Chapter 23

Average Me

Time passed quickly when you are having fun. Yes, I am having fun and I have pushed every single thought that kind of bothers me away. It's another vacation day and I would have to admit that I really enjoyed it a lot. Just a great time to spend time with friends and relieve stress. Isn't it wonderful?

Morning, afternoon and now dusk is slowly falling. After a good meal that satisfied all our cravings, we went back. Unlike the day before, everybody wasn't lethargic.  We were all energetic and that was great. We were supposed to be active and lively when we are having a holiday, right?

I'm not exhausted overall. Only my legs were aching a little from walking all the long distances. I ignored the pain and sat on a wooden chair since the boys were busy occupying the space on the sofa, preventing Yeon Joo from sitting.

Yeon Joo sighed as she ruffled her own hair and glanced at the boys who were just sitting on the sofa, looking at Yeon Joo like little kids.

"Please." Yeon Joo said with no emotions as she closed her eyes.

"Sehun, you came here last. So you get up." Jongin instructed and Sehun shook his head.

"Hyung! It's Baekhyun hyung." Sehun pointed at Baekhyun who ignored them, pre-occupied by his phone.

"Who are you texting?" Chanyeol questioned with a smirk as he leaned against the wall.

"None of your business." Baekhyun answered as he continued to use his phone.

"Let me see who you are texting." Suho said as he snatched Baekhyun's phone.

"Yah! Hyung!" Baekhyun shouted as he stood up, chasing after Suho.

"You may sit now." Chanyeol told Yeon Joo as he chuckled.

"Haha. Thank you." Yeon Joo beamed as she glanced to look at Suho and Baekhyun zooming around.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! What are you two doing?" Luhan who just exited his room, questioned as he was almost hit by them.

We could not help but laugh at the sight of them chasing around and the fact that Baekhyun could not get back his phone as it was passed from person to person. Gosh. I feel mean for laughing the loudest. 

I noticed drinks in front of me. I recalled the boys buying a number of snacks and drinks from a store just a stone throw away. They thought that they would be hungry or thirsty so, resulting in the large amount of stuff strewn all over the brown table. They were quite a number of unopened drinks and a thirst quencher was what I exactly needed right at that moment. I extended my hand out to take a carbonated drink but it was grabbed from me. Now, who did that? How could you just snatch something from me? 

"Yah!" I shouted in a lower volume. 

Kyungsoo looked at me innocently as he began to open the can drink he took from me.

"That's mine." I told him calmly and he stared at me like nothing was wrong.

"Yeah. I know that." he answered, maintaining the same expression. 

"But you just snatched it from me?"

"Yeah." Kyungsoo still stared at me with wide eyes.

Wow. I really don't know what to say.

"But it's mine. I took it first." I continued as I heard fizzing sounds from the soda drink he was opening. " And I mean, you could get other drinks from the table. There are so many-"

"Here." Kyungsoo interuppted me as he handed me the can.

I blinked once and twice while receiving the drink, unable to apprehend the situation.

"But I thought you wanted it..." I said as I felt the water droplets on the surface of the drink slowing dropping on my fingers.

"I just helped you to open it." he answered, eyes looking at me as he leaned his head against the wall.

He is so kind.

"Oh...I did not know that. Thank you." I smiled sheepishly and Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Why are you so adorable?" he murmured, almost inaudible to my ears. I heard it and did not know how to react or what to do.

"What?" I ended up asking as I sipped the carbonated drink, feeling the coolness of the drink. 

"Nothing." Kyungsoo grinned and looked at me before turning away.

I turned to the direction he was staring at for a couple of seconds with his smile fading off within seconds. 

"Yah! Who did this?" he suddenly asked around, pointing to the mess on the table with the drinks and snacks all around the area.

"It wasn't as untidy as earlier on." Yeon Joo remarked, looking at the mess.

"Not me." Chanyeol and Jongin replied in unison, wearing on an innocent look.

"You?" Kyungsoo's eyes darting to Sehun who grinned cheekily.

"Hyung, I will clear it up later." Sehun convinced him.

"You better don't procrastinate your job." Kyungsoo instructed strictly as Sehun nodded continuously while eating chips.

I could not help but let out a soft chuckle for no apparent reason.

Kyungsoo, why are you so cute? I thought as I looked at him sighing.

 

                                  ______________________________________________________________________________

 

Suho and Baekhyun finally returned with their energy all used up for running around. 

"Woah! Did you have fun?" Chanyeol asked gleefully and earned a death glare from Baekhyun.

Currently, all of us were gathered together in one area, chewing on snacks and consuming drinks. I don't know why but it feels great to be with everybody here. I have been loving my holiday so far and I hope that my current mood will never change.

Luhan sat next to me as he hit Sehun playfully. 

"I told you that's my snack, why did you steal it away?" 

"Hyung, I have not eat it yet." Sehun answered and Luhan took it away from him.

"Do you want one?" Luhan turned to me and asked with a barbecue flavoured potato chip in his hand.

"No thanks." I denied politely as I took another sip of the soda drink I was holding on to.

"Hyung, why can you share it to her and not me?" Sehun pouted and Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

"Shall we play a game?" Suho suddenly suggested and everybody turned to look at him.

"What game?" Sehun asked.

"Maybe a fun one?" Suho continued.

"Like what? A pepero game?" Baekhyun stated and I almost choked on my drink upon hearing.

"What?!" Chanyeol's eyes widened, "Out of all things, you came up with that?"

"And who do you want to team with? Yeon Joo?" Jongin teased and Yeon Joo shot him a glare.

"Yah! Why me? And why drag me in?" Yeon Joo shouted in annoyance, throwing a pillow at Jongin who was errupting in laughter.

"Gosh. I was just kidding, right? Plus, who would want to team with her even?" Baekhyun spoke with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Let's think of something else." Suho stated and we brainstormed for a bit.

I don't know how long we took actually. I was just too lazy to think so my eyes just wandered around as I proceeded to drink my soda until there was half a can left.

I guess an idea finally managed to sprout in Chanyeol's mind because he snapped his fingers all of a sudden.

"How about 'Truth or Dare'?" Chanyeol suggested and the others immediately agreed.

I agreed as well since I was getting a little bored. I did not have any strong objections or anything else. I thought I should just be participative and join in as well since it was long time I played this game.

"Oh. Why did I not think of that earlier?" Jongin said to himself.

"That's a brilliant idea. And I can finally take revenge!" Sehun smirked as he looked at the others.

Suho placed an empty bottle on the brown table as we all moved to gather around it.

"Alright. Shall we start then?" Baekhyun asked with a smirk showing on his lips.

 


 

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! :D Sorry if this chapter is too packed with conversations. I found out recently that I find it hard for myself to connect a sentence to a sentence ( I don't know if you understand what I'm saying but yeah... I actually don't understand what I'm saying lol) I will definitely work on this area and improve on it:D Just to let you know, my exams are coming *cries* but yeah... Sigh. I can't update for a couple of weeks and I will miss you all:( But after my exams, I will update regularly again yay! ^^

I will tell you when I will not be updating as well as when I will start to update regularly again :)

So please do not unsubscribe D: I worked really hard on this fanfic... I think I will be able to update next week but if not, I will let you all know. Thank you for reading! Please do subscribe, comment or maybe upvote? I will see you all soon:D

P.S OMG! EXO COMEBACK!!! Have you all heard "Call Me Baby?" Omg I love it!!!!!! AND ALL THE PATHCODE TEASERS <333 THEY ARE ALL SO HANDSOME!!! HAVE YOU CHECK OUT THE MV??? OMG!!! okay I should stop fangirling and study hahahaha xD OH YEAH, AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR EXO NEXT DOOR!!! adasbdahfkbsdhfbd ok i should really go study now lol