Chapter 35

Average Me

Kyungsoo pulled me to the area where there wasn't many people. He turned to look at me as I looked away immediately, trying to hide my face that was tear-stained. My eyes must be really red right now and I don't-

"Hyo Jin." Kyungsoo turned me around to face him as I stared at him without speaking.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't there earlier." he hugged me as my tears fell again after being in his warm emrace.

"W-why are you apologising?" I managed to speak, although my voice was shaking as I asked.

"I'm just really really sorry. Are you alright?" Kyungsoo looked at me with eyes full of concern while wiping my tears off.

I faked a smile, trying my best to assure him that "I was alright." I didn't want him to worry.

 

                                                             ________________________________________

[Yeon Joo's POV]

Hyo Jin is taking a long time and this seemed sort of unusual. She couldn't be staring at her locker for ten minutes, right? 

"Where's Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun, who was beside me, asked Jongin.

"I don't know. He said he needed to look for someone." Jongin shrugged as he laid his head on the table.

"10 minutes has passed. When is he coming back?" Suho asked as he looked at me suddenly, "Yeon Joo, where's Hyo Jin?" 

"She said she needed to go to her locker but she's taking so long." I sighed.

"That's weird." Chanyeol commented, "By the way, where's Luhan hyung?"

"I don't know. He went off without me." Sehun pouted and sighed.

"I think we should just look for them." Baekhyun stood up from his seat and announced to the group.

"Wait a minute..." I stood up and disposed my empty bag of sweets.

As I walked back, 3 female students suddenly stood in front of me and blocked my way back. I looked up to the girl just in front of me as she smirked at me.

"Lee Yeon Joo." she spoke slowly. I don't even know who is she. How does she even know my name?

"Who are you?" I asked calmly.

"That's not important. I just want to tell you that your best friend is in danger soon." the smirk on her lips grew more distinct and larger.

Best friend? Hyo Jin?

Before I could question any further, the 3 students just walked away, leaving me in a state of bewilderment. What's happening? I scratched my head in confusion as I glanced at those students strolling away as I continued to walk back to where Exo is.

"Let's go." Suho announced after I returned back.

 

"Where could they be? We have already-"

"Hold on!" Chanyeol interrupted Sehun and suddenly pushed the group of us behind a wall.

"What?!" Jongin grew annoyed at Chanyeol.

"Shh..quiet." Chanyeol placed his index finger on his lips and glanced at us.

"Why are we hiding?" I questioned softly, looking at Chanyeol who was looking at another direction.

"No. Wait. Look!" Baekhyun pointed at somewhere and I peeked.

My mouth was left ajar when I saw what Baekhyun was referring to. 

"Oh my gosh." Suho stated.

"Kyungsoo only hugs someone he likes. So could it be..." Everybody looked at Jongin with wide eyes as he stated.

 

                                                                                  ____________________________________________

 

[Your POV]

"You aren't." he frowned and I stared at him.

He figured it out and I guessed I wasn't good enough when it comes to assuring others. 

"I won't let her bully you again." Kyungsoo continued as he wiped off one of my tears that was flowing down my cheeks.

Bully. What if she harms me like what happened last time? Fear was just coming into my mind as the thought of it came along. I was getting afraid again.

"W..Will she harm me?" I blurted out softly and Kyungsoo stared at me.

"What did you say?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"Huh? Nothing!" I tried to force out a tiny smile and I bit my lip.

"Don't worry. Oppa, will protect you." he smiled lovingly and I couldn't help but reply with a grin.

 "Thank you." I attempted to force out a smile and Kyungsoo grinned back before giving me a peck on the lips.

Suddenly, I saw a group of people trying to hide behind a wall while peeking. I grew extremely suspicious and squinted my eyes to see who was that.

"Where are you looking at?" Kyungsoo asked me as I still continued to looked at the direction.

I walked towards the wall with Kyungsoo and was greeted by Exo and Yeon Joo. The six of them grinned at me like an idiot as I looked at them one by one. Wait...did they saw what happened?

"Hey hyung. We were just wondering where you were." Sehun stated while giving a smile.

"But anyway, erm...are you two..." Baekhyun gave a cheeky grin while his eyes darted from me to Kyungsoo.

I glanced at Kyungsoo as he pulled me nearer to him and nodded. 

"Oh my." Jongin covered his mouth with his hand as Yeon Joo stared at me with surprise.

"Then, we shouldn't be here. We will go now! Continue to have your time together." Suho teased and pulled the others to walk away with him.

"Just ignore them." Kyungsoo spoke to me while beaming and I grinned back but my mind was still full of thoughts on what happened earlier at the locker area.

 

                                                             ____________________________________________________

 

It was after school and Yeon Joo said she had to talk to Baekhyun for a while, hence I needed to wait for her. I sat on the bench and wasn't aware that Kyungsoo was behind me until I spotted him seconds later. 

"Hellooo." he greeted in the most adorable voice ever and sat beside me.

"I thought you ran off after school." I looked at him and stated.

"No. I have to wait for you, right?" Kyungsoo grinned from ear to ear and I smiled.

My smile faded off as I suddenly recalled the incident earlier. I guess I needed to tell him that I knew his relationship of him and Soo Mi.

"Oppa...you know earlier...she is Soo Mi. I know that and I know she is your ex." I cleared my throat and spoke while looking at the ground.

"You know that?" Kyungsoo sounded surprised.

"I actually saw you arguing with her...Remember the time when you wanted to buy a bottle of water for me?" I continued to look at the ground while I could sense Kyungsoo staring at me.

"Really?" he continued, "Hyo Jin-ah, I don't have any feelings for her. You are the only person I like." Kyungsoo smiled and I looked up.

"Really? You like me? Like?" I joked and emphasised.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I correct it: love, alright now?" he chuckled and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Oppa, I was just kidding. And..err..can you stop surprising me so much?" I looked away and commented. I was obviously lying, I love this surprising actions that he will give me. It just that I was too shy.

"Aish..you should be aware that I can kiss you anytime I want." Kyungsoo started to slowly move towards me as I moved back immediately.

"Oppa...we are in school. Others might see..." I pushed him and he giggled adorably.

"You realised something?" he asked out of a sudden.

"What is it?"

"You haven't gave me a peck on my cheek, yet." Kyungsoo pouted and I stared at him.

"Oh wait...I need to find Yeon Joo now..." I stood up, pretending that I didn't hear. I was too bashful to do so currently.

"Aish...don't pretend that you didn't hear me..." Kyungsoo stood up and placed his arm over my shoulder.

 

                                                     _____________________________________________________

 

3 weeks later...

Kyungsoo told me to meet him at the bus stop that was a 10-minute walk away. As Yeon Joo will be going to Chanyeol's house an hour later, she told me and Kyungsoo to go first. 

I headed out of my house and walked quickly towards the bus stop at a fast pace. As I continued to walk, I realised the pathway I was taking to was blocked as there was a construction going on. With absolutely no choice, I had to go to another path. A path that was pretty quiet, just like the last time. The sudden thought of me was staring to make me grow afraid. What might happened? 

I decided to adjust my pace to a slower speed as I repeatedly scanned around the area, hoping no one is stalking me. Luckily, it wasn't dark here, it was just that it's quiet. As I continued to walk, I saw someone familiar. And that's when I discovered, it was Kyungsoo and...