Chapter 33

Average Me

Very soon, we were just standing in front of the machine. I looked at what's inside and a little small squishy polar bear plushy caught my eye. Isn't that cute? In addition, it's my favourite animal so I'mma get that this instance.

"I want that." I stated excitedly while pointing at the plushy.

Kyungsoo looked at me and gave a smile while I proceeded to insert a coin in.

I placed my hand on the joystick and started to move it while my eyes followed the claw. When it was just above the item I wanted, I quickly pressed the button and watched the claw move down.

"Come on..." I spoke quickly with anticipation.

Instead, it didn't manage to get it. I frowned and kept pressing the button furiously for no apparent reason.

"You said you were good at it?" Kyungsoo joked and I faced him.

"Maybe my skills went rusty. I have not played this for a long time..." I remarked and Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Let me help you." he took a coin out and beamed, "That one right?" Kyungsoo pointed at the item I wanted.

I nodded and watched him play the game. His eyes were full of concentration as he looked and he looks really charming at side profile.

" So close..." he stated and pouted. I find it so cute when he pouts.

"Did you see that? I almost got it." Kyungsoo asked me as he stared at the machine. I mean just look at him. He even looks handsome with his neutral expression. Everything about him is-

"Hello?" Kyungsoo waved his hand in front of my face and I snapped back to reality.

"Huh? What?" I questioned with a blank face.

"Were you looking at me the whole time?" Kyungsoo asked as he giggled.

Oh. I just realised I have been looking and thinking about him for the past few minutes.

"What? What are you talking about?" I smiled shyly and he grinned.

"Okay. Never mind. By the way, it's your turn." he said as he moved to the side.

"I can do this." I whispered to myself and I heard Kyungsoo chuckling at me softly.

 

I don't how many games we played and how many coins we have used up. It has been 10 minutes and we haven't won anything yet. In addition, Baekhyun and Chanyeol haven't arrive back. But for now, I was just focusing on the game and as the number of times we needed to replay increases, the more frustrating it gets. I mean, you can relate to this, right?

"Aish! Stupid thing won't you just grab the plushy?" Kyungsoo started to kick the machine.

"What...what are you doing? You might get scolded if you destroy the machine." I told him nervously and Kyungsoo stopped.

"Don't worry. I won't destroy it." he gave a childish grin and ruffled my hair.

"Let me try again." he looked at the machine and placed in another coin.

I stared at him and touched my own hair, slightly blushing as I secretly smiled a little.

"Damn it!" The next moment, I saw Kyungsoo starting to grow irritated again as he banged his hand on the glass panel.

"Oppa...what are you doing again???" I questioned a bit shocked.

"Ouch. My head hurts." he frowned and touched his head.

"What?! Where? Where?" I asked with full of concern. Now I was feeling guilty for getting him to help me with the game.

Kyungsoo tilted his head up to look at me and his frown turned into a playful grin.

"I was just joking." he laughed and my worried expression changed immediately.

"But this game is hard." he turned back to the machine with an annoyed and frustrated look. Even he looks adorable when he is angry. He just look so good everytime.

I was pretty sure the entire time of playing this game was just me spending time, staring at my crush.

"Oh oh!" he suddenly exclaimed and I finally turned to look at the game he was playing in progress.

The claw grabbed on the plushy and my eyes widened. It really grabbed! This is unbelievable. It dropped the item into the box and I realised Kyungsoo managed to win it.

"For you." he said picking it up and passing it to me with a bright smile.

"OMG! Thank you!" I took the polar bear plushy from his hand and hugged it.

"It's so squishy and adorable." I commented while beaming away.

"You probably used up a lot of coins, all because of me." I smiled sheepishly and looked at Kyungsoo.

"Not really but I'm willing to..." Kyungsoo smiled and stared at me.

"Why?" I questioned curiously.

"Because it's you." he smiled radiantly and I stared at him with a confused look.

He smiled and suddenly made a step closer to me. I became a little shocked and looked at him again.

The next second, Kyungsoo was moving near me. I blinked continuously, wanting to move back but my body was too shocked to do so. When every small space that was initially between us was closed up slowly, my heart began palpitating at a rapid pace. This was like the same situation at the library. So I was wondering if there's like an eraser dust or something on my face again.

As he moved again, I discovered the distanced between our faces was only a few centimetres apart. I gulped and maintained eye contact surprisingly. I was sure if these kind of moments that made my heart race happened, I would have looked away for a really long time but instead I was now locking eyes with the male.

I was really sure he could hear the sound of my heartbeat thumping so loudly as we were even closer than any other times. His facial features was just so clear now. His brown orbs, his nose and his plump lips were completely distinct. Kyungsoo is just totally handsome. No wait...he's more than handsome.

I was kind of frozen somehow, not knowing what to do as I hugged my polar bear plushy. I didn't know how I react as the butterflies started to flutter around my stomach vigorously.

And in a second time, Kyungsoo leaned forward and he pressed his lips on mine. This was totally unexpected. My heart started to beat at the speed of light as I hugged my plushy even tighter to my chest. I closed my eyes and felt his soft lips against mine.

It felt like time slowed down as this happened. I was feeling surprised and shocked at the same time. My cheeks were starting to feel warm. My mind was so blank and I'm uncertain on what I was supposed to do even.

Kyungsoo pulled away to look at me as I opened my eyes. The kiss was sweet and gentle. He had a warm smile on as I still continued to stare at his eyes.

"Hyo Jin...I like you." he confessed and my eyes widened. I think I'm dreaming.

"You...like me?" I blurted out nervously, still not really composed yet.

My lips curved into a smile without myself knowing at first when I saw him nod.

"Oppa...I like you too..." I smiled shyly and he placed a strand of hair behind my ear.

I don't think I'm dreaming. This is real.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Kyungsoo asked with a radiant smile and my lips turned into a wide grin.

He was being so straightforward and I paused to stare at him. Is he joking? I blinked a couple of times and Kyungsoo looked at me silently. He was staring so deeply and he looked really sincere. 

"Yah...you think I'm kidding?" he suddenly broke the silence and giggled.

It's still a little creepy that he could kind of read my mind.

"W-what?" I stammered for no reason and he laughed.

"I'm not. I'm being serious." he smiled sincerly, "So?"

I finally nodded repeatedly and he replied with an adorable grin.

It still felt like I was dreaming. Kyungsoo confessing to me? Oh my gosh.

"So I'm your crush?" he asked grinning while I looked away and felt my cheeks turning pink again.

"Yah...Why are you looking at another direction?" Kyungsoo placed his hands on my shoulder and turned me around to face him.

"You're blushing again." he chuckled while I quickly covered my cheeks.

"You know we should call Baekhyun and Chanyeol." he laughed at me trying to avoid the topic.

"Aish...Really?" he mumbled while taking out his phone.

Kyungsoo took out his phone and viewed it while I was still recalling of the scene earlier and trying to stop myself from blushing. I don't think I will ever forget it. I smiled a little while looking at Kyungsoo.

"These hyungs said they left already." Kyungsoo told me in a monotone.

What? They just left us? I glanced at my watch and I realised it was going to be evening time.

"I think we should go as well." I stated as we walked out of the entrance of the mall.

That's when I realised it's raining and worse, I did not bring my umbrella.

 


 

A/N: Hello to my lovely subscribers and readers! :D So here is chapter 33 and now they are finally together asdafdblhfdsbvds *celebrates*xD  Okay so firstly, I don't think I wrote this well and I find my writing a little crappy here. As well as the english errors...I didn't have time to check, I apologise for that. Secondly, I'm sorry if I'm rushing the story :( Lastly, sorry if the flow of sentences and the content is a bit 'awkward'. I didn't have much inspiration nowadays *cries* I'm so so so sorry. *bows* :( But anyways, thank you for reading! Subscribe, comment or maybe upvote? See you soon! :D