Chapter 34

Average Me

The rain was getting heavier as the minute pass. The raindrops that were falling lightly earlier were now turning into showers. I just stared at the dark sky as it poured and frowned. I never learnt my lesson ever since the incident when I forgot to bring my umbrella.

"You didn't bring your umbrella again, right?" Kyungsoo asked me while he was taking his umbrella out.

I nodded and smiled sheepishly at him.

"It's alright." he grinned and pulled me to him. I got a slight shock as I opened my eyes wider.

"We can share it." he continued with a bright smile.

 

Isn't this like a scene from an earlier episode? Just that it was a little different now as we are just so literally close to one another. Kyungsoo has his arm around my shoulder and I could feel the warmth from him. I felt so comfortable that I wasn't even shivering from the coldness around. I tilted my head up to steal a glance at him but realising he was staring at me the entire time, I quickly looked away.

"Erm..Can you stop staring at me?" I questioned for no apparent reason. I secretly didn't want him to stop though but my mouth always move before my brain functions.

Kyungsoo chuckled before replying. "No." he simply replied and my eyes wandered to the side of the umbrella. Surprisingly, although the rain was heavy, I wasn't even hit by a single raindrop at all. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but I wasn't really exposed to the rain. I looked forward and discovered we were about to reach the bus stop. 

"There's the bus stop." I pointed to the bus stop in front and Kyungsoo nodded.

As we walked into the shelter, Kyungsoo closed the umbrella and smiled at me. That's when I realised that he was kind of drenched with the rainwater. 

"Yah! Did you even cover yourself with the umbrella?" I asked with shocked as he touched his slightly wet hair.

"Did you get fully sheltered from the rain?" Kyungsoo asked me instead and I finally understood why I was so dry even when it's pouring heavily.

"Oppa...you really didn't have to do that..." I frowned and he looked back at me.

"I'm fine, really." he smiled and ruffled my hair.

The bus suddenly drove over and gradually stop. Kyungsoo looked up and pulled me out of a sudden.

"Let's go." he gave out a contagious smile and I couldn't help but reply back with one.

 

I was still feeling sort of erm, guilty? Must he really do that? Was it necessary?

"Why did you do that?" I asked him as we sat down.

Slowly, I was beginning to nag out of concern while Kyungsoo was just staring at me.

"What if you catch a cold?"

"You might fall sick, you know?"

"You really didn't have to do-"

Kyungsoo cut me off by kissing my lips again and my eyes grew big. He was basically shutting me up.

"You are being too concerned." he smiled lovingly as he pulled me closer to him again.

I really loved such moments and wished they could last for an eternity. Moments that just make your heart beating fast when you are with someone you like.

"Yeah...I am...What if you-"

"Do you want me to kiss you again?" he grinned playfully and I shut myself up immediately while looking at the front.

"Really? You are keeping quiet now?" he giggled. He probably found a method to get me silent. I just get really shy when someone I like kisses me but I still love it at the same time.

I looked at him and laughed softly. I leaned on Kyungsoo's shoulder and closed my eyes. Eyelids were feeling heavy and it showed a sign that I was feeling tired.

"I'm feeling sleepy." I spoke softly and listened to the sound of the rain hitting the windows of the bus.

"Then, take a nap." I could sense him smiling.

 

After like a 15 mins bus ride, Kyungsoo woke me up and we alighted off the bus. I looked up to see the sky and found it clear right now with no more signs of rain.

I glanced at Kyungsoo who was staring at me the entire time as we strolled. Kyungsoo was sending me home just like the last time. Now thinking about it, wasn't all these a replay of the past scenes? Scenes which were my favourite?

As we walked on the pathway, our hands were brushing against each other. I looked at my hand and the next moment, Kyungsoo held my hand and our fingers interlocked. He smiled radiantly at me and I looked away while beaming for a second.

"I'm just curious but," Kyungsoo started and I turned to look at him, "When did you start liking me?"

"Erm well...On the day, we first went to the mall together." I spoke honestly, "Or maybe earlier than that." I grinned like an idiot and Kyungsoo chuckled.

"How about you?" I casually questioned.

"Since I first met you." he smiled.

"Hey..." I nudged him lightly while blushing, "You're lying."

Kyungsoo just laughed as we continue to stroll to my house. I still couldn't imagine that I'm with Kyungsoo right now, hand in hand. It still felt like I was in a dream but it's not. It's reality. It's basically unbelievable.

Just in a few steps, I reached the front door of my house. I slightly frowned as I felt I didn't spend enough time with Kyungsoo. I didn't feel like going back home yet but since I'm just in front of my house. I guess I needed to go home. 

"Oppa, you should go home already." I turned in front of him and simple stated.

"Not until you get into your house. Like I said before." he grinned at me and I chuckled at his order.

"Okay fine." I smiled as I let go of his hand and opened the front door as he followed me from behind.

I finally opened the door and looked at Kyungsoo as he suddenly gave me a peck on the cheek. I looked away shyly as he gave me a small grin.

"Thank you for sending me home again. See you tomorrow, oppa." I bid farewell to him as I stepped into my house.

"Bye. Love you." he let out a wide grin and I giggled.

"Me too."

 

                                                     __________________________________________________

 

Another school day. Boring day. Boring lessons. But after yesterday, I guess everyday will be a great day. Seeing Kyungsoo was already enough to brighten up my day. 

"Looking so happy today, Hyo Jin?" Suho teased me as I sat down next to him.

"Hehe. Yeah..." I giggled as I slightly looked at Kyungsoo who was looking at me with a handsome smile.

"How was yesterday?" Baekhyun walked over and casually questioned, and definitely with a smirk plastered on as always.

"W..what?" I questioned with big eyes. Don't tell me they say everything??? That would be just...i don't know! But are they stalking?

"I mean like...actually we purposely left you two there." Chanyeol declared and my eyes widened.

"You didn't realise that?" Sehun asked me as he suddenly walked over. I realised they were gathering around me but what for?

"No..." I spoke softly.

"Oh come on. How could Baekhyun even eat another cup of ice cream after he just ate a big tub at the parlour?" Suho chuckled.

"Did anything happened?" Jongin joined in and my eyes darted at every one of them slowly.

"W..why are you asking me?" I questioned while taking a deep breath.

"Well, because Kyungsoo was ignoring us just now. He said we were being annoying." Sehun commented while stealing a glance at Kyungsoo.

"So?" Baekhyun asked again with a look that he was anticipating an amazing answer.

"Err..." I was too shy to talk about anything and these guys want me to describe anything that happened? I quickly looked at the front of the classroom and heaved a sigh of relief when the teacher came walking in.

"Teacher is here!" I shouted at the group of them while pointing at the front of the classroom with a smile full of relief.

"Aish..." The 5 of them said in unison as they went back to their seats.

 

Time flies fast. Recess time was here and the whole school was dashing to the cafeteria at lightning speed. Instead, I was walking at a slow pace with Yeon Joo. I suddenly realised I forgot something and I quickly stopped Yeon Joo.

" I need to go to my locker for while. Why don't you go to the cafeteria first?" I spoke and she nodded.

As I closed my locker after checking that a couple of my belongings are inside, I began to walk back to the cafeteria but once again, someone tripped me with their damn leg again. And due to bad luck, this time I fell right on the floor.

Soo Mi started to chortle loudly after seeing me on the ground.

"Not again..." Soo Mi looked at me while faking a sad look followed by a sarcastic tone.

The situation attracted a crowd of people's attention as they stopped in their tracks to look at what's happening. Some of them, probably Soo Mi's friends or supporters, started to join in the laughter as they pointed at me.

I turned back to her while holding back tears. Wait...what's wrong with me? Why am I crying?

"Hyo Jin, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice and I looked up to see Luhan staring at me with concern.

"Yah..oppa. Why are you helping her even?" Soo Mi folded her arms and stared at Luhan.

"Luhan...I'm alright." I assured but my voice wasn't convincing enough. I tried to get up by myself but my legs were too weak as I fell down again.

"WHAT HAS SHE EVER DONE TO YOU? WHY ARE YOU TREATING HER LIKE THIS?" Luhan shouted at Soo Mi as he glared at her. Soo Mi slightly flinched at Luhan's glare as she took a step back.

"Hyo Jin!" I heard another voice and I didn't look up this time as I didn't want to reveal my tear-stained first. But I knew the voice belonged to Kyungsoo.

"What happened?" he asked Luhan as Kyungsoo made me lean on his shoulder.

Luhan was about to speak when Soo Mi yelled back.

"WHAT IS HER RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS WITH HER?" Soo Mi yelled crazily at Kyungsoo while pointing at me. I buried my face in Kyungsoo's chest, trying to hide my face from everybody that was present at the scene.

Kyungsoo tried to get me to stand up again as he held my hand while supporting me. Kyungsoo just kept silent even though Soo Mi was questioning him insanely.

"WILL YOU TELL ME?" Soo Mi shouted again as Kyungsoo finally turned to her.

"She's my girlfriend." Kyungsoo replied her straight away and my eyes widened while looking at him. He was announcing it in front of everybody and this didn't seem right at all when I earned glares from a few students.

"W...what?" Soo Mi gasped as she covered with the crowd doing similar actions.

"Kyungsoo...really?" I heard Luhan questioned with voice hinting he was shocked.

"Let's get out of here." Kyungsoo pulled me away from the crowded area.

 


 

A/N: Hey there! So sorry for the late update:( I'm currently busy as I have lots of homework to finish up as well as dealing with my procrastination. But here, I present to you a longer chapter! I'm so sorry if my writing have been getting terrible. I'm not feeling well as in my emotional state but I will surely get myself to recover soon so err...don't worry? ._. But writing this chapter made me feel a little happier so yay?(just for the first part...not the second half of the story :/ ) Hope you like the chapter! If you haven't, it would be great to just go to the foreword page of the story and click the "subscribe" button so you can get notifications when the story is updated! I would really appreciate it if you subscribed! It puts a smile on my face. Do comment or maybe upvote if you want to. Hehe see you in the next chapter<3