The Escape

The Imperfects

[Sungyeol’s PoV]

I stared at the mirror, looking at my cheek and the meat that was coming back onto my bones, I’m gaining weight…not good…I held my breath, glancing at the toilet, having an internal battle over it.

There was a sudden pounding on the door.

“Who is it?” I asked, fixing the shirt I had lifted up.

“Sungyeol, you almost done in there? We need to get to Junho’s room.” Called Myungsoo, his voice soft and I glared at the door as Dongwoo’s voice sounded through the door too.

“Get your out here, we need to go, right now if you want to get your out of this stupid facility before they notice we are gone!” yelled Dongwoo.

 I flinched and sighed, opening the bathroom door and grabbing a jacket, throwing it on and pulling my backpack, which was filled with a blanket, an extra jacket, food, and some water, like they all were, just in case we were separated. Myungsoo grabbed my pack and I looked at him.

“Let me carry it, you should be focusing on healing.” Said Myungsoo, I looked at him and shook my head again.

“Shut up you two, we need to go NOW!” hissed Dongwoo, dragging me out of the room, the others followed us into the dark hall way through the whole building where the freak named Dr. Lee was sleeping peacefully.

When we arrived in Junho’s room, we noticed they all were gathered around the window anxiously. We all walked over there, seeing that there were guard dogs, I held my breath.

“Dongwoo, do you have a new plan?” asked Sungjong, looking at the older male with hope.

Dongwoo cursed under his breath and I knew that that was a no.

“We are going to get out of here, I don’t care, but we are…” said Sunggyu, “I know that we have problems and all, but this place , we are supposed to be here for therapy but instead we are here as experiments, this escape will include a mad dash to the fence, and climbing, after all, they are retarded and don’t have barbed wire on the top of the fence.”

We all nodded and held our breath, looking at the rather long dash as we opened the window and climbed out quietly and into the bushes, which smelt like cat crap.

We all then looked at each other, the closing of the window alerted the dogs and we all took off running as the dogs chased after us. I glanced back to see that there were about ten dogs chasing after us, all of them had what looked like incredibly sharp teeth, I held my breath seeing we were just five feet from the fence.

The others were in the process of climbing it, so I leaped and grabbed a hold of the fence, climbing it quickly so that the dogs wouldn’t get me. When we got to the other side of the fence, we all jumped down, rolling so we wouldn’t be hurt. I looked at the dogs on the other side of the chained fence, they all were going insane.

As we all stood up, the gaurds ran out and the seven headed to the hilly area south of Seoul, being sure to stay hidden in the dark since we didn’t want to get caught this early into our great escape.  Before we knew it, the sun was rising and we finally reached a small farming town. We all were exhausted and were looking for an inn.

Suddenly a car stopped beside us and a window was rolled down, revealing a black haired male with a scar running down the side of his face, he looked at us and said, “You guys escape from the so called rehab center at the edge of Seoul?”

We all looked at him cautiously, preparing to run.

“Relax…I used to go there. I escaped too…” said the male, his emotionless face turned to one that was not lying, “I promise you, I’m not going to take you back there…I’m here looking for escapees, since there tend to be a few every now and then…”

We all looked at each other.

“If it’d make you feel more relaxed, I could go bring a friend up here.” Said the male, he constantly glanced around, as if making sure there were no guards following us.

We all looked at Sunggyu and Dongwoo, who seemed to be the leaders of this escape.

“Fine, we’ll trust you.” Said Sunggyu, looking at the older male who climbed out of the truck and opened the backup, helping us climb into the back of the covered area.

“I’m Seungho by the way, my friends are back at the farm, taking care of some other boys like you all…” said Seungho, climbing into the front part of the truck, since the window was open so he could talk to u.

“Why did you get placed in there?” asked Sunggyu, looking at his wrists, looking at the scars that would forever mark his arms.

“I was a ‘troubled’ kid...I’m bipolar. I’d used to be really happy but I’d become really angry the next second,” Said Seungho, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Isn’t’ there medicine for that?” I asked, shivering.

He glanced at me through the rear view mirror, “There is…but Dr. Lee convinced my parents that I was insane and was suffering from some type of brain damage, so they automatically threw me out and into her care, where my condition only got worse and worse.”

“You’re fine now right?” asked Hoya, cautiously.

“Yes, I take medicine for it.” Said Seungho, “So, I’m perfectly fine…So, why were you all thrown in there?”

“I truthfully have no ing idea,” Hissed Dongwoo.

“I’m guess it’s because he has anger management issues.” Said Hoya, Dongwoo glared at him, but Hoya continued on, “I was thrown in there because I became mute from…from seeing my parents get killed right before my eyes…”

“I was thrown in there because of anger management and child abuse, or so that’s what the doctor called it…” Said Myungsoo, he then glared at the air.

“I’m in there because I tried to kill myself…” said Sunggyu, “Stress built up in me and I failed to get into the college they wanted me to, so I tried to kill myself since I felt like I failed them.”

“I was in there for child abuse…” said Sungjong, “My umma hit and kicked me all the time so…yeah…”

“I was placed in there for drugs…” said Junho, “I was locked away into my own private room, far away from the other patients…They actually made my addiction worse because a guard would actually eject drugs into me. I got into them thanks to my mother.”

Woohyun and I looked at each other, Woohyun and I both hated to speak about it. I could understand why Woohyun didn’t want to speak about his problem, because his was actually bad, so I chose to speak.

“I was placed in there due to mental abuse and anorexia…” I said, leaving it at that.

“We have two people back at the house that used to be like you, I’m sure they’ll be happy to help you.” Said Seungho, and I stayed silence, he decided to ask Woohyun about his issue.

“I was .” Said Woohyun and that was all Seungho needed to know.


I apologize for it not being all angsty like is probably should be...I stink at writing angst and I can never get my self to write it for some reason...I'm also really sorry for boring and probably poorly written chapter...I don't know why but my confidence went down thanks to one of my friends talking to me about this fic (she doesn't have an account but she told me over the phone). I really hope it isn't that bad...