Chapter 13

Average Me

After the dramatic incident that happened, everything went back to normal. 

Thanks to Yeon Joo, you realised your true feelings. 

But using a prank to do this was not a really pleasant idea. It was totally the worse idea.

Past is past. So moving on...

 

Looking at the boy next to you, you just discovered that he did not change at all.

Luhan lost a little bit of weight though. 

Staring at his brown eyes, you could recall the times you both spent together.

Memories from the first day you met him to now. 

You thought about the bad times, especially the break-up.  You managed to get over it within...you lost count but you knew it took you a long time.

Why did he transfer back here? You questioned your mind while you just continue to stare at him.

Luhan was sweeping his bangs to the side when he most probably sensed your gaze on him.

You quickly looked away and pretended that you were diligently penning down notes.

"Stop staring at me." Luhan started.

"I wasn't staring." you locked your eyes on the board and continued.

"Don't deny." Luhan chuckled and you turned to him.

Curiousity kills the cat. You had a question in mind and you needed to ask this instance.

"Why did you transfer back here?" 

Luhan gave you his angelic smile and commented, "Why? You're not happy?"

What? You did not expect that he would say that. You were definitely not unhappy though.

"I didn't say that I'm unhappy." you quickly answered and Luhan giggled.

"I came back because I wanted to see you."

W-what? See me? You gave Luhan a confused expression.

What does he mean?

You pointed to Sehun at the back and asked, "How about them?"

"EXO as well." Luhan replied with a smile.

Oh. So he means that he wants to see us because we are...his friends right? Nothing wrong.

You nodded with a grin but still a little confused.

 

After walking home with Yeon Joo, you decided to not be an industrious person today. Not going to revise or do any work. 

"Today, Hyo Jin is just too lazy." you remarked and felt the material of your blanket which is made out of fabric. It was just too soft and you loved it.

You found out that you were really idling and was not doing anything other than just lying on the comfortable bed you were on.

You were feeling sleepy and was unwilling to do anything. You sat up straight and sighed.

Five minutes just passed. You obviously knew that as you were blankly staring at the wall clock throughout the entire time, just looking at the hands on the clock moving slowly.

Just when you were about to feel bored, the doorbell rang and you started to groan. 

"AHHHHHH! WHO IS IT?" you slumped back on your bed and rested your head on the pillow.

"YAH! OPEN THE DOOR! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A MINUTE!" you heard the voice from outside and you ignored it.

"Give me five more minutes to rest!" you shouted out and closed your eyes.

"Yah! How long are you going to make me wait?" Yeon Joo shouted back in displeasure.

"Open the door yourself!"

"Do you think I have your house keys?"

"Go back home then!"

"Yah! I'm bored so I came over!"

"I'm sleepy and I want to take a nap. Stop disturbing me and go away!"

"PARK HYO JIN!" 

You could not stand Yeon Joo's voice and you did not want to bicker with her as well. To add on, the both of you might get chided by the other neighbours for being such a nuisance.

You lazily dragged yourself out of your bed and went to open the door.

"What an irritating person." you mumbled as you walked back to your room.

"Why did you come to interrupt my sleep?" you sat on your bed as Yeon Joo sat on the chair near your study desk.

"I have nothing to do so I voluntarily came here to entertain you." Yeon Joo gave you a grin and you rolled your eyes.

"I don't need your entertainment or whatever. You may go off now. I'm tired." you gestured with your hands, asking her to go off.

"I'm your guest! How could you just chase me away?" Yeon Joo pouted and folded her arms.

"Aish. Okay fine. Stay then. Plus, out of a sudden, I feel more awake now." you grinned and stretched your arms.

"How I wish I could be in the same class as you. There's Chanyeol. Oh my gosh!" Yeon Joo's fangirl mode was activated again.

So this person only just want to be in the same class as Chanyeol?

"Yah! How about me?" you glared at Yeon Joo who flashed you a radiant smile upon hearing what you said.

"Of course I would want to be in the same class as you!" Yeon Joo replied, beaming.

 

                                         ____________________________________________________________________

 

The seven of the EXO members were at a restaurant as they were delighted that Luhan is back.

"Yes! Suho hyung is treating us!" An estatic Baekhyun announced once again.

"No! I treated you guys the last time! I'm running out of cash because you spent all my precious money!" Suho responded and shook his head.

"Oh! It's the maknae's turn to treat us!" Chanyeol pointed at Sehun who was shaking his head vigorously, denying that it's not his turn.

"It's not me! It's....It's Jongin hyung turn!" 

"I just treated you all yesterday. It's you! Stop being such an !" Kai retorted back.

"You just called me an ? Hyung! He called me an !" Sehun complained in a childish manner.

"Oh my gosh. Stop acting like a kid. You did not even change at all." Luhan teased and crossed his arms.

"Aish. But...but it's not me! It's Kyungsoo hyung turn!"

"Yah! You have not even treat us once! It's not me!" Kyungsoo responded, annoyed.

"I guess since the youngest does not want to pay, I will pay then." Luhan beamed and spoke.

"Yes!" Sehun pumped his fist in the air in victory as Baekhyun pushed him lightly, feeling irritated.

 

After ordering, the six other boys turned to face the boy who just transferred back.

Why are they all looking at me like that? Luhan glanced at the others and waited for at least one of them to speak.

But none of them were speaking, they were just staring.

"The others aren't coming?" Luhan started off to break the awkward silence.

"Xiumin hyung said that they all have a practice to attend." Chanyeol replied.

Still staring...

"Gosh! Guys, why are you looking at me like that?" Luhan questioned as he couldd not stand it any longer.

"Hyung! Why did you not tell us in advance that you are coming back?" Sehun pouted and asked.

"This is known as a surprise!" Luhan answered with a bright smile.

"Why did you suddenly plan to come back?" Suho questioned.

"It's because he missed us, obviously! He wanted to see us! Am I right?" Baekhyun guessed and Luhan nodded.

"I wanted to see Hyo Jin as well. Honestly, I missed her." Luhan continued as he looked at the glass of tepid water in front of him.

Kyungsoo who was drinking his glass of water half-way suddenly choked upon hearing what Luhan said. 

Missed her? Kyungsoo coughed and Jongin stared at him.

"Woah. Bro, you alright?" Jongin asked as he looked at his good friend whom was looking a little unwell.

"I'm fine." Kyungsoo nodded and assured him but mind still filled with questioned relating on what Luhan said earlier on.

 

                                           ___________________________________________________________________

 

You and Yeon Joo decided to go out and walk around as the both of you became bored.

To add on, you had been staying indoors all the time, thus it's time to go outdoor.

 

It was neither too hot nor too freezing. It was just a really cool day.

You felt the cool breeze swept pass you, fresh air rejuvenating your lungs. 

You could not deny that the flowers are pretty. The flowers are not just pretty, its beyond beautiful.

It was great to be outside though, taking a stroll with Yeon Joo, you felt really contented.

 

Yeon Joo and you were chatting on random topics.

The both of you were too engrossed in your conversation that you did not realise that there was a big leaf on the tree branch just ahead of you.

"Watch out!" Yeon Joo warned you.

You had a slow reaction and did not understand what Yeon Joo was talking about.

When you turned your head, the leaves of the tree hit your head. It wasn't really painful though.You just felt a small hit on your head.

Yeon Joo could not help but burst into laughter. You had to agree it was actually a little hilarious. 

"The advantage of being short." Yeon Joo teased as she walked across without even slightly bending, making a 'peace' sign with her fingers.

"You just admitted that you are short." You joked and massaged the area where you accidentally injured at the same time.

Yeon Joo just shook her head and you chuckled. 

 

The both of you were about to continue walking when a group of familiar students approached in your direction.

"Oh! Look who's there!" Suho pointed at your direction.

You spotted the seven boys not far away from you.

"Hello, Hyo Jin!" Kyungsoo waved at you with his same cheerful smile.

You waved back with a wide smile. His smile was already making your heart flutter. It's crazy.