~Alone

The one choice.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Along with the shirt, I wore a pair of skinny jeans and had a warm coat on top. I was meeting Violet in half an hour, in front of the city's christmas tree. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest from excitement, I honestly could not wait. The last time I saw her, I was in hospital, not the most romantic place ever. I could picture her small, cute face smiling when I see her. Her long brown, wavy hair swishing as she saw me again. I could imagine those beautiful eyes looking at mine, telling me all kinds of stories. How I wanted her so bad.

There was a slight chill to the air as I walked down the familiar street, humming a small tune to myself. It was crowded with last minute shoppers. I heard thye buzz if conversatiion and the sound of Christmas joy being echoed around the City streets. Small children stared up in a trance at the bright lights and tinsel.

I wrap the coat around my body tighter, trappimng the warmth beneath it. Flowers, I thought. I needed to buy her flowers too. I had already brought he an expensive necklace. I can only imagine how perfect it would look on her, and with that thought I find myself smiling like an idiot.

I make a sharp turn down another street, again busy with people and noise. Cars filled the road, passing by quickly. People, carrying bags of shopping, barged into me, not even turning to say 'sorry'. Like always, I was just an object, no one important, just another person like everyone else. I shake away the though and walk into the flower shop ahead of me.

The smell of the sweet perfume of flowers was strong, hardly suprising seeing as it was a flower shop. A rainbow of colours lined all the shelves, petals bright and leaves sparkling with droplets of water.

"Hello there Sehun," Said a sweet, old voice.

I spin around to see Nushina standing behind a counter, wearing a coat, hat, scarf and a pair of gloves. I did have to admit, it was quite cold in here. I bow my head to her, "Good afternoon ahjumma."

"Oh dear, how are you keeping these days?" She asked, sounding frail.

I carfuly walked past the display of colourful flowers, and rest my arms upon the counter in front of me. Nushina was my long gone, grandmother's friend. I often saw her when I was little. She was a sweet and kind old lady, the type who would always slip a sweet into your hands without your parents noticing. 

I looked up at her and saw how pale she was. She was skinnier too. "Ahjumma, you shouldn't be the one asking that...I should be. You don't looks so well, are you okay?" I ask, my voice tipped with worry,

She reached out her shaking hand and rested it on my cheek. I was suprised at how cold her hand was, making me shiver. "Oh Sehun, I'm fine," She lied. "I'm just a tad under the weather."

I raise my eyebrows at her, but knew not to carry on, she was a stubborn woman, and only grew stronger since the death of her husband. "Okay, well just keep warm please...and don't work too hard."

I raise my upper body up,off of the counter and turned to look at the flowers again. My eyes raked the flowers, to find the perfect bunch, but for whatever reason I couldn't decide. I wanted to get Violet a violet, to go after her name, but I decided against it. I found a bunch of small pink and yellow flowers, but they just didn't seem to scream out 'I love you'. Next my eyes landed on a bunch of snowdrops, my mother's flower she had at her funeral. I felt a numb feeling spread through my body. I wish it would hurt me, the pain of missing her, but I guess I've grown immune from that kind of pain.

"Ahjumma?" I called, turning to look at her again.

She flicked her eyes over at me and nodded.

"I can't decide what flower to get for the girl I love, can you help me?"

"Sure," She walked over to me, slowly. "The girl you love huh?"

She starts scanning the beautiful flower display. "Sehun, just so you know. You don't have to buy all beautiful things for a person you love, they should be just happy with you," She said, patting my head.

I let out a small chuckle, "We are happy, I just...just want to make sure that she gets everything she wants, and even more."

"You should be all she needs, that's what love is...needing each other as much as the other does."

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter