The Sick Discovery 2/2: The beginning of 6 vs. 1

The Imperfects

[3rdPerson PoV]

The six stared at the ceiling in horror, people were tied up there, and their chests cut open to reveal their hearts only one person’s was beating though. The beating heart belonged to the pale, unconscious girl lying in the middle of the room on an island, there was a heart monitor hooked up to the girl.

Jaejoong squinted his eyes, somehow sensing that the girl seemed familiar.

“Jaejoong-hyung?” asked Changmin, seeing that Jaejoong was in a trance like state, looking at the girl.

The oldest of the six stepped into the waist deep water, ignoring the blood dripping down on him from the bodies that hung above him, ignoring that the lake was actually mostly blood. Changmin, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Chunji, and L.Joe stood on the edge of the platform, glancing between the horrifying things hung from the ceiling and to the oldest that was making his way towards the middle of the green lit room.

“We should head over to him…” said Changmin.

“But…the blood…” muttered Chunji, his voice quivering a bit.

“As long as you don’t drink it, you are fine.” Said Changmin, stepping into the water, followed by L.Joe, who pulled in the panicking Chunji too.

Myungsoo stepped into the water, right where the water was rushing out of the tunnel like a miniature waterfall. He looked up; waiting for Sungyeol, however, the older male was frozen at the entrance of the room, looking at something back in the tunnel.

“Sungyeol?” said Myungsoo.

“Shh…” Whispered Sungyeol, Myungsoo had to strain his ears to hear the older male.

He stayed silent, hearing footsteps coming closer through the tunnel, he quickly pulled Sungyeol down, out of the entrance, and out of the sight of anyone who was entering through that tunnel, whispering out, “Guys we have company!”

Changmin, L.Joe, and Chunji looked at the two in shock. Changmin then took lead, whispering so all four could hear, “L.Joe, Chunji, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, hide in the tunnels nearest to you...quickly! I’ll take care of Jaejoong-hyung…”

He swam quicker while the other four all headed towards the tunnel to their left, which was the nearest to them, all four of them got there at one time and L.Joe helped the fear filled Chunji up first, then climbed in himself. Myungsoo saw that Sungyeol was still staring at the tunnel with fear evident all over his face, the older male was so scared that all the blood drained out of his face and he was really, really pale.

“Sungyeol…” said Myungsoo, he then saw the older male trembling, “come on…”

The older male did not respond, he just stood there, looking at the entrance with fear filled eyes, he looked at Changmin who finally got to Jaejoong and was on his way back to the two.

“They aren’t going to get here in time…she is going to see them…” stuttered Sungyeol, gripping onto Myungsoo’s hand tightly.

“Yeolie…we’ll be seen too if we stay here…” said Myungsoo, however, the older didn’t respond again.

Myungsoo saw the light from the person’s flash light shining on the wall near the entrance and he knew he couldn’t wait for Sungyeol any longer, he pulled himself up into the tunnel, pulling Sungyeol up, but the older male didn’t respond still he just stayed frozen.

Myungsoo looked at Changmin who was nearly there; Jaejoong seemed to have come back to his senses again and was also coming towards the tunnel as quickly as he could. Jaejoong waved, telling him to get farther into the tunnel, Myungsoo nodded, and pushed Sungyeol farther into the tunnel, and pulling L.Joe and Chunji there too and they all threw themselves against the opposite wall, where the light from the room wasn’t shining on them and where the light from the flash light couldn’t get on them.

Jaejoong made Changmin climb up first, and then climbed up himself, just as he sat beside Myungsoo, the light shone on the wall across from them and the wall right beside Jaejoong. The all held their breath; the only thing that they could hear was the slow beating of the girl’s heart and the slow beep of the machine hooked to her, as well at their own hearts pounding in their ears.

They heard the person wading towards the island, “Seoji-ah…I’m still looking for a heart that’d work in place of yours…”

“Wait…if that’s not Seoji, who it is?” whispered Changmin, really quietly, Jaejoong replied with a shrug.

“Don’t worry, unnie, your baby sister is Seohyun is here…” muttered the girl, “None of these patients hold the same heart tissue as you…if only I hadn’t let Jaejoong go, then you would still be alive…well, he still thought you were alive...you were in a way, but he thought I was you…Hahaha…he’s foolish isn’t he unnie? He’s really foolish thinking that he could trick me into thinking he wasn’t here, but I know he’s down here. I saw them come down here, and I know exactly where he and some others are hiding…”

We all looked at each other and Jaejoong motioned for us to stand up, we all did and we began to move down the pitch black hall way slowly and quietly, wading quietly through the shallow and silent stream that ran through the tunnel.

“Jaejoongie, you know you can run…but you can never hide…” said the Seohyun girl, laughing like she was some insane lady, “I’m pretty sure when I catch you and the five others, I’ll cut the other five open first and let you watch them suffer, knowing that it’s all your fault because you were the one who led them down here…then I’ll kill you and heal my sister, the one you caused to die!”

Jaejoong shook and whispered, “So when I came into contact with Seoji again, it wasn’t Seoji, it was actually her insane, younger twin sister Seohyun…”

“I guess…” Said the other five.

There was a loud splash in the water and they all knew that Seohyun had jumped in and was on her way after them.

“We need to get out of here soon.” Said Jaejoong, “It’s either that or I need to take care of her once and for all.”

“Can’t it be the second choice hyung?” asked Sungyeol, his skin was still pale.

“Why?” asked Jaejoong.

“Hyung, if we leave her alive, she’s going to continuously come after us or she’ll go after all the innocent people,” Said Chunji, agreeing with Sungyeol, looking right at Jaejoong.

“So we need to take her on now?”

The five others nodded.

“How are we going to do that here? She has the advantage, she can see, but we can’t…” said Jaejoong, “Why couldn’t we have thought of this sooner, when we still had a place to fight!?”

“I don’t know hyung, It was because we panicked maybe?” said Changmin.

They heard a knife scraping against the stone wall and they all looked at each other and all broke out into an all-out run knowing that if they didn’t a dangerous situation would happen here in the dark, after all, all of them were blind in the pitch black tunnel.

“Hyung there are three tunnels, which way we should go?” asked Changmin.

“As much as I’d hate to say this, split up into two groups, Chunji and L.Joe, you are one, Myungsoo and Sungyeol, you’re one. Changmin you are with me…Take the tunnel closest to you.”

The boys all nodded and split up, all heading in the different directions; the boys were well into the tunnels when four words echoed through the tunnels, “Two people will die…”

 

I hope you all have enjoyed the chapter! Also, I'm sorry if I've given any of you night mares...Anyway, double update again today...however there aren't many chapters left...so, should I spread the chapters out, or finish the story with in the week?