Chapter 22

Average Me

We were pretty much tired when we came back. After dinner, the boys walked around while Yeon Joo and I went shopping for a bit. We did not buy anything much because we did not want to use up a lot of the our own money we had currently. Talking about saving money, you know? Yeah. I'm really not a shopaholic to be honest but I spend more money on food somehow. Heheh. 

"Did you guys buy a drink or something? I'm really thirsty." Yeon Joo asked in an exhausted tone as she fanned herself. Well, I already expected a scene where Yeon Joo will be chasing Baekhyun because she got teased or something like that. Yeah, it happened. 

Baekhyun was actually drinking a bottle of mineral water as he looked at Yeon Joo. 

"No." he replied in a teasing manner and strolled to his room.

"Aish! This guy!" A almost fuming mad Yeon Joo took a nearby pillow and threw it at the male, making him almost choke on his water.

"Yah! Lee Yeon Joo!"

Yeon Joo ignored the guy and stormed off to our room. 

"Yeon Joo, please don't slam the door." I shouted but I guess she ignored it and did the opposite of what I instructed.

I sat on a nearby chair and placed my head on the table. I was feeling a tad bit tired but not fully. I reckoned the others were too as they chatted and walked back to their rooms. Everybody must be sleepy. With my head still on the table, I brought my arm up to take a look at the time. '7.30pm', my digital watch showed and we are all feeling lethargic. I was lazy to get my off the chair so I just decided to stay here instead of going to my room. I just took a deep breath and closed my eyes. A minute later, I opened my eyes slowly with my head still laying on top of the table. I realised everybody was still in their room. I sat up straight and leaned back on my chair. I heard footsteps coming in my direction but I was feeling slothful to turn behind to see who is it. Hence, I just continued to stay at my original position, waiting patiently for that person to walk in front of me and kind of reveal himself. 

Luhan sat on another chair near me and gave a smile before looking at the Rubik's cube that he was holding on to. 

"This is your millionth time playing with that." I commented, referring to the cube-shaped toy which I could never possibly solve.

 "Yeah. I know that. Maybe more than a million." Luhan look up to glance at me and went back to focusing on the puzzle afterwards.

"Luhan hyung!" I heard Sehun's voice and Luhan faced the direction where it came from.

"Yeah?" Luhan asked as he stood up, placing the cube on the table.

"I'll be right back." he told me and I nodded with a little smile plastered on.

As he walked off, I laid my head on the brown wooden table once again, staring at the Rubik's cube. My questions about Luhan were still neither answered by me nor anyone else. Oh. I just remembered that nobody else knew what I'm talking about except for me. Action speaks louder than words. His action always has a meaning behind to it. I just could not figure it out. 

Reminiscence of that particular day's event came back to me gradually as I slowly recalled it. I could remember every single tiny details and situations that happened. Well, something happened and if I proceed to try and recall it, I thought I might get a little dejected and that is obviously not the feelings that I want to carry with me throughout this whole holiday that I'm supposed to enjoy. 

To prevent myself from recollecting any further, I sat up straight and took Luhan's rubik's cube from the table. I thought I could just avert my thoughts away and just concentrate on the puzzle even though I knew I could never ever solve it. At least I will be thinking on how to solve it instead of that particular situation.

I don't have a skill in solving a Rubik's cube. Well, actually, I can't even solve a Rubik's cube and I was wondering what the hell I was doing. I thought I was just messing the whole thing up as I was twisting and turning it randomly, hoping I could magically solve it or something. Of course, I won't be able to anyway.

"Come on..." I muttered as I twisted and turned the toy repeatedly, thinking that something like a miracle could happen and I would suddenly manage to solve it. That's actually impossible but I was being perserverant, I guess.

Engrossed in solving the cube-shaped puzzle, I was not aware of my environment at all. I felt warm arms wrapped around my neck and I was a little shocked by that movement. 

"You forgot?" Luhan smiled and my fingers started to twist the cube at a much slower pace.

"For...Forgot what?" I kind of stammered, still startled by the fact that we are this close in terms of distance now.

"To not touch my Rubik's cube when I solved it half-way?" he continued and I finally understood.

I recalled the times when Luhan was solving his Rubik's cube and he always constantly reminded me not to touch it because he always says that he is close to finishing the puzzle. 

"B..But you never know that I could be helping you to finish it, right?" I laughed awkwardly and Luhan chuckled at my reaction. 

I thought my heart was beating fast right at that moment but surprisingly, it was not. 

I heard chatters from nearby, coming towards our direction. Both Luhan and I looked up simultaneously to see Kyungsoo and Jongin laughing as they sauntered. Kyungsoo and Jongin spotted Luhan and I as they were walking half-way. They stopped, eyes looking at me before to Luhan. Their laughter died down as expressions change immediately. 

"Err...did we disturb you two or something?" Jongin let out a cough and started awkwardly. 

I could see Kyungsoo just staring blankly at us with a neutral expression on but his eyes was telling me something. And I don't know what was on his mind.

I did not know what Jongin was talking about until Luhan unwrapped his arms around me. 

"What are you talking about?" Luhan chuckled and sat on the seat he was originally on earlier. 

Then, Kyungsoo and Jongin just walked off. My eyes were still following Kyungsoo surprisingly and I did not know why. I turned back to Luhan and he just continued to beam at me. 

"Well, I was just joking." Luhan said as he gently took the Rubik's cube from my hand. 

"Wow. What did you do?" Luhan questioned as he took a look at the entire puzzle.

I smiled sheepishly and let out a small giggle as Luhan shook his head slowly.

"Hyo Jin!" Yeon Joo called me from the room and I got up from the chair.

"What?" I shouted back and turned to Luhan, "Talk to you later." I grinned.

 

Yeon Joo was laying lazily on the bed using her phone with one hand.

"Yes?" I closed the door and asked. 

"Can you get me a drink?" Yeon Joo smiled cheekily and I rolled my eyes.

"Geez. Get it yourself." I replied and walked to the window to view the night scenery.

Yeon Joo has been telling me that the night scenery in Busan is really beautiful and I have to agree with her. It is indeed pretty and I could not deny it. I was really attracted by the night scenery. I suddenly thought of the incident earlier and just stared at the dark sky. 

More of these actions again. Same question. What does it really mean? I'm super confused. I can't figure a single thing out, not even the tiniest clue, maybe. But it was weird. Weird that my heart was not beating at an extremely fast rate earlier. Is this abnormal or what? I'm really unsure. I knew it was not as fast as compared to the time when I was with Kyungsoo. 

What does this really mean? My heart was not beating at a fast rate. It's bizarre, I guess. But wait a minute, does this signify that I don't like Luhan anymore? I think so? I don't have feelings for him anymore.

But still what do his actions really mean?