Chapter 27

Average Me

I don't know where the hell my legs are bringing me too. I didn't really care much about where I'm suppose to go to. All I want to do is just to get away from that guy. If I knew where this conversation will lead to, I would definitely not turn up. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat as I just ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Tears were just continuously flowing down and I could not control them. Why did he remind me of that episode again? Why am I crying again? Didn't I reminded myself countless times to not cry over the incident? Why can't I control my tears? 

Being someone who do not have a great stamina, I started to slow down in my speed. I don't really know where I am. It's just an area that's pretty silent and there wasn't anybody. I came to a gradual stop and leaned against a tree before sliding down. I wiped a falling tear and crouched down as I hugged my knees tightly. I took a second to look at the clear blue sky. It seemed so happy but here I am weeping. The weather wasn't matching with my mood. It's too sunny. 

A scene of the flashback struck me again and I immediately buried my face in my knees. I attempted to weep as softly as possible, not wanted to seek any attention. 

"Hyo Jin?" I heard a voice near me.

I quickly tried to stop crying. I knew that voice. It's Jongin. Sigh. Why is Exo everywhere? Have they been stalking? Or is it really a coincidence?

"What happened?" His voice gave off a hint that he was worried. 

I continued to have my head down, hiding my face completely. I wiped another falling tear and hugged my knees even tighter.

Jongin's phone started ringing but I still did not want to look up. I don't want him to look at my tear-stained face. 

"Hyung." he answered his phone call.

"She's here." I still did not look up. But who is he talking to and is he referring to me? 

"Really? Then, I guess you are nearby. Ah wait, I think I see you?" Jongin continued. I started to have a slight headache and I did not want to guess anymore.

"Jongin?" I heard footsteps then another familiar voice. I was still stationary at the same position and was reluctant to move even when I wanted to.

"Hyung, it seems like you need to speak to her. I will excuse myself." Jongin spoke.

I didn't really want to figure out who wants to talk to me. I just felt like crying and that's all I wanted to do. The sound of footsteps were growing a little louder and I knew the person was coming near me. 

"Hyo Jin." the way he called my name was a bit different.

I carried on to stare at the grass and I bit my lips, still unwilling to look up.

"Hyo Jin." he repeated again, voice was soft.

I finally tilted my head up and cleared any remaining tears as quick as possible. Kyungsoo bent down to my level. His eyes were filled with concern. He looked really worried.

"Are you okay?" he asked while looking straight to my eyes. 

I have no idea why his question got my tears welling up again when I was near to stopping it from falling. It could not be held back anymore. It felt like I was going to cry even harder soon.

I immediately turned away and replied, "I'm fine." I slightly touched my hair as I replied. My voice was cracking but I didn't really care. And yes, that's a lie. I'm not fine. Not at all. Not even a tad bit alright.

I quickly stood up just to get away from here. I did not want him to see me in such a state. But as I walked a few steps, Kyungsoo followed me and pulled me back gently. 

"You aren't. You are not telling the truth." he spoke and I looked at him with a blurry vision. A sign that the tears are about to fall soon.

"I'm really okay." I responded with a shaky voice as a tear escaped again.

"Stop pretending." Kyungsoo stated with a frown.

I was about to deny again but the flowing tears were preventing me from doing so.

 My throat got dry and I swallowed the lump that was formed. And that was it, I was officially shedding tears once again. I quickly lowered my head down as I covered my mouth. The flashbacks from the past just came back again. The situation where I was in great danger. I almost lost my life. As I thought more of it, I grew even afraid and I weeped harder. It might have been an unfortunate incident that happened long ago but it was forever etched in my mind. It never slipped off. 

I was getting scared by the minute even though there was nothing happening now. That incident was absolutely terrifying. It's totally horrifying. It's-

Out of a sudden, Kyungsoo suddenly pulled me nearer towards him, pulling me into a warm embrace. 

"Everything will be alright. Just cry your heart out." he comforted with his arms wrapped around me. I was a little shocked from his action and his embrace was actually slightly trigerring me to cry even more but I actually felt secure and safe as he hugged me. I kind of felt protected.

I was weeping for like half a minute and my tears were dripping on his shirt but Kyungsoo did not seem to mind it. I did not know why but still the incident was still constantly replaying in my mind non-stop. I was becoming frightened again.

"It's.....It's scary." I blurted out all of a sudden. 

"I nearly died." I stated fearfully in between sobs and Kyungsoo slightly pulled away from the hug to look at me.

"What are you talking about?" he questioned me while I avoided his gaze.

I could finally attempt to maintain composure after crying for such a long time. I didn't reply. I didn't felt like speaking. I didn't want to say anything specific relating on that matter. That...that incident was the main cause of my secret that only Yeon Joo knows. I don't want to talk about it.

Hearing silence for a couple of seconds, Kyungsoo sighed, "Never mind if you don't feel like saying it out...But I hope everything is okay now?"

I nodded and faked a tiny smile. I wasn't fully alright yet but I felt much better now. Kyungsoo reached out to wipe one tear off my face, making my heart  beat rapidly in an instant. I wasn't expecting that. 

"Don't cry already, alright?" he smiled a little and I nodded slowly.

"Thank you, oppa." I spoke and he grinned.

"Don't mention it." 

 

                                                                            _________________________________________________

 

"So you met Luhan?" Yeon Joo sat next to me on my bed.

Yeon Joo came to visit me after learning from Sehun on what happened. I bit my lips and hummed a 'yes'. Yeon Joo stared at me for a minute as I looked away.

"Okay. Let's not talk about it." she stated and I turned to her again. 

"But don't be upset already okay? As your best friend, I will help you to overcome your phobia okay?" Yeon Joo placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled radiantly.

I replied with another nod and made another tiny smile.

"Oh and do you know something?" Yeon Joo suddenly got excited immediately and I stared at her with a weird expression on. 

"What thing?" I asked as I continued to look at her.

"I think Kyungsoo likes you."