The Others like Us

The Imperfects

[Sungyeol’s PoV]

I shivered again and jumped as someone put their arms around me. I looked at the boy who was hugging me to see none other than Myungsoo, who was smiling at me. I sighed, too cold to care about him hugging me.

“You ok hyung?” asked Sungjong looking at me.

I nodded, smiling at him happily.

“Uh…Seungho,” Said Dongwoo, something coming up in his mind suddenly, we all knew what he was going to ask.

“Yes?” asked Seungho, who just got off his cellphone?

“Did you hear about the experiment thing going on there?” asked Dongwoo.

Seungho stiffened up, “Kind of…”

“Liar…” I hissed, shivering. The others looked at me shocked.

“Yes…” said Seungho, he looked sad about something, “They injected some type of made up drug, which is supposed to heal every issue there is. It’s supposed to a ‘godly’ drug, but most all the time it has horrible effects on people…”

We looked at him, kind of frightened.

“W-What are the possible effects?” asked Sungjong, cautiously, “could it possibly heal some one?”

“The effects vary…” said Seungho, “For me it made me an extremist bipolar (AN: This is a true classification for a bipolar person), it made me act on my feelings…I nearly killed someone I loved, but luckily, the medicine I’m taking fixed my problem. Two boys at the house were affected and made really childish. There were two who were actually fixed. There is a boy at the house who has become very aggressive thanks to the drug, another has become very weird and has begun to talk to himself, while the youngest boy fell mute. Then there is another one who has become very depressed. The last two have gotten weakened immune systems. These sound really bad, but we’ve discovered that the drug will wear off in two years, so you all will have to suffer from it for that long…but after that, you all should probably return to normal…”

We all nodded, and I coughed into my sleeve.

“What’s your name?” asked Seungho, I knew he was addressing me.

“Sungyeol…” I said, coughing into my sleeve again.

“You are getting the immune system problem…” said Seungho, “It shows up almost automatically…”

“Which one takes forever to show up?” asked Junho.

“The one that makes the person seem insane…” said Seungho, “we are almost at the house, so get ready to get out…”

We all nodded and Myungsoo helped me put on a second jacket.

Soon the truck came to a complete stop and we all climbed out with the help of Seungho, he lead us into the house, which was really warm.

“Welcome to our hide out,” Said Seungho, smiling at us.

We all glanced around, the house looked like an inviting place, the hard wood floors were polished and waxed to perfection and the front stair’s rug was perfectly clean, blue walls of the hall way were completely spotless.

“Come on in…the others are in the living room…” said Seungho, taking off his shoes, we nodded and took off our shoes and following him into the living room.

The TV was low and four older males sat on the couches talking quietly amongst themselves. On the other side of the room, there were two pale boys talking to each other while sitting on the couch in front of the fire place, both covered in thick cotton blankets, beside one of the boys sat an emotionless boy reading a book. In the near corner of the room, there was a boy curled up in a ball, mumbling to himself, ignoring the male who was glaring at him from the opposite corner of the room. I glance around more and saw the youngest looking boy sitting beside the four on the couch, his eyes glued to the television.

“SERIOUSLY, RICKY SHUT UP!” yelled the one boy in the corner, the other boy who was murmuring to himself looked at the older male who was clenching his fists tightly, glaring at the younger boy.

The younger boy, Ricky, let out a yelp and ran straight to us, hugging Seungho. The older boy across the room let out a low growl as two of the men that were on the couch held him back; Seungho was calming the childish boy who was hugging him tightly. I looked around and noticed that the other four boys in the room noticed us, the two on the other couch smiled at us and the silent boy turned his attention back to the television and the other turned back to his book.

After ten minutes, they finally got the boys to calm down and the younger boy took his place back in his corner and the other boy sat beside those who were near the fire place, cursing the younger under his breath. The four other adults looked at the eight of us who stood in the doorway.

“Boys.” Said Seungho, Ricky’s head automatically perked up, as did the four on the other couch, however, the boy watching TV was still focused on the TV. So Seungho called for him, “Changjo!”

The youngest boy in the room turned towards Seungho.

“I’d like to introduce you all to the eight new boys who will be living here from now…They came from the rehab center too.” Said Seungho, he looked at the oldest of the six boys and said, “You better be nice to them.”

The oldest boy huffed and looked away. One of the boys who were wrapped up in a blanket bounced over to us happily and smiled, “I’m Neil and it’s a pleasure to meet you all!”

We nodded and I noticed that the oldest boy was glaring at us now. I sighed and shook my head.

“I’m Sunggyu, this is Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Junho.” Said Sunggyu, introducing us to the others, he pointed at us when he said our names.

“You guys obviously already met Seungho, so the four older boys are GO, Joon, Thunder, and Mir. They all go by nicknames, as do we.” Said Neil, smiling, “Well, I’m pretty sure that Seungho doesn’t go by a nickname…anyways, the boy who is only focused on the TV is Changjo, the magnae. The boy over in the corner is Ricky, the one currently glaring at us is CAP, the other boy in the blanket is Chunji, and the boy who is absorbed in his book is L.Joe.”

We all nodded, trying to remember all their names, Seungho suddenly stood up from his place on the couch, saying, “Joon is going to show you all to your rooms, I’m going to go make dinner, feel free to do what you want.”

We nodded again and he left. A male who hadn’t stopped smiled since we came stood up and said, “Come on, I’ll take you to your rooms.”

We all followed him up the stairs and onto the second floor, pointing out the different rooms, “This is Seungho and my room, the room across from us holds Thunder, Mir, and GO. This is Chunji and Neil’s room, that’s Ricky and Changjo’s, and that one is L.Joe and CAPs.”

We all nodded and he then stopped at the first empty room and said, “This will be Myungsoo and Dongwoo’s room, and across from them will be Hoya and Woohyun’s. The one across from CAP and L.Joe’s room will be Sunggyu and Junho’s…Then the one that is at the end of the hall will be Sungyeol and Sungjong’s room.”

We all nodded quietly.

“Go ahead into your room, there are some clothes for you all to change into in there.” Said Joon, smiling, he then left us and we all walked into our rooms, I walked in with Sungjong and he automatically claimed the top bunk.

 I sighed and shook my head. I took a random long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans into the bathroom, locking the door. I took off the two layers of jackets and sighed, looking at my stomach, poking the thin layer of fat on the bone. I sighed for the umpteenth time that day, throwing on the shirt again and throwing on the blue jeans. There was a sudden pounding on the door, making me jump and drop the dirty clothes in my hands.

“Hyung, hurry up! I need to pee!” called Sungjong, childishly.

I swiftly picked up my dirty clothes and walked out of the bathroom, which Sungjong ran into happily, going to the bath room. I sighed and threw my things into the dirty clothes basket near the bathroom door. I then lay in bed and coughed into the sleeve of the warm, cotton shirt. I heard footsteps race down the hall and down the stairs, I knew the others were all dressed and already downstairs.

Just as suddenly as Sungjong went into the bathroom, he was hoping out of it happily, he grabbed my wrist, smiling, and said “Let’s go downstairs hyung!”

I nodded, and he dragged me out of the room, through the hall, and into the living room, where Ricky automatically hugged Sungjong and I, shocking us both.

“Maru likes you two!” said Ricky, smiling.

“Who’s Maru?” asked Sungjong, curiously.

“He’s right beside me, can’t you see him?” asked Ricky tilting his head to the side cutely, he looked at me with wide, round eyes. I looked at Niel for help and he stood up.

“Ricky, take Maru back to his favorite corner…I need to speak to the two really quickly,” Said Neil.

“NO!” said Ricky, “I was talking to them first, so, YOU have to wait until I’m done.”

“Ricky…” said Neil.

“I’ll cry,” Said Ricky, looking at Neil as if he was threating the older boy, I could see Neil sigh and begin to back away from the younger boy, the older five were in the kitchen, so we had no way of being saved, “Anyways, Maru likes you two!”

We both smiled, knowing it was the only way to get away from him.

“He likes Changjo too, but he never plays with us…will you two?” asked Ricky, giving us both puppy dog eyes.

I shook my head, “I don’t want to play with you two right now. I don’t feel good…maybe some other time.”

Ricky turned his puppy dog eyes towards Sungjong, who smiled and nodded.

The youngest boy jumped off us and jumping into the air happily, pulling Sungjong over to “his” corner. I walked to the other side of the room, where Neil was.

“You got the weak immune system too?” asked Chunji, I nodded, looking around to try and find the others but it was only Neil, Chunji, Sungjong, Ricky, Changjo, and I in the room.

“Where did the others go?” I asked.

“They went outside for a bit…” said Neil, “I’ve never seen someone react to Ricky likeSungjong did…”

“That’s a little worrying…” I said.

“It is,” Said Chunji, nodding, “I fear that Sungjong will end up like Ricky…”

 

Hope you enjoyed! :D Teen Top and MBLAQ have been introduced to the story now! :D Also, do you guys like the way the story is going? If you don't like it, please tell me.