Chapter 14

Average Me

[ A/N (Please read this first!): Hello my lovely readers. I'm putting the author's note at the top because I have something to inform you about. I have been trying out my story in second person point of view (you,yours) from chapter 1 to chapter 13. Now, from this chapter onwards, I'm going to 'experiment' with first person point of view (I,me,we,us,etc.). For me, I find it challenging to express or describe in second person point of view. Hence, I will just write in first person point of view (Hyo Jin's point of view) from now onwards. I find it a little easier to describe this way. I hope you don't mind though... Please also note that I will be updating my story every Tuesday only from now on. I won't be updating on Thursday already since I'm just too busy with tests. This is the last update on Thursday. From next week onwards, new chapters will always be posted on Tuesday only. If you do like my story do subscribe, comment or even upvote. I really appreciate it!:D End of author's note. Enjoy Chapter 14!^^ ]

 

Rewinding back to the time at the park earlier on, I knew my heart was fluttering. I love his smile. Who doesn't?

I was waving to Kyungsoo with a really big smile.

Yeon Joo was in high-spirit when she saw Chanyeol nearby. She was not moving at all. I chuckled to see how shocked Yeon Joo was with wide open, but not fully opened. I guessed Baekhyun could not stand it anymore and pulled her over to where the others were.

 

"Hyung, the person you were missing earlier on!" I heard Sehun told Luhan.

I was a tad bit bewildered, I should say. What did he mean by missing me? I tried to guess about what he meant. Maybe missing as a friend? I think that should be the answer. I saw Kyungsoo put down his hand and looked down. Was there something wrong?

Luhan jogged towards me and asked me a question.

"Are you alright?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I questioned him. I did not know why he was asking such a question when I'm okay.

"Did you hit your head or something?" I could sense his voice filled with concern and care. Of course, he's the caring Luhan everybody knows.

I did not- Oh. I just realised that my right hand was still on my head, still massaging the small minor injury on my head earlier on. And yes, I did hit my head.

The gentle breeze came in, ruffling my hair a little. I saw leaves on the ground dancing away. From a far, I spotted a couple of flowers where its petals have an attractive colour on. I just fell in love with these flowers. I love nature so much. Not forgetting to mention how much I love this season, where flowers all start blooming. It's totally lovely. It even put a smile to my face. The pain on my head lessen and I begin to feel okay.

Back to what's happening now, I looked up at Luhan and put down my hand.

"I'm alright." I assured him. The breeze was still blowing, causing my hair to partly cover my face.

Luhan glanced around his surroundings before turning back to me. He then gave me his signature smile once again.

"I hope you are not lying.", Luhan commented as he suddenly tucked a strand of hair behind my left ear, "It's your favourite season."

I just stared at him for a few seconds before looking away to the flowers that greeted me earlier. I knew my heartbeat increased right at that moment but I knew he was just doing that as a friend...right? I don't even know if what I'm saying make sense. I felt that more thoughts were just entering my mind, making me further confused. It was just a small and simple action but it caused questions to come in: Why was he doing that? I mean I can do that by myself... His actions were just reminding me of our memories again. What did his actions mean? I thought I was overthinking as well.

I shyly looked back at the boy in front of me and as our eyes meet, I felt that I needed to look away again.

I was kind of in the midst of deep thinking at the same time. As far as I remember, Luhan only did these small gestures when we were dating. We are not together now...

I spotted Kyungsoo slightly frowning. According to my memory, I saw him with this same facial expression on throughout the entire time when I was with Luhan.

My mind was totally messed up.

After my heartbeat came back to normal, I finally managed to look back at Luhan with a small grin.

 

                              _______________________________________________________________________________

 

Exams, tests and quizzes are just so important to me. I needed to score well and get into a good college. As there's too much distraction at home, such as the television and laptop, I decided to just revise in the library. I once thought of going to Yeon Joo's house and study with her but in the end, I chose not to. Apparently, studying with Yeon Joo is equivalent to not even revising at all. Firstly, she does not like to study. Yeon Joo procrastinates. When the exams are around the corner, she will then rush to study. Secondly,Yeon Joo distracts me really easy. If I study with her, I will later find myself engaging in a conversation with her, that's obviously not related to studies. Hence, Yeon Joo is just a distraction. 

I don't want a distraction though. If Yeon Joo was willing to focus on her studies, I would not mind studying with her.

I told Yeon Joo that I was going to study at the library and she immediately bid farewell and rushed back. Sigh. She really does not like to study. But hey,last time, she was willing to study when it comes to competing for good grades with Baekhyun. In the end, somehow her 'hard work' did not really paid off, she got the same marks as Baekhyun in the test. 

I like to study in the library. It's quiet and I'm surrounded by books. The environment is also great for studying. I walked towards a table quite close to the window. One of my favourite seats in the library. The sunlight just shines in directly, making me feel warm. I looked out of the window, viewing the school garden that was just outside. I love the flowers and plants in my school garden. Like I said, it's beautiful. 

I pulled out the brown chair and sat down. The furniture could actually somehow camouflage with the surroundings. The table, chair and the floor were all brown. Only the walls were a different colour. I took out all the materials I needed to use for revision. Afterwards, I entered the world of Mathematics equations which is really crazy, to put simply.

After an hour of studying, I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket. Phones are also a distraction so I didn't bother to check my phone. A few minutes later, I could not focus on studying. My brain was just guessing about who texted me and what was their message. I should have off my phone before studying though. In addition, I felt a little bad for ignoring the person who messaged me. I could not take it anymore thus I fished out my phone from my right pocket.

I viewed the lockscreen, not expecting him to text me.

Kyungsoo: Hello:D Where are you?

Okay. You know when it comes to my crush, I can't control my feelings, emotions and thoughts. But recently, I was able to control somehow. And I feel bad for saying this, I would love to meet Kyungsoo but I could not be distracted from studying. Hence, I just thought about lying about my location, just in case if he's going to find me (which I doubt so, but just for 'precaution'). 

You: I'm at home :) Why?

I felt really guilty for bluffing though. Sigh...I'm sorry Kyungsoo, I need to study and I can't be distracted. I wonder why he actually texted me though. Was he bored?

There wasn't a reply after a few minutes so I decided to off my phone this time round to prevent myself from being further distracted. I hit the 'off phone' selection on the phone screen and placed my phone in the front pocket of my bagpack.

As I was about to flipped to the next page of my textbook, I could sense someone sitting at the opposite of me. Oh gosh. Is this the next person that is going to dis-

"I did not know the school library is your home."

I looked up to see Kyungsoo glancing around the library before looking at me.

Oh. So he found me here? 

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I was going to study too. Looking for a place and guessed who I found?"

"If you know where I am, why did you still bother to ask?" I asked again and Kyungsoo just chuckled.

"I wanted to see if Park Hyo Jin will tell the truth. But you didn't..." he pouted and I found it cute.

"I'm sorry.", I looked at my textbook and continued, "I did not want others to know I'm here studying. I'm afraid that they will come here, look for me and become sort of a distraction."

"I was just joking. And I'm not a distraction. I won't distract you. I need to study as well." Kyungsoo beamed and replied.

Oh no, Kyungsoo. You are going to distract me by sitting in front of me, keeping quiet and studying, while I stare and admire the charming you.

"Okay then. I will continue studying." I nodded and grinned. I'm going to try not to be distracted though.

For the first fifteen minutes, I really could not focus. My eyes were just darting from my textbook to Kyungsoo and this repeats continuously. After that, I tried to stop myself from being like this and get myself back into the world of Math. Surprisingly, later on I managed to focus on revising, which was totally amazing.

Hours passed and I stopped revising. I looked up and found Kyungsoo staring at me.

"Need a break?" He asked and I nodded with a small smile.