~Leaving.

The one choice.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood in a dark room. Only a tiny bit of sunlight filtered through the curtains in my old lounge. I look around. What am I doing here? Why would I want to think of this place? It was just after my mum died I suppose. I was about 7 years old when she died from giving birth to my younger brother.  He is the only thing I have left from her, my dad had strict rules about pictures, so we only had one of my mum. I know my mum was going to die. The doctors had told her that there was a risk of her life if she went through with the birth, which of course she did. She said she'd raher die with us being happy, than us losing the baby and geting upset about that. 

Me and my brother grew up without a mother, only a father to take care of us. Except he wasn't the father I remembered. I remembered him as a happy man, who put everyone before himself but since the day of mother's death he changed...

**

I shot up in the bed. Where am I? What is this? I look around the strange room and suddenly remember I'm in a hotel, and I'm leaving later today. Violet was asleep in the bed beside me, thank goodness I didn't wake her. My body was sticky with sweat, my hair was all over the place, my body tired. I rub my tired eyes and swing my legs out of the bed. I lean my elbows onto my knees and cover my face with my hands. I need to stop having these nightmares, that was before, I need to think of now. I need to think of how to knit mine and Violet's relationship back together, I need to think of my career, I need to think of now and nothing but now. I do not live in the past!

As I force the last images of the nightmare out with a  pounding heart, I manage to slow my heart and breathing. The sun was just rising, painting the room a pale yellow colour. I stumble out of bed and steer my body towards the bathroom. Once I reach the bathroom, I make sure to shut the door as quietly as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter