Chapter 11

Average Me

Oh my. Weeks passed and it's that class changing process again. These teachers really had nothing better to do. Changing classes is just so troublesome. What is seriously the point of changing? You hoped that one day, they will explain to you.

Alright, forget about complaining. It's not going to help anyway.

"Okay. First day of school in a new term, here we go! " You cheered to yourself as you headed out of your house.

You were neither feeling energetic nor tired. It's just another school day. Nothing new. Just a new term. 

Sigh. Boring lessons again.

You were just feeling neutral. Nothing much exciting about this though. 

Not excited for lessons. Not excited that you will be learning something new. Not excited to meet the teacher. Not excited to be able to eat canteen food again. Not excited for meeting new friends...

New friends... It reminded you that Yeon Joo will not be in the same class as you. You really wanted to be in the same class as your best friend, right? 

And guess what? Now the whole of EXO is in the same class as you, including Chanyeol and Kai. If you were a fan, you will be fangirling right now. But you are not the type that will fangirl over boys or whatever. You are just really...composed.

You are pretty sure Yeon Joo will want to be in the same class as you. Why? There's Chanyeol. She likes Chanyeol.

Speaking of Yeon Joo, where's Yeon Joo? 

You took out your phone and received a messaged.

Yeon Joo: I'm already in school. You have to come to school by yourself. Sorry about that:(

Why is she so early?  Why didn't she inform me earlier?

You exhaled more like sighing and made your way to the bus stop ahead of you.

 

Class 10. Still the same class. You took a deep breath and walked in.

There were not many people here.

But guess who is here? EXO and...

"Yeon Joo?" You exclaimed, your mouth wide open.

Did the teacher make a mistake in the list again? 

She is sitting next to Kyungsoo and was waving at you with a smile plastered on her face.

Out of all places, why is she sitting with Kyungsoo?

The classroom was pretty much empty. So many seats. Why that particular one?

Sitting at the last row is Baekhyun and this tall guy, assuming he is Chanyeol since Baekhyun said he is his best friend.

In front of them was Suho and Sehun, they were playing around. A bunch of noisy kids.

In front of them, two empty seats.

Then in front was Kyungsoo and Yeon Joo.

You strolled and walked towards the seat just behind the two.

"What are you doing here?" You asked while you placed your back on the floor.

"Don't be mistaken. I'm from class 9. I just came to visit Kyungsoo." Yeon Joo beamed and faced you.

Visit Kyungsoo? What does she mean?

You cleared your throat and stared at the two.

"We are dating." Kyungsoo smiled at Yeon Joo and to you.

We are dating?

No. I must have heard it wrongly.

"Yo...you...two...are.....da....dating?" You stammered, hoping that you heard wrongly.

"We are dating." Yeon Joo repeated, giving you a wide smile.

You did not believe what you just heard. This can't be happening. Maybe this is a nightmare. You must be still sleeping. This must be a nightmare...

You pinched your skin and gulped. 

Please. I need to wake up from this nightmare. 

You closed your eyes and opened. 

No...This...is...not...

You were not in your bed sleeping. You were in the classroom in front of Kyungsoo and Yeon Joo.

Yeon Joo stood up from her seat and your eyes followed her.

"I'm going, oppa." 

Oppa?

Hearing what Yeon Joo said was making you feel even worse.

"I will see you later." Kyungsoo smiled broadly and waved.

"Bye Hyo Jin!" Yeon Joo cheerfully spoke.

"Bye..." you whispered and you look down on your table.

Kyungsoo stared at you and was about to speak when someone tapped his shoulder.

"Hello!" the boy greeted. You did not even look to see who is it. You already knew it's Kai. Or actually you guessed it's Kai.

He sat on Kyungsoo's left and moved in his chair.

Then, he and Kyungsoo were engaged in a conversation.

Great. Kyungsoo, don't talk to me.

You did not feel like talking to anybody. You were already hurt. Extremely hurt. It felt like your heart was stabbed with knives.

Just then, someone entered the classroom. You tilted your head up to see who was it.

A familiar figure. You know this person. Who is it? You tried to recall. It's...

"Luhan?" You spoke, feeling a little shocked at the same time.

Kyungsoo heard your voice and turned around.

"You know him?"

"Of course she knows him!" Kai rolled his eyes, "They are good friends!"

They know him as well?

"Not only that..." You looked at Kai and Kyungsoo.

The two gave you a confused expression. They must be thinking that you and Luhan were only good friends.

You cleared your throat again before speaking. Was it right to say this?

"He's my ex-boyfriend." You closed your eyes and continued.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he bit his lower lip. He did not seem alright.

"What did I just hear?" Sehun at the back questioned, not able to believe.

Did I speak too loud?  I should not have said this.

"Hi. Hyo Jin." You heard Luhan's angelic voice and you turned to your left.

You already forgotten about him. Now he's back. Wasn't he studying overseas?

"Can I sit next to you?" Luhan asked with a smile formed on his lips.

It was the smile that you missed a lot. You have not seen it for years.

You discovered a empty seat beside you and you slightly smiled.

"Sure..."

Kyungsoo looked at you and bit his lips again. He then turned to the front.

You were still not feeling okay. You were still upset. Because of the fact that now Kyungsoo and Yeon Joo are dating.

You looked at Kyungsoo and your heart started to ache.

I should have chosen another seat. Why is Kyungsoo just in front of me?

You could not change your seat already. The teacher announced that this is your permanent seating arrangement for the term.

You sighed and lowered your head.

But there were things you still needed to clarify. How do these people know Luhan?

"Hey bro! You are back!" Sehun greeted his best friend.

"Yup! I transferred back here." Luhan gave his signature smile. The one you really loved.

Oh. So he came back here to study?

You turned behind and questioned, " How do you all know each other?"

Suho and Sehun gave you a puzzled look.

"Luhan never told you about us?" Sehun asked, slightly glaring at his best friend.

"I never told her." Luhan chuckled and looked at you.

"He's part of our clique." Suho explained.

Huh? Serious? Luhan never mentioned this before.

"What? How many people are in your clique?" You asked again, curiousity took over you really easily.

"12. The others are studying in another school. We are a big family! We are one!" Suho happily continued.

12? That's a lot. All of them must be good friends though. You smiled a little and Sehun looked at you.

"Now. We have a question. Why didn't you tell us that you were dating Hyo Jin?" Sehun faced Luhan and folded his arms.

He did not say? They don't know?

Luhan just giggled and replied, " Must I tell you everything about my life?"

"You were always talking about Hyo Jin. We asked you who she is and you just ignored us. Hence, we assumed she is your good friend." Suho rolled his eyes.

You recalled the first day of school. No wonder they know me.  

Since you clarified your doubts already, you turned back to your front. 

Again, the sight of Kyungsoo reminded you of what happened earlier.

What am I going to do?

 

Class already commenced and your mind was just constantly replaying what happened earlier.

You tried to erase your thoughts but you could not.

Everytime when you were on the verge of forgetting what happened, it comes back to you again.

You could not pay attention in class. It was hard to focus.

Your heart was getting painful and painful.

It got worse when you overheard Suho and Sehun's conversation.

"Yeon Joo said she is dating Kyungsoo."

"Huh? Really?"

You could feel Suho and Sehun's eyes on you.

Stop reminding me.

Your vision was getting blurred. It must be the tears. They were on the verge of falling out. 

You lowered your head down and the ends of your hair slowly laid down on the pages of the textbook.

Very soon, you had your head down, your brown hair covering the side of your face.

You tried your best to prevent your tears from rolling down. But to no avail, a tear escaped, followed by another.

You silently cried, hoping no one will hear you and no one will notice you.

The hot tears started to flow down one by one, slowly dripping and wetting the pages on your textbook.

You did not know why you are even crying in the first place.

 


 

A/N: Omg. I feel a upset writing this chapter :( Sigh... So this is Chapter 11:) Why did I say this chapter is interesting? It's because the new character is introduced! So what do you think will happen next since the new character is introduced? Hehe. If you don't know, I updated this on Friday because I did not update on Tuesday. Next week, I'm not able to update because I'm having a school activity overseas and there is no internet connection:( But i will update on next Monday so yay! Please understand:) Do subscribe, comment or even upvote! I really appreciate it:) Your comments made me smile! Thank you so much! I love you all! See you all in Chapter 12 and don't be upset after reading this chapter :( Thank you for reading,you!^^