got here earlier today. I’m pretty sure he is sleeping, but I’m not really sure since he’s so quiet all the time, try to get him to talk a bit.”

I nodded, to get her to shut up, “So, how long will I be here?”

“Until your temper problem is settled, as well as your addiction to fist fight.” Said the lady, setting a tray on the table beside Sungyeol, she then handed me mine, “I’ll be back in an hour to get your tray!”

She then left and I let out a sigh of relief.

“Is she gone?” asked a soft, quiet voice, I nodded. Then noticed the boy couldn’t see me.

“Yes…The annoying lady is gone.” I said.

The boy rolled onto his back, and I noticed how skinny he actually was. I was kind of sickened at the sight of how his bones were stretching the skin. It looked like they’d tear through the skin, which made my chest hurt a bit. He rolled onto his side, facing me; he looked at the food on the table beside his bed in disgust.

“You can have my food if you’d like,” Said the boy, seeing that I was eating the food on my tray.

“I think you need it more than me.” I said, pushing his tray towards him again.

He shook his head, “I don’t like that crap…”

“Do you like food at all?” I hissed out, getting annoyed by the angel’s childishness already. I then noticed he stiffened up, rolling so his back was facing me again.

“Yes…I just don’t like the they give here.” Said the boy, I could tell he was lying.

 I stood up and walked to him, putting a piece of bread in front of his face, glaring at him as he scooted away, “Eat it…I don’t want to hear the ing nurse complain and whine about how you didn’t eat anything, so EAT IT.”

He sighed and took the bread from my hand. I stood there with my arms crossed over my chest, glaring at him.

“What?” he asked, “Go away…”

“No, if I go back to my bed you’ll throw the bread into the trash can right here and you won’t eat it, which in turn will make the nurse nag and then I’ll come after you.” I said, “So eat it now.”

He shook his head.

“Fine…I’ll force it down you!” I said, losing my temper.

I climbed onto his bed and grabbed the bread out of his hands and stuffing it in the boys’ mouth. Part of the reason I wanted him to eat it was because the nurse would eat it, the rest of the reason was because I wanted the boy to be healthy, after, he looks pretty cute now and would look even cuter if he wasn’t just skin and bones. He swallowed it and I smiled in success, climbing off his bed.

“That wasn’t too bad was it?” I asked, he glared at me and then looked back out the window, “Yah!”

He continued to ignore me, which made my glare intensify.

“YAH!” I said, getting really pissed off by his childishness.

He didn’t answer me, so I hit his shoulder and he winced, “Look at me when I’m talking to you! Also answer my questions!”

He held his shoulder which I hit, and looked at me with tear filled eyes, and looked back out the window, refusing to look at me. I saw a tear slip from his eye and for some reason my chest ached again. I sighed and walked to my bed sitting down again, eating my food once again and finishing off my tray.

“I’m going to eat your food.” I said, I was only greeted with a sniffle.

I shrugged and began to eat the tray of food like he said I could earlier.

Second chapter, I hope you like it so far, we still have five more stories to hear.