Chapter 18

Average Me

The train jerked again and my whole body slightly moved forward. It woke me up immediately and I glanced around my surroundings. 

"Awake?" Luhan questioned and I nodded in response. Sigh...I really wanna reach home soon. There were still a number of stations. Can this train just increase its speed?

"I'm alighting at this stop." Luhan continued and I felt the train slowing down, reaching a station.

Seconds later, the train came to a complete stop and the doors opened. Luhan stood up and my eyes followed him.

"It's late. Go home safely." he stated and I nodded repeatedly with a small smile.

"Bye!" I waved to Luhan and he did the same before moving off.

My eyes followed Luhan until I could not see him from here anymore. I played with my phone cover and rubbed my eyes. I wasn't feeling as tired as earlier on. I took a little nap hence, I felt a little more awake compared to just now. I was getting bored as I stared at the train door opposite of me. I began to predict when the doors will close. Perhaps five seconds? I stared at the small details on my flats as I stifled a small yawn causing my eyes to turn a little watery. I then went into recalling everything before the concert. Luhan and I...Well, we broke up like months ago and whatever he just did was making my mind messed up. I really don't understand why he did that action. I mean, it's just really weird. I don't have any feelings for him anymore. But...wait a minute...does Luhan still like me? Before I could think further, a shout nearby woke me up from my reverie. 

Two guys who just ran into the train started bursting into laughter as they looked outside. 

"Slowpokes! You all are going to get caught by him soon!" One shouted as the other continued laughing.

The train door closed and I let a sigh out. It's late at night and there are people laughing and shouting so loudly. It's just really annoying. I tilted my head up to see who those irritating fellows were when one of them turned around, eyes meeting with mine.

"Look who I found here!" he smirked and I stared at the male.

"What were you two doing?" I asked in curiosity as Kyungsoo sat on the seat where Luhan sat on earlier while Jongin sat on the opposite.

Jongin chuckled and I started making all sorts of random guesses. 

When I thought of one, I gasped in horror and exclaimed, "D..Did you just went to rob a bank?!? And...And you were chased by th..the guards?!?"

Seriously? What the heck was I saying? If it's true, that's totally unbelievable though.

Kyungsoo laughed at my guess and continued, "Do we look like we just went to rob the bank?" When I heard that, I calmed down. Gosh, I really think too much.

"You could just steal Suho's wallet, to be honest." Jongin joked and Kyungsoo giggled once more.

"Then, what were you all doing?" I questioned again as I looked at Jongin then Kyungsoo.

"We went to Luhan's house without his permission. We were all at Baekhyun's house this morning and Luhan forgot to take his house keys when he was leaving for some event. Sehun then suggested to 'break in' to his house. " Jongin explained excitedly. 

"So who was chasing after you?" I asked straight away after he finished speaking. I am really such a curious person.

"Luhan. He saw us when he was on the way back home. After that, he found out Sehun took his keys." Kyungsoo answered. 

I just remembered Luhan alighting stations ago and I finally understood. Wow. I did not know that these people are so mischievous.

The train then approached at another station and the doors open again. I guess in my whole train ride, the only fascinating thing to me was the opening and closing of the train doors because it's the only thing I look at.

"See you in school!" Jongin stood up and spoke. I waved to him as he walked towards the train door. Jongin stopped when he was near Kyungsoo and he gave him a smirk.

"Hyung, the train is empty. There's no one and you-"

"Just shut the hell up and go home!" Kyungsoo kicked his leg and instructed Jongin before he quickly ran out.

"What did he just say?" I asked and Kyungsoo turned to me. 

Kyungsoo adjusted his bangs before speaking, "He...He was just fascinated that the train is empty. That's all." 

I surveyed the area and realised it's true. I did not notice this earlier.(I was too busy staring at the train doors.) Most probably all the other passengers alighted already. There is nobody around except for Kyungsoo and I...

Kyungsoo and I...

This time I'm with him, alone. Just with him. Somehow I felt my palms a little sweaty. How was I feeling now? Nervous? I just can't seem to find out how I'm feeling whenever I'm around this boy. Damn.

"Which station are you alighting at?" he questioned and I looked up to view the map just above the train doors.

"Two more stops and I'm alighting.", I answered before facing him, "You?"

"The station after yours actually but I will accompany you." Kyungsoo spoke with a radiant smile.

Accompany me? My eyes widened and I replied instantly, "I can go home by myself. It's alright."

Kyungsoo showed me the watch on his wrist and I looked at the time. Wow. It's really late at night. I'm not sure if my mum is going to chide me for coming back this late. I promised her I will come back by a specific time but oops. My phone ran out of battery and I was unsure if my mum tried to contact me. Hopefully, she isn't mad at me.

"Hyo Jin, it's really late as you can see. Therefore, I will bring you home safely."

I smiled at how nice he is. How caring he is.

 

                                          ________________________________________________________________________

 

I was already walking on the familiar path back home with Kyungsoo. It was a really chill and cooling at night. I love it a lot. 

"You look gorgeous." Kyungsoo commented with a lovely smile. I looked at him for a second and then turned away when I felt myself blushing the lightest shade of pink unexpectedly. I laughed nervously and shook my head.

"No!" I denied immediately with the stupidest smile I ever had on in my entire life.

"Don't deny." he stated with the sweetest smile ever that made my heart flutter. Oh my gosh.

I managed to cool myself down as the cold wind hit my skin repeatedly while I was moving against it. When I spotted my house nearby, I smiled widely. I'm finally near home. 

"My house is just right there. I will walk there by-" I said, pointing at my house but my words got interrupted.

"I said to bring you home safely. So it means all the way until you get into your house." Kyungsoo stated with a warm smile formed on his lips.

"I can just-"

"I will accompany you all the way."

I let out a sigh. This guy is really persistant. Okay, I totally give up. 

 

Really soon, I was in front of my house with Kyungsoo beside me.

"Are you going now?" I questioned and Kyungsoo shook his head.

"Until you get into your house." 

What? Okay then.

As I stepped forward, I heard the voice of my mum in the house. 

"This girl is going to get it from me." I heard from inside and I started to panick a bit. Damn. I'm going to get a scolding.

"Oh ." I facepalmed myself and turned to the male staring at me.

"It's late. You better go back soon." I grinned slightly and signal for him to go back but this guy wasn't obeying me.

"You get into your house first." he instructed again and I exhaled, pretty much more like sighing.

I walked forward and was about to open the door but instead, my mum, who looked fuming mad, opened it. When she spotted me in front of her, I was expecting strings of curses out from but I was incorrect. Her eyes directed to Kyungsoo instead of me. Oh, I almost forgot Kyungsoo was next to me. I smiled nervously at my mum as her eyes darted from me to Kyungsoo. 

"Who's this?" a smile spreaded across my mum's face and I looked at her weirdly. One moment, she's angry and now?

"My name is Do Kyungsoo, Hyo Jin's-" Kyungsoo bowed and greeted politely but words got cut off by my mum.

"Boyfriend?" my mum wildly guessed and my eyes widened in great shock. Out of all guesses, she could come out with that?

"Mum!" I whisper-shouted and she giggled. Kyungsoo looked at me before replying.

"Urm..I'm not her boyfriend. I'm her boy friend." Kyungsoo corrected and I stared at him with my mouth slightly opened, as if what he said was wrong. What he said was not wrong though. I just wished I could connect that two words, "boy friend",  he said together. Wait. What the hell was I thinking? Okay. Just ignore what I said. 

"Ahh...So you brought Hyo Jin back? Such a nice gentleman." My mum praised as I attempted to push my mum back into the house, looking at how awkward the situation has became somehow.

"Mum, just go back in! I will talk to you later." I whispered as I pushed my mum gently back in. 

I turned back to Kyungsoo and beamed, "So I entered my house already. It's late. You should really go now."

Kyungsoo hummed a yes and grinned as he turned.

"Oh and oppa!" I shouted not too loudly and he turned around upon hearing my voice again.

"Yeah?" he questioned and I flashed a bright smile.

"Thank you! Get home safely." 

"No problem and I will see you in school!" he waved to me with a contagious smile and I did the same.

 


 

A/N: HELLO MY LOVELY READERS!!! So here is chapter 18 yay! So I have to inform you all that I cannot update next week[24 Feb]:( It's test week and I have to study for 8 tests... Hopefully, I will score well hehe. Please do not unsubscribe:( I treasure every single subscriber that I have and when I lose one of you, I really get upset. So I will update the week after next [3 March] so hope you can bear with me for a bit:/ Hope you like this chapter. Subscribe, comment or even maybe upvote. I love all of you! And Happy Lunar New Year! I'm celebrating Chinese New Year and tomorrow is Chinese New Year Eve:D See you in chapter 19!^^