The First Day Out of Infinite More

The Imperfects

[Sungyeol’s PoV]

I groaned as the room’s door opened, I was really a light sleeper and would wake up easily, I groaned and sat up looking as four nurses came in, three carrying two trays and one carrying one. The one with one handed the tray of simple toast and milk to me and went to wake the others up, easily getting the boys up.

“Your food trays are on the tables beside your beds, they are all the same so, don’t worry about mixing them up…” said the nurse, “I’ll be back in an hour to pick up the trays.”

The smell of eggs made me want to vomit. I glared at the tray in my hands and laid it on the table beside my bed. I then lay down again, staring out the window while the others all stuffed their food in their mouth like they haven’t eaten in days. I rolled my eyes and played with the edge of my sheet. There was an odd silence in the room.

“We should probably introduce our selves, shouldn’t we?” asked Sunggyu, taking the leadership role, “I’m Sunggyu and I’m 18.  I’m in here for attempted suicide.”

“I’m Dongwoo, 17, here for no ing reason,” Said Dongwoo, having the same attitude as last night.

“I’m Sungjong, 14, I’m here to recover from physical abuse, hence the bruises all over my body,” Said Sungjong, cheerfully.

There was a silence then, “Hoya, 16, witnessed my parents being killed.”

There was another silence then, “Woohyun, 17, I was .”

It was my turn, but I stayed quiet, wasn’t my problem obvious right now?

“The person in the corner is Sungyeol! He’s 16 and is in here for anorexia and mental abuse.” Said Sungjong, repeating the things I told him last night.

“I’m Myungsoo, 15. In here for ‘anger issues.” Said the boy in the bed beside me, I could tell he was glaring at me, seeing I wasn’t eating anything.

“So, I’m maknae?” said Sungjong, we all nodded, and he cheered, he was way too happy for someone whose in rehab. He calmed down and then said, “Sunggyu hyung, why are you suicidal?”

“It’s from stress I guess…also, I failed to get into the college my parents wanted me to go to.” Said the oldest, the one nearest to the door groaned.

“Sungyeol-ah, are you going to eat?” said a voice from across the room and I could tell all six sets of eyes were staring at me now.

“No.” I said, hugging myself.

“You need to though, hyung,” said Sungjong, pouting at me.

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, I need to.”

“So, are we going to have to force you to eat?” asked Dongwoo, “Because if we are, I’m going to be mad…eat by yourself you ing little piece of . We shouldn’t have to take care of you.”

“If you don’t eat it, the food will become useless trash!” said Myungsoo, angrily.

I trembled.

My father’s words: Piece of …useless trash…fat….

I covered my ears and closed my eyes, tightly, ignoring what they were saying, my father’s words kept echoing in my head to the point I couldn’t take it anymore and stood up and ran out of the room, I needed to go to the roof. I need to go somewhere secluded to let out my tears.

 

[Sungjong’s PoV]

We all were shocked when Sungyeol stood up and ran out of the room with tear filled eyes. I stood up, going after him. I chased him through the hall and up to the roof, seeing him sitting there on the bench, crying his heart out. I looked at him sadly and walked to him, embracing him. He looked at me shocked, but soon, he gripped onto the collar of my shirt, crying into my shoulder.

“Hyung…what’s wrong?” I asked.

“I’m a useless piece of , aren’t I?” asked Sungyeol, his whole body trembling from both the cold and his sobbing.

“No, you are not.” I said, running my hands through his hair soothingly, finally getting him to calm down and to stop crying, “Hyung let’s go back down and get you some food…ok?”

He nodded, wiping his eyes.

We then walked down stairs and into the room again, Sungyeol’s red and puffy eyes were obvious and everyone else noticed them. I had him sit down and forced him, nicely, to eat all the bread and drink all the milk.

 

[Myungsoo’s PoV]

My heart ached when Sungyeol ran out, but it hurt worse when he came back in with red eyes and Sungjong sat with him on his bed, where the younger boy forced him to eat the food and drink the milk. I glared at Sungjong, feeling…jealous?

 

The first day will continue to unfold in the next chapter! :D